Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Mid(ish)term Survey results

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:37:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Total votes was 29. The last election was 84 votes and it did not have an incumbent running. So this 29 represents an estimated 1/3 of the likely voters.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:40:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 12:37:48 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Total votes was 29. The last election was 84 votes and it did not have an incumbent running. So this 29 represents an estimated 1/3 of the likely voters.

Interesting results... not a lot of surprises, though I'm happy to see a high amount of modest to strong support on the direction of DDO.
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:46:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Based on the comments, it seems that most of the concern with "site direction" is with the new moderation policy, with the runner up to that being the polls (opinions were not mentioned).

As for TUF, much of the comments (that expressed concern) are focused around things like "As a user, i haven't seen his organize anything except a few tournaments," "He has done everything so privately, I'm not even sure what he is doing, if anything," and "He's done so little."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:56:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 12:46:38 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Based on the comments, it seems that most of the concern with "site direction" is with the new moderation policy, with the runner up to that being the polls (opinions were not mentioned).

As for TUF, much of the comments (that expressed concern) are focused around things like "As a user, i haven't seen his organize anything except a few tournaments," "He has done everything so privately, I'm not even sure what he is doing, if anything," and "He's done so little."

Not surprising either... but it's interesting to see the stats. Thanks for compiling and providing the data.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 12:59:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 12:40:14 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/2/2014 12:37:48 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Total votes was 29. The last election was 84 votes and it did not have an incumbent running. So this 29 represents an estimated 1/3 of the likely voters.

Interesting results... not a lot of surprises, though I'm happy to see a high amount of modest to strong support on the direction of DDO.

I was surprised to see that TUF's support wasn't higher.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:06:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 12:59:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/2/2014 12:40:14 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/2/2014 12:37:48 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Total votes was 29. The last election was 84 votes and it did not have an incumbent running. So this 29 represents an estimated 1/3 of the likely voters.

Interesting results... not a lot of surprises, though I'm happy to see a high amount of modest to strong support on the direction of DDO.

I was surprised to see that TUF's support wasn't higher.

Opposition to "TUFs handling of DDO" is only at 25%... I think that poll is the most indicative of his support, whereas the voting odds poll is too up in the air to really determine anything. What I read from it is that TUF doesn't yet have a serious opponent (50+ % seem to think so) and that only around 13% wont vote for him. 25% are committed to him, and the other 50% are likely to vote for him unless a serious candidate (which hasn't announced yet) runs against him. Even if that does happen, it's hard to say where that 50% will put their vote. If we say half end up voting for him even with a legitimate opponent (which I think is a low estimate), then based on that poll, TUF stands with 50% of the vote already.
Debate.org Moderator
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 1:31:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Interesting results.

I was surprised slightly by the first graph in that I thought there would be less "strongly oppose." I was also surprised by the sheer volume of green compared to blue in the last graph. The middle graph was spot on, in terms of my own opinion--TUF's doing a good job.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:42:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"As a user, i haven't seen his organize anything except a few tournaments,"

Advice take, better organizational skills!

"He has done everything so privately, I'm not even sure what he is doing, if anything,"

I don't think I have really done anything in private. I have told DDO pretty much all of my major communications with juggle, their stances, etc. TBH, most of it is just waiting for them to respond. Not a whole lot of secrecy really going on on that end. Outside of that, there isn't really anything I can do in private that would make much sense in context to this lol.

"He's done so little."

I guess that is relative. I have been pushing really hard for new updates. Unfortunately, all I can claim pushing in my presidency was the voting update (which was a lot of help from the community as well), and the gender options development wise.

The tournaments I have started were an attempt to bring back attention onto debate after many members have been having issues with polls and opinions. On another note; DDOfans is awfully close to being finished. I think you guys who are into social networking and want chat features will love it, or so I hope, because I have put a lot of time into it! I am hoping it will be done within a few weeks!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 5:12:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 2:42:21 AM, TUF wrote:
"As a user, i haven't seen his organize anything except a few tournaments,"

Advice take, better organizational skills!

"He has done everything so privately, I'm not even sure what he is doing, if anything,"

I don't think I have really done anything in private. I have told DDO pretty much all of my major communications with juggle, their stances, etc. TBH, most of it is just waiting for them to respond. Not a whole lot of secrecy really going on on that end. Outside of that, there isn't really anything I can do in private that would make much sense in context to this lol.

"He's done so little."

I guess that is relative. I have been pushing really hard for new updates. Unfortunately, all I can claim pushing in my presidency was the voting update (which was a lot of help from the community as well), and the gender options development wise.

The tournaments I have started were an attempt to bring back attention onto debate after many members have been having issues with polls and opinions. On another note; DDOfans is awfully close to being finished. I think you guys who are into social networking and want chat features will love it, or so I hope, because I have put a lot of time into it! I am hoping it will be done within a few weeks!

Bring back your news show.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 7:15:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2014 5:12:47 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/2/2014 2:42:21 AM, TUF wrote:
"As a user, i haven't seen his organize anything except a few tournaments,"

Advice take, better organizational skills!

"He has done everything so privately, I'm not even sure what he is doing, if anything,"

I don't think I have really done anything in private. I have told DDO pretty much all of my major communications with juggle, their stances, etc. TBH, most of it is just waiting for them to respond. Not a whole lot of secrecy really going on on that end. Outside of that, there isn't really anything I can do in private that would make much sense in context to this lol.

"He's done so little."

I guess that is relative. I have been pushing really hard for new updates. Unfortunately, all I can claim pushing in my presidency was the voting update (which was a lot of help from the community as well), and the gender options development wise.

The tournaments I have started were an attempt to bring back attention onto debate after many members have been having issues with polls and opinions. On another note; DDOfans is awfully close to being finished. I think you guys who are into social networking and want chat features will love it, or so I hope, because I have put a lot of time into it! I am hoping it will be done within a few weeks!

Bring back your news show.

I already did, Mikal helped me co host an episode recently. We need to make another one soon though.

http://m.youtube.com...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227