Jump to topic:

Upon going through PM's of mine

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 11:07:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I realized that there are, in the past few weeks, probably ten PM's that I just completely forgot about because I opened them but didn't have time to respond at the length I wanted to. And for that, to all affected, I apologize. If I don't reply, it's not that I'm not interested, by any measure.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:47:44 AM
At 5/5/2014 11:07:38 PM, YYW wrote:
I realized that there are, in the past few weeks, probably ten PM's that I just completely forgot about because I opened them but didn't have time to respond at the length I wanted to. And for that, to all affected, I apologize. If I don't reply, it's not that I'm not interested, by any measure.

That's a personal attack against Jfpop, and a mockery attempt to say that Jfpop's departure messages mean nothing.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:13:55 AM
At 5/6/2014 12:47:44 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

That's a personal attack against Jfpop, and a mockery attempt to say that Jfpop's departure messages mean nothing.

lol... no it's not. It's an apology to the seven or so people that I didn't reply to who sent me PM's -and this is more efficient than C/Ping a message to them.

But it's interesting that you thought that this thread even casually relates to Jifpop. It could mean that in attempting to smear me, you posted this knowing that it was nonsense. But more likely, you probably arrived at your entirely baseless conclusion because you're not especially bright. I mean, there are other possibilities... but those are the most likely.

In any event, it's a pity you're still here. On the one hand, I would be embarrassed if I were in your situation knowing what I know of you -but if I were you, I would lack the requisite self awareness to be embarrassed -so, then, I wouldn't be.

Having read that last sentence, if I were in your situation, I'd probably both apologize and be extremely ashamed of the fact that I interjected where I was incompetent -but you won't do that either. You would, instead, post some idiotic diatribe about how you were right -despite obvious incongruence with reality- and then turn this into some manifestation of your delusions of grandeur.

Invariably, now, it's possible you won't do what I said in the previous sentence -but you know you would if I hadn't said you would. So, now, you're left with three choices consistent with your typical behavior: (1) respond as you usually do with irrelevant personal attacks and futile efforts at self-justification (i.e. to continue to make a fool of yourself before us all), or (2) not respond at all because you realized that to respond as you want to right now would prove me right. There is also a third option: apologize for being bellend and we all go on with our lives... but of course that's not going to happen... or is it? After all, apologizing for being a bellend might undercut my assessment of your character, as it's the result I predicted with the least likelihood -but now that I've laid it out as an option for you, even to do that wouldn't be to rule what I've said out. I'm sure that's probably bothering you right now -as it should.

But what should really be bothering you right now is the realization that no matter what you do, you are nothing more than the product of your situation and you will never escape it unless you change yourself. And yet, to change yourself would be to imply that there was something wrong with who you are. So, you won't. Instead, you'll convince yourself of your own superiority; you'll believe the lie that you're better, brighter, more clever than you are because the lie (that perfect Dunning-Kruger manifestation) is easier to bear than the truth. Maybe you've been forced to reconcile with your inadequacy. Maybe not. Btu it won't matter, because the lie your tell yourself is useful in that it assuages the truth you subconsciously know.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:33:57 AM
At 5/6/2014 1:13:55 AM, YYW wrote:

lol... no it's not. It's an apology to the seven or so people that I didn't reply to who sent me PM's -and this is more efficient than C/Ping a message to them.

But it's interesting that you thought that this thread even casually relates to Jifpop. It could mean that in attempting to smear me, you posted this knowing that it was nonsense. But more likely, you probably arrived at your entirely baseless conclusion because you're not especially bright. I mean, there are other possibilities... but those are the most likely.

In any event, it's a pity you're still here. On the one hand, I would be embarrassed if I were in your situation knowing what I know of you -but if I were you, I would lack the requisite self awareness to be embarrassed -so, then, I wouldn't be.

Having read that last sentence, if I were in your situation, I'd probably both apologize and be extremely ashamed of the fact that I interjected where I was incompetent -but you won't do that either. You would, instead, post some idiotic diatribe about how you were right -despite obvious incongruence with reality- and then turn this into some manifestation of your delusions of grandeur.

Invariably, now, it's possible you won't do what I said in the previous sentence -but you know you would if I hadn't said you would. So, now, you're left with three choices consistent with your typical behavior: (1) respond as you usually do with irrelevant personal attacks and futile efforts at self-justification (i.e. to continue to make a fool of yourself before us all), or (2) not respond at all because you realized that to respond as you want to right now would prove me right. There is also a third option: apologize for being bellend and we all go on with our lives... but of course that's not going to happen... or is it? After all, apologizing for being a bellend might undercut my assessment of your character, as it's the result I predicted with the least likelihood -but now that I've laid it out as an option for you, even to do that wouldn't be to rule what I've said out. I'm sure that's probably bothering you right now -as it should.

But what should really be bothering you right now is the realization that no matter what you do, you are nothing more than the product of your situation and you will never escape it unless you change yourself. And yet, to change yourself would be to imply that there was something wrong with who you are. So, you won't. Instead, you'll convince yourself of your own superiority; you'll believe the lie that you're better, brighter, more clever than you are because the lie (that perfect Dunning-Kruger manifestation) is easier to bear than the truth. Maybe you've been forced to reconcile with your inadequacy. Maybe not. Btu it won't matter, because the lie your tell yourself is useful in that it assuages the truth you subconsciously know.

Damn, if this stayed up and wasn't deleted, how bad was Bluesteel's post to get deleted?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:37:25 AM
At 5/6/2014 1:33:57 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Damn, if this stayed up and wasn't deleted, how bad was Bluesteel's post to get deleted?

hahahaha, I guess you'll just have to use your imagination.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:19:33 AM

Not taking sides here, but that was pretty well written.

Back on topic, yeah I do that all the time (open a message and forget to respond). I've had to start marking the message as unread every time I open one because it got so bad.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:41:25 AM

Lol I have like 20 PMs that I never read simply because they were already displayed when I clicked my account box.
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:33:17 AM
Shots fired.

Lol. Yeah me too. The worst thing is when I respond but the internet cuts off and all the send messages don't go through... It sucks eggs basically. I just forget to retype it! (@DauntlessWarrior (Risha) SORRY!)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:34:20 AM

As a pH of 7 (not taking sides basically), I gotta admit, damn. That was a really good response.

+1
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:49:39 AM
I personally love how everyone's saying how they're not taking sides on any of this and then say "Oh damn YYW that was a really good response, well done."

Nope, totally not taking sides. Lawl.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:15:07 AM
At 5/6/2014 6:49:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I personally love how everyone's saying how they're not taking sides on any of this and then say "Oh damn YYW that was a really good response, well done."

I don't know the full story between the two of them so I can't take a side and say X was right and Y was wrong or Y was right and X was wrong.

However, I will admit that YYW's response was hands down a really good response. It definitely is hard for Niqash to reply to.

It is possible to say something is good but not take a side. For instance, there is a chocolate and vanilla ice-cream. Neither is my favourite, but if I say, "The chocolate ice-cream was delicious today." That isn't me taking a side.

P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:26:44 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:15:07 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I don't know the full story between the two of them so I can't take a side and say X was right and Y was wrong or Y was right and X was wrong.

However, I will admit that YYW's response was hands down a really good response. It definitely is hard for Niqash to reply to.

It is possible to say something is good but not take a side. For instance, there is a chocolate and vanilla ice-cream. Neither is my favourite, but if I say, "The chocolate ice-cream was delicious today." That isn't me taking a side.

P

That's like my neighbor who used to watch his brother beat his wife in the next apartment, and go "good uppercut," cmon, you can knock her out." Yes, he wasn't necessarily taking sides in their marital problems, but that doesn't mean his behavior is justified. You are simply supporting something which is unethical and goes against this website's ToS and rules and encouraging someone to continue vomiting paragraphs of insults towards me, Rross and others whenever he is cornered. But who are you to blame when TUF also does that to fill his empty presidency schedule?
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:30:56 AM
To be honest, I couldn't read the whole thing, so I could have missed a few good comebacks, but for the most part, paragraphs loaded with preaching, ad hominem and emotional reasoning simply urge me to keep a plastic bag next to me.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 7:51:30 AM
At 5/6/2014 6:34:20 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

As a pH of 7 (not taking sides basically), I gotta admit, damn. That was a really good response.

Basically, huh?
Basic... Base...
Is that some sort of subtle hint at who you're really siding with?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:17:32 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:26:44 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 7:15:07 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

P

That's like my neighbor who used to watch his brother beat his wife in the next apartment, and go "good uppercut," cmon, you can knock her out." Yes, he wasn't necessarily taking sides in their marital problems, but that doesn't mean his behavior is justified. You are simply supporting something which is unethical and goes against this website's ToS and rules and encouraging someone to continue vomiting paragraphs of insults towards me, Rross and others whenever he is cornered. But who are you to blame when TUF also does that to fill his empty presidency schedule?

1. I could say I like a rap song while not preferring rap to a different genre.
2. Although I don't like wrestling, I could say that X or Y is a good wrestler.
3. In your situation, I could say that the husband is actually a good fighter but not side with him or his wife,

I was not trying encourage "unethical" behaviour. However, I must admit, that if you and YYW don't have similar opinions or end up bickering often, then it might just make more sense to avoid each other's posts altogether, unless one of you are flat-out mentioned by the other.

4. TUF was merely stating his opinion, as all people have a right to do. As he said, he was not taking a side.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:17:47 AM
At 5/6/2014 7:51:30 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/6/2014 6:34:20 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Basically, huh?
Basic... Base...
Is that some sort of subtle hint at who you're really siding with?

lol :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:35:47 AM
In your situation, I could say that the husband is actually a good fighter but not side with him or his wife,

That means you're a horrible person who enjoys domestic abuse, and doesn't see the ethical implications of encouraging and cheering for a man beating his wife.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:38:19 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:35:47 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
In your situation, I could say that the husband is actually a good fighter but not side with him or his wife,

That means you're a horrible person who enjoys domestic abuse, and doesn't see the ethical implications of encouraging and cheering for a man beating his wife.

-.- Well, you have your opinion of me and I have mine. Not everyone in this world agrees. *shrugs*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:40:45 AM
Well, I get on and I immediately see this: http://i.imgur.com...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:42:38 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:40:45 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Well, I get on and I immediately see this: http://i.imgur.com...

lol
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:45:10 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:38:19 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

-.- Well, you have your opinion of me and I have mine. Not everyone in this world agrees. *shrugs*

I don't feel like I would want to engage again with someone who would cheer rapists for good sex positions and fighting moves regardless of their abuses against an innocent child, simply because she cannot draw the ethical implications of her actions, but instead would like to become important on DDO by brown-nosing YYW and TUF, and following the whole lie of "not taking sides" but encouraging hostile and unethical behavior.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:47:29 AM
At 5/6/2014 6:58:13 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I couldn't find me a preacher to respond to YYW's sermon

Focussing on this bit, I more or less agree (though I have no idea what caused the comments by either party). Call me lazy, but I just can't be arsed to read such a long response not knowing why I should care.

And I also agree with Niqash, that YYW's response was pointlessly provocative, and no amount of creativity justifies it. Likewise, the first response was similarly childish. What happened to etiquette?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:49:17 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:47:29 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

Focussing on this bit, I more or less agree (though I have no idea what caused the comments by either party). Call me lazy, but I just can't be arsed to read such a long response not knowing why I should care.

And I also agree with Niqash, that YYW's response was pointlessly provocative, and no amount of creativity justifies it. Likewise, the first response was similarly childish. What happened to etiquette?

How was the first response childish? He always created threads on Debate.org to attack others. It happened with ADOL, Bluesteel, Me, Rross, Wrichirw and who knows who.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:50:36 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:45:10 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 8:38:19 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I don't feel like I would want to engage again with someone who would cheer rapists for good sex positions and fighting moves regardless of their abuses against an innocent child, simply because she cannot draw the ethical implications of her actions, but instead would like to become important on DDO by brown-nosing YYW and TUF, and following the whole lie of "not taking sides" but encouraging hostile and unethical behavior.

If you don't want to "engage again with [me]" then stop replying. That's all you've got to do buddy.

And btw, I know right from wrong. If actually put in a situation where the man was beating the woman, I wouldn't actually say that to him because I am against domestic violence.

But if you have so many problems with YYW, WHY RESPOND TO HIM? Leave him alone and enjoy the site. Ignore his posts and he'll ignore yours and we can have sunshine and rainbows again...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:52:09 AM
In any way, such things don't get to me. You can outnumber a lion with fifty wild dogs and watch them run away, or place grouping slide-moulds next to a submarine and watch it cut through them. I'm better off contributing to this website with philosophy debates and discussions, and continuing the fan-fiction series I was working on, than having petty fights with someone who feeds on drama, for all I know.

I'm off this thread.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:52:53 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:49:17 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

How was the first response childish? He always created threads on Debate.org to attack others. It happened with ADOL, Bluesteel, Me, Rross, Wrichirw and who knows who.

It was childish because you were basically calling him out on something you thought, which you knew would provoke him into arguing with you.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:59:19 AM
Oh, before I forget...

"lol... no it's not. It's an apology to the seven or so people that I didn't reply to who sent me PM's -and this is more efficient than C/Ping a message to them."

Lol. Someone teach YYW how to send a PM to multi-users. He thinks he has to C/P it to each one because he is "bright."
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 9:01:53 AM
At 5/6/2014 8:52:53 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/6/2014 8:49:17 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

It was childish because you were basically calling him out on something you thought, which you knew would provoke him into arguing with you.

And it should. This thread was based on a bullsh!t excuse that he can't PM multiple people, so he needed to create this thread here, when it is obvious that he is just targeting Jiff, given that he is aware of Jiff's message which was sent to multiple people.

That good response included this sentence in the begining, "lol... no it's not. It's an apology to the seven or so people that I didn't reply to who sent me PM's -and this is more efficient than C/Ping a message to them."