Jump to topic:

Josh B AMAA

Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 12:48:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Am I popular enough to start a thread like this?

Or are my views controversial enough for this thread to have any value?

I can talk about being married for 10 years,

I can talk about having 5 kids

I can talk about being in the military and tell war stories.

I can tell you why I want to be a dirt tester-edit "soil analyst" my wife keeps telling me to use the proper term.

I can tell you about my promiscuity and party life and being an alcoholic.

I can tell you about being a Christian,
(HMM, not really sure why those two things were linked together, but I can tell you about that too)

I can tell you about what it was like to be abused as a child(I think I talk publicly(semi-publicly- this is DDO) about it without being offended, as long as you aren't offensive about it)
I have other hobbies such as reading books, watching movies, going to the zoo, listening to music, ...flying kites.

Or you can ask me about other randomness, as long as it's Town Motivated.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 1:23:29 PM
At 4/21/2014 1:05:03 PM, XLAV wrote:
Do you still play mafia?

Yes. I love the roller coaster feeling of the game. I took calling Zaradi town in Tropes mafia, a little hard. So I skipped sign ups for House of Night Mafia currently going on.
I'm still waiting on Alien v Predator v Terminator to start or be nixed.
I'm really looking forward to Tyler's game, especially because I heard that BSH is going to co-mod.
And I've been talking to 9spaceking about future MLP mafia. I even have a couple of themes in mind to mod my own game, but I'm worried about the role set up being fair.
In the mean time, I also started playing on Mafiascum.net
Scrutiny Welcome

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 3:46:59 PM
1. Are you just Joshing me?

2. Since Jesus said his true disciples will be known for the love they have for each other, o you think it's consistent for Christians to join the militaries of opposing countries and fight against each other?

3. Do you like being married?

4. Do pine trees cause the soil to be acidic?

5. What do you test soil for?

6. Do your kids get along with each other?

7. Do you ever worry that your kids will grow up and never visit you or not take care of you when you're old?

8. Do you make your own kites?

9. How do you feel about archery? Have you ever hunted with a bow?

10. Do you think Paul Simon was a better song writer than Bob Dylan?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:00:42 PM
At 4/21/2014 3:46:59 PM, philochristos wrote:
1. Are you just Joshing me?
LOL. I'm always Joshing, It's really awkward when I'm in the toy section at Wal-mart and I hear a lady say "Josh, put that down." It's usually a relief when I see that it isn't my wife and a little kid comes running past me to her.

2. Since Jesus said his true disciples will be known for the love they have for each other, o you think it's consistent for Christians to join the militaries of opposing countries and fight against each other?

There isn't anything in the Bible that says you shouldn't fight for what you believe in. But in the story of Balaam, an angel stood in the path of balaam who was on his way to make a sacrifice to God for favor in battle. God had already spoke to Balaam and told him not to go, but because of his disobedience, Balaam was killed. (gross paraphrase). That being the case, God protects his people and destroys the ones that are disobedient, and reveals the truth to those that follow him. So... being a christian is more about individual servant hood than artificial associations such as being from a certain country.

3. Do you like being married?
Yes, Being married is wonderful, except the times when it's not. Steel Sharpens Steel.

Mostly Petroleum, Oils, and Lubricants.

6. Do your kids get along with each other?
Surprisingly yes (mostly). My wife and I give are good problem/solution solving role models.

7. Do you ever worry that your kids will grow up and never visit you or not take care of you when you're old?
I hope I don't live that long.

8. Do you make your own kites?
I have a few times. They were all paper kites, but they were pretty heavy and didn't fly very well.

9. How do you feel about archery? Have you ever hunted with a bow?
I love archery and I occasionally watch your videos. I'm not a hunter though.

10. Do you think Paul Simon was a better song writer than Bob Dylan?
I would say yes for style, but I have to say no for content.
Scrutiny Welcome

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:04:19 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:00:42 PM, Josh_b wrote:

You skipped #4!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:00:06 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:04:19 PM, philochristos wrote:

You skipped #4!

Pine trees thrive in soil that is more acidic than alkaline. Broad leaf trees protect the ground from rain and sunlight. The pine trees don't protect the ground as well. The sun and rain are what cause the soil to be acidic, not the pine trees themselves.
Scrutiny Welcome

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:00:51 PM
At 4/21/2014 8:00:06 PM, Josh_b wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:04:19 PM, philochristos wrote:

You skipped #4!

Pine trees thrive in soil that is more acidic than alkaline. Broad leaf trees protect the ground from rain and sunlight. The pine trees don't protect the ground as well. The sun and rain are what cause the soil to be acidic, not the pine trees themselves.

Interesting. Thanks.