Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Cp AMAAAIKY

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:11:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ask me anything again and I'll kill you.

Now that I've gotten your attention...

Look, I get how members want their time in the limelight and just love loveee the attention of the site or just want to emulate the "cool" members who did AMAA first. But it has simply gotten out of hand.

If you want to ask someone a question... ask them... simple! If you want to ask them something ... "naughty" or "personal" then PM them. You don't need to make entire threads so that people can come worship at your feet with their arbitrary questions and you can pop an attention whore boner.

And for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster why are these in the DDO forum section?!?!?! At the very MOST they should be in the PERSONAL section but probably the MISC section. Like seriously.

So please, stop with these stupid question threads. Honestly most of the questions are garbage anyways. Stop giving into peer pressure and find the attention all of you so obviously crave elsewhere.

And if you must, must do these idiotic threads move them off of the DDO section. Plox.

/rant
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:15:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you hate AMAAs, then why don't you tell the thread-creators to stop?
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:18:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:15:08 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:14:06 AM, XLAV wrote:
Is this a question?

Yes, the above sentence is a question.

Oh no, I'm dead.

Lol, I knew someone was going to make this kind of thread. I totally agree with CP, AMA threads are getting out of hand and they are clogging up the DDO forum section.
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:19:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:15:09 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
If you hate AMAAs, then why don't you tell the thread-creators to stop?

He is telling them to stop...
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:20:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:18:57 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:15:08 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:14:06 AM, XLAV wrote:
Is this a question?

Yes, the above sentence is a question.

Oh no, I'm dead.

Lol, I knew someone was going to make this kind of thread. I totally agree with CP, AMA threads are getting out of hand and they are clogging up the DDO forum section.

Why are they in the DDO section? Usually people shut this crap down way sooner when they begin clogging this forum. Move them to Personal, that's where they belong. And they're stupid.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:20:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you agree that #Feminists need to #ChillOut?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:26:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:20:25 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:18:57 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:15:08 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:14:06 AM, XLAV wrote:
Is this a question?

Yes, the above sentence is a question.

Oh no, I'm dead.

Lol, I knew someone was going to make this kind of thread. I totally agree with CP, AMA threads are getting out of hand and they are clogging up the DDO forum section.

Why are they in the DDO section? Usually people shut this crap down way sooner when they begin clogging this forum. Move them to Personal, that's where they belong. And they're stupid.

Bluesteel posted the first AMA thread in the DDO section.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:26:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:23:25 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:20:45 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Do you agree that #Feminists need to #ChillOut?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Is trying #Marijuana a #BadMove or a #RadGroove?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:27:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:26:31 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:23:25 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:20:45 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Do you agree that #Feminists need to #ChillOut?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Is trying #Marijuana a #BadMove or a #RadGroove?

LOL hahaha

how many of these do you got in you?
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:29:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:27:01 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:26:31 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:23:25 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:20:45 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Do you agree that #Feminists need to #ChillOut?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Is trying #Marijuana a #BadMove or a #RadGroove?

LOL hahaha

how many of these do you got in you?

Best twitter account ever.

https://twitter.com...
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:32:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 9:29:12 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:27:01 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:26:31 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:23:25 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/24/2014 9:20:45 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Do you agree that #Feminists need to #ChillOut?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Is trying #Marijuana a #BadMove or a #RadGroove?

LOL hahaha

how many of these do you got in you?

Best twitter account ever.

https://twitter.com...

Are you #PUMPED for the #KeystonePipeline? #GetIt? hahahaha

good find man
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 10:19:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As someone who was one of the first to post an AMA thread, I actually have to agree with CP on this one. They were inappropriate and, if anything, belonged in a different forum. Now, to be fair, I can think of -- actually, I posted a topic on it -- at least a dozen worse threads than the AMA threads, which I actually thought were fairly productive and interesting, but consequential reasoning is irrelevant int his context/
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 10:41:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2014 10:19:00 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
As someone who was one of the first to post an AMA thread, I actually have to agree with CP on this one. They were inappropriate and, if anything, belonged in a different forum. Now, to be fair, I can think of -- actually, I posted a topic on it -- at least a dozen worse threads than the AMA threads, which I actually thought were fairly productive and interesting, but consequential reasoning is irrelevant int his context/

The forums are filled with terrible threads I agree. It just bothers me that these terrible threads are being copied and reiterated over and over again.

At least all the ones you listed were (relatively) different.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 2:34:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mah bad; did not realize I would unleash the krakken
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)