Jump to topic:

Star Debate Season 1 E1 p1: The Sendoff

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:02:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello! Welcome! This is the DDO fanfic I'm writing based on Star Trek. I've already had sign-ups, but feel free to PM me if you want to be on the crew, and I'll put you in somewhere. I'm planning on making this short, so if you don't see yourself in this or the next couple of parts don't be offended. I'm going to try to post every two to three days (I wrote this in one day, so I think that's plenty of time for me). For the purpose of imagination, here is a detailed article on Galaxy Class starships: http://en.memory-alpha.org...

Now, I don't have room to post my starter in this post, so I'll put it in my next one XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:03:18 AM
TUF looked Airmax in the eyes and said, "It's good seeing you again."

"I wish you were still in the captain's uniform," Airmax responded.

"Too many people wanted me to step up," TUF said hesitantly while taking a look at Airmax's ship, the USS Enforcer NCC-1227. "I'll miss being a captain, but now it's your turn."

Airmax stepped aside and looked at the Enforcer. It was a beautiful, new Galaxy Class starship sitting right outside their window. "She looks like a great ship," he said smiling at it. "I'll hope to serve the Federation well."

"You'd better," TUF said nudging him with his elbow. "Now we'd better get you on the shuttle so you can get to your bridge."

Airmax smiled silently and stepped into the shuttle. He stood at the doorway and said, "I'll see you later, Admiral." He casually saluted TUF then walked in as the doors shut behind him.

There was an ensign sitting in at the controls, awaiting orders.

"Take us out, ensign," Airmax said, and almost immediately they were off to the hanger on the Enforcer. On the way, Airmax decided to make conversation. "So what's your name?" He asked the ensign.

"My name is Mikal, sir," he said calmly.

"Oh, you're on the bridge crew aren't you?"

Mikal nodded his head as he turned the shuttle to be perpendicular with the hangar and started to pull in. "Yes, sir," he added when they were positioned. "I graduated from the academy with honors, so they assigned me the position."

"Good for you," Airmax said as they landed. "Well, it looks like I don't have anything to worry about so far."

Mikal laughed and replied, "Thank you, I specialized in flying at the academy."

They stepped off, and one of the security staff greeted them. Immediately Airmax noticed the rank. He was a Lieutenant, junior grade. The lieutenant stood at attention until Airmax put up his hand and said, "At ease. What's your name?"

"Oncoming Storm, sir," he replied immediately.

"Good, I need to start remembering names now," Airmax stated with a laugh. "Take us to the bridge."

The three of them walked to the nearest turbolift and set it to go to the bridge. It whooshed around the ship until it got to its destination, and the doors neatly slid open at the stop.

Mikal immediately walked to his station and Oncoming Storm stayed in the turbolift, probably to go to another assignment. Airmax merely looked around and tried to remember the faces from the roster.

"Sir," his first officer said standing up. Mike Cuber, although he enjoyed being called Z for reasons unknown to him at the moment.

"Commander," Airmax said acknowledging him as he walked to the captain's chair.

"The ship is ready for takeoff whenever you're ready," the 2nd officer said.

"What's your name again?" Airmax asked forgetting that spot on the roster.

"Lieutenant Commander Endarkened Rationalist, sir," he said turning around in his seat.

"Thank you, as you were," he responded quickly. "Mikal, are you ready?"

"Of course, I'm ready," Mikal responded immediately. Almost a little out of order, but it didn't bother Airmax as it would other captains.

"Take us out."

A loud banging resounded in the room as the clamps let go of the Enforcer. Mikal slowly pulled her out of the dock, but when they were clear he sped up a little bit. "Where are we headed, Captain?" He asked looking at Airmax.

"Set a course for Oron, warp 6," Airmax said remembering their mission. They had to go help a science team on the surface with a massive mining expedition, or something like that. He'd go read the assignment in his quarters later.

"So what's our assignment?" Mike asked almost immediately after Airmax finished his thought.

"I don't remember at the moment," Airmax replied quietly.

"Might wanna find that out." A small laugh escaped Mike, but he held his composure for the most part.

"Sir, there's a spacial disturbance coming up ahead. It doesn't appear dangerous, though," Endarkened Rationalist said.

The ship momentarily shook, but it settled after a few seconds.

"No damage done to the ship," the chief of security called out. Airmax turned to see Lieutenant Commander Linkish reading his panel to make sure he was being accurate in his report.

"Thank you, Linkish," Airmax replied. "Continue on course, Mikal."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romanii looked around PM. It was a bar sort of place on the Enforcer that people would hang out in for some down time. Not that anyone had been on the Enforcer for very long. It was just commissioned, after all, but at least half of the people on this ship were transfered from another Galaxy Class Starship and replaced with some academy graduates. Then there were academy graduates plus the other transfers who didn't know much about the ship.

He saw bsh1 pouring some drinks for people. He seemed happy about it. Romanii only knew his name because he'd been in PM after checking in and getting his room assignment. His time here probably amounted to about 4 hours. He'd spent the rest of the time strolling.

"You know, lots of people like the holodecks," bsh1 said. "You've been here for what, four hours?"

"They were full last time I checked," Romanii responded.

"Last time you left here was four hours ago," bsh1 responded in a more sarcastic tone. "Why do you like sitting alone so much?"

"I don't like it really, I just haven't really met anyone yet."

"Well, you're not going to meet anyone sitting at that barstool very easily."

Romanii just looked around to find a distraction or new subject of conversation. He was actually a little tired and didn't feel like walking anymore, although he wanted to.

"Alright, have it your way," bsh1 shrugged off as he walked back to pour some synthahol for one of the engineering staff. They were supposed to all be on duty for the sendoff, but maybe they'd been gone long enough to start letting people get off.

He checked the time on his watch and saw it was about an hour until he was supposed to be on duty. Might as well leave.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juan Pablo looked at the reactor core. "Looks good," he mumbled to himself. Romanii walked through the doors as Juan turned around.

"Figured I'd go on duty early," Romanii said as an almost passing comment.

"That's fine, go check the armaments," Juan responded quickly. "You never know when a Romulan Warbird might uncloak right in front of us."

"Or just an asteroid field."

Juan had forgotten Romanii was half Romulan. That was where he got his name. Technically the Romulans were at peace with the Federation, but anyone who was out by the neutral zone new better than that. It was a cold war, like the one from a few hundred years ago on earth.

"Sorry I didn't mean to..." Juan started but was cut off by Romanii.

"Don't worry about it. I've been on assignments by the neutral zone too."

Romanii walked over to check the armaments as he'd been told to, and Juan went to look at the matter-to-antimatter output. 1-to-1, just as it was supposed to be. The nacelles seemed to be operating quite well. He was told by TUF himself to give an engine report to Airmax when it was complete.

Juan tapped his comm badge and said, "Captain, the reactor core and warp nacelles are running properly."

"Thank you, Mr. Pablo," Airmax responded almost immediately.

"It's safe to increase to warp 7 if you want to move us along any faster."

The reading went up to warp 7 within moments.

The sound of inspections resounded throughout the engine room. It was a comfortable sound to Juan. He was confident in the state of this ship, but it never hurt to make everyone else confident. Without delay they'd be at Oron in an hour anyway.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:15:51 AM
At 4/30/2014 10:13:48 AM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Should be a fun, hopefully not ( Wink ) dangerous adventure as well!

http://media.tumblr.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:23:26 AM
Will the Engineer get wasted?

Will the Warp Core randomly explode and kill everyone?

Will the Ice cream make it to the freezer before it melts?

Find out next time?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:48:49 AM
Loved it!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:05:20 AM
At 4/30/2014 10:48:49 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Loved it!

Thank you!
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:14:56 AM
At 4/30/2014 11:07:15 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Beautiful! Outstanding!

Thank you! :D
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:32:19 AM
Great job so far!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:34:09 AM
Hello! Welcome! This is the DDO fanfic I'm writing based on Star Trek. I've already had sign-ups, but feel free to PM me if you want to be on the crew, and I'll put you in somewhere. I'm not planning on making this short, so if you don't see yourself in this or the next couple of parts don't be offended. I'm going to try to post every two to three days (I wrote this in one day, so I think that's plenty of time for me). For the purpose of imagination, here is a detailed article on Galaxy Class starships: http://en.memory-alpha.org...

Now, I don't have room to post my starter in this post, so I'll put it in my next one XD

------

Edit.

I really should stop wording sentences like that.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:34:38 AM
At 4/30/2014 11:32:19 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Great job so far!

The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:10:48 PM
That was awesome. The way you portray TUF reminds me of Kirk at the beginning of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Very well done. Very true to the TNG-esque elements of the series. I like how I am Guinan-like, but that I am not a Guinan clone. A++. Me gusta mucho.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:24:18 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:10:48 PM, bsh1 wrote:
That was awesome. The way you portray TUF reminds me of Kirk at the beginning of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Haha yeah, I was kind of going for that :)

Very well done. Very true to the TNG-esque elements of the series. I like how I am Guinan-like, but that I am not a Guinan clone. A++. Me gusta mucho.

Thank you! I already know how you're gonna work in this plot :P

I think you're gonna like it :)
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:28:11 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:15:21 PM, Mikal wrote:
this was killer

Thanks!
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:28:38 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:24:18 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Great minds must think alike, after all :) It definitely came across, and my nerdy self is ridiculously happy that you went for that rather obscure connection.

I am certain I will like it. This totally appeals to the trekkie within me.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:30:30 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:23:01 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
LOL. This is good! I can't wait for the action to happen!

The action is gonna be pretty good... I hope XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:33:34 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:28:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Great minds must think alike, after all :) It definitely came across, and my nerdy self is ridiculously happy that you went for that rather obscure connection.

Haha I want to include TUF more than admirals are included in normal Star Trek episodes, so I thought it made the most sense to have him be friends with Airmax.

I am certain I will like it. This totally appeals to the trekkie within me.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:35:01 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:33:34 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Haha I want to include TUF more than admirals are included in normal Star Trek episodes, so I thought it made the most sense to have him be friends with Airmax.

It works, lol. Nice tie in to the IRL series too. I look forward to Ep. 2.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:39:11 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:35:01 PM, bsh1 wrote:

It works, lol. Nice tie in to the IRL series too.

Haha it made more sense to do it that way in my mind.

I look forward to Ep. 2.

Well, part two :P I'm doing them like actual episodes. Kind of like how Doctor Who used to do a "series" which was kind of like an episode with multiple parts.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:41:12 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:39:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

I look forward to Ep. 2.

Well, part two :P I'm doing them like actual episodes. Kind of like how Doctor Who used to do a "series" which was kind of like an episode with multiple parts.

Okie Dokie. I look forward to Part 2 then :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:42:32 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:41:12 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/30/2014 2:39:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

I look forward to Ep. 2.

Okie Dokie. I look forward to Part 2 then :)

I might post it tomorrow :P I'm writing it right now.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:43:31 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:42:32 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

I might post it tomorrow :P I'm writing it right now.

Cool! I'll watch out for it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:47:23 PM
Loved it!

It's great!!!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:52:04 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:47:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Loved it!

It's great!!!

Thanks!
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 3:04:40 PM
Haha! Awesome, I love it. Poor Romanii though ;P
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 3:13:23 PM
At 4/30/2014 3:04:40 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Haha! Awesome, I love it. Poor Romanii though ;P

Lol I needed a character like that, and Romanii was one of the guys on the crew list I didn't have a specific plan for :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9