Star Debate Season 1 E1 p3: The Sendoff

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 10:53:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 2: http://www.debate.org...

"Romanii!" A voice came from behind him. Romanii turned to see Oncoming Storm running at him. "I need your help."

"What is it?" Romanii responded.

"Philo got locked in the cargo bay."

"The locks aren't responding?"

"Not as far as I can tell. I just know that they're not opening, and I'm not an engineer. That's why I came to get you."

"Alright, we'll go get him then," Romanii said as he passed Oncoming. It was extremely unusual for cargo bay doors to do that, especially when the ship was just commissioned that day. He hit his comm badge and said, "Juan, I need you to send another engineer to go help in cargo bay 3. One of the security officers is locked in cargo bay 4, and they need me to work on it."

"Alright," Juan responded. "I'll be up in a second to help you."

"Thanks, I'll see you there," Romanii said before tapping off his comm badge. They got to the door, and he pulled his tricorder out. As he scanned it, the issue continued to grow. He started mumbling to himself, "That's not good."

"What's wrong?" Oncoming asked.

Romanii pushed him off for a second and said, "This can't be possible. This would have to be sabotage."

Oncoming pulled his phaser out and noticing that there really wasn't anything to be afraid of in the moment, said, "Just in case they're still around."

Romanii looked him and saw Juan running up from behind him. "What is it?" He asked.

"You're gonna need to see this," Romanii responded handing him the tricorder.

Juan took a look at it and started pacing as he read. He brushed his hand through his hair and said, "I'm gonna need to go back to the engine room to get something that can even begin to fix this."

"What do we do about Philo?" Oncoming asked.

"Just teleport him out," Juan responded as if it was painfully obvious.

"Oh, right."

Romanii walked with Oncoming to the transport room to make sure he knew what he was doing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airmax paced in front of the seats. He glanced at Mike and realized that he hadn't even bothered to see if Wylted was going on duty any time soon. Wylted was the counselor and was supposed to be in the seat to the left of the captain's chair.

Airmax turned his head back and started focusing on the issue. Someone tampered with the cargo bay doors, and now one of his security officers was stuck in there. Blade insisted at first that it wasn't the Oronians, but unless the ship was already falling apart, it had to be. They must have set something in the doors loose or just straight up broke it.

"Sir, the Oronians are hailing us," Linkish said interrupting Airmax's thinking.

He turned and looked at the screen as he said, "On screen."

Irrow's face appeared on the screen, but it was different this time. It was more serious. "Hello, captain," Irrow said in something of a growl.

"Have you finished?" Airmax asked keeping his composure. He knew the last shuttle was already on their way back, but he didn't want to instigate anything between him and the Oronians.

"I'm issuing an ultimatum," Irrow started and seeing Airmax's confusion, continued, "I've planted an anti-matter bomb in one of your cargo bays. If you go out of range from this station, it will explode. If you attempt to attack the station, we have a planetary defense system that will destroy your ship entirely. You have ten minutes to hand over the Enforcer to me, or I will destroy you."

The screen went black.

Airmax didn't even know what to think.

"They were pretty serious about that," Linkish said looking at his panel. He looked back up and added, "They weren't lying. They have canons coming I to range that would destroy our shields in one shot. Our ship would be torn in half in two shots."

"Evacuate the main section," Airmax ordered. "Signal the red alert and prepare for a saucer separation. If we can't find a way to get the bomb off in eight minutes separate us, and we'll get as far away as we can."

"Working on it," Linkish said tapping frantically at his panel.

"Airmax, we have a problem," Romanii said over the comm badge.

Airmax tapped his badge and answered, "I could've told you that. What's the problem on your side?"

"We can't get Philo out of the cargo bay. The Oronians are flooding our ship with a dampening field. It's already too dense. There's no way we can get it off internally."

There went Airmax's only plan. He was going to teleport everything in the cargo bay into space. That wasn't an option anymore.

"Get up to the saucer section, we're going to separate," Airmax said sadly to them.

"Sir, what about Philo?" Romanii asked, sounding legitimately concerned.

"I don't have much of a choice. Is it wrong to abandon the life of one man if it saves the lives of many?"

There was silence then Romanii finally answered, "On our way, sir."

Airmax tapped his badge and let out a heavy breath. This couldn't be happening to him. First mission and he had to sacrifice a crew member already. He promised himself he would never let that happen, and if it were necessary, it would be him.

"We can try breaking the doors open," Mike said standing up from his seat.

"Yeah, you could do that to my office, but the cargo bay doors are reinforced by at least three times!" Airmax yelled out of frustration for his situation. "We can't risk anymore lives than necessary."

Mike backed off at that and sat down.

Airmax continued to walk around and debate about what could be done. Well, he had to tell Philo. He reached his hand up, and it hovered over his comm badge. He let out a breath and tapped it. He was about to report to someone they were going to die. "Philo, this is Airmax."

"What is it, Captain?" Philo responded.

"The Oronians put an antimatter bomb in one of the shuttle bays. They've made it impossible for us to beam you out," Airmax paused then continued, "We're detaching the saucer section. I'm sorry, but we have to leave you."

There was a long silence over the comm badge, then all that Philo said was, "Understood, sir."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 12:06:26 PM
I just want to thank Romanii for his concern and reassure Airmax that he's doing the right thing. Will somebody please stop by to feed my cats?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 1:46:16 PM
At 5/3/2014 12:06:26 PM, philochristos wrote:
I just want to thank Romanii for his concern and reassure Airmax that he's doing the right thing. Will somebody please stop by to feed my cats?

Just wait till the next episode haha. I'm posting it tomorrow if I get a chance.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 2:23:07 PM
Whoa, this is some grade - A stuff right here. Humor, Drama, Intrigue and Betrayal!!

I was right about their tendency of leaving cloaked gifts, but horribly mistaken on the nature of the gift. I am so sorry Philo, if I had just held back my opinion... I beg your forgiveness for my foolhardy mistake.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:35:30 PM
At 5/3/2014 2:23:07 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Whoa, this is some grade - A stuff right here. Humor, Drama, Intrigue and Betrayal!!

Thanks! :)
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:37:52 PM
At 5/3/2014 3:35:30 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Your welcome.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:39:56 PM
At 5/3/2014 3:37:52 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Your welcome.

Lol :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:41:01 PM
At 5/3/2014 3:39:56 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Your welcome.

Oh yeah that reminds me, this is awesome :)
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 3:41:52 PM
At 5/3/2014 3:41:01 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/3/2014 3:39:56 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Your welcome.

Oh yeah that reminds me, this is awesome :)

Lol thanks Linkish XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 5:01:52 PM
At 5/3/2014 1:46:16 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Just wait till the next episode haha. I'm posting it tomorrow if I get a chance.

You write awesomely and fast. I like you already. :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:59:45 PM
At 5/3/2014 5:01:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/3/2014 1:46:16 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

You write awesomely and fast. I like you already. :)

Haha thanks :)
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9