Jump to topic:

Happy Easter DDO !

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 4:16:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Easter has found us in our sins once again. Now how many of you out there believe in the Crucifixion ? Lets see a show of hands. Okay. Well how many of you have or do celebrate Passover, or the Easter holiday ? Tell us what this holiday means to you and why if you dont mind. Thank you very much for your cooperation. =)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 4:24:10 PM
Well... for me, Easter falls on 4/20. It is the latter that I will be celebrating. Although I will roll one in the name of black baby jesus.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 4:28:47 PM
At 4/17/2014 4:24:10 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Well... for me, Easter falls on 4/20. It is the latter that I will be celebrating. Although I will roll one in the name of black baby jesus.

Do you believe that Jesus himself was a Black man. Answer please.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 4:43:47 PM
At 4/17/2014 4:28:47 PM, inferno wrote:

No, I believe he was middle-eastern. I also don't believe the original 12 apostles had modern, white men names - but this is irrelevant to the question posed to me.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 4:53:54 PM
At 4/17/2014 4:43:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No, I believe he was middle-eastern. I also don't believe the original 12 apostles had modern, white men names - but this is irrelevant to the question posed to me.

I do believe that you are somewhat correct in your uh theories about the race and ethnicities of the Savior and The Disciples.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 4:59:48 PM
At 4/17/2014 4:53:54 PM, inferno wrote:

I do believe that you are somewhat correct in your uh theories about the race and ethnicities of the Savior and The Disciples.

Well, what are your reservations against fully agreeing? The *somewhat* & *uh* remarks most certainly call for expansion if you have the time.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:01:49 PM
At 4/17/2014 4:59:48 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well, what are your reservations against fully agreeing? The *somewhat* & *uh* remarks most certainly call for expansion if you have the time.

I believe that Jesus was a Black male........Like a Black Jew type of human being.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:03:39 PM
Happy Resurrection DDO! :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:07:19 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:01:49 PM, inferno wrote:

I believe that Jesus was a Black male........Like a Black Jew type of human being.

Really? That's actually pretty fascinating. I would like to hear your reasoning for him possibly being a Black Jew. Does it have anything to do with the origins of his mother Mary or something? Obviously Joseph has no biological ground in this discussion since it wasn't his seed.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:17:31 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:07:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Really? That's actually pretty fascinating. I would like to hear your reasoning for him possibly being a Black Jew. Does it have anything to do with the origins of his mother Mary or something? Obviously Joseph has no biological ground in this discussion since it wasn't his seed.

Yes it does.............I do believe that when you hear in the Bible about the hair being like wool and skin of brass......what does that mean to you ?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:17:51 PM

Yes it does.............I do believe that when you hear in the Bible about the hair being like wool and skin of brass......what does that mean to you ? I am here.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:18:19 PM

Yes it does.............I do believe that when you hear in the Bible about the hair being like wool and skin of brass......what does that mean to you ? I am here. I wanna hear more of your thoughts on this.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:18:47 PM

Yes it does.............I do believe that when you hear in the Bible about the hair being like wool and skin of brass......what does that mean to you ? I am here. I wanna hear more of your thoughts on this.

Okay. Anyone can join in if they like now.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:28:18 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:18:47 PM, inferno wrote:

Well, I definitely agree that the Bible is presented in an abstract manner like that. For instance, it is now understood that during Biblical times anything related to the sky was referenced as the heavens. Alot of people took this literally when in reality that was simply the designated term for anything relating to the sky.

That's why I'd have to agree that a reference to skin like brass and hair like wool would certainly imply the physical attributes of the common black person. But is this what was said about Mary? That her skin was like brass and hair like wool?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:31:19 PM
It's alittle early for this eh?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:51:23 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:28:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well, I definitely agree that the Bible is presented in an abstract manner like that. For instance, it is now understood that during Biblical times anything related to the sky was referenced as the heavens. Alot of people took this literally when in reality that was simply the designated term for anything relating to the sky.

That's why I'd have to agree that a reference to skin like brass and hair like wool would certainly imply the physical attributes of the common black person. But is this what was said about Mary? That her skin was like brass and hair like wool?

About God. Google it when you can and there you will see the references to Him.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:52:32 PM

See Revelations 1:12-18.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 5:57:00 PM

The Apostles became so prominent that people started copying their names. They don't have modern white men names, rather modern white men have ancient Jewish names.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 6:06:34 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:57:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The Apostles became so prominent that people started copying their names. They don't have modern white men names, rather modern white men have ancient Jewish names.

I see.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 6:33:42 PM
Well, I'll be in the last throes of Passover, so basically just eating matzah instead of bread and missing a good cheeseburger.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 7:58:34 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:52:32 PM, inferno wrote:

See Revelations 1:12-18.

Yeah, but all that says is that his hair was white like wool. I feel like that is referencing the color if anything. Also, after thinking about it. Middle-eastern people can have skin like brass and hair like wool. It doesn't necessarily mean that he was black.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 8:13:05 PM
At 4/17/2014 5:57:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Idk... I found several sources that all said the same thing:

Yeshuah - Jesus
Shimeon - Peter
Yehudah- Judas
Matthiyahu- Matthew
Andreas- Andrew
Bartholomew- Nathaniel
Didymus- Thomas
Shimeon- Simon the Zealot
James- Yaqov
Yochanan-John
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 10:07:49 PM

Time to plant Easter eggs full of weed everywhere. Once in a lifetime opportunity.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:46:03 AM
At 4/17/2014 10:07:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Time to plant Easter eggs full of weed everywhere. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Ehh... I secretly discovered time travel and realized I would be able to do it another 61 times. After that, I'm dust.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 11:08:44 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:46:03 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/17/2014 10:07:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Ehh... I secretly discovered time travel and realized I would be able to do it another 61 times. After that, I'm dust.

33 times in the next 1,000 years.

Next 2 times are in 2025 and 2087.

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord