Purge?

Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 2:16:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Does DDO need a purge?

Anyone else see the dozen or so profiles that joined with the same profile picture? ( The Circle )

Opinions everyone!
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 2:37:06 PM
At 5/5/2014 2:16:28 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Does DDO need a purge?

Anyone else see the dozen or so profiles that joined with the same profile picture? ( The Circle )

Opinions everyone!

A purge? As in a day where we can do what we want? Or a deletion of accounts with circles? If the former, then hell yes, if the latter then no, because that is the new default picture.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 2:38:33 PM
At 5/5/2014 2:37:06 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
Does DDO need a purge?

Opinions everyone!

A purge? As in a day where we can do what we want? Or a deletion of accounts with circles? If the former, then hell yes, if the latter then no, because that is the new default picture.

Never got told that information.

Still I stand my point, need to do something, I feel like the polls and Opinions are falling apart.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 2:40:05 PM
At 5/5/2014 2:38:33 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Does DDO need a purge?

Opinions everyone!

Still I stand my point, need to do something, I feel like the polls and Opinions are falling apart.

I don't think the mass deletion of accounts will work. It doesn't stop people from posting stupid polls and stupid opinions. The best option would be moderation on them. To what extent is arguable.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 2:41:22 PM
At 5/5/2014 2:40:05 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
At 5/5/2014 2:38:33 PM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Does DDO need a purge?

Opinions everyone!

I don't think the mass deletion of accounts will work. It doesn't stop people from posting stupid polls and stupid opinions. The best option would be moderation on them. To what extent is arguable.

Sort of what I was thinking, moderation of polls and Opinions, account deletion would be extreme.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:05:50 PM
I thought it was that Flappy Joe user creating countless profiles for himself.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:07:11 PM
I'm down for a purge. I've got a list of users I want gone.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:22:26 PM
Does DDO need a purge?

Opinions everyone!

It's the default pic.
Dude... Stop...
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 3:35:07 PM
Lets start with Monty1. I've reported a dozen instances of him attacking other people outright, and he's still here. Not so much as a ban.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 4:31:49 PM
there are a couple idiots who i'd love to close their accounts and prevent them from ever coming back to ddo
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:20:29 PM
Does DDO need a purge?

Opinions everyone!

Hey guys, lets all set our avatars to circles in protest!

Just kidding. The circle is not as aesthetically pleasing as the old default avatar, but it is not going to do any harm, right?

In fact, it allows us to identify spammers easier, because it is the only avatar spammers use.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:04:01 AM
I don't think it's such a good idea. If we get rid of the circles, it's going to be squares next, and I think we're better off with circles. And heaven help us if we make the same mistake twice and get rid of the squares because the next thing will be triangles.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:06:01 AM
At 5/6/2014 12:04:01 AM, philochristos wrote:
I don't think it's such a good idea. If we get rid of the circles, it's going to be squares next, and I think we're better off with circles. And heaven help us if we make the same mistake twice and get rid of the squares because the next thing will be triangles.

lol
I may or may not be a cat