ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 8:12:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 8:08:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Self-explanatory.

I was looking for debate points for a competition. After I handed up my points to the teacher who was supposed to give me advice, she threw me out so her favourite student could take my place.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 8:13:50 AM
My own story:

I had been growing tired of Yahoo!Answers for a few months back then, and had been thinking about quitting the site. At the same time I was obsessed with both Naruto and One Piece so I googled "luffy vs. naruto" and one of the first results was a DDO debate on the topic. It didn't take me long to find out that the site was also great for discussing religion, philosophy, and science, so I began to get involved in a few debates and poll flame wars. By my third debate or so, I was completely hooked and have remained so ever since then.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:19:43 AM
I saw it on a search engine when I googled some random thing. And it stayed in the back of my head for a few years. I decided to replace some of my phone app game addictions with this. I figured atleast I gain something out of this. I do light research on whatever topic I debate and I grow in knowledge. All this knowledge will probably be useless though, when people can just start mind googling stuff.
Complicated_Mind
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:52:13 AM
I literally googled "debate" because it sounded fun, lol. I may have saw some opinions or polls, but the time that sticks out most is when I googled debate. It stuck in the back of my mind for a few months, and I came back, made an account, and now I'm pretty much hooked.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 10:13:39 AM
I was surfing the internet one day when I came across a debate on DDO (I don't remember what the debate was). Curious, I spent a few minutes exploring the Site and it looked very fun. I think it was a month later when I joined as Bubbatheclown.
And later, I realized that this Site was also a haven for trolls.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 10:20:03 AM
I was looking up information that would help me with a debate I was going to have in school the next day. I forgot what it was, but it had something to do with history because the debate was for history class. I found a debate of the same topic on this site and I thought the site was pretty cool so I joined. I had a couple good debates. And then I was utterly defeated and humiliated in a debate with a prominent member of DDO. I was a noob then, so I abandoned the site.

Then, about 4 months later, I was looking up stuff about my favorite fictional character, Goku (DBZ), and I also looked up stuff on Superman. I was trying to decide who would win a fight between each other. I found a debate on DDO between Jay-D and legodude1234 where legodude1234 took the side of Goku and Jay-D took the side of superman. legodude1234 was being a huge jerk, using ad hominen and making an douche out of himself. Needless to say that Jay-D won by a handful. I really love Goku, so I couldn't stand that in a debate, he got such a jerk as a representative, so I registered and challenged Jay-D to the same topic. I tried very hard and actually did very well, but I conceded in the last round so I lost. I didn't mind because I felt I did a sufficient enough job of defending Goku. And I've stayed here ever since because I realized that this place is so freakin awesome!
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 10:44:34 AM
Self-explanatory.

I was looking for stuff on high school topics, and I found this site. I actually found it three years ago, but I didn't get an account. I just looked at one of the debates, looked around a bit, and I left.

I remembered it last fall and thought it might be fun to get an account.

That's my story.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:03:22 AM
Googled debate website. Found this one.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:25:58 AM
Self-explanatory.

I googled some theological debate and found one of Invisibledeity's debates. I clicked on it, and the rest is history.
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:31:28 AM
I was googling debates on whether or not Andrew Jackson should be removed from the $20 bill, read one from Ragnar (https://www.debate.org...), and started exploring the site. I made my account sometime within the next two days.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:32:07 AM
Self-explanatory.

TOS convinced me to join.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:33:14 AM
At 4/16/2014 11:32:07 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Self-explanatory.

Terms of service?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:34:37 AM
Same as most people. I had always used it here and there for help with debtes, then one day during a Geography lesson, I needed to find information for and against mining in Antarctica. I used it, then around that time coincidentally, my friend who is RossM on this website, asked if I used it. I said I did, then he said I should join...

And the rest is history.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:36:07 AM
At 4/16/2014 11:33:14 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 4/16/2014 11:32:07 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Self-explanatory.

Terms of service?

TheOncomingStorm but close enough :P
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:49:49 AM
At 4/16/2014 11:25:58 AM, Pitbull15 wrote:
Self-explanatory.

I googled some theological debate and found one of Invisibledeity's debates. I clicked on it, and the rest is history.

Lol, did you see the one he did about the earth being flat because Christianity said it wasn't, and Christianity is a false joke? XD
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:51:25 AM
Self-explanatory.

I think it was from reading Contradiction's debates on gay marriage... I remember following the debate he had with HonestDiscussioneer, and thinking it was pretty cool.

I then lurked the site for a while, and after about half a year of doing that I made an account. Then I didn't use my account much, and didn't start debating until a couple months ago.

And now I can't stop... lol

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:14:13 PM
At 4/16/2014 11:49:49 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
Self-explanatory.

Lol, did you see the one he did about the earth being flat because Christianity said it wasn't, and Christianity is a false joke? XD

Lol, no I didn't. I'd love to read that, though. Do you have a link?

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:15:13 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:14:13 PM, Pitbull15 wrote:
Self-explanatory.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:17:08 PM
At 4/16/2014 8:12:16 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Self-explanatory.

I was looking for debate points for a competition. After I handed up my points to the teacher who was supposed to give me advice, she threw me out so her favourite student could take my place.

Seriously?

Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:18:36 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:15:13 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Self-explanatory.

LOL. He's got to bring "THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!!!!!" and "CHRISTIANITY!!!" into every debate. Did you see the one he did titled, "The Abrahamic God!!!" with TrustmeImlying?

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:20:52 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:18:36 PM, Pitbull15 wrote:
Self-explanatory.

LOL. He's got to bring "THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!!!!!" and "CHRISTIANITY!!!" into every debate. Did you see the one he did titled, "The Abrahamic God!!!" with TrustmeImlying?

Hehe... oh gosh, that's horrible. :P In some ways it's funny, but it's not funny when he does it to you. You think he's a troll or for serious?

Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:22:50 PM
Self-explanatory.

His account is closed... thank fucked.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:23:58 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:20:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Self-explanatory.

Hehe... oh gosh, that's horrible. :P In some ways it's funny, but it's not funny when he does it to you. You think he's a troll or for serious?

Lol I thought he was a troll, but after seeing the Google+ atheist community, he may be for real.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:27:48 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:23:58 PM, Pitbull15 wrote:
Self-explanatory.

Lol I thought he was a troll, but after seeing the Google+ atheist community, he may be for real.

Lol, yeah, I've pretty much quit G+ because it's a waste of time, and I don't want to cause any other of them to come on here...

Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:28:17 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:22:50 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
Self-explanatory.

His account is closed... thank fucked.

He will be back. They all come back... I'm waiting for Izbo10 to come back, being the SOB that he always was. I think he's disguised as bulproof, though.

Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:29:20 PM
Self-explanatory.

I Googled reasons that the Christian God is real and found an opinion about it.
Dude... Stop...
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:30:24 PM
At 4/16/2014 12:27:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 4/16/2014 12:23:58 PM, Pitbull15 wrote:
Self-explanatory.

Lol, yeah, I've pretty much quit G+ because it's a waste of time, and I don't want to cause any other of them to come on here...

Come to think of it, I might deactivate my Y!A account if I ever go back there... Did you see those trolls named "Steamypoopoo" and "Madness"? As stupid as they were, I had to lol.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:40:44 PM
I found the site 4 years ago while looking up sources for my own LD and policy debates, but I never created an account. I just watched it on again/off again for a few months before forgetting about it. Until a few months ago when I thought, hey, maybe I should give it a try.