Jump to topic:

My Final Goodbye

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:08:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I decided to take a long break from this site. Long could be in standards from anywhere to two weeks to two years, but none the less, I want to get away from here. I have been taking an interest in economic analysis and foreign affair sites, and they would much better suit my speed.

I use to have a lot of friends on this site, but most of them left or are so inactive its becoming impossible to keep up with them. None the less, my ratio of supporters to enemies has reached an all time high.

I didn't really make this thread to hear all the bashing and cheers that will come with me leaving, but to ask for one final request. It wouldn't feel right leaving this site, without finally debating Mikal. I've been asking him for a long time, and hes always denied. Hopefully he can do me this one last honor.

http://www.debate.org...

Also, I would like to apologize to GCL. My personal prejudice was no excuse for attacking you. You didn't intend to insult my culture, and I kind of knew that in the back of my mind. Anyways, if you want to start some sort of one day exodus in response to me leaving, then feel free.

Jifpop09 One Day Exodus

Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:15:09 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:13:26 AM, Smithereens wrote:
lol, a one day Exodus? Nah ty. But see you later never-the-less.

Thanks. I doubted anyone would take on a full exodus. We should accompany this with an epic ballad....
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:16:49 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:15:09 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Thanks. I doubted anyone would take on a full exodus. We should accompany this with an epic ballad....

Or maybe this?
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:18:25 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:16:49 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

Or maybe this?

lol, doesn't beat Kim Jung Un's peoples march
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:21:01 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:18:25 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:16:49 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

Or maybe this?

lol, doesn't beat Kim Jung Un's peoples march

Workers of DDo, unite!
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:21:48 AM
Rules 2 and 4 for the debate challenge are exactly the sort of ridiculous rules that Bluesteel was talking about.

{2} Arguments made where the flat tax is not 10% are not allowed.

{4} Arguments made for success in places outside of the US or its territories are sunk cost and irrelevant.

Also,

"In the case that an argument is made final round, and the opponent doesn't have a chance to refute it, it should still be counted."

Are you trying to make a mockery of the debate?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:26:05 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:22:37 AM, Romanii wrote:
Ummm so you're not going to finish up that Safavid debate?

I'm finishing all my debates. I just wont be active elsewhere. I'm leaving on Friday.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:26:50 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:26:05 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:22:37 AM, Romanii wrote:
Ummm so you're not going to finish up that Safavid debate?

I'm finishing all my debates. I just wont be active elsewhere. I'm leaving on Friday.

Oh, okay.

This is really saddening :(
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:29:10 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:21:48 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Rules 2 and 4 for the debate challenge are exactly the sort of ridiculous rules that Bluesteel was talking about.

No, its just really slanted to debate the 10% flat tax, then someone brings upo an argument for a 15%. Its keeping it on topic.

{4} Arguments made for success in places outside of the US or its territories are sunk cost and irrelevant.

We should only evaluate data within our own country. Other nations ARE irrelevant in an economics debates. Analysis should be done with data and present information. It would be a slanted topic on both sides.

Also,

"In the case that an argument is made final round, and the opponent doesn't have a chance to refute it, it should still be counted."

Its in advantage to Mikal anyways. He can make an argument final round and it can be accepted.

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:32:13 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:29:10 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

No, its just really slanted to debate the 10% flat tax, then someone brings upo an argument for a 15%. Its keeping it on topic.

If someone is to negate the resolution that you have set up, there is absolutely no reason that they should have to argue for a flat tax at all.

We should only evaluate data within our own country. Other nations ARE irrelevant in an economics debates. Analysis should be done with data and present information. It would be a slanted topic on both sides.

So make the argument in round instead of putting stupid restrictions in over what people can argue.

Also,

Its in advantage to Mikal anyways. He can make an argument final round and it can be accepted.

That doesn't matter. The whole point is that it completely messes with the fairness. I don't care whether Mikal has an advantage there or not.

Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:34:05 AM
It's like watching a five year old play hide and seek with parents and tell the parents where they can hide.

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:34:36 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:08:26 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I decided to take a long break from this site. Long could be in standards from anywhere to two weeks to two years, but none the less, I want to get away from here. I have been taking an interest in economic analysis and foreign affair sites, and they would much better suit my speed.

I use to have a lot of friends on this site, but most of them left or are so inactive its becoming impossible to keep up with them. None the less, my ratio of supporters to enemies has reached an all time high.

I didn't really make this thread to hear all the bashing and cheers that will come with me leaving, but to ask for one final request. It wouldn't feel right leaving this site, without finally debating Mikal. I've been asking him for a long time, and hes always denied. Hopefully he can do me this one last honor.

Also, I would like to apologize to GCL. My personal prejudice was no excuse for attacking you. You didn't intend to insult my culture, and I kind of knew that in the back of my mind. Anyways, if you want to start some sort of one day exodus in response to me leaving, then feel free.

Jifpop09 One Day Exodus

oy, its been fun butting you around.....I am sorry for being such a jerk to you, I know I am a little harsh at times. I hope you have fun out there on the internet.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:36:03 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:32:13 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:29:10 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

If someone is to negate the resolution that you have set up, there is absolutely no reason that they should have to argue for a flat tax at all.
If mikal wants to argue for a 15%, then I will change it, but its doubtable. It makes no sense to allow travelling in statistics. It will confuse the $hit out of an economics debate.

So make the argument in round instead of putting stupid restrictions in over what people can argue.

Its the only argument restriction I established. Using sunk cost in a economics debate makes no sense. Its like saying "Communism worked for China so it can the US". These arguments are not to be taken seriously, and I'm saving everyone time.

Also,

That doesn't matter. The whole point is that it completely messes with the fairness. I don't care whether Mikal has an advantage there or not.

I can also make arguments in R4 though. I'm fine giving Mikal the advantage, as long as its in the parameters.

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:39:37 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:34:36 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Jifpop09 One Day Exodus

oy, its been fun butting you around.....I am sorry for being such a jerk to you, I know I am a little harsh at times. I hope you have fun out there on the internet.

NP. To bad my exodus movement was a fail though.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:41:08 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:38:58 AM, Intrepid wrote:
Seeya

Yep. You were perhaps the most realist on my circumstances.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:41:38 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:39:37 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:34:36 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Jifpop09 One Day Exodus

1.linkish

NP. To bad my exodus movement was a fail though.

well always remember I am here to correct your mistakes :p jk
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:41:45 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:41:08 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:38:58 AM, Intrepid wrote:
Seeya

Yep. You were perhaps the most realist on my circumstances.

I try to keep it real.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:42:20 AM
I have little expectations for beating Mikal. In fact, I'm pretty sure he will win. It will be easier to leave if I go down in a blaze of glory though.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:42:20 AM
I have little expectations for beating Mikal. In fact, I'm pretty sure he will win. It will be easier to leave if I go down in a blaze of glory though.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:43:14 AM
Sweetie, I am not mad. All the while I was trying to understand what it was you were saying. I hope your decision to leave isnt because of all that? If so, I'm sorry. I was ready to deactivate my account permanatley last night (it was actually close to 4am) because if there's one thing I don't like it's drama. That's why I left FB an twitter. I really don't wanna see you leave or anything. And I hope that you do return. Thank you for being completely honest and telling me. If I really did anything to offend you, I'm sorry too Jif. I wish you well and the best in life my dear! Blessings!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:47:23 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:43:14 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Sweetie, I am not mad. All the while I was trying to understand what it was you were saying. I hope your decision to leave isnt because of all that? If so, I'm sorry. I was ready to deactivate my account permanatley last night (it was actually close to 4am) because if there's one thing I don't like it's drama. That's why I left FB an twitter. I really don't wanna see you leave or anything. And I hope that you do return. Thank you for being completely honest and telling me. If I really did anything to offend you, I'm sorry too Jif. I wish you well and the best in life my dear! Blessings!

Were cool GCL. I have a tendency to keep fights going, and I would of been devastated if you closed your account over this. The GCL conflict was just the final thing in a long compression of member anxiety towards me. Hayk's Powers to you!
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:55:41 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:47:23 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Were cool GCL. I have a tendency to keep fights going, and I would of been devastated if you closed your account over this. The GCL conflict was just the final thing in a long compression of member anxiety towards me. Hayk's Powers to you!

But you don't have to leave though ... This could be a lesson we all can learn from... This was usually why I would stay away from confrontational situations, but I couldn't because I honestly wasn't understanding. The more I asked questions the more confused I became. What A LOT of people don't know about me (although I displayed this to everyone in my thread) is that I suffer from disorders which ultimately effects my mind and usually resorts in a lot of easily confusion situations. But as I said, I wasn't mad just needed clarity. I really wish you didn't have to leave though. But I understand that maybe you doing this could be that you want to make some changes or need to experience new thing or somethings. Just know when you return (if you return that is?) an if I remember I'll be sure to bring you a warm welcome with a smile! :)
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:56:47 AM
At 4/21/2014 7:55:41 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:47:23 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

But you don't have to leave though ... This could be a lesson we all can learn from... This was usually why I would stay away from confrontational situations, but I couldn't because I honestly wasn't understanding. The more I asked questions the more confused I became. What A LOT of people don't know about me (although I displayed this to everyone in my thread) is that I suffer from disorders which ultimately effects my mind and usually resorts in a lot of easily confusion situations. But as I said, I wasn't mad just needed clarity. I really wish you didn't have to leave though. But I understand that maybe you doing this could be that you want to make some changes or need to experience new thing or somethings. Just know when you return (if you return that is?) an if I remember I'll be sure to bring you a warm welcome with a smile! :)

Thanks GCL, but I wont be leaving until friday
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:57:46 AM
Alright then, good, that'll give me time to convince you to stay then ;P
"Good Times" ~ Max
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:05:38 AM

lol, you don't have any enemies, but there are some things that you do that I think some people don't like... like suggesting one day exoduses in response to your leaving. Just be cool, be willing to learn (implicitly, don't act like you know what you're talking about when you don't) and don't alienate people with 'revolutionary' stuff. I just kind of LOL at all that, but others take it as a challenge to "put you in your place" or something. Whatever... lol
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:07:31 AM
At 4/21/2014 8:05:38 AM, YYW wrote:

lol, you don't have any enemies, but there are some things that you do that I think some people don't like... like suggesting one day exoduses in response to your leaving. Just be cool, be willing to learn (implicitly, don't act like you know what you're talking about when you don't) and don't alienate people with 'revolutionary' stuff. I just kind of LOL at all that, but others take it as a challenge to "put you in your place" or something. Whatever... lol

hey hey hey, you tried to put me in my place....but I am as free as a bird *flaps away*