Jump to topic:

The DDOrk Diaries 03

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:03:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi everyone. This is Annie and you are currently reading The DDOrk diaries, previously- Cup o'Tea with Annie... enjoy...

When I first saw him, my first thought was whoa, this guy is a cute nerd. *interviewee coughs awkwardly in my head.* He is renowned on DDO and is currently at war with another member, whose interview I will be posting tomorrow because he accepted it after. He talks incredibly fast - so you know who I am talking about now.

Thank you Zaradi for not making me a Stuttering, blubbering mess. (Inside joke.)

A- How did you find DDO and why did you join?

Z- I found DDO doing research for a high school debate tournament. In Texas (where I went to highschool) there were two competitive circuits to do highschool debate: TFA (Texas Forensics Association) and UIL (fvck if I know what that stands for). I did TFA for the most part, but highschools like UIL because it looks better to the administration, so I got shanghai'd into a UIL districts tournament over some weird-a$s topic (I think it was over whether water should be a right or a commodity). I didn't know anything about the topic so I went to Google and I found two people on here who did it maybe a year or two ago. So I made an account and challenged them to debate me over it so I could practice. Neither of them accepted, because both of them went inactive, but I ended up sticking around anyway because I enjoyed the thought of a place I could practice-run certain ideas to get a general idea of how they would hold up in tournament play.

Came for the debate. Stayed for the community.

A- Aww.
Favourite part of DDO?
Z- My favorite part of DDO is easily the people. Lets be honest here: the forums section has died down a lot, the debate section really sucks right now, and don't even get me started other opinions and polls sections (they need to be nuked into oblivion). The only reason I'm still here is because there are people that if I weren't on here I would have no way to keep in touch with, and there are plenty of people that I don't want to lose contact with.

A- Aww. *swoons*
First friend on DDO?
Z- You strain my memory really hard... I couldn't tell you if I wanted to because I can't remember #sosad

A- Favorite member on DDO?
Z- Obviously Jifpop /endsarcasm. But nah. I don't play favorites.

A- XP
How did you feel about your first debate?
Z- My first debate (http://www.debate.org......) was a perfect image of me just having fun and not taking arguments in the usual way people think about. I quite enjoyed arguing that chocolate led to suicide :P

A- WHAT?! THAT WAS YOUR TOPIC?! nac
Did you win or lose?
Z- I ended up winning the debate, even though there was only one vote on it. Probably because he FF'd a round but *shrug*

A- *scoffs* of course...
Z- There are a lot of debates that I really loved having, both series and troll, but I'll only point out a few here. To start with, the debate here (http://www.debate.org......) between thett and Freedo was absolutely godlike for obvious reasons. And for funzies this one (http://www.debate.org......) was enjoyable just because I got to troll thett a bit ;) he was using a debate to compile all of his sources for a debate he was doing, but he left it as an open challenge for a liiiiiittle too long... huehuehue.

A- Most memorable thing anyone has ever said to you?
Z- There's been a lot of things that have been said in my general direction that I couldn't recall a specific instance if I wanted to.

A- sighs.. Not you too...How long I'm gonna be on DDO?
Z- That's a good question...

A- How often do you work on your debates?
Z- I don't work on debates as often anymore because I don't do competitive debate anymore, but usually whenever I'm doing a debate I'll spend a decent amount of time working on it.

A- Have you ever been in a debate outside DDO?
Z-I have, more than I really care to count. Three years of doing highschool debate will do that to you >.>

A- Favourite troll?
Z- My favorite troll? RIP imabench, #neverforget

A- *wipes tear*
If you could delete one person's account, whose would it be? (dear Lord, please don't be Jif *prays for WWZ to not start because of this forum*
Z- Haha nah I wouldn't delete his account. As much as I hate the kid for being everything bad about the site, I feel like if he wanted to he could actually be a semi-decent member to the site. He just has to be less of a dumba$$. Honestly, if I were going to delete someone's account, I'd delete Zaradi's. Dude's a major a$$hole.

A- If you could change your username, what would it be?
Z- HAH I actually have an answer for this one: Nefelibata, which means "A cloud walker; One who lives in the cloud of their own imagination or dreams, or one who does not abide by the precepts of society, literature, or art; An unconventional, unorthodox person." There's your new vocab word for the day.

A- Interesting.
Reccomendations for new users?
Z- I guess one, don't be shy. As socially awkward and weird as you think you are, there's at least 5 other people on the site just like you looking for someone to talk to. Just start talking to people, make debates, call some of us veteren members out (because we can use a little rattling every now and then to keep us awake). Just get out there and go ham.

Two, don't be afraid to be proven wrong. One of the earliest debates I did was a religious debate against Microsuck (who I don't think is on the site anymore), and I got 100% demolished. It wasn't even close, and I think I ended up conceding because I knew I was just getting absolutely wrecked. But it doesn't matter if you lose, so long as you put up a good showing. Even great debaters lose sometimes.

Three, try to be respectful to other people. Sure I'm not the greatest example of this because I'm a bit of an a$shole to people, but if you're nice to others on here, generally they'll be nice to you too. It just works well that way.

A- *nods*
How often do you play video games?
Z- I play video games way too much. Easily the vast majority of my day is spent playing video games. Easily.

A- What will you do of you lose to Jif?
Z- If I lose to Jif, I'll dye my hair bright neon pink and change my name to Susan (just kidding).

A- Hahaha.
How awesome do you think you are on a scale from one to ten.
Z- Negative 3000. I'm an absolute a$shole.

A- I beg to disagree. *conscience slaps me before I can start flirting.*
Would you rather get a piercing or tattoo?
Z- Tattoo.

A- Same. Would you rather pretend to be a girl for a whole day on DDO or do a lame troll debate?
Z- I'd much rather pretend to be a girl. That'd be so entertaining to troll them newer people.

There you have it folks! Hurray for another interview with the awesome, cut-
A's Conscience- shut up before you get us in trouble.
A- *grumbles. Fine...

Most memorable thing Zaradi has ever said to me,
"Welcome to DDO, where everyone gets the chance to be awkward together."
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:06:09 PM
z man! <3

I'll do one of these sometime if you'd like
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:07:22 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:06:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
z man! <3

Me too!
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:11:07 PM
None of the links work.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:11:55 PM
Hot damn I remember the chocolate suicide debate.....
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:12:19 PM
Could someone repost the links? I'd love to read some of those debates.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:12:28 PM
z man! <3

I have a list. You're already on. I'll PM you when I'm ready. :)
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:13:05 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:07:22 PM, YYW wrote:
z man! <3

Me too!

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:14:02 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:12:19 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I'll hunt them down again.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:15:34 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:13:05 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/20/2014 11:07:22 PM, YYW wrote:
z man! <3

Me too!

*waits in anticipation*
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:15:54 PM
http://www.debate.org...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:16:29 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:14:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Already posted
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:19:55 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:16:53 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/20/2014 11:15:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

And she beat me to it.

P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:20:40 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:16:53 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/20/2014 11:15:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

And she beat me to it.

Correction... :p
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:21:26 PM
At 4/20/2014 11:14:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:

I just read your chocolate debate lol
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 12:41:44 AM
At 4/20/2014 11:03:40 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Hi everyone. This is Annie and you are currently reading The DDOrk diaries, previously- Cup o'Tea with Annie... enjoy...

When I first saw him, my first thought was whoa, this guy is a cute nerd. *interviewee coughs awkwardly in my head.* He is renowned on DDO and is currently at war with another member, whose interview I will be posting tomorrow because he accepted it after. He talks incredibly fast - so you know who I am talking about now.

Thank you Zaradi for not making me a Stuttering, blubbering mess. (Inside joke.)

Z- I found DDO doing research for a high school debate tournament. In Texas (where I went to highschool) there were two competitive circuits to do highschool debate: TFA (Texas Forensics Association) and UIL (fvck if I know what that stands for). I did TFA for the most part, but highschools like UIL because it looks better to the administration, so I got shanghai'd into a UIL districts tournament over some weird-a$s topic (I think it was over whether water should be a right or a commodity). I didn't know anything about the topic so I went to Google and I found two people on here who did it maybe a year or two ago. So I made an account and challenged them to debate me over it so I could practice. Neither of them accepted, because both of them went inactive, but I ended up sticking around anyway because I enjoyed the thought of a place I could practice-run certain ideas to get a general idea of how they would hold up in tournament play.

A- Aww.
Favourite part of DDO?
Z- My favorite part of DDO is easily the people. Lets be honest here: the forums section has died down a lot, the debate section really sucks right now, and don't even get me started other opinions and polls sections (they need to be nuked into oblivion). The only reason I'm still here is because there are people that if I weren't on here I would have no way to keep in touch with, and there are plenty of people that I don't want to lose contact with.

A- Aww. *swoons*
First friend on DDO?
Z- You strain my memory really hard... I couldn't tell you if I wanted to because I can't remember #sosad

A- XP
Z- My first debate (http://www.debate.org......) was a perfect image of me just having fun and not taking arguments in the usual way people think about. I quite enjoyed arguing that chocolate led to suicide :P

Did you win or lose?
Z- I ended up winning the debate, even though there was only one vote on it. Probably because he FF'd a round but *shrug*

A- *scoffs* of course...
Z- There are a lot of debates that I really loved having, both series and troll, but I'll only point out a few here. To start with, the debate here (http://www.debate.org......) between thett and Freedo was absolutely godlike for obvious reasons. And for funzies this one (http://www.debate.org......) was enjoyable just because I got to troll thett a bit ;) he was using a debate to compile all of his sources for a debate he was doing, but he left it as an open challenge for a liiiiiittle too long... huehuehue.

Z- There's been a lot of things that have been said in my general direction that I couldn't recall a specific instance if I wanted to.

Z- I don't work on debates as often anymore because I don't do competitive debate anymore, but usually whenever I'm doing a debate I'll spend a decent amount of time working on it.

Z-I have, more than I really care to count. Three years of doing highschool debate will do that to you >.>

A- Favourite troll?

A- *wipes tear*
If you could delete one person's account, whose would it be? (dear Lord, please don't be Jif *prays for WWZ to not start because of this forum*
Z- Haha nah I wouldn't delete his account. As much as I hate the kid for being everything bad about the site, I feel like if he wanted to he could actually be a semi-decent member to the site. He just has to be less of a dumba$$. Honestly, if I were going to delete someone's account, I'd delete Zaradi's. Dude's a major a$$hole.

Z- HAH I actually have an answer for this one: Nefelibata, which means "A cloud walker; One who lives in the cloud of their own imagination or dreams, or one who does not abide by the precepts of society, literature, or art; An unconventional, unorthodox person." There's your new vocab word for the day.

A- Interesting.
Z- I guess one, don't be shy. As socially awkward and weird as you think you are, there's at least 5 other people on the site just like you looking for someone to talk to. Just start talking to people, make debates, call some of us veteren members out (because we can use a little rattling every now and then to keep us awake). Just get out there and go ham.

Two, don't be afraid to be proven wrong. One of the earliest debates I did was a religious debate against Microsuck (who I don't think is on the site anymore), and I got 100% demolished. It wasn't even close, and I think I ended up conceding because I knew I was just getting absolutely wrecked. But it doesn't matter if you lose, so long as you put up a good showing. Even great debaters lose sometimes.

Three, try to be respectful to other people. Sure I'm not the greatest example of this because I'm a bit of an a$shole to people, but if you're nice to others on here, generally they'll be nice to you too. It just works well that way.

A- *nods*
Z- I play video games way too much. Easily the vast majority of my day is spent playing video games. Easily.

Z- If I lose to Jif, I'll dye my hair bright neon pink and change my name to Susan (just kidding).

A- Hahaha.

Z- Tattoo.

A- Same. Would you rather pretend to be a girl for a whole day on DDO or do a lame troll debate?
Z- I'd much rather pretend to be a girl. That'd be so entertaining to troll them newer people.

A- *grumbles. Fine...

Bump
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 12:42:09 AM
At 4/20/2014 11:03:40 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

A- Aww.
Favourite part of DDO?

A- Aww. *swoons*
First friend on DDO?

A- XP

Did you win or lose?

A- *scoffs* of course...

A- Favourite troll?

A- *wipes tear*

A- Interesting.

A- *nods*

A- Hahaha.

Z- Tattoo.

A- *grumbles. Fine...

Bump :) ;)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:21:22 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:38:51 AM, Romanii wrote:
Hahaha this is awesome!

Thanks <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY