Jump to topic:

Cup o'Tea with Annie 01

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:16:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello DDO! I"m ESocial, or Annie. Some of you may have known me as ImaDDOrk (now closed.) I am going to be doing interviews with debaters and members I think are outstanding. These interviews with consist of a few serious, weird and funny questions. Some questions will repeat in my other interviews.

On towards, this is my second interview, so please welcome zmikecuber, my alleged
fake cousin.

A: How did you find DDO?
Z: I found DDO about 2 years ago when I was searching for something about gay marriage. I found one of Contradiction's debates, and thought it was pretty cool. I didn't make an account right away though.

A: Why did you join DDO?
Z: I joined DDO because I had been lurking the site for a long time and finally figured it was about time to make an account and get in on the action!

A: I"ll pretend I didn"t see a connotation in that.
Next question, Favourite part of DDO?
Z: Probably the debating and the philosophy forum section.

A: Philosophy, hmm, interesting.
First friend on DDO?
Z: Oh gosh.. I can't remember! I just remember that airmax was one of the first, as well as SeventhProfessor.

A: Favourite member on DDO?
Z: For the girls I'd have to go with ESocialBookworm. She's a good kid and I get along with her really well :) For guys I'd say probably Sswdwm. He's a great guy, and I always enjoy talking/debating philosophy with him because he's pretty intelligent. Speaking of which we're having a debate right now.. *cough cough* :P

A: "":p Flattery will get you nowhere.
How did you feel about your first debate?
Z: I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was actually a challenge for InvisbleDeity but somebody else accepted it.

A: Did you win or lose?
Z: I won it!

A: *high-five*
Favourite debate? (not necessarily yours)
Z: Oh boy, this is a reallly hard one. Unitedandy and StephenHawking's debate about abortion was a pretty good one.

A: I"ll have to look that up.
Most memorable thing anyone has ever said to you?
Z: I honestly can't think of anything.

A: Lol. Wait. Someone said that to you or---
Never mind. How long do you plan on staying on DDO?
Z: For a good long while. Not leaving any time soon, although I may be too busy during the summer with work to frequent the site.

A: YAY!
How often do you work on debates?
Z: Every couple of days or so.

A: Have you ever been in a debate outside of DDO? Like a really serious one?
Z: Nope. Unless arguing with people on Google+ counts. I suppose not.

A: Recommendations to new users?
Z: Engage in intelligent discussions in the forums, and start some debates! Also, study logic especially if you want to win, lol.

A: Your favourite troll?
Z: InvisibleDeity

A: *coughs* I wonder why.
If you could delete anyone"s account, whose would you delete?
Z: If I HAD to choose someone, probably TheFoolonTheHill, lol.

A: Never heard of him.
Would you rather eat a whole fish raw (as in just pick it up and eat it) or wear a bra in front of your crush?
Z: Definitely the second, since I could explain it afterwards. And I already do embarrassing and crazy stuff, so yeah... I mean, I don't ever go THAT far, but people already know me as goofy. :)

A: Interesting"
If you could change your username, what would you change it to?
Z: MisterMasterMikey

A: Lol.
If you woke up one morning as a girl, what is the first thing you would do when you see other people?
Z: I would ask them if they had ever taken a pee at a urinal while lifting one leg pretending to be a dog.

A: """"" O_o""""".. Okay then"""""" Let"s move along" *looks at you weird and with pride*
If your best friend told you he/she liked you, what would you do?
Z: Oh well she already tells me that! ;)

A: Aww! That"s so cute! *swoons*
Best for last: would you rather be on DDO for an eternity or have a lifetime supply of food?

Z: Ugh! Why do you call this the best when it's totally the WORST. :| I'd hope that I would say DDO (for my lifetime, not eternity) buut... it depends on what food. If someone offered me mountain dew, circus peanut candy, lasagna and sunflower seeds... I'd have a hard time saying no to that!

Thanks for the interview! I always liked reading interviews of other members, and I hope that everyone else feels the same about this interview. Oh, and Happy Easter DDO! Eat lots of jelly beans!

A: No problem. Thanks for doing this. Happy Easter to you as well! Enjoy the jelly beans everyone and stay tuned!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:28:21 PM
Just to confirm, outstanding is defined as "prominent; conspicuous; striking", or "marked by superiority or distinction; excellent; distinguished", or "noticeable". I personally think I'm noticeable for being a bad debater accepting debates I don't even agree on, and when I do agree on something strongly, nobody can defeat me (SEE: School Uniforms Shouldn't be Required). And I also troll in some debates, which is funny, because one of them I actually won (see: "torture is cool").
So, I'm not suggesting that you can or should interview me or anything, but I'm just saying...I'm noticeable, if not "outstanding".
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:28:47 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:16:34 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Hello DDO! I"m ESocial, or Annie. Some of you may have known me as ImaDDOrk (now closed.) I am going to be doing interviews with debaters and members I think are outstanding. These interviews with consist of a few serious, weird and funny questions. Some questions will repeat in my other interviews.

On towards, this is my second interview, so please welcome zmikecuber, my alleged
fake cousin.

Z: I found DDO about 2 years ago when I was searching for something about gay marriage. I found one of Contradiction's debates, and thought it was pretty cool. I didn't make an account right away though.

Z: I joined DDO because I had been lurking the site for a long time and finally figured it was about time to make an account and get in on the action!

First friend on DDO?
Z: Oh gosh.. I can't remember! I just remember that airmax was one of the first, as well as SeventhProfessor.

Z: For the girls I'd have to go with ESocialBookworm. She's a good kid and I get along with her really well :) For guys I'd say probably Sswdwm. He's a great guy, and I always enjoy talking/debating philosophy with him because he's pretty intelligent. Speaking of which we're having a debate right now.. *cough cough* :P

Z: I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was actually a challenge for InvisbleDeity but somebody else accepted it.

Z: Oh boy, this is a reallly hard one. Unitedandy and StephenHawking's debate about abortion was a pretty good one.

Z: For a good long while. Not leaving any time soon, although I may be too busy during the summer with work to frequent the site.

Z: Engage in intelligent discussions in the forums, and start some debates! Also, study logic especially if you want to win, lol.

Would you rather eat a whole fish raw (as in just pick it up and eat it) or wear a bra in front of your crush?
Z: Definitely the second, since I could explain it afterwards. And I already do embarrassing and crazy stuff, so yeah... I mean, I don't ever go THAT far, but people already know me as goofy. :)

If you woke up one morning as a girl, what is the first thing you would do when you see other people?
Z: I would ask them if they had ever taken a pee at a urinal while lifting one leg pretending to be a dog.

A: """"" O_o""""".. Okay then"""""" Let"s move along" *looks at you weird and with pride*

Best for last: would you rather be on DDO for an eternity or have a lifetime supply of food?

Z: Ugh! Why do you call this the best when it's totally the WORST. :| I'd hope that I would say DDO (for my lifetime, not eternity) buut... it depends on what food. If someone offered me mountain dew, circus peanut candy, lasagna and sunflower seeds... I'd have a hard time saying no to that!

Thanks for the interview! I always liked reading interviews of other members, and I hope that everyone else feels the same about this interview. Oh, and Happy Easter DDO! Eat lots of jelly beans!

A: No problem. Thanks for doing this. Happy Easter to you as well! Enjoy the jelly beans everyone and stay tuned!

I want to be interviewed me me me.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:29:08 PM
I love jelly beans.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:29:45 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:28:47 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 4/20/2014 2:16:34 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

fake cousin.

First friend on DDO?

I want to be interviewed me me me.

I also.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:31:21 PM
I too, would love to be interviewed.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:33:27 PM
I'm up for an interview too.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:35:02 PM
Did ctrl + F. Searched "Thett". Got no results. Decided thread was tldr
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:36:03 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:35:02 PM, thett3 wrote:

The modesty is strong with this one.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:36:35 PM
My ego demands that you interview me.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:36:51 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:28:21 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Just to confirm, outstanding is defined as "prominent; conspicuous; striking", or "marked by superiority or distinction; excellent; distinguished", or "noticeable". I personally think I'm noticeable for being a bad debater accepting debates I don't even agree on, and when I do agree on something strongly, nobody can defeat me (SEE: School Uniforms Shouldn't be Required). And I also troll in some debates, which is funny, because one of them I actually won (see: "torture is cool").
So, I'm not suggesting that you can or should interview me or anything, but I'm just saying...I'm noticeable, if not "outstanding".

Outstanding is if I think you're cool. Which I think of everyone except Rah *cough* shun *cough* almad *cough* man
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:37:09 PM
Cool! I'm making a list
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:37:10 PM

lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:37:21 PM
Favorite troll is invisibledeity?

I stopped reading there.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:41:10 PM
"Cool" (people): defined as: "great; fine; excellent", "characterized by great facility; highly skilled or clever", "unaffected by emotions; disinterested; dispassionate", "acceptable; satisfactory; okay". Darnit! I'm none of those! Oh well.
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:46:06 PM

Um, try again after she posts the interview she did with me... you'll get results :P
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:46:40 PM
Hmm, this seems oddly similar to another show...

Here's a link: http://www.debate.org...

I think, ultimately, that shows of this nature are wonderful and provide the audience with the opportunity to gain insight into the person behind the username. But I ask kindly that if you are going to continue to host this show you please alter the title. I hope you can view this request as reasonable considering the obvious similarities in the names between DDO Tea Time and Cup o'Tea. I most certainly plan on continuing my show once I finish up my finals' work and really don't want to have two show's that follow the same formula to have such similar titles...

Would you be willing to respect my request?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:48:51 PM

I did the same, but I got results.

And yeah, sign me up.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:52:47 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:46:40 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I think, ultimately, that shows of this nature are wonderful and provide the audience with the opportunity to gain insight into the person behind the username. But I ask kindly that if you are going to continue to host this show you please alter the title. I hope you can view this request as reasonable considering the obvious similarities in the names between DDO Tea Time and Cup o'Tea. I most certainly plan on continuing my show once I finish up my finals' work and really don't want to have two show's that follow the same formula to have such similar titles...

Sorry. Will do! I came up with some names and one of my friends actually gave me that one because we were looking for something that rhymed but no problem. I'll think of something else.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 2:57:31 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:52:47 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 2:46:40 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Sorry. Will do! I came up with some names and one of my friends actually gave me that one because we were looking for something that rhymed but no problem. I'll think of something else.

Thank you :) I truly appreciate that. I wish you nothing but the best with the show and you can count on me as an enthusiastic audience member!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:14:55 PM
At 4/20/2014 3:07:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Go write more fanfiction.

lol
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:15:40 PM

New instalment!^^
Old name: Cup o'Tea with Annie
New name: The DDOrk Diaries
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:16:24 PM
At 4/20/2014 2:48:51 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

I did the same, but I got results.

And yeah, sign me up.

you were already on the list ;P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:19:44 PM

I wrote a fantastic Easter special and no one commented....
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:20:36 PM
At 4/20/2014 3:19:44 PM, thett3 wrote:

Where is it?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:29:39 PM
At 4/20/2014 3:20:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Where is it?

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:30:22 PM

I ctrl+f'd there last night and my name only appeared twice. I'm disappointed in you, thett.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 4:06:48 PM

lol, i do this too......

but when I ctrl F'd thett, this post came up..... :P
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)