Attack on DDO EPISODE ONE

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 2:51:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"BLUE! 70! Watch the flank! Watch the flank!"

Mikal looks around from his position behind the center, eyeing the enemy team"s defense and trying to audible the play called accordingly. Twenty seconds left on the clock, fourth quarter, and the district high school championship title on the line. If they didn"t score on this play then it wasn"t likely that they would win. He had to make something happen now.

"Omaha! Omaha! Set, HUT!" called out the quarterback, and all hell broke loose. The ball hit Mikal"s hands, and he took two steps back, faking a quick glance further down the field before instantly breaking out to the left, sprinting forward while his team blocked enemy defenders trying to tackle him.

Mikal kept running forward, his feet constantly pounding on. He saw one defender coming onto him, and spun around him quickly. He wasn"t fast enough to stop the second man, who plowed into his back and drove him down, face first into the dirt hard. He lay there for a second, hearing his coach call for a quick timeout, using their last one. A few of his teammates help pick Mikal off the ground, and they trotted over to the sideline for the timeout. The coach looked at Mikal with a disapproving frown. "Mikal, you can"t do those hot-shot plays. Gotta rely on your team."

"Yeah, I would if they were actually doing anything" Mikal thought sourly to himself. "Okay, whatever. Put us back in, we can score. It"s fourth down, we gotta do this." Mikal pleaded, trying to get one last shot at redemption. But his coach shook his head. "No, we go for the fieldgoal to put it into overtime." Mikal started to protest, but a pointed look silenced him. He sat in silence as the field goal unit jogged out onto the football field, taking their place at the line of scrimmage and watched as the ball was snapped,

and kicked,

and missed the fieldgoal.

---

YYW looked around the bar with disinterest, taking a sip from his beer before letting out a quiet sigh and looking down at his watch, attuned the 24 hour international time as opposed to the standard 12 hour DDO time. "Mikal"s game"s probably just ending now. I should start thinking about heading back home to meet him there." He thought, thinking about getting to see his brother again after being deployed for years on end overseas. Then again being in the Marines was a lot easier than being at home after Mom died"

"YYW? Is that you? Talk about someone I haven"t seen in years."

YYW turned around, surprised to hear his own name, to see bsh1 in front of him, although it took him a while to recognize him. "Bsh? Wow, we haven"t seen each other since, what, high school? How"ve you been? You"re certainly looking better." YYW complimented, recalling how"uhh""awkward" bsh looked during high school. Bsh smiled brightly at the compliment. "I"m well. And yeah"I kinda grew out of my awkward, high school phase. Stopped caring about what you were into and more about what looked good on me." Bsh commented, rubbing the back of his neck to try and brush off the blatant flirting. "You don"t look bad either. Marines whip you into shape?" bsh questioned, poking a probing finger playfully at YYW"s athletic body to try and change the subject. "You could say that." YYW replied, trying to brush it off as nonchalantly as he could. Bsh just laughed a little in response. "So how long you here for?" "Not for too long. Two weeks and then I have another deployment in createdebate for eighteen months." YYW answered simply, taking another sip from his beer. "Hey I gotta go, my brother"s game is just about over and I want to meet him home. It was really nice seeing you again. Any chance we can get some more time to hang out before I get deployed again?" YYW asked, gesturing out toward the door leading to his Jeep. Bsh smiled warmly, nodding. "I"d love that. I have work for the next few days, but after that I"m free." YYW nodded, writing his phone number down on a bar napkin and offered it to bsh. "Just call me when you got time to set up the specifics?" Bsh took the napkin and put it in his back pocket. "I"ll call you when I"m on my break. Tell Mikal I said hi!"

---

Mikal parked his Camero in front of his house, looking at the driveway seeing his brother"s Jeep parked. He let out an annoyed "tsk", looking to the front door to see his brother there, relaxing in a lawn chair, a six pack of beer sitting at his feet. This only brought out another annoyed "tsk" from him as he slung his backpack of gear across his back, trodding up to the front door. "Hey." YYW greeted simply, popping open the top of it. Mikal payed him the least possible attention as possible. "YYW." He returned curtly, walking past him and tossing his backpack onto the staircase. YWW winced a little at being blown off like that, grabbing the now five pack and heading inside. Mikal opened up the fridge, poking around absent-mindedly for something to eat, not caring that he wasn"t hungry. YYW followed him into the kitchen, leaning against the counter and taking a sip from his beer. "How"d the game go?" YYW asked, trying to spark some kind of conversation. "We lost." Mikal said shortly, not looking back from the fridge. YYW winced again; strike two. "Uhhh"you want a beer?"

Mikal turned around to glare at YYW, which he considered to be a half-success. "Why are you even here?" Mikal asked bitterly, finally taking the gallon of milk from the refrigerator and pouring a glass. "What do you mean why am I here? This is my home." YYW retorted back, confused with the animosity. Mikal opened his mouth to respond, thought about it for a bit, and closed it again, deciding it wasn"t worth the time. "Whatever. When"s Airmax going to be home?" Mikal asked, draining the glass of milk in one long gulp. "He should"ve been home by now, but he got called away again because of some major accident on the freeway. He"ll be home later tonight." YYW responded, taking another drink from his beer, although he suddenly didn"t feel like drinking too much. Mikal nodded, putting his glass in the dish washer before heading toward the stairs. "I"m going to bed." He said simply, disappearing to the second floor. YYW let out a long sigh, shaking his head. "Nice talking bro! See you tomorrow!" he called after Mikal, knowing full well that his brother probably couldn"t hear him and even if he did, there probably wouldn"t be a response coming his way. He put the five pack of beer back into the fridge, finishing off his can of it and putting the empty trash into the trash can. YYW started moving toward the stairs, before remembering Airmax talking to him about how after he left for the Marines his room was converted into a study. Another sigh followed this realization. "The couch it is." He muttered to himself, walking to the living room before collapsing onto the couch, asleep almost as soon as his head rested against the cushions.

---

A figure stood alone, overlooking a vast, watery expanse. He eyed a computer screen for a bit, nodding in approval as a few different figures scrolled across them before dismissing it with a wave of his hand. He had been considering this move for months, years now. Everything was in play for this one, single moment that could change the course of history. He was determined not to let it go to waste.

The door opened behind him, and in stepped another man, clad in full uniform, decorated in numerous medals of service. He gave a deep bow to the figure before returning up right in a rigid salute. "Lord Commander, our forces are mobilized and prepared for combat. DDO is completely unaware of our actions, and are still operating under the pretenses that we are allies. They will be taken by complete surprise when we attack." The lone figure nods, his lieutenant"s report matching the reports he had received. "Good work, Jifpop. You have permission to proceed with the invasion as planned. May the fortunes of war smile upon you tomorrow on the battlefield.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 3:51:59 PM
At 4/28/2014 3:47:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I don't know how you did it, but you made Jifpop intimidating. Well done.

LOL
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 3:54:40 PM
I like it. Not what I was expecting at all, but I like where it's going.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 4:23:03 PM
Nice job Zaradi.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...