Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

What world did you dream of when little?

ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:20:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

Peaceful where everyone could love each other and all the and people would be put away.

Then when me was around seven i was jolted awake.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Posts: 36,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:37:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools

I had plenty of friends as a kid... just what exactly is your point?
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:40:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 9:37:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools

I had plenty of friends as a kid... just what exactly is your point?

Just making a society observation. Maybe the culture was different when you went to school, but I typically don't see many homosexual people with lots of male friends.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:44:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 9:40:26 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:37:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools

I had plenty of friends as a kid... just what exactly is your point?

Just making a society observation. Maybe the culture was different when you went to school, but I typically don't see many homosexual people with lots of male friends.

Jif, here's some unsolicited advice: Just shut the fvck up.
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:47:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 9:44:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:40:26 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:37:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools

I had plenty of friends as a kid... just what exactly is your point?

Just making a society observation. Maybe the culture was different when you went to school, but I typically don't see many homosexual people with lots of male friends.

Jif, here's some unsolicited advice: Just shut the fvck up.

Ignore the observation if you want. Or you could debate and disprove it. Are you disagreeing that its harder for homosexuals to make male friends? Kids are worried about their popularity and reputation, but you would know better then me.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:47:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 9:47:22 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:44:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:40:26 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:37:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools

I had plenty of friends as a kid... just what exactly is your point?

Just making a society observation. Maybe the culture was different when you went to school, but I typically don't see many homosexual people with lots of male friends.

Jif, here's some unsolicited advice: Just shut the fvck up.

Ignore the observation if you want. Or you could debate and disprove it. Are you disagreeing that its harder for homosexuals to make male friends? Kids are worried about their popularity and reputation, but you would know better then me.

*facepalm*
Tsar of DDO
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:11:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I dreamed of a ton of worlds... I couldn't possibly list them all off.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Intrepid
Posts: 372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:57:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lollipops for trees, unicorns prancing across the rainbow meadows next to the city buildings made of chocolate. When it rained drops of fruit punch fell from the sky, when it hailed jawbreakers of all colors fell, when it snowed scoops of icecream fell from the sky. When it was hot we would swim in lemonade and when it was cold we would drick our hot chocolate by diamond encrusted fireplace. All the men were kings and all the women were queens. We all wore different crowns but each one of us was still intrinsically special. We were all young and nobody grew old. We loved each other as we loved our family. We would race t-rexes made of cotton candy across the fields full of brightly colored flowers and large butterflies. There was no pain, no suffering, no death, disease, stress, or hopelessness. Everyone lived in a happiness that would never end.
-
-
-
-
...
-
Then I woke up
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Posts: 725
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:03:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well I always was into Politics as soon as I learned about it

I personally dreamed of a United World.
A world where no one is hungry and we have a focus on Technology and People instead of War and Money.

Where we leap for the Stars above.

Childish Dreams, but ones I hope to see humanity achieve someday.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:57:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When I was little I had a very powerful dream. A dream that I will always remember to this day. I still have that dream very frequently. A Dream of Liberty.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 12:47:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 9:47:22 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:44:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:40:26 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:37:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:34:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:22:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

I didn't really dream about the world when I was younger... just my friends, what we did and the kind of stuff that we wanted to do.

Gay people don't usually have a ton of childhood friends in today's society. Referring mostly to schools

I had plenty of friends as a kid... just what exactly is your point?

Just making a society observation. Maybe the culture was different when you went to school, but I typically don't see many homosexual people with lots of male friends.

Jif, here's some unsolicited advice: Just shut the fvck up.

Ignore the observation if you want. Or you could debate and disprove it. Are you disagreeing that its harder for homosexuals to make male friends? Kids are worried about their popularity and reputation, but you would know better then me.

I think it's a case by case thing Jif. Some homosexuals will be very popular and some won't. Most of the ones in my schools were extremely popular, but this doesn't take into account people that weren't sure of their sexuality yet and others who were in the closet because they were afraid of societies reaction.

Back on topic

I was a strange kid. I thought I was in a fake dream world, and I was always trying to secretly escape into the real world. I remember one time when I was a kid finding a board nailed to a wall to cover up a hole. I was violently ripping out the board trying to tear it off the wall. My dad yelled at me "What the fvck are you doing?" I yelled back " I'm trying to break out of this dream so I don't have to deal with you!".

So my dream world was the real world, I never did figure out what the real world was, I just knew it couldn't suck as bad as the dream I was stuck in.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 12:49:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 11:57:52 PM, bluesteel wrote:
When I was little I had a very powerful dream. A dream that I will always remember to this day. I still have that dream very frequently. A Dream of Liberty.

No, just no. I know what you're referring to and even for a libertarian that is just too much liberty.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 5:50:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

It was a dark, green world. I remember seeing it in my dreams countless times throughout my youth. I was always travelling in a tunnel, and at varying speeds. How I was travelling was never clear, but I was certainly seeming to move along at a brisk pace with no effort made on my part. As if I was being carried along. Anyways, I remember the tunnel was not dark itself, but was lined with windows that allowed for passing glimpses at the dark green forest which seemed to be surrounding whatever tunnel system I was traveling in. There were never any animals though, or other people, just myself - alone. I can recall feeling anxious a few times, wondering when my trip through this tunnel would end and what I would find or see once it did, but that never happened.

I still have that dream every once in a while. And since mastering the act of lucid dreaming I have attempted to explore it further but don't feel content... as if I know that what I am exploring is only a construct of my god-like abilities while lucid dreaming. I create the next scene, the next destination. Whereas before, when I was just a child, I had no such control and felt that whatever was in that world was there before I ever appeared in the tunnel. So it's like I'm reconstructing that world from my childhood dreams and exploring the newly reconstructed one, instead of the world that I was thrust into during my childhood dreams, against my own will.

That was the world I dreamed of when little.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 5:53:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 11:57:52 PM, bluesteel wrote:
When I was little I had a very powerful dream. A dream that I will always remember to this day. I still have that dream very frequently. A Dream of Liberty.

+1
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 9:35:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I had this one dream that I was eating a huuuuuuuge marshmallow. And when I woke up, my pillow was gone.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:48:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 10:57:23 PM, Intrepid wrote:
Lollipops for trees, unicorns prancing across the rainbow meadows next to the city buildings made of chocolate. When it rained drops of fruit punch fell from the sky, when it hailed jawbreakers of all colors fell, when it snowed scoops of icecream fell from the sky. When it was hot we would swim in lemonade and when it was cold we would drick our hot chocolate by diamond encrusted fireplace. All the men were kings and all the women were queens. We all wore different crowns but each one of us was still intrinsically special. We were all young and nobody grew old. We loved each other as we loved our family. We would race t-rexes made of cotton candy across the fields full of brightly colored flowers and large butterflies. There was no pain, no suffering, no death, disease, stress, or hopelessness. Everyone lived in a happiness that would never end.
-
-
-
-
...
-
Then I woke up

+100
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:48:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 11:03:56 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Well I always was into Politics as soon as I learned about it

I personally dreamed of a United World.
A world where no one is hungry and we have a focus on Technology and People instead of War and Money.

Where we leap for the Stars above.

Childish Dreams, but ones I hope to see humanity achieve someday.

+100
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:50:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 8:20:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:18:27 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
What kind of World did you guys Dream of when you where younger?

Government?
Etc?

Peaceful where everyone could love each other and all the bad people would be put away.

Then when I was around seven, I was jolted awake.

I hate auto-correct.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.