Jump to topic:

Got a bad vote?

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:30:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have yet to see a forum where people can freely post a debate where they may have gotten an unfair vote... So here I go, I will assemble a team (unless there is one) (and if you want to join go ahead and pm me) and all you have to do is post your debate here for a possible second chance my committed team and I will have a look at the debate and vote as fairly as possible (we will discuss over pm) this will most likely be in effect until the new voting system comes out.

Rule one: if you don't like the idea, then don't post your debate.
Rule two: if you post a debate where you think you got a bad vote, and it turns out it was a fair vote then don't blame us if we vote against you, we are not Always going to be in your favor.

Rule three: don't post a debate that has no votes, there is already a section for that, and a team as well.

Well if you think this is a good idea please proceed.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:34:45 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:30:10 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
I have yet to see a forum where people can freely post a debate where they may have gotten an unfair vote... So here I go, I will assemble a team (unless there is one) (and if you want to join go ahead and pm me) and all you have to do is post your debate here for a possible second chance my committed team and I will have a look at the debate and vote as fairly as possible (we will discuss over pm) this will most likely be in effect until the new voting system comes out.

Rule two: if you post a debate where you think you got a bad vote, and it turns out it was a fair vote then don't blame us if we vote against you, we are not Always going to be in your favor.

Rule three: don't post a debate that has no votes, there is already a section for that, and a team as well.

Donald Keller had a voting squad but he abandoned it for some reason.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:35:41 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:34:45 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Like this one?
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:36:16 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:35:41 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Like this one?

He just sent a mass PM of debates to vote on, and we could add to the list.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:38:07 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:36:16 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Like this one?

Yeah but that still could have people who don't vote fairly.

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:39:04 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:38:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 4/18/2014 1:36:16 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Like this one?

Yeah but that still could have people who don't vote fairly.

He had all kinds of rules and stuff. No one voted unfairly and it went a lot faster.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:41:09 PM

Donald.Keller actually started one of those with several really good voters on it such as Ragnar, whitflame, and Mikal, but it seems to have been inactive lately..,
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:43:21 PM
Bah I guess I'm too late *sniffs as a tear rund down my cheek*

Whelp disregard people.

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:44:10 PM
At this I take my leave to see the new Spider-Man.

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:49:30 PM
Someone (not me) should set up a system similar to Donald's except if you are part of the "squad," you are guaranteed at least two "good/fair" votes per debate that you do. The squad then takes turns. Whoever runs the squad keeps a spreadsheet and whenever someone finishes a debate, assigns two squad members whose "turn" it is to vote. People who consistently fail to vote are booted out of the squad and have past "squad" votes in their favor updated to award zero points (if the voting period is still open).

The squad does not promise to vote in your favor, but merely to ensure that you get two decent votes per debate with fair RFD's.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:56:04 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:49:30 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Someone (not me) should set up a system similar to Donald's except if you are part of the "squad," you are guaranteed at least two "good/fair" votes per debate that you do. The squad then takes turns. Whoever runs the squad keeps a spreadsheet and whenever someone finishes a debate, assigns two squad members whose "turn" it is to vote. People who consistently fail to vote are booted out of the squad and have past "squad" votes in their favor updated to award zero points (if the voting period is still open).

The squad does not promise to vote in your favor, but merely to ensure that you get two decent votes per debate with fair RFD's.

Everyone did get two votes under donalds system, and you were allowed to post your own debate everytime you voted on someone elses. Nothing is different in your proposal except turns, which make the process slower.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:00:49 PM

I wouldn't mind setting up that. A debating squad with voting rotations...
To cater for a large amount of people, I think the system would work like this. So you have the squad, who are debating, and whenever one person finishes a debate, he contacts the leader with a link to the debate. The leader has a rotation of each person in the squad and selects the top two. He contacts them and tells them to vote and sends them the link. People who fail to vote are kicked. Votes in their favour taken away...this seems fair. And this system gets rid of the need to have a spreadsheet with votes finished, only one with list of people for the rotation.

This could work, but it does require trust in that whenever someone finishes a debate, he has to contact the leader, or else it he can just do it whenever he has a good debate. That will also be a rule and anyone caught not doing that will be kicked too. The leader will also lose leadership if he does the same.

I don't mind being the leader. When I get back to school, I won't always get back with votes extremely punctually, but within at least three days I will get back to all involved parties...

Yeah. If enough people are on board, I'll start setting up right now. Two guaranteed good votes are always a good thing. Just say here.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:07:24 PM
darnit! My debate ended and I lost becuz of a bad vote...
RFD: "I am against the MLP primarily because i know a few people who watch it, and dont rather like how they act."
WUT???!!! HOW IS THAT A GOOD REASON TO VOTE CON????
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:14:54 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:00:49 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:

To cater for a large amount of people, I think the system would work like this. So you have the squad, who are debating, and whenever one person finishes a debate, he contacts the leader with a link to the debate. The leader has a rotation of each person in the squad and selects the top two. He contacts them and tells them to vote and sends them the link. People who fail to vote are kicked. Votes in their favour taken away...this seems fair. And this system gets rid of the need to have a spreadsheet with votes finished, only one with list of people for the rotation.

This could work, but it does require trust in that whenever someone finishes a debate, he has to contact the leader, or else it he can just do it whenever he has a good debate. That will also be a rule and anyone caught not doing that will be kicked too. The leader will also lose leadership if he does the same.

I don't mind being the leader. When I get back to school, I won't always get back with votes extremely punctually, but within at least three days I will get back to all involved parties...

Yeah. If enough people are on board, I'll start setting up right now. Two guaranteed good votes are always a good thing. Just say here.

I wouldn't be averse to the idea. I have trouble regularly keeping up with which debates warrant more votes, and I appreciated donald.keller's system for keeping me apprised and providing some consistent votes on my debates. I'd participate.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:18:53 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:14:54 PM, whiteflame wrote:

I wouldn't be averse to the idea. I have trouble regularly keeping up with which debates warrant more votes, and I appreciated donald.keller's system for keeping me apprised and providing some consistent votes on my debates. I'd participate.

1) CJKAllstar
2) whiteflame

The first tribu...er...participant! When we reach ten, there'll be a comprehensive post on exactly how it works, and the order of the rotation will be randomised.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:19:40 PM

I could be in

CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:21:27 PM
1) CJKAllstar
2) whiteflame
3) Linkish1O2
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:21:28 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:18:53 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
At 4/18/2014 2:14:54 PM, whiteflame wrote:

1) CJKAllstar
2) whiteflame
3) Jifpop09

The first tribu...er...participant! When we reach ten, there'll be a comprehensive post on exactly how it works, and the order of the rotation will be randomised.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:22:10 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:21:27 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
1) CJKAllstar
2) whiteflame
3) Jifpop09
4) Linkish1O2

Fix'd
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:56:14 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:07:24 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
RFD: "I am against the MLP primarily because i know a few people who watch it, and dont rather like how they act."

PM max. He can still remove it even if the voting period closed.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:58:41 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:56:14 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/18/2014 2:07:24 PM, 9spaceking wrote:

PM max. He can still remove it even if the voting period closed.

Oh wow. "The power of the president, high and like fire, tellin' those spammers 'you're gonna hear me roar-or-or-or, you're gonna hear me roar!'"
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 1:34:32 AM
This idea ever get anywhere?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:51:32 AM
So we don't have a new voting group?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:53:22 AM
At 11/1/2014 11:51:32 AM, donald.keller wrote:

BOT runs a new voting group.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:54:01 AM
At 11/1/2014 11:53:22 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Oh cool. Who's system is it based on? Or is it a new system?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:56:16 AM
At 11/1/2014 11:54:01 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 11/1/2014 11:53:22 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Oh cool. Who's system is it based on? Or is it a new system?

IDK...you'd have to ask him. I just know he runs the current voting group.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...