Jump to topic:

Linking documents as sources?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:10:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How to link a document, like an excel spreed sheet showing calculations and tables?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:12:35 PM
At 4/18/2014 3:10:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
How to link a document, like an excel spreed sheet showing calculations and tables?

I would think that uploading it to google docs, or something like that and then posting a link to the google doc would be the most accessible. Of course, you'd want to set it to "read only."
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:26:17 PM
At 4/18/2014 3:12:35 PM, YYW wrote:

I would think that uploading it to google docs, or something like that and then posting a link to the google doc would be the most accessible. Of course, you'd want to set it to "read only."

Yeah, I think that works, although I've never uploaded something from Excel to Google Docs. Microsoft Office isn't always super-compatible with Google Docs.

Another possibility is just to screen capture all the data and upload it as pictures to imgur or tinypic or something. If it's an image, you can embed it in the actual debate.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:35:10 PM
At 4/18/2014 3:26:17 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Yeah, I think that works, although I've never uploaded something from Excel to Google Docs. Microsoft Office isn't always super-compatible with Google Docs.

Another possibility is just to screen capture all the data and upload it as pictures to imgur or tinypic or something. If it's an image, you can embed it in the actual debate.

Probably the easiest option right here.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:04:03 PM
At 4/18/2014 3:35:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:

One of the reasons I wanted to get the excel document in there was so that people could see the equations and not just the numbers, that way they know they are correct. But of course, the picture is better than nothing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:07:03 PM
At 4/18/2014 4:04:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

One of the reasons I wanted to get the excel document in there was so that people could see the equations and not just the numbers, that way they know they are correct. But of course, the picture is better than nothing.

Multiple pictures? One of the numbers and one of how you got the numbers?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ManofFewWords
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:14:23 PM
At 4/18/2014 4:04:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

hold ctrl+a and then hold ctrl press the top left button on your keyboard to the left of '1'.

(1) Ctrl+A
(2) Ctrl+`
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 8:09:44 PM

I learned first hand not to link documents to the page. Just print screen them and post the image.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party