Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:21:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/3/2014 10:59:12 PM, Cin wrote:
the title says it all yo... ;/

You okay? :/
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:23:34 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:21:08 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

yeah ;/
Food is life, brah
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:36:23 PM

It gets better.

Even if people don't appreciate you right now, high school is a strange environment. Everyone finds a group of people who appreciates them for them in college.

Watch this video --------------------------------->
Seriously
Do it
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:39:02 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:36:23 PM, bluesteel wrote:

It gets better.

Even if people don't appreciate you right now, high school is a strange environment. Everyone finds a group of people who appreciates them for them in college.

Watch this video --------------------------------->
Seriously
Do it

i love this. thanks <3
Food is life, brah
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:40:33 PM

It gets better.

For me this happened in high school. I was pretty much ostracized in middle school, and so finding a niche in the Speech and Debate team was awesome.

I know tons of people who are undergoing similar niche-finding experiences in college. @Cin - no one is alone forever.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:41:29 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:40:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

It gets better.

For me this happened in high school. I was pretty much ostracized in middle school, and so finding a niche in the Speech and Debate team was awesome.

I know tons of people who are undergoing similar niche-finding experiences in college. @Cin - no one is alone forever.

Agree with the above :)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:44:05 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:41:29 PM, thett3 wrote:

It gets better.

Unless you're thett. Then no one loves you.

<3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:45:00 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:44:05 PM, Zaradi wrote:

It gets better.

<3

True, but if you aren't me you're okay. See Cin, you've got nothing to worry about!!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:47:15 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:23:34 PM, Cin wrote:

yeah ;/

Your profile makes it seem like you're a really social person with a lot of activities that keep you busy. Why do you feel so alone at the moment?

If you're not comfortable talking about this here, feel free to PM me. Everyone needs to have someone to talk to sometimes.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:49:13 PM

It gets better.

Find my niche I shall, thanks for helping me
Food is life, brah
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:50:22 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:45:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/3/2014 11:44:05 PM, Zaradi wrote:

It gets better.

<3

True, but if you aren't me you're okay. See Cin, you've got nothing to worry about!!
haha thanks thett
Food is life, brah
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:50:54 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:49:13 PM, Cin wrote:

It gets better.

Sure thing. And it's not just something you should do IRL, but also on DDO. I mostly debate, but am active in mafia as the mod for the beginners' series. Those are my niches.

Everyone finds their niche(s) eventually, and then it's much smoother sailing (usually).
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:53:41 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:50:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:

It gets better.

Sure thing. And it's not just something you should do IRL, but also on DDO. I mostly debate, but am active in mafia as the mod for the beginners' series. Those are my niches.

Everyone finds their niche(s) eventually, and then it's much smoother sailing (usually).
maybe i can join one of your mafias? ive been wanting to
Food is life, brah
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 11:54:06 PM
At 5/3/2014 11:47:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/3/2014 11:23:34 PM, Cin wrote:

yeah ;/

Your profile makes it seem like you're a really social person with a lot of activities that keep you busy. Why do you feel so alone at the moment?

If you're not comfortable talking about this here, feel free to PM me. Everyone needs to have someone to talk to sometimes.
i will thanks
Food is life, brah
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:00:55 AM
At 5/3/2014 11:53:41 PM, Cin wrote:
At 5/3/2014 11:50:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:

It gets better.

maybe i can join one of your mafias? ive been wanting to

Sure thing! I will sign you up for the next beginners' series when it starts. It should start in around 10 days or so.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:16:05 AM

Except me. I will be alone forever. I don't really mind though. As setbacks in life go, I'm super glad it's not worse.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 12:17:24 AM
At 5/4/2014 12:16:05 AM, larztheloser wrote:

Except me. I will be alone forever. I don't really mind though. As setbacks in life go, I'm super glad it's not worse.

That makes me want to hug you larz...Hopefully you're okay with a platonic hug from a gay guy, because you're getting one.

*hugs*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 2:23:39 AM
At 5/4/2014 2:19:56 AM, Defro wrote:
As long as you have one good friend, you're good. Sometimes, having one close friend is better than having several friends.

Sometimes, being self-sustaining is best. You learn more, and you are also less effected by your friendship issues.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 6:32:30 AM
But in all seriousness, there's no reason to ever be this sad about anything. Things happen in life that make us sad sometimes, maybe even make us depressed at times. There will be times when you look back at everything you've done in life, all of your achievements and failures, all of the fond memories and the harsh moments, and not understand the point of any of it. If it gets particularly bad, you may even question what you're still doing on this earth, and if you even deserve to be here anymore; that death is preferable to life in your case and as much as people tell you to keep trying, and that it will get better eventually, you just lack the energy to keep trying; you're just tired, after all. You're tired of having to deal with hard times, and tired of having to be sad.

We've all experienced hard times. We've all had misfortune fall upon us. We've all struggled, failed, fallen down and just not wanted to get back up again. We wouldn't be human if we haven't made mistakes at one point or another. And dealing with things that happen to us, whether they are within our control or outside of our control, is just a part of living life. As ironic as this will be coming from me, it's still the truth: life isn't about avoiding bad times and suffering. It's going to happen, no matter how fast or far you run. Life is about embracing the events that have come to your life, whether they be good or bad, and growing from it. Taking everything that happens to you, all the good memories and bad ones, and learning from your actions, learning from others actions, and becoming a better person for doing so.

I don't know what's going on with you. I'm not going to pretend to know what the circumstances are. But I understand how you're feeling very well. I may or may not have experienced the same exact events you have, but I know the after-effect well. It's something I've struggled with all of my life, and still continue to struggle with to this very day. It's not a fun thing to admit, as I've been living in blissful ignorance for a long time now. But there are others who are dealing with a lot of the same things you are right now, maybe even exactly the same things. You never know.

I have two reasons for making this post. The first being to talk to someone. Like I said, as alone as you may feel at times, you actually aren't alone. Even when you're sitting alone in your room, staring at a computer screen and wondering if anyone would care if you dropped off the face of the earth, there are still those out there who keep you in their thoughts fondly. There are still those out there who, when they hear your name mentioned, recall a fond memory, or when they are asked if they know you, will smile and reply with "Oh yeah, he's a good friend of mine". You may not even realize that they're there, but they are. There are plenty of people here who are willing to help you through anything you're going through, even willing to float you money if you're in need of a meal. Talk to someone, just vent for a while, as cliche as it may sound.

And if you don't want to talk to someone on here, that's totally understandable. We're just a bunch of random whacko's on the internet, why would you share something personal and sensitive with us when you don't even know who we are? It's an entirely understandable view, and none of us will be offended if this is the case. If this is the case, however, you need to talk to someone else, someone you know. Whether it be a parent or a friend or just someone you know who you think would listen, or even just go seek professional counseling. So long as you talk to someone about what you're going through, it will help.

The second point of making this post is to tell you to not give up yet. Resolve to do this: keep going for another day. Just one day. And if you haven't decided that you're done with everything, that you want to end it all right then and right there, to try another day. Then another. Soon you'll be weeks, months, even years later down the road, and the problems you were experiencing then may have even resolved themselves by now, or you may have resolved them yourself. But you never would've experienced it had you given up when you felt down and alone.

And as alone as you may feel, you really aren't. There's always going to be those that support you, regardless of what may happen to you. It may not even be that obvious to see: you have that friend who's always willing to give you a ride somewhere if you need it. You have the friend who's always down to play a game with you when you have some time to kill and just want to relax a bit. It's small things like this that show a desire to see you succeed, to want you to be happy and satisfied with yourself. It may not be a cheesy, corny, movie-like display of dramatic emotions and a tear-filled "I'll always be here for you, friend" moment, but the effect is the same: you have people around you who are going to support you through thick and thin, whether you realize it or not.

I hope you feel well soon.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 12:17:11 PM
At 5/4/2014 6:32:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:
But in all seriousness, there's no reason to ever be this sad about anything. Things happen in life that make us sad sometimes, maybe even make us depressed at times. There will be times when you look back at everything you've done in life, all of your achievements and failures, all of the fond memories and the harsh moments, and not understand the point of any of it. If it gets particularly bad, you may even question what you're still doing on this earth, and if you even deserve to be here anymore; that death is preferable to life in your case and as much as people tell you to keep trying, and that it will get better eventually, you just lack the energy to keep trying; you're just tired, after all. You're tired of having to deal with hard times, and tired of having to be sad.

We've all experienced hard times. We've all had misfortune fall upon us. We've all struggled, failed, fallen down and just not wanted to get back up again. We wouldn't be human if we haven't made mistakes at one point or another. And dealing with things that happen to us, whether they are within our control or outside of our control, is just a part of living life. As ironic as this will be coming from me, it's still the truth: life isn't about avoiding bad times and suffering. It's going to happen, no matter how fast or far you run. Life is about embracing the events that have come to your life, whether they be good or bad, and growing from it. Taking everything that happens to you, all the good memories and bad ones, and learning from your actions, learning from others actions, and becoming a better person for doing so.

I don't know what's going on with you. I'm not going to pretend to know what the circumstances are. But I understand how you're feeling very well. I may or may not have experienced the same exact events you have, but I know the after-effect well. It's something I've struggled with all of my life, and still continue to struggle with to this very day. It's not a fun thing to admit, as I've been living in blissful ignorance for a long time now. But there are others who are dealing with a lot of the same things you are right now, maybe even exactly the same things. You never know.

I have two reasons for making this post. The first being to talk to someone. Like I said, as alone as you may feel at times, you actually aren't alone. Even when you're sitting alone in your room, staring at a computer screen and wondering if anyone would care if you dropped off the face of the earth, there are still those out there who keep you in their thoughts fondly. There are still those out there who, when they hear your name mentioned, recall a fond memory, or when they are asked if they know you, will smile and reply with "Oh yeah, he's a good friend of mine". You may not even realize that they're there, but they are. There are plenty of people here who are willing to help you through anything you're going through, even willing to float you money if you're in need of a meal. Talk to someone, just vent for a while, as cliche as it may sound.

And if you don't want to talk to someone on here, that's totally understandable. We're just a bunch of random whacko's on the internet, why would you share something personal and sensitive with us when you don't even know who we are? It's an entirely understandable view, and none of us will be offended if this is the case. If this is the case, however, you need to talk to someone else, someone you know. Whether it be a parent or a friend or just someone you know who you think would listen, or even just go seek professional counseling. So long as you talk to someone about what you're going through, it will help.

The second point of making this post is to tell you to not give up yet. Resolve to do this: keep going for another day. Just one day. And if you haven't decided that you're done with everything, that you want to end it all right then and right there, to try another day. Then another. Soon you'll be weeks, months, even years later down the road, and the problems you were experiencing then may have even resolved themselves by now, or you may have resolved them yourself. But you never would've experienced it had you given up when you felt down and alone.

And as alone as you may feel, you really aren't. There's always going to be those that support you, regardless of what may happen to you. It may not even be that obvious to see: you have that friend who's always willing to give you a ride somewhere if you need it. You have the friend who's always down to play a game with you when you have some time to kill and just want to relax a bit. It's small things like this that show a desire to see you succeed, to want you to be happy and satisfied with yourself. It may not be a cheesy, corny, movie-like display of dramatic emotions and a tear-filled "I'll always be here for you, friend" moment, but the effect is the same: you have people around you who are going to support you through thick and thin, whether you realize it or not.

I hope you feel well soon.

Just wanted to let you know that reading this just made my day :D
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 12:28:43 PM

Hang in there... you'll be alright!
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."