Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Why didn't my pictures show up?

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:44:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm so mad at myself right now. Can anyone tell me why my pictures showed up while typing my argument but didn't show up when I posted or reviewed it?

I honestly thought them not appearing was a glitch when I reviewed them. That's why I proceeded.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm completely technology illiterate so any help would be appreciated.

I'm so frustrated because I can't win this debate without the pictures.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:46:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Honestly if I was on my own computer right now, I'd probably throw this thing out the window. Even though I know this is somehow my fault.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:48:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If I figure it out I'm just going to repost my whole round 2 argument in round 3 then move on to rebuttals with the remaining space.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:54:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How to upload pictures to debates.

1. Upload the picture to your DDO photo album.
2. Copy the image from there.
3. Paste the image into your round.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:03:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 11:54:41 PM, Zaradi wrote:
How to upload pictures to debates.

1. Upload the picture to your DDO photo album.
2. Copy the image from there.
3. Paste the image into your round.

I did that, but I can't see it on my computer. If I right click the area where it's supposed to be it gives an option to show the image, but when I click show image it still isn't working. I followed those 3 steps exactly. I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm hoping that I just can't see it on this computer, but it's visible everywhere else.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:14:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/22/2014 12:03:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/21/2014 11:54:41 PM, Zaradi wrote:
How to upload pictures to debates.

1. Upload the picture to your DDO photo album.
2. Copy the image from there.
3. Paste the image into your round.

I did that, but I can't see it on my computer. If I right click the area where it's supposed to be it gives an option to show the image, but when I click show image it still isn't working. I followed those 3 steps exactly. I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm hoping that I just can't see it on this computer, but it's visible everywhere else.

Use html, it is easier and it let's you customize picture sizes in your argument. Here is the html version steps.

1. Switch off of rich text into normal text
2. Type the following line of code:

<img src="insert url to your image between these quotes" width="300px" height="300px"/>

You can adjust the height and width to whatever pixels you want. Click review to test out what it looks like with each size adjustment. Enjoy :)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:15:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/22/2014 12:14:46 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/22/2014 12:03:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/21/2014 11:54:41 PM, Zaradi wrote:
How to upload pictures to debates.

1. Upload the picture to your DDO photo album.
2. Copy the image from there.
3. Paste the image into your round.

I did that, but I can't see it on my computer. If I right click the area where it's supposed to be it gives an option to show the image, but when I click show image it still isn't working. I followed those 3 steps exactly. I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm hoping that I just can't see it on this computer, but it's visible everywhere else.

Use html, it is easier and it let's you customize picture sizes in your argument. Here is the html version steps.

1. Switch off of rich text into normal text
2. Type the following line of code:

<img src="insert url to your image between these quotes" width="300px" height="300px"/>

You can adjust the height and width to whatever pixels you want. Click review to test out what it looks like with each size adjustment. Enjoy :)

thank you
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:17:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Maybe it has something to do with the browser. I couldn't seem to do it at all on Safari. I had slightly better luck with Internet Explorer.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:39:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 11:44:48 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm so mad at myself right now. Can anyone tell me why my pictures showed up while typing my argument but didn't show up when I posted or reviewed it?

I honestly thought them not appearing was a glitch when I reviewed them. That's why I proceeded.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm completely technology illiterate so any help would be appreciated.

I'm so frustrated because I can't win this debate without the pictures.

There is a glitch on the site -- if you use the URL for the comments section, your pictures won't show up. I have no idea why. [credit: garret].

http://www.debate.org...

Unfortunately, I tried the normal URL too and your pics didn't show up. Dunno what you did. Use TUF's method.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 12:42:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/22/2014 12:39:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/21/2014 11:44:48 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm so mad at myself right now. Can anyone tell me why my pictures showed up while typing my argument but didn't show up when I posted or reviewed it?

I honestly thought them not appearing was a glitch when I reviewed them. That's why I proceeded.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm completely technology illiterate so any help would be appreciated.

I'm so frustrated because I can't win this debate without the pictures.

There is a glitch on the site -- if you use the URL for the comments section, your pictures won't show up. I have no idea why. [credit: garret].

http://www.debate.org...

Unfortunately, I tried the normal URL too and your pics didn't show up. Dunno what you did. Use TUF's method.

Tuf's method is working when I hit review. thanks.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 1:55:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/22/2014 12:15:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/22/2014 12:14:46 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/22/2014 12:03:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/21/2014 11:54:41 PM, Zaradi wrote:
How to upload pictures to debates.

1. Upload the picture to your DDO photo album.
2. Copy the image from there.
3. Paste the image into your round.

I did that, but I can't see it on my computer. If I right click the area where it's supposed to be it gives an option to show the image, but when I click show image it still isn't working. I followed those 3 steps exactly. I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm hoping that I just can't see it on this computer, but it's visible everywhere else.

Use html, it is easier and it let's you customize picture sizes in your argument. Here is the html version steps.

1. Switch off of rich text into normal text
2. Type the following line of code:

<img src="insert url to your image between these quotes" width="300px" height="300px"/>

You can adjust the height and width to whatever pixels you want. Click review to test out what it looks like with each size adjustment. Enjoy :)

thank you

Np glad it worked.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227