Jump to topic:

Jifpop

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:21:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jifpop has been indefinitely temp banned for several conduct violations. He ignored many warnings which culminated in my contacting him today. Rather than acknowledging this, he instead made several mass PMs, making this a public issue and justifying this thread.

I do not know how long his temp ban will be.
Debate.org Moderator
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:22:33 PM
I am very sad that jifpop has been banned today.

Let me restate that with the proper emphasis.

I am very said that jifpop has been banned *today.*

It was a long time coming and should have been ages ago.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:25:08 PM
Smh....he was one of my best DDO friends :(
If he ever does get to return, I hope he'll come back as a reformed user.
R.I.P. Jifpop09, until then.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:28:26 PM
At 5/5/2014 11:25:08 PM, Romanii wrote:
Smh....he was once among my best friends on DDO :(
If he ever does get to return, I hope he'll come back as a reformed user.
R.I.P. Jifpop09, until then.

Fix'd
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:46:01 AM
At 5/5/2014 10:21:45 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Jifpop has been indefinitely temp banned for several conduct violations. He ignored many warnings which culminated in my contacting him today. Rather than acknowledging this, he instead made several mass PMs, making this a public issue and justifying this thread.

But you don't see a good reason to ban YYW who has probably personally attacked more than five users this month?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:56:10 AM
At 5/6/2014 12:46:01 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

But you don't see a good reason to ban YYW who has probably personally attacked more than five users this month?

Every situation is unique. Even if what you say is true, the two circumstances aren't comparable. If you have a problem with a particular member you can contact me privately about it.
Debate.org Moderator
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:58:20 AM
Thank you for notifying us. I personally see this ban as a very good thing.

Still hoping the email reminder system gets improved (Jifpop broke mine with his spam).
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:40:41 AM

The PM was pretty interesting... So was he. Hopefully he comes back reformed like STALIN kind of did.
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:45:34 AM
I'm not in the loop with Jifpop's behavior, but it sounds like the conduct violation resulting in a temp. ban was warranted mostly due to PM spamming and personal attacks? I think everyone has on this site has left spam or personally attacked somebody at one point or another, but maybe the frequency of this behavior increased its severity in this case?
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:45:59 AM
At 5/6/2014 12:56:10 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Every situation is unique. Even if what you say is true, the two circumstances aren't comparable. If you have a problem with a particular member you can contact me privately about it.

Is this a roundabout way of saying this policy will only be used on problem members?

Imabench got banned for 3 days for saying faggot, and other members do worse and they get off.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:55:38 AM
At 5/6/2014 1:45:59 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 5/6/2014 12:56:10 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Is this a roundabout way of saying this policy will only be used on problem members?

For the past 2 years, bans and temp-bans of this sort have been reserved for habitual violators and that will continue to be the case. Jifpop (like other members are) was warned many times. He decided to ignore those warnings. It's very easy not to get banned or temp-banned. One has to ignore the explicit warnings and continue the behavior anyway. Today, not only were the warning ignored, but he ignored every attempt I made at having a discussion with him about it.

Imabench got banned for 3 days for saying faggot, and other members do worse and they get off.

His ban was actually longer, and it clearly had a broader context to it. Every case is unique, and can be evaluated on a case by case basis with the member's history in mind. If you feel that a member is doing something worse, be sure to let me know so I can deal with it appropriately. Also, pointing to poor behavior elsewhere, doesn't justify poor behavior in any case.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:02:14 AM
At 5/6/2014 1:45:34 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I'm not in the loop with Jifpop's behavior, but it sounds like the conduct violation resulting in a temp. ban was warranted mostly due to PM spamming and personal attacks? I think everyone has on this site has left spam or personally attacked somebody at one point or another, but maybe the frequency of this behavior increased its severity in this case?

Members make mistakes, no one has been temp-banned or banned for that. If it becomes a regular thing, they get a warning. If those warnings are ignored it becomes a more significant thing. Jifpop's conduct has been poor for a longer period of time. It's included personal attacks, threads specifically to attack members and other significant conduct violations. He was warned many times about these things and decided to ignore those warnings. Today, upon receiving a list of conduct he had violated just today (which followed an example from just the day before), rather than acknowledge the issue he decided to ignore me and send out the mass PMs instead. I think he sent out the mass PMs assuming a ban was a foregone conclusion. I can't be certain of that though, because, as I said, he refused to speak with me.
Debate.org Moderator
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:29:11 AM
Would it be rude if I asked where the cake was?

TBH, we were actually good friends and then he started pissing me off. We ended our friendship on a good note, I guess, where he apologized.

So Jif, if you see this, I hope this temp-ban allows you to take some time to think about your actions and reconsider them. I'm sure underneath it all, you're a great person and can make effective use of this site.

But seriously? I'm craving cake people.... Chocolate to be precise? No? No cake?... ;(
Annie sad.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:17:09 AM
At 5/6/2014 2:02:14 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:45:34 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

Members make mistakes, no one has been temp-banned or banned for that. If it becomes a regular thing, they get a warning. If those warnings are ignored it becomes a more significant thing. Jifpop's conduct has been poor for a longer period of time. It's included personal attacks, threads specifically to attack members and other significant conduct violations. He was warned many times about these things and decided to ignore those warnings. Today, upon receiving a list of conduct he had violated just today (which followed an example from just the day before), rather than acknowledge the issue he decided to ignore me and send out the mass PMs instead. I think he sent out the mass PMs assuming a ban was a foregone conclusion. I can't be certain of that though, because, as I said, he refused to speak with me.

He told me that you said you were going to ban him soon. That's why he sent the spam mail.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Cat_Lover
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:32:14 AM

Thanks!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:41:26 AM
At 5/6/2014 1:40:41 AM, Pitbull15 wrote:

The PM was pretty interesting... So was he. Hopefully he comes back reformed like STALIN kind of did.

And Zarroette.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:44:00 AM
At 5/6/2014 6:49:30 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:
No respect anymore. Most hypocritical thing Iv seen on this site. No respect.

May I ask why you feel that way?
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:55:59 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:44:00 AM, Romanii wrote:

Because jif was banned but not the other guy, who was primarily the cause of this. That is hypocrisy. Either ban them both or ban no one. Either everyone applies to the consequences of the "rules" or no one does.
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 9:18:46 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:41:26 AM, Romanii wrote:

And Zarroette.

...She came back?
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 10:54:40 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:55:22 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I wonder if he'll flip town or scum in spy mafia....

Lol, lets find out.

VTL Jifpop
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:00:30 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:55:59 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:

Because jif was banned but not the other guy, who was primarily the cause of this. That is hypocrisy. Either ban them both or ban no one. Either everyone applies to the consequences of the "rules" or no one does.

I actually think the other guy is a little worse than Jif. There are many people here that I would not say deserve to be banned, but would deserve a ban more than Jif did.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:03:17 AM
At 5/6/2014 9:18:46 AM, Pitbull15 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 7:41:26 AM, Romanii wrote:

And Zarroette.

...She came back?

Not yet.

Where the hell did STALIN go?
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:12:36 AM
At 5/6/2014 11:00:30 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 7:55:59 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:

I actually think the other guy is a little worse than Jif. There are many people here that I would not say deserve to be banned, but would deserve a ban more than Jif did.

Exactly.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:32:34 AM
If someone else is more deserving of reprimand (hard burden to meet, more so given his response to the moderator), that in itself does not invalidate the case in question. Imagine someone trying to quote the verdict on the R. Kelly trail as a defense... just because there may be worse offenders who were not punished, does not mean others should be tolerated.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:16:07 PM

Ban is not the solution. Stop these bans and come out with a different and better ideas to solve the issue. Ban's are ruining the site.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:21:21 PM
At 5/6/2014 12:16:07 PM, Krazzy_Player wrote:

Ban is not the solution. Stop these bans and come out with a different and better ideas to solve the issue. Ban's are ruining the site.

Banning is necessary to stop spammers and bad trolls.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 4:53:21 PM
At 5/6/2014 12:16:07 PM, Krazzy_Player wrote:

Well if you harass someones family and call them a f***t, F**ker, B**tch and spam over 30 forums posts about it. Then the ban is well deserved.

Look what it did for you