Jump to topic:

I am YYW. AMAA.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 8:48:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Per thett3's suggestion, based on a question I asked him in a thread of the same kind where he asked bluesteel the same thing...

Ask me almost anything! (Nothing doxxy, but other than that all else is fair game.)

lol
Tsar of DDO
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 8:57:11 PM
At 4/20/2014 8:48:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Per thett3's suggestion, based on a question I asked him in a thread of the same kind where he asked bluesteel the same thing...

Ask me almost anything! (Nothing doxxy, but other than that all else is fair game.)

lol

What does doxxy mean?

Am I a loser?

Why are you Christian?

Have you ever seen bsh1's face?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 8:59:21 PM
At 4/20/2014 8:57:11 PM, Romanii wrote:

lol

What does doxxy mean?

Personally identifying information.

Am I a loser?

No.

Why are you Christian?

The real reason is probably because I was born into it, but the salient reason is that I chose to stay.

Have you ever seen bsh1's face?

Nope. I'll bet he's adorable, though ;)
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:00:06 PM
If I was gay, would you get with me?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:14:38 PM

lol

What are some things you're really bad at debating but would be willing to anyway?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:17:43 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:14:38 PM, Wylted wrote:

lol

What are some things you're really bad at debating but would be willing to anyway?

Economics. I've read a lot of econ stuff on my own, and I took an introductory economics course as an elective in college -but I'm not even close to an expert. I'd be open to bioethics, too, even though that's also not something I know a whole lot about. But really, I'm flexible.
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:20:36 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:17:43 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

Economics. I've read a lot of econ stuff on my own, and I took an introductory economics course as an elective in college -but I'm not even close to an expert. I'd be open to bioethics, too, even though that's also not something I know a whole lot about. But really, I'm flexible.

I'll keep the flexible thing, just between us. ;)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:22:37 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:20:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/20/2014 9:17:43 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

I'll keep the flexible thing, just between us. ;)

haha, it's cool.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:24:36 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:15:04 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/20/2014 9:00:06 PM, thett3 wrote:

Somehow I get the sense that you'd be a top...
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:31:37 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:24:36 PM, YYW wrote:

Probably, though I did ask an ex to put the tip of her finger in my butt once. So........

Top would be better though. I could call you tons of homophobic slurs while being totally gay. The Irony would be hilarious.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:32:50 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:31:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/20/2014 9:24:36 PM, YYW wrote:

Probably, though I did ask an ex to put the tip of her finger in my butt once. So........

Top would be better though. I could call you tons of homophobic slurs while being totally gay. The Irony would be hilarious.

There are a ton of guys like that, though. Usually leather daddies and heavy BDSMers. (Yes, I've been to fetish night at a gay bar... and it was wild lol)
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:39:36 PM
Have you ever felt a character in literature is extremely similar to you?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:40:48 PM
1) When did you come out or have you always been out? Was that an easy or difficult process for you?

2) What's your debate background? Which style do you currently enjoy most?

3) If you and bsh1 got to set up your perfect date and the producers of The Bachelor would pay for it, where would you go and what would you do?

4) Are you sad imabench is gone? What are your thoughts on him?

5) I don't remember you from the last time on the site. Are you more active now or was I just more inattentive back then?

6) Have you seen the outtake from this clip? Where they say "you know how I know you're gay?" How? "Your d**k tastes like sh*t." lol. If my friend starts this back and forth at a party, I will *always* shout that in reply.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:47:57 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:39:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
Have you ever felt a character in literature is extremely similar to you?

Extremely? Idk. I'd have to put some thought into that, and even then I don't know that I'd be the person best able to describe that. Very similar? Off the top of my head, Ivan in the Brother's Karamazov (though not entirely), or Frobisher in Cloud Atlas. And, on a few levels, both of those comparison's bother me but I think I know myself enough to know that both of their strengths and weaknesses are also, to a similar degree, mine.
Tsar of DDO
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:54:15 PM
1. Are you afraid to die?

2. What do you want on your Tombstone?

3. What's in your wallet?

4. Do you prefer cats or dogs?

5. What's your biggest fear?

6. What's your greatest hope?

7. Do you think backward time travel is possible?

8. If the barber shaves all and only those who do not shave themselves, then who shaves the barber?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:00:13 PM

lol

How do you hem pants?I need like all my pants hemmed I think My legs are ahrinking.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:04:53 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:40:48 PM, bluesteel wrote:
1) When did you come out or have you always been out? Was that an easy or difficult process for you?

I was outed against my will as a freshman, by people I thought were my friends, and it got pretty nasty. Bsh1 is the only person, really on this earth, who knows the full details of it because it was really hard on me. In retrospect, it is what it is but I've never forgiven the people who did it. I never will. All I'll say is that the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice, and they got theirs.

I came out to most people in college. There are still people (some friends and most family) who don't know because it's just easier to let them assume I'm straight. Most people, even when they do find out, are pretty surprised because I'm not a stereotypically gay guy. I'm sort of tall, I'm pretty strong and I've got a deep voice. In gay subculture, ahem, grindr, ahem, we call this "masc." There are some friends who, when they found out I was gay, I lost them as friends. At the time it hurt. Now, zero fvcks given. If someone asked me if I was gay, who was not a family member, I wouldn't lie to them -but then again my family wouldn't ask. They 'know' but they don't 'know', if you know what I'm saying... lol. I laugh because there's really nothing else to do. There is no way that my mother couldn't know, but we have an unspoken agreement that we're not going to talk about it. It's fvcked, but that's that.

2) What's your debate background? Which style do you currently enjoy most?

I did LD, PF and Congress throughout high school. I like arguing policy, but not judging it. Policy debaters and judges these days are like a Forensic cult. I enjoy DDO's format the most, because of the people and the fact that it's typed. Allows for more detail, and precision. If I'm judging, I prefer to judge PF or LD.

3) If you and bsh1 got to set up your perfect date and the producers of The Bachelor would pay for it, where would you go and what would you do?

By both of our standards? Vienna or Paris. We'd go out, have great food, great wine and great sex in a nearby hotel. But really, I think that anything with him would be 'the perfect' date.

What would I prefer? Week long ski retreat in Vermont, with a sauna and hot tub en suite.

4) Are you sad imabench is gone? What are your thoughts on him?

I think he shouldn't have left and I don't think favorably of his reasons for leaving, but that he left was a personal choice and I can respect that. Imabench and I have a lot in common, so on a lot of levels I can sympathize with a lot of what he's said/done/why he does what he does. And I liked him as a user. I thought he brought a lot of value to the site, even if he's a bit rough around the edges. I'd welcome him back with open arms.

5) I don't remember you from the last time on the site. Are you more active now or was I just more inattentive back then?

I am more active now than I've ever been, but when I was doing grad work a while back I wasn't very active. My activity is directly proportional to my amount of free time, although with bsh1 on here... I make time for DDO.

6) Have you seen the outtake from this clip? Where they say "you know how I know you're gay?" How? "Your d**k tastes like sh*t." lol. If my friend starts this back and forth at a party, I will *always* shout that in reply.

lol

I haven't seen it but that's fantastic haha
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:10:39 PM
At 4/20/2014 9:54:15 PM, philochristos wrote:
1. Are you afraid to die?

Not at all, although I'd like to live as long as possible.

2. What do you want on your Tombstone?

"He left the world a better place than he found it."

3. What's in your wallet?

Cash, credit card, debit card, ID, gym membership card, insurance card, CVS card, Costco Membership and key card.

4. Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Dogs.

5. What's your biggest fear?

Wow, that's a tough one. Probably failure/not living up to what other people say is my potential.

6. What's your greatest hope?

I hope that I'll be able to marry someone I truly love, that I'll be able to have a family and that I'll live a long, fulfilling, productive and happy life.

7. Do you think backward time travel is possible?

No idea, but if it was, I'd have a few bets to place.

8. If the barber shaves all and only those who do not shave themselves, then who shaves the barber?

Another barber. Presumably there's more than one?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:11:07 PM
At 4/20/2014 10:00:13 PM, Wylted wrote:

lol

How do you hem pants?I need like all my pants hemmed I think My legs are ahrinking.

https://www.youtube.com...
Tsar of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:35:26 PM
At 4/20/2014 10:04:53 PM, YYW wrote:

I was outed against my will as a freshman, by people I thought were my friends, and it got pretty nasty. Bsh1 is the only person, really on this earth, who knows the full details of it because it was really hard on me. In retrospect, it is what it is but I've never forgiven the people who did it. I never will. All I'll say is that the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice, and they got theirs.

I came out to most people in college. There are still people (some friends and most family) who don't know because it's just easier to let them assume I'm straight. Most people, even when they do find out, are pretty surprised because I'm not a stereotypically gay guy. I'm sort of tall, I'm pretty strong and I've got a deep voice. In gay subculture, ahem, grindr, ahem, we call this "masc." There are some friends who, when they found out I was gay, I lost them as friends. At the time it hurt. Now, zero fvcks given. If someone asked me if I was gay, who was not a family member, I wouldn't lie to them -but then again my family wouldn't ask. They 'know' but they don't 'know', if you know what I'm saying... lol. I laugh because there's really nothing else to do. There is no way that my mother couldn't know, but we have an unspoken agreement that we're not going to talk about it. It's fvcked, but that's that.

That sounds really sh*tty -- glad they got what was coming to them in the karmic sense.

Are you in an area of the country where being gay is now generally seen as socially acceptable? I assume your family isn't?

What is the most annoying thing you put up with on a regular basis regarding other people's attitudes or weird beliefs about gay people? Or just weird questions you get repeatedly asked? :P
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:44:43 PM
At 4/20/2014 10:35:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/20/2014 10:04:53 PM, YYW wrote:

That sounds really sh*tty -- glad they got what was coming to them in the karmic sense.

It was, and I am too. Part of the reason I kept a Facebook for as long as I did was to see what they were doing with their lives, but now that I know, I can sleep soundly knowing that they got their fair share of karma.

Are you in an area of the country where being gay is now generally seen as socially acceptable?

Yes.

I assume your family isn't?

They are, but they're very conservative.

What is the most annoying thing you put up with on a regular basis regarding other people's attitudes or weird beliefs about gay people? Or just weird questions you get repeatedly asked? :P

It bothers me how people treat HIV+ people. I'm negative, for sure, but I had a (gay) uncle die of AIDS. The stigma there is just tragic.

The only question that bothers me is if I'm dating someone and they ask who the "woman" in the relationship is. There are no women in a gay male relationship, lol.
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:55:46 PM
What political figure, excluding those from the modern era, do you like the most?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:00:17 PM
At 4/20/2014 10:55:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What political figure, excluding those from the modern era, do you like the most?

OMG YOU'RE BACK!!! Dude, welcome home! It's so good to see you here again!

Hmmm... John F. Kennedy, just in terms of who I like the most. In terms of who did the most good, where "most good" is my standard for liking someone? That's a toss between FDR and LBJ.
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:36:05 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:00:17 PM, YYW wrote:

Hmmm... John F. Kennedy, just in terms of who I like the most. In terms of who did the most good, where "most good" is my standard for liking someone? That's a toss between FDR and LBJ.

I haven't really been gone. I never stopped reading the forums (especially your posts :)). I just haven't done anything logged in.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:38:29 PM

He's actually been playing mafia with us on Google + for a little while... But I agree, it's nice to see him around the site posting as well...

And just cuz I replied to this post, I tend to agree with those choices as well...
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:43:48 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:38:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

He's actually been playing mafia with us on Google + for a little while... But I agree, it's nice to see him around the site posting as well...

Wow. I didn't realize that had become so popular.

And just cuz I replied to this post, I tend to agree with those choices as well...

haha, not surprising. Even though you're a bit less economically liberal than I am, on balance I don't think we're too far apart.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:48:01 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:43:48 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm not sure it's that popular... It includes 7-10 of the same dozen or so people each time... of which Bossy is included...

haha, not surprising. Even though you're a bit less economically liberal than I am, on balance I don't think we're too far apart.

Even with the divergence of our economic views taken into account, it's hard to argue with the impact of the people you mentioned.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:49:09 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:48:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/20/2014 11:43:48 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm not sure it's that popular... It includes 7-10 of the same dozen or so people each time... of which Bossy is included...

Even with the divergence of our economic views taken into account, it's hard to argue with the impact of the people you mentioned.

Fair enough.

Any AMAA questions?
Tsar of DDO