Screw Your AMA's .. DDO Olympics and Byes

TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:31:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So .. I guess this is it.

I won gold in the politics division of the DDOlympics. I had one heck of an opponent and I thank him for a thought provoking challenge.

Due to the new terms of service, and because my debate is now over, it's time.
Time for me to say goodbyes, and time for me to end my account until further notice.

I just wanted to say thank you to some of the members who made me a better debater, thinker, and just an all around better dude.

Those members:

Roy -- seriously, don't always agree, but your help and wisdom went a long ways. Showed me I really don't know everything yet, and helped me improve my arguments substantially, not only that but your were an epic foe, and helped me fix my approach to problems (don't rush in, think it out, and really tackle a small problem to complete the bigger picture)

Mikal -- I get lots of messages on here from accounts asking me for help, most of them I ignore, but your account was just different. And when I looked at your content, you were always an ace in the making, I just needed to polish off a couple bad edges. Next thing you know, Roy falls. Thanks for teaching me that even as a teacher (though I can hardly even say that because you really just needed one or two little pointers) that I'm still a student. I hope you pass on some of those points to other accounts when they ask you as well. And keep on keepin' on.

Imabench -- shame he left, but I would thank him for teh LULZ, and having each-others backs for a while.

YYW -- when I was being an @$$ you corrected me. Thank you, also your just an epic guy anyways. So .. really .. :)

TUF -- admittedly I was wrong about your being President. You're awesome and I hope you continue to work hard for the improvement of the site.

Thett -- showed me that what I thought about those who didn't always agree with me was wrong, you made me more open minded, and showed me how to be a better debater. Plus, your analysis actually helped me on my writing later on as well. Thank you

And if I didn't mention you, I apologize. Thanks DDO, but your new TOS kinda suck, and I won't stand for it.

When threats include warning someone of the consequences, there is a problem here. When someone espousing a disgusting view is tolerated, to the point of diminishing the overall quality of the site, we have a problem here. All of this is in the new TOS, and I'm disappointed that no one is really actually fighting them.

I come from a family with a "never back down" attitude, and grew up in low income housing my entire life. I know what it's like to live in those situations, and wonder "doesn't it get any better than this?" and turned out it does. I know what it's like to get into fights on the street and have the whole neighborhood after you because you fought someone you probably shouldn't have. I found this debate site after I needed to channel my aggression and rage and passion into something more constructive, otherwise I probably would have ended up in jail. I was always told I was smart ... whatever that means, and should focus on school. So this site was where my scrappy background and intellect met, it was nice. I eventually studied politics because of this site at University, and the written/verbal combat that ensued stimulated my mind and appealed to my aggression. This is part of the reason why I cannot accept the new terms. If you claim the holocaust never happened. You kinda do deserve to be made fun of, regardless of who you are. That's not to suppress your speech, but rather show respect socially to those who died. That scrapper in me never really died (I think I have the warrior gene) and I don't think I will ever kill him, no matter how hard I try. And I'm scared I will say or do something ridiculous that will ruin my reputation. When your deleted, it's like you never existed. Period. I can't let that happen otherwise DDO won. I have to fight, it's just the way I'm hardwired.

Admittedly, some parts of me are finding that I'm fatigued by the constant combat in my life. It's about time that I settle down for a bit, and that the three elements (school, politics, and debate) really got me there. Which is why I haven't been doing so many debates lately, school has been enough for me. I think I shall focus there. Besides, they also have a debate club ;)

Thank you DDO for opening me up to so many new and different ideas. However, I'm out until further notice.

As such, I shall follow in Ima's shoes. Let the new DDO exodus of 2014 begin.
Thank you for voting!
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:51:45 AM
Gah! Somebody's cutting onions again!
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 12:41:17 PM
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:41:51 PM
You're leaving......

That sucks, but bye man.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:34:01 PM
I'll be sorry to see you go, but leaving isn't going to change anything other than how you spend your time. And if that's what you want, I can respect that -but I think you want more than that.
Tsar of DDO