Total Posts:110|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I am Donald.Keller AMAA

donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:24:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Because all the cool kids were doing it, and I like being asked questions lol.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:37:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. Are you as good of a debater as everybody says you are?

2. Have you ever considered debating me?

3. Who would you most like to debate?

4. Who on this site would intimidate you the most if you had to debate them?

5. Tell me something peculiar that you really believe strongly. By "peculiar" I mean a belief that is out of the ordinary for most people.

6. How do you feel about brownies al la mode?

7. Would you rather have pie or cake?

8. Would you rather have pizza or pasta?

9. Why does anything at all exist?

10. Is it possible for consciousness to be an illusion?

11. What do you think of Sargon?

12. Have you ever cheated on a wife, husband, girlfriend, or boyfriend?

13. How do you feel about archery?

14. Which do you think is scarier--skydiving or bungee jumping?

15. What is best in life?

16. How do you want to die?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:48:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:37:17 PM, philochristos wrote:
1. Are you as good of a debater as everybody says you are?

I'd like to think I am. I wouldn't have any way of confirming that though.

2. Have you ever considered debating me?

Can't say I have.

3. Who would you most like to debate?

RoyLatham, although I'd likely lose lol.

4. Who on this site would intimidate you the most if you had to debate them?

RoyLatham or Bluesteel.

5. Tell me something peculiar that you really believe strongly. By "peculiar" I mean a belief that is out of the ordinary for most people.

I believe Bush was a good President and I do believe the US being in the Middle East isn't for oil.

6. How do you feel about brownies al la mode?

If you're talking about Hershey's brownies, than they look good. Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

7. Would you rather have pie or cake?

Pie

8. Would you rather have pizza or pasta?

Pizza

9. Why does anything at all exist?

Because God likes making things.

10. Is it possible for consciousness to be an illusion?

Yes. Do I believe it is? No.

11. What do you think of Sargon?

Haven't seen him enough.

12. Have you ever cheated on a wife, husband, girlfriend, or boyfriend?

Nopes.

13. How do you feel about archery?

I like it,

14. Which do you think is scarier--skydiving or bungee jumping?

Bungee jumping. At least with sky diving, I draw my parachute long before I see the leafs of the tree.

15. What is best in life?

Charity and logic.

16. How do you want to die?

In my sleep.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:49:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:24:00 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Because all the cool kids were doing it, and I like being asked questions lol.

Okay, how did you get a GPA of 1.4 in high school when you're so smart!?
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:52:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:49:37 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/21/2014 4:24:00 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Because all the cool kids were doing it, and I like being asked questions lol.

Okay, how did you get a GPA of 1.4 in high school when you're so smart!?

Undying and unconditional laziness. The schools pushed me into high school despite all my bad grades because the High School wanted my ACT scores. Now I'm doing people's advanced college homework for them in return for moneys and a new laptop, (but shhhhh! Don't tell GCL that.)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:52:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have many times daily do you spank the monkey

Have you ever kissed a guy

is porn healthy for you

hottest girl/guy and ddo

You have to chose between having butt sex or getting stabbed in the eye. Pick one

Favorite debater on DDO

Your top 5 favorite people on here

your top 3 least favorite people on here

Age you first did stuff with a girl

Do you shave your genitalia?

Would you hit on YYW if you were gay

What do you think of Jesus

How do you know Jesus exists
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:02:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:48:24 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 4:37:17 PM, philochristos wrote:

6. How do you feel about brownies al la mode?

If you're talking about Hershey's brownies, than they look good. Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm talking about putting a brownie and a scoop of ice cream together on the same dish.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:18:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:48:24 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 4:37:17 PM, philochristos wrote:

3. Who would you most like to debate?

RoyLatham, although I'd likely lose lol.

What would you want to debate him on?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:38:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you prefer clean shaven or facial hair?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:00:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:52:48 PM, Mikal wrote:
Have many times daily do you spank the monkey

I don't. Sorry.

Have you ever kissed a guy

Nope. Sorry again.

is porn healthy for you

Nopers.

hottest girl/guy and ddo

Hottest girl? QueenVictoria. Hottest guy? Idk. Haven't seen many of their pictures.

You have to chose between having butt sex or getting stabbed in the eye. Pick one

I'm not sure I can. O.O But technically, those are the same things if your mind is dirty enough.

Favorite debater on DDO

Tie between RoyLatham and Contradiction.

Your top 5 favorite people on here

Not in order
1- Tylergraham
2- Krushia
3- RoyLatham
4- Freedo
5- Ragnar (first friend.)

your top 3 least favorite people on here

That depends on the moment.

Age you first did stuff with a girl

I don't date people, and I never have. Stuff like that takes up too much of my time.

Do you shave your genitalia?

I don't go letting a clown's afro grow, but no.

Would you hit on YYW if you were gay

No. He's not my type.

What do you think of Jesus

I'm Christian, so that should answer it.

How do you know Jesus exists

How do you know if King Arthur was a person? You can't entirely prove it, but you still believe it (if you believe in King Arthur.) Seeing as believing in him doesn't cause me to burst into flames, there isn't any reason for me not to.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:02:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 5:18:34 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/21/2014 4:48:24 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 4:37:17 PM, philochristos wrote:

3. Who would you most like to debate?

RoyLatham, although I'd likely lose lol.

What would you want to debate him on?

Abortion. We agree on everything else we care about. Or perhaps which Anime is the best one.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:02:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 5:38:40 PM, n7 wrote:
Do you prefer clean shaven or facial hair?

Depends on the person. If you're talking about me, I prefer clean shaven.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:04:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 5:55:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Why the hell have you and everyone else been no responding in the HOC PM?

Someone died, and the HOC wasn't more important to me then they were. I'm free now, but I'm probably not active enough to work on it.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:06:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 4:52:48 PM, Mikal wrote:

How do you know Jesus exists

Also similar to Black holes. Not everyone believes in them, but many do. Why believe in them when the only evidence for them is an imagination and other theories that might not even support the claim? Because it doesn't hurt you to.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:20:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:04:12 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 5:55:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Why the hell have you and everyone else been no responding in the HOC PM?

Someone died, and the HOC wasn't more important to me then they were. I'm free now, but I'm probably not active enough to work on it.

(
Had no idea. Alright.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:24:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:06:05 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 4:52:48 PM, Mikal wrote:

How do you know Jesus exists

Also similar to Black holes. Not everyone believes in them, but many do. Why believe in them when the only evidence for them is an imagination and other theories that might not even support the claim? Because it doesn't hurt you to.

Well, unless the Jewish religion was right all along. Then, you'd be screwed, for following a false idol.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:41:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Where does the name Keller originate from (related to Hellen Keller?)?

Where inside the United States do you live?

Do you believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus or a spiritual/abstract resurrection?

Will you be a contributor to my thread when I start a Never Ending Star Wars Story?

What shoe size are you?

Mustache or no whiskers?

What is your favorite animal?

Do you have a pet? If so, what is it?

Besides writing, what are your other hobbies?
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:06:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:41:36 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Where does the name Keller originate from (related to Hellen Keller?)?

I'm not related to her. It's German/Polish.

Where inside the United States do you live?

De Soto, Mo.

Do you believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus or a spiritual/abstract resurrection?

Physical.

Will you be a contributor to my thread when I start a Never Ending Star Wars Story?

Likely.

What shoe size are you?

9

Mustache or no whiskers?

No facial hair.

What is your favorite animal?

Fox

Do you have a pet? If so, what is it?

2 dogs and 1 cat.

Besides writing, what are your other hobbies?

Drawing. Not much else lol.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:16:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:06:45 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:41:36 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Where does the name Keller originate from (related to Hellen Keller?)?

I'm not related to her. It's German/Polish.

Where inside the United States do you live?

De Soto, Mo.

Do you believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus or a spiritual/abstract resurrection?

Physical.

Will you be a contributor to my thread when I start a Never Ending Star Wars Story?

Likely.

What shoe size are you?

9

Mustache or no whiskers?

No facial hair.

What is your favorite animal?

Fox

Do you have a pet? If so, what is it?

2 dogs and 1 cat.

Besides writing, what are your other hobbies?

Drawing. Not much else lol.

Okay. Just to advise you I wont be starting the Never Ending Star Wars Story Thread until later next month. I have something I'm legally entitled to do next month (which I can't miss), but I want start the thread until after that.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:18:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Correction

want = wont

The Never Ending Star Wars Story Thread will focus on events after Episode VI (Return of the Jedi), to prepare for the Episode VII to be released later next year!
Aravengeance
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:35:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. What is your favorite movie? Favorite song?

2. If you watch Code Geass and Attack on Titan, Lelouch or Levi?

3. What is your favorite anime?

4. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:51:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:35:45 PM, Aravengeance wrote:
1. What is your favorite movie? Favorite song?

Movie: Dragonheart.
Song: Idk.

2. If you watch Code Geass and Attack on Titan, Lelouch or Levi?

I don't watch them.

3. What is your favorite anime?

Naruto/One Piece.

4. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

An African swallow or European swallow?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:01:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1) Do you believe in a literal reading of the Bible? Young Earth? Evolution = false?

2) If I engage in debauchery my whole life, what is the latest time at which I can still accept Jesus and be allowed into heaven? (i.e. is one second before I die good enough?)

3) If pretty much any time before death is good enough, why is "after death" not good enough? Is it the fact that one can be "certain" after death that Jesus is God? So does that mean that religion places a large premium on believing things with no evidence of them?

4) If the devil's trickery is responsible for people refusing to accept Jesus, then why is it their fault as moral agents? If someone tricks you into giving them your credit card info, are you at fault? Should we abolish fraud in our legal system because fraud is based on the idea that we cannot be held accountable for our decisions when they were fraudulently induced through trickery?

5) If it's not the devil who made up fossils and redshifted light (which would lead someone to believe that the Bible is bogus), then it must have been God doing it to "test our faith"? How can a God who tries to trick us so we burn in hell for eternity be considered omnibenevolent?

6) What is your stance on gay people and gay marriage?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:03:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
7) What do you consider the best anime?

8) If someone looks at naked pictures of Misty from Pokemon (who is supposedly under-age based on what the show says), should that be treated the same as watching child pornography made with real children? Why/why not?

9) How did you come up with your username? :P

10) What question that hasn't been asked do you wish someone had asked you?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:48:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 8:01:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
1) Do you believe in a literal reading of the Bible? Young Earth? Evolution = false?

I believe the Bible has a blend of both. I'm Young Earth (because I'm not going to spontaneously blow up for believing it, And I'm not going to get wealthy by not believing it) And I don't believe in Evolution.

2) If I engage in debauchery my whole life, what is the latest time at which I can still accept Jesus and be allowed into heaven? (i.e. is one second before I die good enough?)

It's not about the time, it's about truly meaning it. You could do it right at death, and if you truly did mean it, and aren't just hoping on a get out of jail free card, than yes, you'd go to heaven. It's never about when you do it, just that you truly mean it when you do it.

3) If pretty much any time before death is good enough, why is "after death" not good enough? Is it the fact that one can be "certain" after death that Jesus is God? So does that mean that religion places a large premium on believing things with no evidence of them?

I don't know if you can because I've luckily never been there, or there would be some minor issues. I would assume not likely though. You might be able to, but I would assume it'd be like this. If you looked ugly (but wasn't really), and there where 5 girls. 3 loved you the way you are, and two didn't. Suddenly, you reveal how pretty you are, and the other two suddenly liked you. Would they truly accept you? Would you believe they truly accept you for you? But at the same time, one of them may actually accept you for real, and feel truly sorry. But it's still a question of if either deserve to be on your friends list. It's a "Your only sorry you got caught" thing. As for evidence, let's return to the issue: Your ugly still, and 3 girls like you. If one of the girl thought they had evidence that you were secretly pretty, and suddenly accepted you, would you believe they like you for you?

4) If the devil's trickery is responsible for people refusing to accept Jesus, then why is it their fault as moral agents? If someone tricks you into giving them your credit card info, are you at fault? Should we abolish fraud in our legal system because fraud is based on the idea that we cannot be held accountable for our decisions when they were fraudulently induced through trickery?

Most Christian scholars don't believe in Satan. Also, if Satan exists, it's not an excuse. That's like saying "The person I thought was my friend told me to do it, so I'm safe, it was all his fault." In reality, you'd both be in trouble.

5) If it's not the devil who made up fossils and redshifted light (which would lead someone to believe that the Bible is bogus), then it must have been God doing it to "test our faith"? How can a God who tries to trick us so we burn in hell for eternity be considered omnibenevolent?

I don't believe the devil, if he exists, did any of that... And I don't believe God tests our faith in a way an honest believer can't handle. Or maybe he only tests our faith when it's to make us stronger as believers, and only demons test our faith beyond what we can handle. In the Bible, God never tested someone's faith enough to actually make them not believe anymore. I would assume either of those options. And consider an employer... Sometimes an employer will test his employees. Sure this will get some employees fired, but it's because they were bad employees to begin with. It doesn't make him a bad employer. If we assume the two options I gave were right, God's tests wouldn't send anyone to hell... Those people were already bad believers to begin with. It just weeded out people who claim to be Christian because they are destructive to the Church.

As for fossil records and such. I believe God put them there the same way it put anything here... Pre-done because the world would be really boring if we had to wait for it to form. A Game Designer does not design Tamriel as a ball of dirt, and wait 5 billion years for the player to spawn, but he does make it look like the world been there that long, not to trick the player, but to make him love the world more. Or perhaps he did let the world form slowly, and then made humans.

6) What is your stance on gay people and gay marriage?

I'm against Gay Marriage and I believe homosexuality is a sin. As for gay people themselves, they can make great friends and they can make terrible friends, like anyone else.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:53:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 8:03:40 PM, bluesteel wrote:
7) What do you consider the best anime?

Naruto/One Piece.

8) If someone looks at naked pictures of Misty from Pokemon (who is supposedly under-age based on what the show says), should that be treated the same as watching child pornography made with real children? Why/why not?

Technically, the law makes staring at naked drawings of underage woman illegal. But since Misty is an abstract creation of one's imagination, like any character, a drawing of her doesn't have an age since that'd be abstract too, so long as the image isn't canon.

9) How did you come up with your username? :P

Facebook sign up.

10) What question that hasn't been asked do you wish someone had asked you?

More about my debate record lol, and more about my personal life.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:20:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 8:48:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2014 8:01:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
1) Do you believe in a literal reading of the Bible? Young Earth? Evolution = false?

I believe the Bible has a blend of both. I'm Young Earth (because I'm not going to spontaneously blow up for believing it, And I'm not going to get wealthy by not believing it) And I don't believe in Evolution.

2) If I engage in debauchery my whole life, what is the latest time at which I can still accept Jesus and be allowed into heaven? (i.e. is one second before I die good enough?)

It's not about the time, it's about truly meaning it. You could do it right at death, and if you truly did mean it, and aren't just hoping on a get out of jail free card, than yes, you'd go to heaven. It's never about when you do it, just that you truly mean it when you do it.

What does "truly mean it" even mean? Does that mean having 0% doubts about Jesus's existence as God? 1% doubts? 2% doubts? I don't know many people who claim to have 0% doubt, do you?

As a particular matter, I don't think that I could ever "truly accept" Jesus as my Lord and savior because I would always have residual doubts. Am I beyond saving in your opinion?


3) If pretty much any time before death is good enough, why is "after death" not good enough? Is it the fact that one can be "certain" after death that Jesus is God? So does that mean that religion places a large premium on believing things with no evidence of them?

I don't know if you can because I've luckily never been there, or there would be some minor issues. I would assume not likely though. You might be able to, but I would assume it'd be like this. If you looked ugly (but wasn't really), and there where 5 girls. 3 loved you the way you are, and two didn't. Suddenly, you reveal how pretty you are, and the other two suddenly liked you. Would they truly accept you? Would you believe they truly accept you for you? But at the same time, one of them may actually accept you for real, and feel truly sorry. But it's still a question of if either deserve to be on your friends list. It's a "Your only sorry you got caught" thing. As for evidence, let's return to the issue: Your ugly still, and 3 girls like you. If one of the girl thought they had evidence that you were secretly pretty, and suddenly accepted you, would you believe they like you for you?

So God is a Disney movie? This sounds like the plot of Aladdin -- guy falls in love with girl when he thinks she's just a street urchin.

The analogy doesn't make sense. "Existence" is a logically different feature than any other feature a being can have or not have. Having or not having "existence" is not the same as having or not having "good looks." You're correct that you can never "trust" someone who only started liking you for your looks, but it's not true that you can never trust someone who only started liking you when they were certain of your *existence.*

Plus, God is omniscient. He can tell whether you have honestly accepted him after you see proof of him in the afterlife. It's not like a bounded human consciousness, which can only infer someone else's mental state from behavior, so we are *forced* to judge people by their actions because we cannot divine intentions or thoughts directly from their minds. God is not supposed to be the same as us.

How do you respond?

5) If it's not the devil who made up fossils and redshifted light (which would lead someone to believe that the Bible is bogus), then it must have been God doing it to "test our faith"? How can a God who tries to trick us so we burn in hell for eternity be considered omnibenevolent?

I don't believe the devil, if he exists, did any of that... And I don't believe God tests our faith in a way an honest believer can't handle. Or maybe he only tests our faith when it's to make us stronger as believers, and only demons test our faith beyond what we can handle. In the Bible, God never tested someone's faith enough to actually make them not believe anymore.

So basically anyone who does not start as an "honest believer" is screwed because God doesn't care to provide enough evidence for these people to convert? Or does this omniscient God really understand human nature so little that he thinks Jews and Muslims will just convert to Christianity based on ancient books that contain demonstrably false information and were written hundreds of years after the supposed "historical" events they recount.

I don't really get your point. Many Christians *do* become atheists because of the overwhelming evidence of an Old Earth (carbon dating, redshifting, ice layers, etc). It's honestly a pretty d*mn hard test, if you ask me, if someone's faith to ask them to reject science in order to believe in God. God also asked a "true believer" to murder his son (in order to test his faith). If a voice in your head asked you to murder your son, would you do it? How would you know it was God and not schizophrenia? Would you get a psych-eval before murdering your child at least?


As for fossil records and such. I believe God put them there the same way it put anything here... Pre-done because the world would be really boring if we had to wait for it to form. A Game Designer does not design Tamriel as a ball of dirt, and wait 5 billion years for the player to spawn, but he does make it look like the world been there that long, not to trick the player, but to make him love the world more. Or perhaps he did let the world form slowly, and then made humans.

So God is like a game designer -- he made a fake history (dinosaurs) and made fake confirmations of an Old Earth (redshifting). That's all well and good if this was a video game and we played it for fun, but according to Christian Doctrine, we aren't playing for fun, we're playing for eternal damnation versus eternal salvation. How can an omnibenevolent God deliberately try to trick humanity? Because that's precisely what video game developers are doing with a fake backstory -- trying to trick your mind so you are further immersed into the game world. How is the God you are describing not a complete *sshole? If I told a game developer that I bought into all the parts of his world and was impressed that it was so internally consistent, he would thank me. If I tell God that his backstory is to internally consistent and convincing that I believed him because he made it look like the Earth was Old, which disconfirmed the Bible, he would reward me with a quick trip to Hell, rather than being flatterd that I was so immersed in the game world. He doesn't sound like a game developer to me... Response?


6) What is your stance on gay people and gay marriage?

I'm against Gay Marriage and I believe homosexuality is a sin. As for gay people themselves, they can make great friends and they can make terrible friends, like anyone else.

If you believe everything that Old Testament says in terms of societal rules and sin, do you intend to stone your children when they are disobedient?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)