Jump to topic:

I'm a Christian AMA

peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:02:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I saw people asking GCL some theological questions and I figured I would present my answer to whatever questions you might have. Feel free to ask other questions if you like.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:12:53 PM
1. Why to bad things happen to good people?

2. Why do good things happen to bad people?

3. What do you make of Jesus' analogy of a fathers who, if their son asked for bread, would never give them a stone. Do you think God answers prayers in the same way Jesus claimed he would?

4. Why doesn't God simply make his presence known? Why is it that people feel the need to debate the existence of God, but they don't feel the need to debate the existence of the President?

5. Do you believe in predestination?

6. Do you believe that God controls everything or that everything happens for a reason, or that God has a purpose in everything? Including the bad things?

7. Do you believe in original sin?

8. Do you believe that our sins are imputed to Christ on the cross?

9. Do you believe that Adam's sins are imputed to us?

10. Do you believe that imputation is just? In other words, do you think it's ever okay to punish one person for the crimes of another?

11. Do you believe that Adam and Eve were real people, that no human ever sinned or died before them, and that we all came from Adam and Eve?

12. How old is the earth?

13. What is grace?

14. Why did God create the world?

15. Why does God demand that we worship him?

16. Do you think people can be morally responsible for what they cannot help?

17. Do you think homosexual desires are sinful?

18. Do you think people can help having homosexual desires?

19. Does God love those he sends to hell?

20. Why believe Jesus is the messiah since he never sat on the throne of David, never ushered in the kingdom, never reunited Judah and Israel, never rebuilt the Temple, and never established peace and prosperity for Israel?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:20:44 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:20:06 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Christians don't exist. What the hell is this?

What the hell am I???
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:22:22 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:20:44 PM, philochristos wrote:

What the hell am I???

Who said that?
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:22:45 PM
Am I the messiah?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:22:57 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:22:22 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 5:20:44 PM, philochristos wrote:

What the hell am I???

Who said that?

Who said what?

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:23:57 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:22:45 PM, n7 wrote:
Am I the messiah?

No, you're Brian.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:24:31 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:23:57 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/21/2014 5:22:45 PM, n7 wrote:
Am I the messiah?

No, you're Brian.

So I'm just a very naughty boy?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:32:56 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:25:48 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
If Christians exist, that means Goblins and Intelligent women also exist.

Well, have you ever seen a nonexistent goblin? So they might exist.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:35:09 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:32:56 PM, n7 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 5:25:48 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
If Christians exist, that means Goblins and Intelligent women also exist.

Well, have you ever seen a nonexistent goblin? So they might exist.

n7 makes a good point.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:36:06 PM
I love how there's only two serious posts in this thread.

peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 5:55:29 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:12:53 PM, philochristos wrote:
1. Why to bad things happen to good people?

Satan can cause harm to those who are "good" and those who are "bad".

2. Why do good things happen to bad people?

Worldly success is not equivalent to success in the eyes of God.

3. What do you make of Jesus' analogy of a fathers who, if their son asked for bread, would never give them a stone. Do you think God answers prayers in the same way Jesus claimed he would?

In that analogy Jesus is talking about receiving the Holy Spirit: "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

4. Why doesn't God simply make his presence known? Why is it that people feel the need to debate the existence of God, but they don't feel the need to debate the existence of the President?

"But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Matthew 12:39-40

To have faith is to have humility; requiring a sign from God in order to believe is not faith but special knowledge, along the same lines as gnosticism, which was an early heresy.

People feel the need to debate the existence of God because they have separated the notion of the universe and life from the notion of God, and therefore have eliminated a reality that is central to justifying the existence of some creative deity (or entity, if you prefer). People don't debate the existence of the president because they accept that there is an objective reality and accept that there is enough evidence to universally justify his existence.

5. Do you believe in predestination?

God has foreknowledge of everything but predestines us only to be shown His grace. It is our option to accept His grace or throw it away.

6. Do you believe that God controls everything or that everything happens for a reason, or that God has a purpose in everything? Including the bad things?

There is a spiritual war going on, and when satan wins a battle, bad things happen. God knows, however, that He will defeat satan and has told us that He will do so in Revelation.

7. Do you believe in original sin?

Yes

8. Do you believe that our sins are imputed to Christ on the cross?

Imputation is the other way around. Christ's righteousness is imputed (as well as imparted) onto us during repentance/penance.

9. Do you believe that Adam's sins are imputed to us?

I believe that we are sinful from birth, yes.

10. Do you believe that imputation is just? In other words, do you think it's ever okay to punish one person for the crimes of another?

That is not the model of the atonement I adhere to. We are not saved by Christ's suffering alone, but also and perhaps moreso by His death and Resurrection. In rising again, Christ defeated death, which allows us to receive eternal life.

11. Do you believe that Adam and Eve were real people, that no human ever sinned or died before them, and that we all came from Adam and Eve?

Not sure, but if it is metaphorical then I believe it is a fully true metaphor.

12. How old is the earth?

Billions of years old

13. What is grace?

The Holy Spirit

I don't believe that the answer to this question has been revealed to mankind.

15. Why does God demand that we worship him?

Because God is equivalent to goodness and if we are not worshiping Him we are worshiping evil, and evil is bad.

16. Do you think people can be morally responsible for what they cannot help?

Ultimately it's up to God to make those calls. Each case is unique.

17. Do you think homosexual desires are sinful?

No

18. Do you think people can help having homosexual desires?

People can stop or slow heterosexual or homosexual desires, it just requires spiritual discipline.

19. Does God love those he sends to hell?

God loves everyone, even those who reject Him. Hell is separation from God and is chosen voluntarily.

20. Why believe Jesus is the messiah since he never sat on the throne of David, never ushered in the kingdom, never reunited Judah and Israel, never rebuilt the Temple, and never established peace and prosperity for Israel?

Most of these can be responded to with eschatological interpretations. Some people say the throne of David is in Heaven. Some say that Christ will usher in the Kingdom upon His return. Some say Christ ushered in the Kingdom by the Holy Spirit and that Christians can be a part of it now. Some say that Christ did rebuild the temple because He was the temple and rose again in three days. The others I haven't looked into enough but there are a variety of answers.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:02:14 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:55:29 PM, peacenow wrote:

Woah! Jonathan Edwards just rolled over in his grave.

http://web.archive.org...

peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:07:59 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:02:14 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/21/2014 5:55:29 PM, peacenow wrote:

Woah! Jonathan Edwards just rolled over in his grave.

http://web.archive.org...

Haha well I don't think I've ever read anything by Jonathan Edwards
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:22:11 PM
At 4/21/2014 5:02:10 PM, peacenow wrote:
I saw people asking GCL some theological questions and I figured I would present my answer to whatever questions you might have. Feel free to ask other questions if you like.

Let's jump straight into this.

1. If Adam and Eve really happened, how can you explain the talking snake? (Snakes don't have vocal cords.)

2. How can you disprove the mountain of evidence we have for evolution?

3. Is there any evidence of God?

4. How do you know Creationism is right?

5. How do you know Jesus ever existed?

6. How can you explain the 63,000 contradictions in the Bible?

7. How did God come to be?

8. If your prayers are never answered, why do you EVER pray?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:33:18 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:22:11 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

1. If Adam and Eve really happened, how can you explain the talking snake? (Snakes don't have vocal cords.)

I'm not a literalist, but Satan could have manifested himself as a snake or spoken from inside the snake.

Why do I have to? Theistic evolutionism is the position of the majority of Christians, because it is the official position of the Catholic Church, which makes up a majority of Christians.

Yes, where would you like me to begin? The fact that this universe exists is a start.

Generally speaking it isn't.

Most historians, secular and religious, accept the historicity of the person named Jesus.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

The repeated use of allegory, the contrast between the Old and New Testaments, and inaccurate interpretation are three general explanations, but without any specific examples it is tough to answer your question.

He is eternal, which is a concept that humans naturally have great difficulty understanding and is one of His mysterious qualities.

They are answered frequently.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:37:47 PM
21. Is there anything you want to ask me?

http://www.debate.org...

22. Do you think Jesus will return in your life time?

23. How much time would have to go by before you could agree that Jesus did not return soon like the Bible said he would?

24. What do you think about Mormons?

25. What do you think about Jehovah's Witnesses?

26. What do you think about pastafarians?

27. Do you believe that only Christians will be saved?

28. What happens to people who have never heard of Christianity?

29. Do you think it's a good enough excuse not to believe if a person hasn't been given any good reasons to believe?

30. Do you think it's fair that people are punished forever?

31. Do you think any sin at all is sufficient to justify eternity in hell. Like suppose, hypothetically, that after a person committed their first sin, they died. And let's suppose their first sin was to lie to their parents. And let's suppose that person didn't believe in Jesus. Would they go to hell for eternity?

peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:55:06 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:37:47 PM, philochristos wrote:
21. Is there anything you want to ask me?

http://www.debate.org...

Can't think of anything at the moment

22. Do you think Jesus will return in your life time?

No idea

23. How much time would have to go by before you could agree that Jesus did not return soon like the Bible said he would?

There are a number of quotes that refer to this and my answers vary depending on the quote so I am going to ask you to pick one.

24. What do you think about Mormons?

A cult

25. What do you think about Jehovah's Witnesses?

A cult

26. What do you think about pastafarians?

lol

27. Do you believe that only Christians will be saved?

Not necessarily

28. What happens to people who have never heard of Christianity?

We cannot be sure, only God can answer that.

29. Do you think it's a good enough excuse not to believe if a person hasn't been given any good reasons to believe?

If the Gospel hasn't been adequately explained and presented with good reasons then that's pretty much equivalent to not hearing it at all.

30. Do you think it's fair that people are punished forever?

It's more like they choose to separate themselves from God forever, but no it doesn't exactly seem "fair" to me but I'm not one to tell God what is right and wrong.

31. Do you think any sin at all is sufficient to justify eternity in hell. Like suppose, hypothetically, that after a person committed their first sin, they died. And let's suppose their first sin was to lie to their parents. And let's suppose that person didn't believe in Jesus. Would they go to hell for eternity?

God knows and God judges fairly. I don't know and can't make His judgments for Him. There are innumerable hypotheticals you could present me for evaluation on whether or not the person is going to heaven or hell, but it's not my job to make that call nor am I really capable of making that call.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:02:40 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:55:06 PM, peacenow wrote:

1 Peter 4:7 "The end of all things is near"

James 5:8 "The coming of the Lord is near."

1 John 2:18 "Children, it is the last hour."

Revelation 22:20 "He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming quickly.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:08:05 PM
At 4/21/2014 7:02:40 PM, philochristos wrote:

Revelation 22:20 "He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming quickly.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

Ah ok

Well there are three possible explanations that I can think of:

1. "Soon" is different on God's time than on ours.
2. Jesus was actually talking about the Kingdom of God being established by and through the Holy Spirit
3. Full preterism
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:09:19 PM
At 4/21/2014 6:33:18 PM, peacenow wrote:

I'm not a literalist, but Satan could have manifested himself as a snake or spoken from inside the snake.

...The snake still doesn't have vocal cords. Evidence Satan exists?

Why do I have to? Theistic evolutionism is the position of the majority of Christians, because it is the official position of the Catholic Church, which makes up a majority of Christians.

Glad to hear that.

Yes, where would you like me to begin? The fact that this universe exists is a start.

Every heard of the big bang theory, infinite universe, etc.? Please begin at irrefutable evidence He exists. Evidence that is watertight.

Generally speaking it isn't.

Glad to hear that.

Most historians, secular and religious, accept the historicity of the person named Jesus.

Anyone could've written that, as it is wikipedia. Please give me evidence from a well-trusted source. More speaking, how do you know that Jesus is a magical spawn of God?

The repeated use of allegory, the contrast between the Old and New Testaments, and inaccurate interpretation are three general explanations, but without any specific examples it is tough to answer your question.

Here's a start:

http://www.evilbible.com...

Your explanation does not account for all of them.

He is eternal, which is a concept that humans naturally have great difficulty understanding and is one of His mysterious qualities.

I could just as easily say that the universe is eternal, or burst out of nothingness, which is a concept that humans do not have the intelligence to understand.

Examples, por favor?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:24:10 PM
At 4/21/2014 7:08:05 PM, peacenow wrote:

Ah ok

Well, yeah, that's what Peter said. But my question is how much time can go by before the claim that Christ will return soon is falsified?

2. Jesus was actually talking about the Kingdom of God being established by and through the Holy Spirit

So you don't believe Jesus is literally going to return physical to the earth?

3. Full preterism

Are you a full preterist?

peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:24:38 PM
At 4/21/2014 7:09:19 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

The snake doesn't have to have vocals cords for satan to manifest himself as a snake or to speak from inside the snake.

Evidence that satan exists? Just look at the incredible suffering that exists in the world today. If it helps, think of satan as a manifestation of evil.

Every heard of the big bang theory, infinite universe, etc.? Please begin at irrefutable evidence He exists. Evidence that is watertight.

Georges Lema"tre, a Roman Catholic priest, was the first to propose what became known as the Big Bang theory, which the Roman Catholic Church embraced since it, as a model, shows a universe that has a beginning and therefore something must have caused that beginning.

Anyone could've written that, as it is wikipedia. Please give me evidence from a well-trusted source. More speaking, how do you know that Jesus is a magical spawn of God?

I assumed you could check out the references that Wikipedia used:

In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship, Bart Ehrman (a secular agnostic) wrote: "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees" B. Ehrman, 2011 Forged : writing in the name of God ISBN 978-0-06-207863-6. page 285

Michael Grant (a classicist) states that "In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary." in Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels by Michael Grant 2004 ISBN 1898799881 page 200

etc ... Just read footnotes 5 - 12

Jesus is not a "magical spawn" of God, He is God's Son, both human and divine, the second Adam, who succeeded where Adam failed.

With regards to how I "know" that such is true, I don't "know" that it is true, I believe it to be true.

Here's a start:

Hahahahaha

I looked at a few of them and they involve removing quotes from context or taking two quotes from different contexts and juxtaposing them.

I could go through all of those but pick a few you want me to comment on that you think are particularly convincing.

I could just as easily say that the universe is eternal, or burst out of nothingness, which is a concept that humans do not have the intelligence to understand.

Well the big bang theory says that the universe is not eternal, and for it to burst out of nothing is a violation of the laws of physics.

Examples, por favor?

I can't really provide concrete examples without telling you about my life, which I don't particularly want to do. I know what you're getting at though. If someone prays for a million dollars, will they really get a million dollars? Well the problem is that worldly success is not the same as success in God's eyes. Prayer for spiritual strength against evil will be answered. Praying for something unGodly will not.
peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:26:04 PM
At 4/21/2014 7:24:10 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:08:05 PM, peacenow wrote:

Ah ok

Well, yeah, that's what Peter said. But my question is how much time can go by before the claim that Christ will return soon is falsified?

As much time as God wills. Hypothetically infinite.

So you don't believe Jesus is literally going to return physical to the earth?

No

3. Full preterism

Are you a full preterist?

No
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:33:00 PM
At 4/21/2014 7:24:38 PM, peacenow wrote:

The snake doesn't have to have vocals cords for satan to manifest himself as a snake or to speak from inside the snake.

Evidence that satan exists? Just look at the incredible suffering that exists in the world today. If it helps, think of satan as a manifestation of evil.

Evidence that he is behind all of this suffering?

Georges Lema"tre, a Roman Catholic priest, was the first to propose what became known as the Big Bang theory, which the Roman Catholic Church embraced since it, as a model, shows a universe that has a beginning and therefore something must have caused that beginning.

Yeah, but you can't prove it was God. It could've been a supercomputer (we are all a simulation) specks of dust, etc.

In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship, Bart Ehrman (a secular agnostic) wrote: "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees" B. Ehrman, 2011 Forged : writing in the name of God ISBN 978-0-06-207863-6. page 285

Michael Grant (a classicist) states that "In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary." in Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels by Michael Grant 2004 ISBN 1898799881 page 200

Jesus is not a "magical spawn" of God, He is God's Son, both human and divine, the second Adam, who succeeded where Adam failed.

With regards to how I "know" that such is true, I don't "know" that it is true, I believe it to be true.

So you can't prove it to be true.

Here's a start:

Hahahahaha

I looked at a few of them and they involve removing quotes from context or taking two quotes from different contexts and juxtaposing them.

I could go through all of those but pick a few you want me to comment on that you think are particularly convincing.

Therefore Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day of her death.
- II Samuel 6:23

The five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul.
- II Samuel 21:8

And it was in the third hour, and they crucified him.
- Mark 25:3-4

And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour; and he saith unto the Jews, behold your king... Shall I crucify your king?
- John 19:14-15

Thou shalt not kill
- Exodus 20:13

Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his
side... and slay every man his brother...
- Exodus 32:27

I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
- Genesis 32:30

No man hath seen God at any time.
- John 1:18

The Lord is good to all.
- Psalm 145:6

I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.
- Isaiah 45:7

Well the big bang theory says that the universe is not eternal, and for it to burst out of nothing is a violation of the laws of physics.

I could just as easily say that the "laws of physics" are man-made, and not perfect at all, so there are obviously a few exceptions. It does not have to be the Big Bang.

Examples, por favor?

I can't really provide concrete examples without telling you about my life, which I don't particularly want to do. I know what you're getting at though. If someone prays for a million dollars, will they really get a million dollars? Well the problem is that worldly success is not the same as success in God's eyes. Prayer for spiritual strength against evil will be answered. Praying for something unGodly will not.

"Can't really provide any concrete examples."

I've seen homeless people pray for a GLASS OF WATER and they don't get any. I'm sick right now, and if I pray to get better, I won't. Why? Isn't being sick bad? If evil exists because of Satan, why doesn't God correct it? Is it because Satan is more powerful than God?
peacenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:01:14 PM
At 4/21/2014 7:33:00 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:24:38 PM, peacenow wrote:

Evidence that he is behind all of this suffering?

It's not whether he is behind the suffering, as he is the personification of suffering and evil.

Yeah, but you can't prove it was God. It could've been a supercomputer (we are all a simulation) specks of dust, etc.

Anything capable of creating this universe is inherently divine.

So you can't prove it to be true.

Of course I can't. Faith is incompatible with proof.

Therefore Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day of her death.
- II Samuel 6:23

The five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul.
- II Samuel 21:8

Read all of 2 Samuel 21:8 - "But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:"

Note: "whom she brought up for Adriel", indicating that Adriel's 5 children were brought up by Michal and so were described as hers.

And it was in the third hour, and they crucified him.
- Mark 25:3-4

And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour; and he saith unto the Jews, behold your king... Shall I crucify your king?
- John 19:14-15

The Jews count the hours of the day as beginning at sunrise while the Romans count the hours of each day as beginning at midnight. John"s 6th hour was the hour which the Romans would have recorded as the time of Jesus" sentencing while Mark"s 3rd hour was the time that the Jews would have recorded Jesus being on the cross.

Thou shalt not kill
- Exodus 20:13

Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his
side... and slay every man his brother...
- Exodus 32:27

In the OT death is a punishment used by God, and God exempts himself from His commandments all the time in the OT. Just look at the statues on the Ark that are an exception to the second commandment.

I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
- Genesis 32:30

No man hath seen God at any time.
- John 1:18

John is referring to God the Father. Anyone who saw God was seeing another member of the Godhead (I would think the Son before He was incarnate).

The Lord is good to all.
- Psalm 145:6

I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.
- Isaiah 45:7

God created everything, and some things are evil. That doesn't mean God isn't good to all.

I could just as easily say that the "laws of physics" are man-made, and not perfect at all, so there are obviously a few exceptions. It does not have to be the Big Bang.

Examples, por favor?

"Can't really provide any concrete examples."

I've seen homeless people pray for a GLASS OF WATER and they don't get any. I'm sick right now, and if I pray to get better, I won't. Why? Isn't being sick bad? If evil exists because of Satan, why doesn't God correct it? Is it because Satan is more powerful than God?

Satan is not more powerful that God, but we can, individually and corporately, fail to choose God and side with satan. This results in unanswered prayers of ourselves and others.

Also: "He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal." John 12:25