Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

LIBERALS are Insane

TheConservinator
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:07:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
They think everything is free and raisetaxes all the time and then wonder why our country is so shitty. They cry about capital punishment when i try and speak some sense into the tards by tellin em that it doesnt go far enough.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:08:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Indeed they are, but not as insane as Conservatives.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:09:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:07:41 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
They think everything is free and raisetaxes all the time and then wonder why our country is so shitty. They cry about capital punishment when i try and speak some sense into the tards by tellin em that it doesnt go far enough.

So? Taxes are a neccesary evil I think.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:13:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:07:41 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
They think everything is free and raisetaxes all the time and then wonder why our country is so shitty. They cry about capital punishment when i try and speak some sense into the tards by tellin em that it doesnt go far enough.

Well, considering that you're either a) a troll, or b) an idiot, it doesn't surprise me that no one listens to you.
TheConservinator
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:14:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:09:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/3/2010 7:07:41 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
They think everything is free and raisetaxes all the time and then wonder why our country is so shitty. They cry about capital punishment when i try and speak some sense into the tards by tellin em that it doesnt go far enough.

So? Taxes are a neccesary evil I think.

If the government just minded its own business and rid its self of all its branches and left only the military the country would be a better place and we would have no taxes.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:15:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
As anti-establishment as I am, I definitely support taxes. I know that my tax dollars are needed to build roads and sewer lines. But what I am against is having my tax dollars abused and wasted on killing devices for wars I don't support.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:15:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:14:59 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
If the government just minded its own business and rid its self of all its branches and left only the military the country would be a better place and we would have no taxes.

What will pay for the military then?
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:17:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The socialists are cool because they aren't linked into group think, political correctness, actually question authority and aren't afraid to propose radical ideas. I can work with these people.

I absolutely loathe the "progressives" though.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:18:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:14:59 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
If the government just minded its own business and rid its self of all its branches and left only the military the country would be a better place and we would have no taxes.

hahahahahhaha.. Oh wait, you're serious. Here, let me laugh even louder HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Where would the military get its funding from? The "country" would be in ruins in a matter of years if not months
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:18:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:17:45 PM, Reasoning wrote:
The socialists are cool because they aren't linked into group think, political correctness, actually question authority and aren't afraid to propose radical ideas. I can work with these people.

I absolutely loathe the "progressives" though.

Yet.. you're a progressive. You don't want to continue with the status-quo. That is, by definition, what a progressive is. Unless you have some other meaning for the word?
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:19:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:15:41 PM, Volkov wrote:
What will pay for the military then?

Voluntary donation?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:19:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:17:45 PM, Reasoning wrote:
The socialists are cool because they aren't linked into group think, political correctness, actually question authority and aren't afraid to propose radical ideas. I can work with these people.

I absolutely loathe the "progressives" though.

I'm an economic socialist. Does that count? :P
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:20:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:17:54 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
The Private Industry would by shares of our military.

That is by a very wide margin the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm physically incapable of laughing at it because Im just in shock and awe at how retarded and impractical of an idea that is. Just when I thought I'd heard it all....
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:21:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:18:47 PM, Volkov wrote:
Yet.. you're a progressive. You don't want to continue with the status-quo. That is, by definition, what a progressive is. Unless you have some other meaning for the word?

"In the United States, the term progressivism emerged in the late 19th century into the 20th century in reference to a more general response to the vast changes brought by industrialization: an alternative to both the traditional conservative response to social and economic issues and to the various more radical streams of socialism and anarchism which opposed them." - Wikipedia[1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:22:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:19:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm an economic socialist. Does that count? :P

Absolutely! In fact, I have noticed someone by your name on RevLeft, is that you?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:22:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:19:11 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 2/3/2010 7:15:41 PM, Volkov wrote:
What will pay for the military then?

Voluntary donation?

See how far that gets you... If people don't want to give up their money for health care then why the hell would they throw money at the military?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:23:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:17:54 PM, TheConservinator wrote:
The Private Industry would by shares of our military.

That doesn't make any sense. If private industry bought the military, we would need to continue paying money to these companies on a consistent basis in order to have a military, which would essentially function as taxation. Then you have issues with who controls the military, logistics, etc. Its actually less efficient than a government-controlled military...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:23:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:22:11 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 2/3/2010 7:19:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm an economic socialist. Does that count? :P

Absolutely! In fact, I have noticed someone by your name on RevLeft, is that you?

Yep. I hate that site though. I generally just troll it these days. :P
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:24:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:22:48 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
See how far that gets you... If people don't want to give up their money for health care then why the hell would they throw money at the military?

On the contrary. Keith Olberman organized some free health clinic events that got significant donations.[1]

Of course the military would probably have to cut back a bit, but I consider that a good thing.

[1] http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 7:25:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/3/2010 7:21:11 PM, Reasoning wrote:
"In the United States, the term progressivism emerged in the late 19th century into the 20th century in reference to a more general response to the vast changes brought by industrialization: an alternative to both the traditional conservative response to social and economic issues and to the various more radical streams of socialism and anarchism which opposed them." - Wikipedia[1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...

Fair enough. Next time, say "American progressivism." Otherwise I might get confused with one of these horrid American perversions of political linguistics