ClassicRobert's Official 2nd Gauntlet-Start

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 9:44:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
*Story time*

One day, YYW received was just minding his own business when he received a letter. There was no name or return address on it, so YYW was confused. He opened it, and sand fell out. He turned around to make a snide comment about it to his bae bsh1, but then he noticed something strange. The sand on the ground started moving. The sand was arranged such that it formed letters, and it said, "You have been invited to try to win the gauntlet. Go to pier 22."

YYW couldn't explain exactly what he was feeling, and without a word to bsh1, departed. Upon arrival, he immediately noticed a man in front of a sea-plane. He approached the man, and the man said, "If you step into this plane, you have agreed to a challenge ClassicRobert's tower, where awaits you 5 guards: Wylted, ConservativePolitico, Raisor, Mikal, and Bluesteel. If you beat them all, you will find fame in the gauntlet awaiting you at the top of the tower. If not, you will be immediately-" YYW cut him off by simply walking into the plane. He was ready.

*5 hours later*

YYW stood at the doors of DDO tower, and, for a moment, lost all resolve. The tower was intimidating, after all. But then he remembered bsh1's gentle voice and the memorable PMs they had shared, and he decided to conquer the tower for love, to make bsh1 proud. He walked in to see the grizzly Wylted waiting in the room, and five judges, Thett3, TUF, TylerGraham95, Whiteflame, and Bladerunner, watching. Wylted said calmly: "The current tax system should be replaced by the fair tax. Do you accept this debate?" And YYW said: "I accept."

http://www.debate.org...
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 7:20:58 PM
At 4/29/2014 4:37:17 PM, Romanii wrote:
Surprisingly little public response to this.... bump.

They haven't debated anything yet, so there is nothing to comment on.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:01:11 PM
... and five judges, Thett3, TUF, TylerGraham95, Whiteflame, and Bladerunner, watching. Wylted said calmly: "The current tax system should be replaced by the fair tax. Do you accept this debate?" And YYW said: "I accept."

You said the tournament was open to all voters originally, but you've recently dictated the prerequisite of only five judges you and others meticulously chosen, and because of that, I speak of many when I say that I'm no longer interested in reading this tournament's debates because I won't have the chance to vote on them. This tournament has unfortunately turned into nothing more than a DDO-elitist leapfrog fivesome pyramid, and one that is going to collapse on itself.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:04:45 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:01:11 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
... and five judges, Thett3, TUF, TylerGraham95, Whiteflame, and Bladerunner, watching. Wylted said calmly: "The current tax system should be replaced by the fair tax. Do you accept this debate?" And YYW said: "I accept."

You said the tournament was open to all voters originally, but you've recently dictated the prerequisite of only five judges you and others meticulously chosen, and because of that, I speak of many when I say that I'm no longer interested in reading this tournament's debates because I won't have the chance to vote on them. This tournament has unfortunately turned into nothing more than a DDO-elitist leapfrog fivesome pyramid, and one that is going to collapse on itself.

Keeping you, and biased voters like you out was a principle reason I lobbied to have judging closed. It's not elitist, but it is meant to ensure the integrity of every ballot cast -and you have a reputation not only for casting biased ballots, but malicious ones. You can whine about that to any extent you like. It's not going to change the fact that you're not welcome to vote on those debates, or any debates that I ever participate in. I expect that there are at least several others on DDO who feel the same way. Knowing that, you have two options. The first is to deny reality and act as if I, Mikial and Bluesteel have all been conspiring against you as you have in the past. Or, you could stop acting like a petulant toddler and grow up.
Tsar of DDO
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:06:06 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:01:11 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

That's a bit harsh, but I agree... not being allowed to vote has somewhat dimmed my enthusiasm for the tournament.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:27:13 PM
Keeping you, and biased voters like you out was a principle reason I lobbied to have judging closed. It's not elitist, but it is meant to ensure the integrity of every ballot cast -and you have a reputation not only for casting biased ballots, but malicious ones. You can whine about that to any extent you like. It's not going to change the fact that you're not welcome to vote on those debates, or any debates that I ever participate in. I expect that there are at least several others on DDO who feel the same way. Knowing that, you have two options. The first is to deny reality and act as if I, Mikial and Bluesteel have all been conspiring against you as you have in the past. Or, you could stop acting like a petulant toddler and grow up.

Belligerence is a good disguise for pseudo-intelligence, your own ignorance and pseudo-intelligence made me vote against you that one time, which is why this has left a would in your fragile heart, one you will never overcome because you know that in the world of intelligence, people like you never really matter to anyone.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:31:44 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:27:13 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Belligerence is a good disguise for pseudo-intelligence, your own ignorance and pseudo-intelligence made me vote against you that one time, which is why this has left a would in your fragile heart, one you will never overcome because you know that in the world of intelligence, people like you never really matter to anyone.

lol... Yep. I thought that's how you would respond. I want to introduce you to this concept, in relation to your own conception of your intellectual preeminence:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:36:41 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:31:44 PM, YYW wrote:

lol... Yep. I thought that's how you would respond. I want to introduce you to this concept, in relation to your own conception of your intellectual preeminence:

I hate to be a burden on your low IQ, but that is a broken link and I've studied this effect in my courses of Advanced rationality, and has recognized this as one of your traits alongside you being somewhere on the autism spectrum.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:40:35 PM

Speaking of your autism, you're probably the only one to misunderstand Ayer in such a way in this debate (http://www.debate.org...), although many in my class last year had similar layman misunderstandings, so I'm thinking you have more mental handicaps than I imagined.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:42:19 PM

Your link is faulty...

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:43:39 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:38:29 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/29/2014 9:04:45 PM, YYW wrote:

May I ask why I was booted from the voting list? Was it lack of experience?

Yep. I think you'd try to be fair, though, and on balance you're a better voter than most.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:44:00 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:42:19 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Your link is faulty...

Ahh, yes. I don't know how that could have happened. Many thanks.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:45:44 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:43:39 PM, YYW wrote:

Yep. I think you'd try to be fair, though, and on balance you're a better voter than most.

I assume that I likewise was booted for not being on here long enough?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:46:33 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:40:35 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Speaking of your autism,

rofl, I'm not autistic -but it's neat that you said that.

you're probably the only one to misunderstand Ayer in such a way in this debate (http://www.debate.org...), although many in my class last year had similar layman misunderstandings, so I'm thinking you have more mental handicaps than I imagined.

w/e. lol
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:47:17 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:45:44 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I don't actually recall evaluating you... were you on the list?
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:47:36 PM

Or another bullsh!t excuse.

American debate judges are nothing more than chalk-chewing reductionist low-lives who have a point-to-point theory which is hypothetically debunked by putting William Lane Craig next to Socrates, and watching the latter tear the former apart without having to address his every point or argument, and having the debate judges give the win to WLC for less dropped arguments and similar justifications.

That's why at some point Americans won debates by talking really and incomprehensibly fast, until the judges felt it was getting too nasty and had to add more criteria to avoid Gish Galloping.

In the end of the day, anyone can fairly judge a debate if he is knowledgeable and open-minded about a certain topic. You don't have to be a reductionist lowlife with OCD and a concern for details to do so, or someone with many years of experience at watching people talk.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:49:32 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:47:36 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Or another bullsh!t excuse.

You weren't party to the discussion, so you can't meaningfully speak on why some people got chosen and not others.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:51:18 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:46:33 PM, YYW wrote:

Speaking of your autism,

you're probably the only one to misunderstand Ayer in such a way in this debate (http://www.debate.org...), although many in my class last year had similar layman misunderstandings, so I'm thinking you have more mental handicaps than I imagined.

w/e. lol

"Lol" and "rofl" just makes you look immature when you sounded off as someone who supports maturity in your first response.

You're like a lamb walking into a lion's den and unaware of that. I feel like I'm making fun of someone with biological reasons to be stupid, so I'm going to stop at this point.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:51:29 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:47:17 PM, YYW wrote:

From message 101 of http://www.debate.org...

Judges

1) thett3
2) TUF
3) whiteflame (if not a challenger)
4) bladerunner060
5) Zaradi
6) tylergraham95
7) Romanii
8) Jifpop09
9) Geogeer
10)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:54:19 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:51:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Judges

1) thett3
2) TUF
4) bladerunner060
5) Zaradi
6) tylergraham95
7) Romanii
8) Jifpop09
9) Geogeer
10)

Idk. I'd have to go back over the PM. Based on your debates, though, you seem like a pretty good member. I'm sorry if we may have overlooked you.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:55:29 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:54:19 PM, YYW wrote:

Judges

1) thett3
2) TUF
4) bladerunner060
5) Zaradi
6) tylergraham95
7) Romanii
8) Jifpop09
9) Geogeer
10)

Idk. I'd have to go back over the PM. Based on your debates, though, you seem like a pretty good member. I'm sorry if we may have overlooked you.

We should debate whether I should have been a judge! ;-)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:58:05 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:51:18 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 4/29/2014 9:46:33 PM, YYW wrote:

Speaking of your autism,

w/e. lol

"Lol" and "rofl" just makes you look immature when you sounded off as someone who supports maturity in your first response.

Yeah, laughing out loud is what you get instead of my speculating on the various reasons why you are the way you are. But really, yours isn't a perspective I'm inclined to care about. The reason I didn't ignore you in this thread is because you deserved to know why the judging structure was organized the way it was. You were a contributing factor to that. It's not personal -at least not on my end.

You're like a lamb walking into a lion's den and unaware of that. I feel like I'm making fun of someone with biological reasons to be stupid, so I'm going to stop at this point.

lol... It's interesting to me how you think calling me "stupid" has some sort of meaning. Even more interesting is your belief that you're smarter than I am.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 9:58:49 PM
At 4/29/2014 9:55:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/29/2014 9:54:19 PM, YYW wrote:

Judges

1) thett3
2) TUF
4) bladerunner060
5) Zaradi
6) tylergraham95
7) Romanii
8) Jifpop09
9) Geogeer
10)

We should debate whether I should have been a judge! ;-)

haha, maybe not that, but if you want to debate something I'd be happy to once I'm done with the tournaments :)
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 10:02:00 PM

Judges

1) thett3
2) TUF
4) bladerunner060
5) Zaradi
6) tylergraham95
7) Romanii
8) Jifpop09
9) Geogeer
10)

Everyone agreed to the judges that remained it was unanimous. It wasn't personal and obviously some politics that aren't known and will never be known played a role.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 10:04:33 PM
lol... It's interesting to me how you think calling me "stupid" has some sort of meaning. Even more interesting is your belief that you're smarter than I am.

While I'm quite hesitant of making many assumptions, I'm assuming you were raised by an inexperienced mother, judging from your culture, probably got pregnant at 13 or 14 and raised you up alone as a single mother, doing all sorts of crazy stuff such as dropping you a few times in the bathtub and drying you off in the microwave afterwards. And that, I think, considerably explains my intellectual superiority over you, but that's not an accomplishment, of course, even BornOfGod is clearly above you on the intelligence chart.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 10:05:53 PM
At 4/29/2014 10:04:33 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

While I'm quite hesitant of making many assumptions, I'm assuming you were raised by an inexperienced mother, judging from your culture, probably got pregnant at 13 or 14 and raised you up alone as a single mother, doing all sorts of crazy stuff such as dropping you a few times in the bathtub and drying you off in the microwave afterwards. And that, I think, considerably explains my intellectual superiority over you, but that's not an accomplishment, of course, even BornOfGod is clearly above you on the intelligence chart.

roflamo

Keep going, this is fun.
Tsar of DDO