Jump to topic:

DDO Gym Leaders/Elite 4/ Pokemon

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:11:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just a thought, but what if we had a group of 8 people. That were to be chosen individually, and by beating these group of 8 people you could work your way up to one of Roberts Gauntlet Towers where some of the best debaters are.

So in the context of the current tower it would work like this

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

At any time a Badge Holder can be challenged, and can chose if he takes the contender. If this is a serious contender he should say. When the contender can provide proof that he has beat all 8 gym leaders, he can apply for a tower run. If he looses at the tower, he must wait 3 months before attempting to climb the tower again

I am sure I can talk Tuf into possibly helping with this, so if someone where to actually beat all the leaders and the elite 4 they would get some prize or something.

thoughts?

I think it would be a fun way to add a Pokemon element and get some good debates going. It also stops me from getting spammed with constant challenges that I have no desire to take, and would help me filter could opponents.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:13:19 AM
At 4/21/2014 1:11:26 AM, Mikal wrote:
Just a thought, but what if we had a group of 8 people. That were to be chosen individually, and by beating this group of 8 people you could work your way up to one of Roberts Gauntlet Towers where some of the best debaters are.

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

At any time a Badge Holder can be challenged, and can chose if he takes the contender. If this is a serious contender the gym leader should always accept. When the contender can provide proof that he has beat all 8 gym leaders, he can apply for a tower run. If he looses at the tower, he must wait 3 months before attempting to climb the tower again

I am sure I can talk Tuf into possibly helping with this, so if someone where to actually beat all the leaders and the elite 4 they would get some prize or something.

thoughts?

I think it would be a fun way to add a Pokemon element and get some good debates going. It also stops me from getting spammed with constant challenges that I have no desire to take, and would help me filter good opponents.

*fixed on my phone
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:20:25 AM
At 4/21/2014 1:13:19 AM, Mikal wrote:
Just a thought, but what if we had a group of 8 people. That were to be chosen individually, and by beating this group of 8 people you could work your way up to one of Roberts Gauntlet Towers where some of the best debaters are.

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

At any time a Badge Holder can be challenged, and can chose if he takes the contender. If this is a serious contender the gym leader should always accept. When the contender can provide proof that he has beat all 8 gym leaders, he can apply for a tower run. If he looses at the tower, he must wait 3 months before attempting to climb the tower again

thoughts?

I think it would be a fun way to add a Pokemon element and get some good debates going. It also stops me from getting spammed with constant challenges that I have no desire to take, and would help me filter good opponents.

*fixed on my phone

This is a really cool idea. It would be great for the badge holders to be quality debaters of a specific topic or subject. Like one badge holder might specialize in economics, one in philosophy, one in politics, etc...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:21:16 AM
At 4/21/2014 1:20:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

thoughts?

*fixed on my phone

This is a really cool idea. It would be great for the badge holders to be quality debaters of a specific topic or subject. Like one badge holder might specialize in economics, one in philosophy, one in politics, etc...

actually my exact thoughts verbatim. I was going to label the badges as topics lol
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:39:57 AM
At 4/21/2014 1:21:16 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 4/21/2014 1:20:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

thoughts?

*fixed on my phone

actually my exact thoughts verbatim. I was going to label the badges as topics lol

Haha, yea that would be perfect.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 2:09:51 AM
If this is happening, I would like to be the first to take on the badge holders. Other than my pride, dignity, sanity, self-worth and self-respect, what have I got to lose?
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 2:19:24 AM
Just a thought, but what if we had a group of 8 people. That were to be chosen individually, and by beating these group of 8 people you could work your way up to one of Roberts Gauntlet Towers where some of the best debaters are.

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

At any time a Badge Holder can be challenged, and can chose if he takes the contender. If this is a serious contender he should say. When the contender can provide proof that he has beat all 8 gym leaders, he can apply for a tower run. If he looses at the tower, he must wait 3 months before attempting to climb the tower again

thoughts?

I think it would be a fun way to add a Pokemon element and get some good debates going. It also stops me from getting spammed with constant challenges that I have no desire to take, and would help me filter could opponents.

Lol, you could even have different types of debaters like religious one's, economic, etc.

Are the badge holders supposed to go from easy to hard, or all as hard as possible?
Dude... Stop...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 2:19:53 AM
Is Roy the secret fifth battle you have to do after beating the Elite 4 (Pokemon Champion)?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 2:43:41 AM

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

At any time a Badge Holder can be challenged, and can chose if he takes the contender. If this is a serious contender he should say. When the contender can provide proof that he has beat all 8 gym leaders, he can apply for a tower run. If he looses at the tower, he must wait 3 months before attempting to climb the tower again:
I see a little of the game "catherine".......

thoughts?

"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 2:50:20 AM
At 4/21/2014 2:19:53 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Is Roy the secret fifth battle you have to do after beating the Elite 4 (Pokemon Champion)?

not at all lol, you are lance sir
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 2:52:08 AM
some people I would like to add as badge holders

Subtai - economics/physics
Sargon - religion/physics
? - Trolling

Add some if you can think of any or if you want to sign up
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 3:07:58 AM
At 4/21/2014 2:52:08 AM, Mikal wrote:
some people I would like to add as badge holders

Subtai - economics/physics
Sargon - religion/physics
? - Trolling

Add some if you can think of any or if you want to sign up

philochristos/zmikecuber for philosophy. That annoying kid, KingDebater is a good troll. monty seems good for politics as well.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:57:45 AM
I'd wish to sign up under political debates/ space debate gym leader
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:38:55 AM
Ill start a sign up here

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

I do possess the right to veto. Please sign up for one specific category. I need 8

I would prefer economics, religion, philosophy, and social aspects to be apart of the 8

let the games begin

only requirement is 2.5 min elo for the first badge. I would prefer most badge holders be over or near at least 3k with some ranging in the 4-5k mark. You know if you are a good debater. Sign up plox <3
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:10:57 AM
At 4/21/2014 5:38:55 AM, Mikal wrote:

I would prefer economics, religion, philosophy, and social aspects to be apart of the 8

What does "social aspects" entail?
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:20:29 AM
Does this system sound overly idiotic, or should I go home because Drunk?

With respect to the 4 'predetermined' 'elite four', I think that anyone who wants to be one of the badge holders must defeat any one of the Elite Four to be granted status of Badgeholder. So perhaps after the first 8, anybody who actually beats the old champion becomes the new champion, while if you get beaten by an Elite Four, you can be eligible to be shuffled into the badge holders? (Would it be too cruel to have a tourney between the 'waiting list' to make the best first choice for next badge holder?)
With regards to shuffling in, I was thinking that in a Badge Holder defeats all of the other badge holders, he can challenge an elite four for his place, while if an elite four defeats all other elite four, he can challenge the Champion for his spot? Or maybe badge holders/elite four hold their position for a period of time (say 3 months) while the Champion holds his position until defeated?
If this wall of text is too confusing, I'll make a chart later. If the idea is that bad I won't even bother with the chart.
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:21:28 AM

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

thoughts?

I think this is brilliant. Only it is close to impossible for one to defeat all badge holders and elite four, especially when the elite four are so strong.

How about this? One must defeat all the badge holders. But after debating the Elite Four, if the Elite Four deem him or her worthy enough of a debater, they can get the prize, regardless of whether or not he or she defeated all four of the elite.

Also, if you wish to expand upon this further. Every gym has henchmen who you must battle first before you can battle the badge holder. Suppose a badge holder can choose one or two henchmen that one must defeat before debating the badge holder?
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:28:34 AM
At 4/21/2014 5:38:55 AM, Mikal wrote:
Ill start a sign up here

(1) Defro - I can do debates on Biology, like on Evolution (I usually take con). I can also do Social Aspects
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

I do possess the right to veto. Please sign up for one specific category. I need 8

let the games begin

only requirement is 2.5 min elo for the first badge. I would prefer most badge holders be over or near at least 3k with some ranging in the 4-5k mark. You know if you are a good debater. Sign up plox <3
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:38:35 AM
At 4/21/2014 6:20:29 AM, TS-387 wrote:

With respect to the 4 'predetermined' 'elite four', I think that anyone who wants to be one of the badge holders must defeat any one of the Elite Four to be granted status of Badgeholder. So perhaps after the first 8, anybody who actually beats the old champion becomes the new champion, while if you get beaten by an Elite Four, you can be eligible to be shuffled into the badge holders? (Would it be too cruel to have a tourney between the 'waiting list' to make the best first choice for next badge holder?)
With regards to shuffling in, I was thinking that in a Badge Holder defeats all of the other badge holders, he can challenge an elite four for his place, while if an elite four defeats all other elite four, he can challenge the Champion for his spot? Or maybe badge holders/elite four hold their position for a period of time (say 3 months) while the Champion holds his position until defeated?
If this wall of text is too confusing, I'll make a chart later. If the idea is that bad I won't even bother with the chart.

This is my proposal, in simplified form:
http://www.debate.org...
To elaborate, I think challengers should only be eligible to challenge at 2500 ELO, then eligible to challenge the Elite Four at 5000 (Would you get 2500 ELO from winning 8 debates?) Also, i think voting should be limited to the Elite Four, Badge Holders and Champion.
Comments?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:49:38 AM
At 4/21/2014 6:38:35 AM, TS-387 wrote:

To elaborate, I think challengers should only be eligible to challenge at 2500 ELO, then eligible to challenge the Elite Four at 5000 (Would you get 2500 ELO from winning 8 debates?) Also, i think voting should be limited to the Elite Four, Badge Holders and Champion.
Comments?

How about nah?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:52:48 AM
I like this plan though. I'll still be proceeding on with the Gauntlet tournament in the meantime, but if the guards are willing to be perma-elite four, this is sick.

I'd love to be an gym leader. Impromptu random topic live debate for a twist.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:53:02 AM
At 4/21/2014 6:49:38 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Comments?

How about nah?

Yeah i thought so.
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:55:34 AM
At 4/21/2014 6:53:02 AM, TS-387 wrote:

Comments?

How about nah?

Yeah i thought so.

I just realized how abrasive what I just said sounded. It's only because there is literally no need for some weird elo requirement to challenge the elite four, because elo means nothing other than you've done a few debates. If you can beat the gym leaders, you probably stand a decent chance against the elite four, regardless of what your elo is.

TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:59:27 AM
At 4/21/2014 6:55:34 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:53:02 AM, TS-387 wrote:

Comments?

How about nah?

Yeah i thought so.

I just realized how abrasive what I just said sounded. It's only because there is literally no need for some weird elo requirement to challenge the elite four, because elo means nothing other than you've done a few debates. If you can beat the gym leaders, you probably stand a decent chance against the elite four, regardless of what your elo is.

If there's no elo requirement, does it sound better?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:16:30 AM
(1) Defro - I can do debates on Biology, like on Evolution (I usually take con). I can also do Social Aspects
(2) Lannan13, Can do Political, Historical, and Space topic debates.
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:29:56 AM
I'd love to be a badge holder - I could probably do the social aspects one (particularly sports, music, and video games).
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:50:27 AM
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8) whiteflame - energy policy, foreign policy, social issues (politics), health, biology, history
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:18:20 AM
(3) Actionsspeak- I'm open to scientific (more liberal-minded scientific view), and miscellaneous.
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8) whiteflame - energy policy, foreign policy, social issues (politics), health, biology, history.
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 10:19:46 AM

Elite Four (Tower)

(1) Bluesteel
(2) Mikal
(3) Raisor
(4) CP

Badge Holders

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

thoughts?

Perhaps a ELO cap would be favorable to avoid a badge holder that eliminates the vast majority of competition, how about 3,250?