Attack on DDO EPISODE TWO

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 9:57:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Thud.

A soft groan could be heard from a mess of sheets and blankets, upset by the fact that his picture frame fell over on his bookshelf, and onto the floor. It was still early in the morning, and the noises were trying to wake him up from his pleasant dreams. The mass of blankets shifted a little, settling back down into sleep.

Thud.

The mess of sheets stirred once again, this time the sleepy, disheveled head of Mikal emerging from the mess. His hand came up to his face, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he took his first, half-awake look around his room of the day. Grogginess tugged at his attention span, and he rolled over in bed, slapping around his bedside table for his clock to see what time it was. Confusion set in when he didn"t feel it in its normal spot. He looked down on the floor, surprised to see it lying next to a picture frame he kept on his bookshelf. He picked up the clock, dismissing the thought of how the two items ended up on the floor while he confirmed it was still eight a.m. on a Saturday. He groaned, not wanting to be up that early, and laid back down in bed.

Thud.

This time he felt it; an audible rumble as the entire ground trembled lightly, then was still again. Everything on his bookshelves shook from the unexplained quake, this time a book finding a new home on the floor. Something clearly wasn"t right. Mikal got out of bed, changing out of his pajamas into regular clothes before running down the steps, looking for either his brother or his dad. "Hey, what"s going on?" he called out, walking out onto his front porch, trying to see if his dad"s police cruiser was in the driveway, before taking a quick glance at the sky and stopping in his tracks.

The sky was already cloudy to begin with, but between the clouds and the massive planes flying overhead, no sky could be seen. Large planes flew in formation, people parachuting out the back of each one every few seconds, while small planes darted in between their larger brethren, engaging in aerial combat. One such smaller plane tore apart in midair, spiraling downwards and crashing into his neighbor"s home with a fiery explosion.

"Mikal!"

His name being shouted dragged his attention back to reality as he turned back to his own home, watching his brother run out the front door, tossing Mikal his jacket and running toward Mikal"s truck, the keys in his hands. "Come on, we gotta find dad." YYW said, climbing into the driver"s seat and sticking the key into the ignition. Mikal followed, so many questions floating around in his head. "YYW, what"s going on?" Mikal asked, not even having time to put his seatbelt on before YYW started driving, occasionally leaning forward over the dashboard to look up at the sky. "I have no idea"" his brother said softly, focusing on the road. Mikal reached into his pocket, grabbing his phone to call his dad, frowned. "I got no service!" he said, shoving his phone back into his pocket. "Try the radio." His brother suggested, still focusing on navigating the debris-filled streets. Mikal nodded, not having thought of that, and turned the radio on to hear nothing. He flipped through a few of the different channels, not hearing anything, before changing the radio from FM to AM. Still no change. "Nothing!" he declared, leaning back in his seat as the sound of police sirens started filling his ears. A lone police cruiser was driving head on at them. "Look, right in front of us!" Mikal called out, pointing at the oncoming cruiser. Both cars screeched to a halt, Airmax leaning out the driver"s side of the cruiser, looking at YYW. "Stay on my a**!" Airmax shouted from his cruiser, getting only a nod in reply from YYW before speeding off down the road, siren blaring and YYW following.

The situation around them was getting progressively worse, very rapidly. The soldiers who were parachuting down from the planes were getting closer to the ground and beginning to land around them. One was descending right in front of them, and started firing on the police cruiser with his machine gun. Bullets rained down onto the police cruiser, causing Airmax to duck down to avoid getting shot. The bullets kept coming, though, shattering the windshield and puncturing the front left tire. "Hang on!" YYW called, stepping on the gas and nudging the back of Airmax"s car, pushing him forward and into the descending soldier. The soldier slammed hard against the punctured windshield, rolling over the car and onto the pavement.

The nudge didn"t exactly make Airmax"s life any easier, though. Combine that with his now flat tire, and he quickly spun out of control, slamming into a parked car.
Mikal and YYW pulled up next to Airmax"s crashed cruiser. Mikal was the first one to hop out of the car, running to his father, who was slow to get out of the car. "Dad! Are you okay? What do we do?" Mikal asked, trying to get any kind of reassurance from his father. Airmax smiled at him, but looked at YYW, whose face was cold and emotionless in focus. "YYW, remember our old hunting cabin? You and Mikal need to head there. No one else knows about it other than us." YYW nodded simply, already heading back to the truck. Mikal wasn"t so quick to move, though. "Wait, dad, you"re coming with us, right? You gotta come with us!" Mikal said, worrying about his father. All Airmax did in response was laugh. "I can"t. I got a job to do. But I"ll be fine, and I"ll join you later on. Now go." He said, looking around to make sure they were still safe there. "What? No! You gotta come with us!" Mikal protested, but was dragged back to the truck by his larger, stronger, older brother. "Come on Mikal, Dad"ll be fine. We gotta get going!" Mikal sighed, knowing it was futile to fight that point. All he could do was stare out the window at his father, standing with his sidearm drawn, ducking behind his squad car as gunfire erupted nearby.

"Wait, YYW! We gotta find my friends!" Mikal said, causing YYW to groan softly. Driving around in this setting was seriously dangerous, and if they got caught in a place where they couldn"t get away, they could be in serious trouble. But there would be no end to the complaining if he didn"t try, so he simply shook his head slowly before nodding. "Okay, where am I going?" YYW asked, driving down the road to an intersection. "This right!" Mikal said, pointing at the turn just as YYW was about to pass it, causing him to jerk the wheel hard and bringing them face to face with a large group of enemy soldiers, an empty truck blocking the road. YYW swore under his breath, jerking the wheel into the lawn of a home and driving through their fence, into their backyard. "Hang on!" he called, the truck bouncing up and down over various lawn ornaments as they were preparing to go through another fence into a bordering backyard. Mikal sat up in his seat, trying to get an idea of what was on the other side, and widened his eyes in surprise. "Pool!" he called out in warning. "Huh?" YYW asked as the truck crashed through the fence. YYW cursed again, this time louder than the last, before jerking the wheel to the side to narrowly avoid diving into the pool. The two brothers drove through another fence, this time running head into an entire line of trucks with enemy troops. YYW spun the wheel hard, bringing the truck slamming its side into the other truck.

--- (cont.) ---
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 9:59:03 AM
--- (cont.) ---

Now completely at a stop, YYW used this moment to catch his breath and take a look around him, trying to gauge the situation and what needed to happen. In front of them was just another line of troops and trucks, so there was no going that way. Going back the way they came didn"t seem possible, so he threw the truck into reverse. "Mikal!" a voice called from one of the houses, and a few nervous heads poked out of hiding. "Hey, it"s my friends." Mikal said, leaning his head out the window, gesturing for them to come. YYW grimaced as some of the soldiers around them were starting to take notice and were raising their weapons. "They gotta hurry, because we need to move now." He said, putting his foot on the gas, causing the truck to shoot in reverse. "Run! Jump in!" Mikal encouraged as his friends, ClassicRobert, Wylted, and thett3 scrambled as quickly as they could toward the truck in reverse. ClassicRobert and Wylted were the closest of the two, and they both jumped into the bed of the truck, laying low to avoid sliding around too much. Thett3 had the furthest run, though, and the truck was starting to outpace him. "Run thett! Run!" Mikal yelled as YYW spun the car around quickly, switching it from reverse into forward drive, and killing his momentum for long enough that thett3 could catch up, jumping into the bed of the truck as well. "We"re all in!" Robert called from the back, the queue for YYW to punch it. The truck sped off, away from the enemy troops.

It was only a few intersections later that the sounds of engines other than theirs returned. This time it was a pair of cars, not military trucks. They both stopped, causing YYW to stop as well. The driver of the lead car opened his door and got out, looking at Mikal with a lost and bewildered look. "Hey, that"s Daytona!" Wylted said, sounding fairly excited. "Wasn"t he running for Student Council president or something like that?" thett asked, which only earned a shrug from Robert in response. "Mikal, what do we do?!" Daytona asked, shock and concern coating his voice. "Just follow us!" Mikal replied, earning a nod from Daytona as he got back in his car. Together, the three cars sped off into the wilderness, free from pursuit for now.

-----

Link to Previous Episodes:

Episode One - http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:06:45 PM
"Stay on my a**!" Airmax shouted from his cruiser, getting only a nod in reply from YYW before speeding off down the road, siren blaring and YYW following.

ROTFL!!!

Great as usual! Keep it up! :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:15:50 PM
At 5/3/2014 12:57:18 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, I'm hooked. This was exciting! And written amazingly well!

Keep them coming, Zaradi!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 6:05:16 PM
Sweet!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:43:25 PM
Zaradi's stylistics are very weak for a native speaker to the degree that around paragraph two I started imagining a mechanical robot narrating the events as opposed to an author with a flow and creative imagination.

He begins each paragraph with a general term, sometimes conveyed with a "The" like in "The situation" or "His" like in "His name." That works for one paragraph, but he did that for every paragraph but the last one.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:45:43 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:43:25 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Zaradi's stylistics are very weak for a native speaker to the degree that around paragraph two I started imagining a mechanical robot narrating the events as opposed to an author with a flow and creative imagination.

He begins each paragraph with a general term, sometimes conveyed with a "The" like in "The situation" or "His" like in "His name." That works for one paragraph, but he did that for every paragraph but the last one.

Lol these things aren't meant to be expositions in great writing, they're meant for entertainment value. Let Zaradi have fun, dude
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:47:07 PM
As a general rule, if you're using many 'ings' such as "dismissing" or "now asking" or "rubbing his eyes", go back a few steps and try to sound more eloquent with less "ings," as those are very mundane and not really good for your description.

Moreover, if someone is f*ckin waking up slowly from his bed, it makes sense to use longer sentences to convey the slowmotion framework or the emphasis on that moment. While if someone is in a hurry, it makes sense to use shorter sentences with many words jumbled together (not to the point of nonsense, though).
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:56:59 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:45:43 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/3/2014 7:43:25 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Lol these things aren't meant to be expositions in great writing, they're meant for entertainment value. Let Zaradi have fun, dude

Zaradi is like my little brother. If I don't teach him how to do things properly, I would fail to be my brother's keeper.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 7:59:37 PM
Oh, and YYW's persona is quite off. He is actually one of the sissies who would take and take your bullying until he finally explodes and runs to the teacher with tears in his eyes.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:13:02 PM
At 5/3/2014 7:59:37 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Oh, and YYW's persona is quite off. He is actually one of the sissies who would take and take your bullying until he finally explodes and runs to the teacher with tears in his eyes.

Good thing I'm not trying to personify YYW then, rather I've made a character and given it the name YYW.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:14:01 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:13:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Good thing I'm not trying to personify YYW then, rather I've made a character and given it the name YYW.

A character named YYW? That's a stupid name. Nobody in the world is called YYW.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:14:49 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:14:01 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Everyone's a critic...
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:16:59 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:14:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Everyone's a critic...

So what? That doesn't make good critics unimportant. Everyone's a scientist too in some way or another.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:18:23 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:16:59 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Everyone's a critic...

That doesn't make good critics unimportant.

You know where I can find one?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:18:46 PM

Uhh... How are you so sure? I met someone whose name was Jackassalal before. Legit.

There could be someone in the world whose name is YYW. It is possible.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:19:55 PM
@Zaradi & Niqash,

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty.

Let's put this aside and continue on wasting time on the internet...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:20:30 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:18:46 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Uhh... How are you so sure? I met someone whose name was Jackassalal before. Legit.

There isn't. Google it. You'll just get one Chinese girl on Devainart who uses it as an acronym for Yeah Yeah Wooh.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:21:22 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:18:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/3/2014 8:16:59 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Everyone's a critic...

That doesn't make good critics unimportant.

You know where I can find one?

Lesson 1: Never ask open-ended questions if you don't want to get owned.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:21:42 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:20:30 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

There isn't. Google it. You'll just get one Chinese girl on Devainart who uses it as an acronym for Yeah Yeah Wooh.

the internet isn't always right dude so google doesn't prove ANYTHING
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:22:16 PM

Dude, there are billions of people in the world. It is POSSIBLE that someone could be named YYW.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:23:08 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:21:42 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

the internet isn't always right dude so google doesn't prove EVERYTHING

+1
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:27:08 PM
Perhaps because of my experiences with YYW, I find it hard to believe that he can actually be part of any heroism, especially one that doesn't involve daring to go with purple fingernails to school when it's out of fashion. While I find Mikal's character quite accurate and rightfully personified to some degree.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:28:37 PM
Most yellow books are found on Google. It's not of my interest if there exists someone called YYW in the Amazon jungle chanting "Heega heega" with his tribe as they dance around a fire. I'm saying that "YYW" is not a common character name, and probably not the names of other characters.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:31:49 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:28:37 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I'm saying that "YYW" is not a common character name,
That makes more sense.

You said this before

Which I was trying to disprove
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:32:55 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:31:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
That makes more sense.

You said this before

"Nobody in the world" is a clear exaggeration. It's like saying "Nothing is in the fridge" when you can't find a kitkat bar.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 8:35:09 PM
At 5/3/2014 8:32:55 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/3/2014 8:31:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
That makes more sense.

You said this before

"Nobody in the world" is a clear exaggeration. It's like saying "Nothing is in the fridge" when you can't find a kitkat bar.

I was just trying to say that it is possible to have that name. You went all weirdo bro and started telling me to google it.

P

-END OF THIS DISCUSSION-
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY