Jump to topic:

I Hate You

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:39:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Most people on this site on dangerously, offensively retarded. It pains me to play the card that most people leaving the site play, but DDO truly has gone way downhill in the quality of members. I blame polls and opinions for the inundation of stupid and the exodus of the enlightened.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:44:17 PM
At 4/30/2014 10:39:21 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Most people on this site on dangerously, offensively retarded. It pains me to play the card that most people leaving the site play, but DDO truly has gone way downhill in the quality of members. I blame polls and opinions for the inundation of stupid and the exodus of the enlightened.

*hugs*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:44:34 PM
i dunt no wut u r talkng abut i think the membrz in this sight r fine. Th3y arent stupod mayb u are the 1 who is just stuupid. Loook at the polls sexion nd g3t educated will ya?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:46:37 PM
At 4/30/2014 10:44:34 PM, Intrepid wrote:
i dunt no wut u r talkng abut i think the membrz in this sight r fine. Th3y arent stupod mayb u are the 1 who is just stuupid. Loook at the polls sexion nd g3t educated will ya?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:55:38 PM

Based on that abhorrent agglomeration of words you have written, I must conclude that you have a genetic pre-deposition towards sub-optimal cognitive performance. You really should join me and my pretentious scholarly acquaintances in the forums section to engage in the discussion of more sophisticated matters such as whether or not deoxyribonucleic acid is present in fecal matter. Good day, sir.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:56:25 PM
At 4/30/2014 10:55:38 PM, Romanii wrote:

Based on that abhorrent agglomeration of words you have written, I must conclude that you have a genetic pre-deposition towards sub-optimal cognitive performance. You really should join me and my pretentious scholarly acquaintances in the forums section to engage in the discussion of more sophisticated matters such as whether or not deoxyribonucleic acid is present in fecal matter. Good day, sir.

Pls....
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:56:39 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:00:17 PM
At 4/30/2014 10:56:25 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Pls....

I was thinking about using "theism provides a more likely context for moral realism than atheism", but I thought this was better....
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:03:22 PM

It has changed, yes, but it is not that bad. I mean sure a lot of the interesting people may have left, but there are still quite a few still around and even noobs have become more known and good to have around. Don't shut DDO down too much dear. We all can still make this place better, maybe even better than the way it used to be. It all depends on us and what we CHOOSE to do. Ya know? So don't be too hard on DDO, please bud :)
<3! Smile!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:54:28 PM

The forums are boring now, yeah.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:58:33 PM
At 4/30/2014 11:54:28 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm offended.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:59:39 PM
At 4/30/2014 11:58:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I'm offended.

You're not the forums... thankfully :)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:01:40 AM
At 4/30/2014 11:59:39 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm offended.

I am, mostly when I'm flirting with you.

But, I am very glad that I am not boring. I can liven up your day any time. But, I'd rather do it in the PMs because, you're right, the forums are dull.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:02:45 AM
At 5/1/2014 12:01:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I'm offended.

You might be in the forums, but you're not the forums ;)

But, I am very glad that I am not boring. I can liven up your day any time. But, I'd rather do it in the PMs because, you're right, the forums are dull.

The real life of this community, I think, has gone to PM's anyway :)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:06:14 AM
At 5/1/2014 12:02:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/1/2014 12:01:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I'm offended.

You might be in the forums, but you're not the forums ;)

lol. I should read more carefully...

The real life of this community, I think, has gone to PM's anyway :)

Life is always most...exhilarating behind closed doors.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 1:15:33 AM

*tips fedora*

The polls are the easiest place to troll...

Do you hate me too? =P
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 4:49:36 AM

Warning grammatical errors, and misspelled word in the above comment........

No I'm joking, but if you hate it so much maybe you should try to fix the problem. Just saying.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 6:39:34 AM
I'm not ancient, but I am inclined to agree. Before I came back to DDO my conversations were long and thoughtful, now they brim with ad hominem and poor argument. I found this out after starting a thread on higher order animal rights, and having some guy say to me that I don't think animals have the right to live because I am a Christian.

I believe a solution to this problem is what ought to be considered. Ideas?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:55:11 AM

It depends on what you consider stupid and enlightened. You were enraged when I pointed out factually the Austrian school is bunk, but you posted a thread on "economic freedom" and cited the highly discredited Heritage Foundation -- and you seem to live in a black-and-white-world where we either have total freedom or tyranny.

So, I don't think you're in much of a position to talk. But yes, there are a lot of stupid people, stupid opinions, and stupid polls.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:15:01 PM
At 5/1/2014 8:55:11 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

It depends on what you consider stupid and enlightened. You were enraged when I pointed out factually the Austrian school is bunk, but you posted a thread on "economic freedom" and cited the highly discredited Heritage Foundation -- and you seem to live in a black-and-white-world where we either have total freedom or tyranny.

Another example^
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:25:23 PM
At 5/1/2014 11:15:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Another example^

Progressivedem's no idiot, dude. You saying so causes me to think that your definition of "idiot" is anyone who disagrees with you.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:51:36 PM

Another example^

Thank you for your wonderfully astute analysis.

But no, people know that I'm intelligent, but nice try, moron.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:52:16 PM
At 5/1/2014 11:25:23 PM, Romanii wrote:

Another example^

Progressivedem's no idiot, dude. You saying so causes me to think that your definition of "idiot" is anyone who disagrees with you.

This is exactly right.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:58:22 PM

Another example^

1. He posted on a thread asking for unbiased answers, "Basically, it's a bunch of bunk." Any evidence given? Nope. Any argument made? Nope.
2. He referenced an uncontroversial economic paper by the Heritage Foundation that ranks countries in an index by economic freedom in dozens of categories [lazy man's version: http://www.heritage.org...], "black-and-white-world where we either have total freedom or tyranny." This demonstrates that either a) he doesn't understand that a ranking of states from 0 to 100 isn't binary, b) he made conclusions about the study and me before even seeing the ranking, or c) just wants to be inflammatory for no reason in particular. Btw, that paper has several homologous papers from different think tanks and research groups: [http://www.freetheworld.com...], [http://media.prosperity.com...], and here's the actual paper in question: [http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com...].
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:58:34 PM
I'd rather have honest, rational people on the site. It seems like most new members are incapable of the phrase, "I was wrong. Thanks for bringing me one step closer to truth."

Instead its a cringe-worthy INTJ ego-fest with ample confirmation bias. I'm considering debating again, so hopefully there are still some bright people here who haven't been driven away yet.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:11:48 AM
At 5/1/2014 11:58:22 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Another example^

1. He posted on a thread asking for unbiased answers, "Basically, it's a bunch of bunk." Any evidence given? Nope. Any argument made? Nope.

Actually, the answer was significantly longer than that, and the thread was made my jifpop, whom I discussed these issues with extensively and to whom I've already given my answers to and backed them up -- and I've done about three or four debates on it, anyway.

But it's so wonderful that you ask questions before calling people "offensively retarded!" You're not making assumptions anything, or embodying your own damn principles, which is everything people don't like about this site.

2. He referenced an uncontroversial economic paper by the Heritage Foundation that ranks countries in an index by economic freedom in dozens of categories [lazy man's version: http://www.heritage.org...], "black-and-white-world where we either have total freedom or tyranny." This demonstrates that either a) he doesn't understand that a ranking of states from 0 to 100 isn't binary, b) he made conclusions about the study and me before even seeing the ranking, or c) just wants to be inflammatory for no reason in particular. Btw, that paper has several homologous papers from different think tanks and research groups: [http://www.freetheworld.com...], [http://media.prosperity.com...], and here's the actual paper in question: [http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com...].

1. It's always laughable that I accuse of you of citing papers from organizations that agree with you and you go on to prove my point.

2. The Heritage Foundation claimed, embarrassingly, that the Ryan budget would reduce unemployment to 2.8 percent. And it doesn't exactly help that Stephen Moore, its chief economist, predicted high inflation, soaring interest rates, etc. and was completely and hopelessly wrong.

3. Someone in that same thread pointed out your entire first post was plagiarized -- which proves the point of a thread I posted a week ago.

4. Instead of calling me out on the spot, you decided to be a coward and indirectly attack me with this ridiculous joke of a thread. Grow a pair and actually debate me, instead of calling someone who knows much more than you "offensively retarded." People like you honestly make me sick -- and it's not even that you're hopelessly ignorant; it's that you either are too stupid to realize it, or don't care enough to try to portray yourself in a better light.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:13:36 AM
At 5/1/2014 11:58:34 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I'd rather have honest, rational people on the site. It seems like most new members are incapable of the phrase, "I was wrong. Thanks for bringing me one step closer to truth."

OH THE PROJECTION.

Instead its a cringe-worthy INTJ ego-fest with ample confirmation bias. I'm considering debating again, so hopefully there are still some bright people here who haven't been driven away yet.

You're accusing someone else of confirmation bias when you cited the Heritage Foundation as a paper that agrees with the Heritage Foundation...and the other was from a site called "free world."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:44:06 AM
At 5/2/2014 12:11:48 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Actually, the answer was significantly longer than that, and the thread was made my jifpop, whom I discussed these issues with extensively and to whom I've already given my answers to and backed them up -- and I've done about three or four debates on it, anyway.

Not a valid response.

But it's so wonderful that you ask questions before calling people "offensively retarded!" You're not making assumptions anything, or embodying your own damn principles, which is everything people don't like about this site.

This thread isn't triggered by your less-than-rational posts, but by an obtuse denizen of the Politics forum.

1. It's always laughable that I accuse of you of citing papers from organizations that agree with you and you go on to prove my point.

Did you miss the part where the ranking isn't binary? The paper's data comes from these sources:
African Development Bank, Statistics Pocketbook 2013; available at http://www.afdb.org... documents/publications/afdb-statistics-pocket-book/.
African Development Bank and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, African Economic Outlook 2013; available at http://www.africaneconomicoutlook.org....
Asian Development Bank, Asian Development Outlook 2013: Asia"s Energy Challenge; available at http://www.adb.org....
""", Key Indicators for Asia and the Pacific 2013; available at http://www.adb.org... key-indicators-asia-and-pacific-2013.
Country statistical agencies, central banks, and ministries of finance, economy, and trade; avail- able at http://unstats.un.org...; http://www.census.gov... aboutus/stat_int.html; and http://www.bis.org....
Deloitte, International Tax and Business Guides, Country Highlights; available at http://www.deloitte.com....
Economist Intelligence Unit, Ltd., Country Commerce, London, U.K., 2009"2013.
""", Industry Report Financial Services, London, U.K., 2009"2013.
""", Country Report, London, U.K., 2009"2013.
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Country Strategies, 2009"2013; available
at http://www.ebrd.com....
European Commission, Eurostat, European Statistics; available at http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa....
eu/portal/page/portal/statistics/themes.
International Monetary Fund, Article IV Consultation Staff Reports, various countries, Washing-
ton, D.C., 2009"2013; available at http://www.imf.org....
""", Country Information; available at http://www.imf.org....
""", Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix, various countries, Washington, D.C., 2009"2013. """, World Economic Outlook Database, April 2013; available at http://www.imf.org...
pubs/ft/weo/2013/01/weodata/index.aspx.
Low Tax Network, various countries; available at http://www.lowtax.net....
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, OECD Economic Outlook, No. 93
(May 2013); available at http://www.keepeek.com... oecd-economic-outlook-volume-2013-issue-1_eco_outlook-v2013-1-en.
""", OECD Factbook 2013; available at http://www.oecd.org....
""", OECD Statistics Portal; available at http://stats.oecd.org....
""", OECD Web site; available at www.oecd.org/home.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Worldwide Tax Summaries; available with registration at http://www.
pwc.com/gx/en/tax/corporate-tax/worldwide-tax-summaries/taxsummaries.jhtml. Transparency International, The Corruption Perceptions Index, Berlin, Germany, 2000"2012;
available at http://cpi.transparency.org....
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, World Investment Report 2013: Global
Value Chains: Investment and Trade for Development; available at http://unctad.org...- licationWebflyer.aspx?publicationid=588.
United States Central Intelligence Agency, The World Factbook 2013; available at https://www. cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html.
United States Department of Commerce, Country Commercial Guides, Washington, D.C., 2009" 2013; available at http://www.buyusainfo.net....
United States Department of State, Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2012, released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, April 2013; available at http://www.state.... gov/j/drl/rls/ hrrpt/ humanrightsreport/index.htm#wrapper.
""", Investment Climate Statements: 2009"2013, released by the Bureau of Economic and Busi- ness Affairs; available at http://www.state.gov....
United States Trade Representative, Office of the, 2013 National Trade Estimate Report on For- eign Trade Barriers, Washington, D.C., 2013; available at http://www.ustr.gov... reports-and-publications/2013/NTE-FTB.
World Bank, World Bank World Development Indicators Online, Washington, D.C., 2013; available at http://data.worldbank.org....
""", Country Briefs and Trade-at-a-Glance (TAAG) Tables, Washington, D.C.; available at http://web.worldbank.org...~ pagePK:148956~piPK:216618~theSitePK:239071,00.html.
""", Doing Business, 2005"2014; available at www.doingbusiness.org.
World Trade Organization, Trade Policy Reviews, 1996"2013; available at http://www.wto.org....

If these sources are not enough for you, then ask people in the philosophy forum to debate you on epistemology.

2. The Heritage Foundation claimed, embarrassingly, that the Ryan budget would reduce unemployment to 2.8 percent. And it doesn't exactly help that Stephen Moore, its chief economist, predicted high inflation, soaring interest rates, etc. and was completely and hopelessly wrong.

I don't support any politician for economic and moral reasons. I'm an anarchist, ask anyone.

3. Someone in that same thread pointed out your entire first post was plagiarized -- which proves the point of a thread I posted a week ago.

I copied and pasted the abstract of the paper and provided a link in the same post. How else would you like me to provide a source?

4. Instead of calling me out on the spot, you decided to be a coward and indirectly attack me with this ridiculous joke of a thread. Grow a pair and actually debate me, instead of calling someone who knows much more than you "offensively retarded." People like you honestly make me sick -- and it's not even that you're hopelessly ignorant; it's that you either are too stupid to realize it, or don't care enough to try to portray yourself in a better light.

Ouch, my feelings are hurt. And yeah, I'll accept a good debate on nutrition science, economic freedom, open borders, education, rights enforcement agencies, human sexual selection, pickup (dating), and pornography. Wish you the best of luck :)