COME ONE COME ALL TO SEE Zaradi v. Jifpop

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:29:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

THIS IS THE DEBATE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. JIFPOP, THE NEW HOTSHOT, CALLS OUT THE OLD VETEREN, ZARADI, TO A DEBATE FOR THE AGES. COME ONE COME ALL, READ AND VOTE AWAY!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:42:11 AM
At 4/20/2014 2:33:24 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Can you not rally voters please? The legitimacy of the votes can get edgy if you do.

With KC's vote the "legitimacy" of the votes already went out the window. Besides, this forum OP was 100% objective. I'm not saying to vote for me or vote for you, but simply to vote. What, are you scared to have more people read and vote on the debate?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:43:40 AM
Zaradi, all I'll say is to not insult debaters any further. KC1999 was very upset over the extent of your insults. Let the mods take care of it.

We both did good. No reason to get all upset.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:45:50 AM
At 4/20/2014 2:43:40 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Zaradi, all I'll say is to not insult debaters any further.

In what way is this thread insulting either you or me?

KC1999 was very upset over the extent of your insults.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

Let the mods take care of it.

Hence why I asked mods to look into KC's vote. The mods took issue with it. That should explain a lot of things to you.

We both did good. No reason to get all upset.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:52:45 AM
At 4/20/2014 2:50:43 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Mods, please delete this flame war waiting to happen

http://37.media.tumblr.com...

Pls run more.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:54:43 AM
After being called out, KC1999 actually defended his vote, and you still harassed him. Just don't do that in the future please.

"I have been asked to further justify the debate decision that I have made, and this I shall do so. I find the usage of philosophy in this argument really unconvincing. Philosophy is sometimes, and as is in this case, subjective. Nietzche's philosophy was rejected by some, and to base the entire first round on the philosophy of Nietzche is dangerous. Pro's arguments on economics, on the other hand, was very convincing; it shows how much investment could mean to the United States of America.

The economic rebuttals given by con were, more or less, refuted when pro introduced graph and visual information of his own; however, both sides use considerable amount of name calling and ad hominem (I think that's what it's called). This increases the intensity of this debate and diverts it from it's true purpose; to attack the opponent's points.

Argument wise, this debate was very close. Conduct wise, this debate belonged to pro. Good job to you both. Good day." -KC1999
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:59:33 AM
At 4/20/2014 2:54:43 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
After being called out, KC1999 actually defended his vote,

This isn't a defense. It's him justifying sh*t with more sh*t.

and you still harassed him. Just don't do that in the future please.

Thank you for bringing up his justification in a place where I can use rich text. I'll go through and bold every part of the justification I take issue with because it was never brought up in the debate and italicize the parts that have insufficient justification to.

"I have been asked to further justify the debate decision that I have made, and this I shall do so. I find the usage of philosophy in this argument really unconvincing. Philosophy is sometimes, and as is in this case, subjective. Nietzche's philosophy was rejected by some, and to base the entire first round on the philosophy of Nietzche is dangerous. Pro's arguments on economics, on the other hand, was very convincing; it shows how much investment could mean to the United States of America.

The economic rebuttals given by con were, more or less, refuted when pro introduced graph and visual information of his own; however, both sides use considerable amount of name calling and ad hominem (I think that's what it's called). This increases the intensity of this debate and diverts it from it's true purpose; to attack the opponent's points.

Argument wise, this debate was very close. Conduct wise, this debate belonged to pro. Good job to you both. Good day." -KC1999

The bolded was never once mentioned in the debate. The first italicized doesn't even mention the fact that I had three rebuttals that were virtually unaddressed, and the only time you addressed them was when you were making new arguments in the final round (the round that we weren't even supposed to be debating in, by the way). The second italicized relies on new arguments in the final round being weighed, which is insanely unfair to me.

What's left, then, is conduct vote and a bunch of "pro was more convincing" dithering that doesn't justify anything. It's a vote bomb, clear and simple.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:01:03 AM
Let the mods handle it Zaradi. You did bring up nietzche, but in actuallity, he didn't even need to justify his vote. He did so in his RFD
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:04:18 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:01:03 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Let the mods handle it Zaradi.

I actually talked to Airmax about that. The mods actually HAVENT taken action yet. That means that an OUTSIDE READER asked Kc to justify the vote. The fact that some 100% random person took issue with the vote enough to PM kc to ask him to justify it more shows exactly how sh*t of a vote it was.

You did bring up nietzche,

Why is this an actual sentence?

but in actuallity, he didn't even need to justify his vote.

Oh god...please....you're literally giving me cancer.

He did so in his RFD

I have officially lost all faith in humanity and new users on this site.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:05:29 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:04:18 AM, Zaradi wrote:

I actually talked to Airmax about that. The mods actually HAVENT taken action yet. That means that an OUTSIDE READER asked Kc to justify the vote. The fact that some 100% random person took issue with the vote enough to PM kc to ask him to justify it more shows exactly how sh*t of a vote it was.

I asked him to justify his vote. I didn't want you attacking him, and I wanted him to expand his points

You did bring up nietzche,

Why is this an actual sentence?

but in actuallity, he didn't even need to justify his vote.

Oh god...please....you're literally giving me cancer.

He did so in his RFD

I have officially lost all faith in humanity and new users on this site.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:07:47 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:05:29 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

I asked him to justify his vote. I didn't want you attacking him, and I wanted him to expand his points

So let me get this straight. You ask him to justify his votes, then you said that he didn't need to justify anything, You're being 100% contradictory. Just come out and admit the blatantly obvious right now: you asked kc to votebomb in your favor.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:08:57 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:07:47 AM, Zaradi wrote:

So let me get this straight. You ask him to justify his votes, then you said that he didn't need to justify anything, You're being 100% contradictory. Just come out and admit the blatantly obvious right now: you asked kc to votebomb in your favor.

He doesn't have to justify, but I knew you would harass him if he didn't. You were acting like an arse to him. That's unacceptable.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:10:06 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:08:57 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

He doesn't have to justify, but I knew you would harass him if he didn't. You were acting like an arse to him. That's unacceptable.

What's unacceptable is that you feel that you have to ask newer members to votebomb in your favor to try and win a debate. THAT'S what's unacceptable.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:16:16 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:10:06 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/20/2014 3:08:57 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

What's unacceptable is that you feel that you have to ask newer members to votebomb in your favor to try and win a debate. THAT'S what's unacceptable.

.... -_-
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:17:57 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:16:16 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

.... -_-

Dude. It's blatantly obvious. Just admit it. You'll get laughed at for a little bit, yeah, but it'll be forgotten in a week or so. If you try and deny it it's only gonna become more of a drama fest and you'll probably get slapped around by Airmax's massive banhammah dick.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:39:13 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:17:57 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/20/2014 3:16:16 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

.... -_-

Dude. It's blatantly obvious. Just admit it. You'll get laughed at for a little bit, yeah, but it'll be forgotten in a week or so. If you try and deny it it's only gonna become more of a drama fest and you'll probably get slapped around by Airmax's massive banhammah dick.

Can you both please give it a rest already?!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:39:40 AM

.... -_-

Can you both please give it a rest already?!
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:42:08 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:41:10 AM, Smithereens wrote:
argument on DDO. 'bout time.

Why are you encouraging it? -.-
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:44:05 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:42:08 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

because it never happens. It's either a flame war or a formal system. If it's not then there are more than two members and/or wall'o'text rants. It's good to see a 1v1 argument resolve with a clear victor too.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:46:03 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:44:05 AM, Smithereens wrote:

because it never happens. It's either a flame war or a formal system. If it's not then there are more than two members and/or wall'o'text rants. It's good to see a 1v1 argument resolve with a clear victor too.

Have you seen their last argument? It lasted days! ^^ comment section for the debate they are talking about.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:47:08 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:46:03 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Have you seen their last argument? It lasted days! ^^ comment section for the debate they are talking about.

No I haven't seen it, now that you mention it...
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 7:51:38 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:47:08 AM, Smithereens wrote:

It is summed up by: (NO OFFENSE TO Z & J)
J: I can beat Zaradi!
Z: WHAT?! YOU CANT JUST SAY THAT! LET'S DO A DEBATE SO I CAL PROVE YOU WRONG!
J: Okay Let's do A B C D.
Z: Ok
*J sets up debate
Z: WTH! THAT IS NOT A B C D! THAT IS A B E D!
J: Sorry! I agree with this!
Z: No! That means the resolution is unfair! Ugh! You troll!
J: Wait! I did tell you A B E D!
Z: No! You said before you didn't!
(continues for a few hours)
J: If you have a problem, decline the debate and I'll do it with someone else!
Z: YOU ARE A TROLL! This is unfair! But let's do it anyways.
*J and Z insult one another through a debate

That is summing it up through impartial eyes.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 8:18:38 AM
So Jifpop is the next big thing? I didn't think he was anything amazing. He is a very good debater and very knowledgeable person, but I thought he was one of the many very good debaters on this site. I suppose I should have been more careful if that is the case before accepting one of his debates...
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Adaptable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 8:19:12 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:51:38 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

*J sets up debate

Lol
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:33:01 AM
At 4/20/2014 8:18:38 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:
So Jifpop is the next big thing? I didn't think he was anything amazing. He is a very good debater and very knowledgeable person, but I thought he was one of the many very good debaters on this site. I suppose I should have been more careful if that is the case before accepting one of his debates...

I'd say that he's set to become the next STALIN; pretty good debater but way underrated in terms of reputation.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:40:31 AM
At 4/20/2014 11:33:01 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/20/2014 8:18:38 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:

I'd say that he's set to become the next STALIN; pretty good debater but way underrated in terms of reputation.

True
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:42:36 AM
At 4/20/2014 7:51:38 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

*J sets up debate

Update

J: *asks a bunch of noobs to vote*
Z: *asks a bunch of seniors the vote*
*barely any noobs show up*
*lots of seniors show up*
*Zaradi wins debate*

THE END.