Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

Should I, Pitbull15, write fanfiction?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 4:30:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I posted in the personal founs about this, but got no responses. You've heard it was for nerds, freaks, and all the other assorted BS; but fanfiction is still writing and we all know that's good. I've read some brilliant fanfics before that were able to give mere cartoons a whole new sense of meaning. If you watched Ed, Edd, n Eddy as a kid, you know how ridiculous it was at times. Well, this fanfic totally reinvented it for me and I consider it to be a decent piece of literature.

The first few chapters are happy, but have a sense of gloom lurking in the distance.. The story itself is pretty tragic especially when compared to the show. Seriously, just forget about the stereotypes of fanfiction and read it.

Obviously, you're only going to understand it completely if you watched the show as a kid, but it demonstrates how ordinary people can turn a cartoon like that into a superb story. It's still creative writing.

Do you think I should sign up for the site? If I do, I'll use my DDO username. That way if you're ever there you'll know it was my work. =D
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 4:36:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes, you should write fanfiction. And you shouldn't give a rat's arse whether it's nerdy or not. Fan fiction edifies both the writer and the reader, so there's abso-smurfly no good reasons not to write fan fiction.

I'm writing one myself. I haven't decided what to do with it when it's finished, but I've already got the whole story line composed in my head, and I've got a big chunk of it typed up already. I'm kind of excited about it. If nerdiness brings me joy, then I'm all for nerdiness.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle