Jump to topic:

Wiki

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:21:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
How often is the wiki (on DDOfans) updated or even used for anything (other then the mafia games)?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
banginonatrashcan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 3:55:28 AM
At 2/4/2010 9:28:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I look at it quite often.

I update it nearly every day (excluding weekends when my girlfriend is over). But yeah anyone can update it anytime, thus why its a wiki.

Just click "recent changes" link on the side to find out what I've done, etc.

You can make your own wiki page if you don't have one etc.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 4:13:38 AM
As to whether or not its used for anything... well, that depends - are you interested in seeing random motivation-style posters cropping up everywhere and generally useless information about people, events, and DDO in general? If you are, then good - that is what is on the DDO wiki.
banginonatrashcan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 9:09:43 AM
At 2/5/2010 4:13:38 AM, Volkov wrote:
generally useless information about people, events, and DDO in general?

Really its only useless if you do nothing on this website.

If you play mafia games, have a sense of humor, want to learn about 99% of the terms talked about on here, want to learn what logical fallacies are, the history of this site, in depth details about users, chat with people on here, have freedom of speech, learn what the big issues actually are, get ideas for debate, find out about past events, etc.

Then its extremely useful.

If you're not interested about this site at all or debating in general and don't have any sense of humor then you'll probably find it useless.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 9:16:53 AM
At 2/5/2010 9:09:43 AM, banginonatrashcan wrote:

Really its only useless if you do nothing on this website.

If you're not interested about this site at all or debating in general and don't have any sense of humor then you'll probably find it useless.

The Wiki's okay, but that's not a fair statement -- I use this website a lot and I've looked at the Wiki maybe 3x total since its inception (and that's only because people linked me to something specific). It's far from necessary to look at the Wiki to be a productive, useful or knowledgeable member on this site. I'm sure only some of the "regulars" look at it, and the regulars are the ones who don't need to since they already know what things like fallacies and the mafia game are. That said, I support you investing your time in an essentially meaningless addition to DDO. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. But it's not nearly as useful as you give it credit for, imo. The free speech thing is cool, but obviously can and has been abused. Anyway don't take this as me bashing the site -- I just really don't think it's that important. At all.
President of DDO
banginonatrashcan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 9:36:39 AM
No i completely agree Lwerd, its not designed for regulars (unless for a laugh) its mainly for new members who have no clue whats going on and want to join a mafia game or learn how to debate.

Its essentially the idea of a debaters cookbook an expanded level.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 10:24:54 AM
At 2/5/2010 9:36:39 AM, banginonatrashcan wrote:
No i completely agree Lwerd, its not designed for regulars (unless for a laugh) its mainly for new members who have no clue whats going on and want to join a mafia game or learn how to debate.

Its essentially the idea of a debaters cookbook an expanded level.

I agree, though the problem is that I don't think n00bs know about it.
President of DDO
banginonatrashcan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 10:35:06 AM
No I don't think most do either, however when anyone asks a noob question like "How do I play mafia"

All you have to do is post a link, no long winded explanation. If someone wants to learn how to play now it should be incredibly easy, everything is explained and all past games have been archived (still working on Super smash bros) with the exception of 1 of usafkid's pm games which I don't think ever happened (started right before he was banned)
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 10:56:23 AM
I think a lot of credit has to go to those who built it and also those that have contributed to it.

I must admit I don't go on there a lot either but it is nice to know it's there.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...