Total Posts:120|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mis-terviews...Bsh1 comes out of the closet

zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:11:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is my third mis-terview. Just as a DISCLAIMER, every quote below is taken horribly out of context. Since I made Wylted super gay in the last misterview, I had to make bsh straight in this one. ;) Don't anyone take offense by this; it's a joke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me: Well, bsh, nice to have you on here.
B: Yes it is.
me: So most people on here know you as one of the gay guys on the site.
B: I must respectfully disagree.
me: What?!? But everyone knows you're gay...
B: I strongly disagree with this characterization, but would interested to hear why you believe this.
me: Well.. I think I remember you stating it a couple of times?
B: Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that.
me: Then how do you explain your flirting with YYW?
B: To what are your referring?
me: Y'know... YYW. The guy you always flirt with?
B: that is different from saying it should be taken literally
me: So you don't mean what you say to YYW?
B: Unfortunately, I don't.
me: So let me get this straight; you're not gay then?
B: I never "became" gay
me: Interesting. But then why does YYW always flirt with you, if you're not gay?
B: Oooooohhhhhh. That is mysterious. Okay--we wait. I am intrigued.

*awkward silence* *then bsh breaks the silence*

B: OMG. Are you gay?
me: Not reaaaalllyyy...?
B: That is not an answer, and you know it.
me: I'm supposed to be interviewing you, not you interviewing me.
B: Okay, I can see that. Very well. We'll proceed more slowly then?
me: Good idea. Let's go slow. So you're attracted to-
*bsh excitedly cuts me off*
B: mostly attracted to women. I have seen women who are mostly attracted to women, but sometimes to a guy.
me: How do you think that will make YYW feel though?
B: he has had plenty of time to object to this move, but hasn't. It's been 2 months
me: Probably because he's heartbroken.
B: LMFAO - funniest thing I've read in ages.
me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.
me: Well I guess there's some good in that at least, lol. So what's you opinion of YYW then? Do you feel bad about just playing with him?
B: I normally consider myself pretty openminded/non-confrontational, but he is one of maybe only 5 people I have ever met who I truly despise.
me: *shocked* so you're just leading him on to hurt him?
B: I only did that though because I felt the theme might have been hard for them to grasp.
me: But isn't that like... wrong?
B: I mean, we're fallible; if you think I did something incorrectly, tell me what it is and I'll double check.
me: Yeah, you better go double check that one about leading a gay guy on just to hurt him.
B: Either way, I still think he needs to go jump down a very deep well with alligators at the bottom.
me: Why? Why are you doing this to him?
B: I am forced to concluded that I was, in the immortal words of Lady Gaga, "Born this way." There's nothing more to it.
me: Born to be mean to gay people?
B: I cannot wait to be able to say that to YYW in person.
me: Geez. Why do you hate him so?
B: I"ll present my case
me: Go on. But it better be a pretty good excuse.
B: For instance, he denies that the mentally ill have rights, animals can be wronged, they have claims to just treatment and against being wronged, and so they have rights.
me: So that justifies leading him on to hurt him?
B: I know that is a really bad reason, but I think that's what it boils down to.
me: Right. I'm surprised at this. You seemed like a nice guy, who I disagreed with, but a nice guy nonetheless. Or so I was told...
B: Don't listen to people, they're trolling you, lol...
me: Apparently. People won't like you when they hear this though, you know..
B: Everyone should just agree to disagree, before any further animus is engendered.
me: What's your views on gays then?
B: It's one thing to be close friends with another guy, it's another thing to make out with them.
me: That's true. Let's move on.

me: Okay, so, in your opinion, how often should a person have sex with their gf or wife?
B: Maybe an hour, hour or two each day, depending on how active you wish to be.
me: I think I'd get pretty tired from that.
B: Sure. Because not everyone has been active much yet.
me: But you are?
B: I don't normally talk about myself, other than that
me: Other than that and hurting YYW you mean.
B: I need his name though. HIS. NAME. What is it?
me: YYW's? His name is YYW...
B: I thought it was just a description. Sorry.
me: No problem. So do you have a girlfriend then?
B: -_- ... wow ...
me: Right, so who is she?
B: Marina Sirtis, who was the actor on Star Trek: TNG - http://pics.wikifeet.com...
me: Eh. She alright. I like my girlfriend better though.
B: Your girlfriend is automatically awesome
me: Thankyou. But I'll keep her away from you, because I'm not sure I trust you anymore.
B: I didn't start out by complaining--I started out by asserting that everyone should just back off. Your subsequent comments are more bitchy than mine.
me: Geez, well chill out.
B: you chose to ignore my third point advice and then to insult me afterword.
me: What do you admire about your gf?
B: great stamina
me: Okay, okay. Let's take a break.

*bsh and zmikecuber both take a break and get something to drink, etc.*

me: Okay, let's wind this down. What's your favorite food?
B: I am a big fan of Pickles
me: Me too! And when you make a pbj sandwhich to go with your pickles, do you put lots of pb on or just a little?
B: I'm on the Liberal side! Go Liberals!!!!!! Woot!!!
me: What do you say before sex?
B: So, hotstuff, I guess we should start considering how we're going to put your stamina to the test.
me: What do you say after sex?
B: That was awesome.
me: Since you're such an extremist, what do you think we should do with people who disagree with you?
B: Their pain can relatively easily be eliminated.
me: That's pretty harsh. Quotes you live by?
B: Either you're scum laughing at something foolish I did, or I am missing the joke.
me: Well thanks for this... interesting interview, Bsh!
B: Glad to help. If you have any other questions, just PM me.
me: I expect you'll be getting a PM from YYW soon. Anyways, remember to put your name below if you want to be mis-terviewed, DDO users! Next time.
B: rot in hell.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:14:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:11:59 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
This is my third mis-terview. Just as a DISCLAIMER, every quote below is taken horribly out of context. Since I made Wylted super gay in the last misterview, I had to make bsh straight in this one. ;) Don't anyone take offense by this; it's a joke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me: Well, bsh, nice to have you on here.
B: Yes it is.
me: So most people on here know you as one of the gay guys on the site.
B: I must respectfully disagree.
me: What?!? But everyone knows you're gay...
B: I strongly disagree with this characterization, but would interested to hear why you believe this.
me: Well.. I think I remember you stating it a couple of times?
B: Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that.
me: Then how do you explain your flirting with YYW?
B: To what are your referring?
me: Y'know... YYW. The guy you always flirt with?
B: that is different from saying it should be taken literally
me: So you don't mean what you say to YYW?
B: Unfortunately, I don't.
me: So let me get this straight; you're not gay then?
B: I never "became" gay
me: Interesting. But then why does YYW always flirt with you, if you're not gay?
B: Oooooohhhhhh. That is mysterious. Okay--we wait. I am intrigued.

*awkward silence* *then bsh breaks the silence*

B: OMG. Are you gay?
me: Not reaaaalllyyy...?
B: That is not an answer, and you know it.
me: I'm supposed to be interviewing you, not you interviewing me.
B: Okay, I can see that. Very well. We'll proceed more slowly then?
me: Good idea. Let's go slow. So you're attracted to-
*bsh excitedly cuts me off*
B: mostly attracted to women. I have seen women who are mostly attracted to women, but sometimes to a guy.
me: How do you think that will make YYW feel though?
B: he has had plenty of time to object to this move, but hasn't. It's been 2 months
me: Probably because he's heartbroken.
B: LMFAO - funniest thing I've read in ages.
me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.
me: Well I guess there's some good in that at least, lol. So what's you opinion of YYW then? Do you feel bad about just playing with him?
B: I normally consider myself pretty openminded/non-confrontational, but he is one of maybe only 5 people I have ever met who I truly despise.
me: *shocked* so you're just leading him on to hurt him?
B: I only did that though because I felt the theme might have been hard for them to grasp.
me: But isn't that like... wrong?
B: I mean, we're fallible; if you think I did something incorrectly, tell me what it is and I'll double check.
me: Yeah, you better go double check that one about leading a gay guy on just to hurt him.
B: Either way, I still think he needs to go jump down a very deep well with alligators at the bottom.
me: Why? Why are you doing this to him?
B: I am forced to concluded that I was, in the immortal words of Lady Gaga, "Born this way." There's nothing more to it.
me: Born to be mean to gay people?
B: I cannot wait to be able to say that to YYW in person.
me: Geez. Why do you hate him so?
B: I"ll present my case
me: Go on. But it better be a pretty good excuse.
B: For instance, he denies that the mentally ill have rights, animals can be wronged, they have claims to just treatment and against being wronged, and so they have rights.
me: So that justifies leading him on to hurt him?
B: I know that is a really bad reason, but I think that's what it boils down to.
me: Right. I'm surprised at this. You seemed like a nice guy, who I disagreed with, but a nice guy nonetheless. Or so I was told...
B: Don't listen to people, they're trolling you, lol...
me: Apparently. People won't like you when they hear this though, you know..
B: Everyone should just agree to disagree, before any further animus is engendered.
me: What's your views on gays then?
B: It's one thing to be close friends with another guy, it's another thing to make out with them.
me: That's true. Let's move on.

me: Okay, so, in your opinion, how often should a person have sex with their gf or wife?
B: Maybe an hour, hour or two each day, depending on how active you wish to be.
me: I think I'd get pretty tired from that.
B: Sure. Because not everyone has been active much yet.
me: But you are?
B: I don't normally talk about myself, other than that
me: Other than that and hurting YYW you mean.
B: I need his name though. HIS. NAME. What is it?
me: YYW's? His name is YYW...
B: I thought it was just a description. Sorry.
me: No problem. So do you have a girlfriend then?
B: -_- ... wow ...
me: Right, so who is she?
B: Marina Sirtis, who was the actor on Star Trek: TNG - http://pics.wikifeet.com...
me: Eh. She alright. I like my girlfriend better though.
B: Your girlfriend is automatically awesome
me: Thankyou. But I'll keep her away from you, because I'm not sure I trust you anymore.
B: I didn't start out by complaining--I started out by asserting that everyone should just back off. Your subsequent comments are more bitchy than mine.
me: Geez, well chill out.
B: you chose to ignore my third point advice and then to insult me afterword.
me: What do you admire about your gf?
B: great stamina
me: Okay, okay. Let's take a break.

*bsh and zmikecuber both take a break and get something to drink, etc.*

me: Okay, let's wind this down. What's your favorite food?
B: I am a big fan of Pickles
me: Me too! And when you make a pbj sandwhich to go with your pickles, do you put lots of pb on or just a little?
B: I'm on the Liberal side! Go Liberals!!!!!! Woot!!!
me: What do you say before sex?
B: So, hotstuff, I guess we should start considering how we're going to put your stamina to the test.
me: What do you say after sex?
B: That was awesome.
me: Since you're such an extremist, what do you think we should do with people who disagree with you?
B: Their pain can relatively easily be eliminated.
me: That's pretty harsh. Quotes you live by?
B: Either you're scum laughing at something foolish I did, or I am missing the joke.
me: Well thanks for this... interesting interview, Bsh!
B: Glad to help. If you have any other questions, just PM me.
me: I expect you'll be getting a PM from YYW soon. Anyways, remember to put your name below if you want to be mis-terviewed, DDO users! Next time.
B: rot in hell.

Honestly, this is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen posted on DDO. This thread should be deleted.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:22:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:14:26 PM, YYW wrote:

Honestly, this is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen posted on DDO. This thread should be deleted.

Actually, I though it was rather amusing. I mean, if he had done this without my consent, I'd be rather annoyed, but it certainly open people up to be gently mocked in a friendly, rather than antagonistic setting.

Of course, you're awesome, and Marina Sirtis has nothing on you :) Just in case you were wondering...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:23:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:22:55 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 12:14:26 PM, YYW wrote:

Honestly, this is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen posted on DDO. This thread should be deleted.

Actually, I though it was rather amusing. I mean, if he had done this without my consent, I'd be rather annoyed, but it certainly open people up to be gently mocked in a friendly, rather than antagonistic setting.

Of course, you're awesome, and Marina Sirtis has nothing on you :) Just in case you were wondering...

Yeah. I don't find it amusing at all.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:31:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Many sentences were from the Mafia games Bsh1 was modding. This was brilliant and must have taken some time and effort. I can't imagine what my interview would look like with the number of haters I've been dealing with. LOL.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:32:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When BlackVoid did his thing with Thett that resembled the National Enquirer, that was fine. There was nothing incendiary about it. If this had had the same character as BlackVoid's, I wouldn't be so displeased right now. But, as a rule, there is a line with satire that's not to be crossed. This went far beyond that point.
Tsar of DDO
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:37:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Omg I can't believe you followed through on this lol.

Damn that misquoting atheist :-p
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 12:55:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:32:28 PM, YYW wrote:
When BlackVoid did his thing with Thett that resembled the National Enquirer, that was fine. There was nothing incendiary about it. If this had had the same character as BlackVoid's, I wouldn't be so displeased right now. But, as a rule, there is a line with satire that's not to be crossed. This went far beyond that point.

A completely justified reaction.

I read this:

me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.

and immediately scrolled down to see how you would react to this.

This is only "gently poking fun" until you consider *why* zmike thinks the idea of catfishing a gay guy is going to be hilarious, and it's revealed in the above quotation. His choice of theme is quite telling about his own mental thought processes.

I don't think a neo-nazi creating a fake interview where he makes his subject a racist would be very funny, so I don't think an anti-gay Christian making a character who is a gay baiter is very funny either.

Also, catfishing someone isn't very funny either, honestly [see, e.g. Megan Meier: http://www.nytimes.com...]. "Megan Meier died believing that somewhere in this world lived a boy named Josh Evans who hated her. He was 16, owned a pet snake, and she thought he was the cutest boyfriend she ever had."

Seriously read it... One of the most powerful articles I've ever read.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:03:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:55:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 12:32:28 PM, YYW wrote:
When BlackVoid did his thing with Thett that resembled the National Enquirer, that was fine. There was nothing incendiary about it. If this had had the same character as BlackVoid's, I wouldn't be so displeased right now. But, as a rule, there is a line with satire that's not to be crossed. This went far beyond that point.

A completely justified reaction.

I read this:

me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.

and immediately scrolled down to see how you would react to this.

This is only "gently poking fun" until you consider *why* zmike thinks the idea of catfishing a gay guy is going to be hilarious, and it's revealed in the above quotation. His choice of theme is quite telling about his own mental thought processes.

I don't think a neo-nazi creating a fake interview where he makes his subject a racist would be very funny, so I don't think an anti-gay Christian making a character who is a gay baiter is very funny either.

Also, catfishing someone isn't very funny either, honestly [see, e.g. Megan Meier: http://www.nytimes.com...]. "Megan Meier died believing that somewhere in this world lived a boy named Josh Evans who hated her. He was 16, owned a pet snake, and she thought he was the cutest boyfriend she ever had."

Seriously read it... One of the most powerful articles I've ever read.

Thanks, man.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:03:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
To anyone who is upset by this...

My apologies. The purpose of this was not to insult anyone at all. It was meant as a joke.

However, I'd just like to defend myself.

First, all the content has been edited with full permission. In fact, I didn't alter any of the sentences themselves. I just put them in different contexts than they were originally.

Second of all, I have not once directly made fun of any of the members. Whatever was labelled "me" is new content. I did not say anything inappropriate.

Third, this is a joke. I don't have any problems with jokes poking fun at people, as long as the intent isn't malicious. My intent was not malicious at all as I can attest, and as evidenced by the fact that I only did this due to request. So at worst, this is slightly off-color humor, which was meant to be taken as a joke, and which was done with permission from the person whose statements are taken out of context.

So I just want everyone to know that this content does not express my opinion of any members on DDO, nor does it express the opinion of the interviewee's opinion of any DDO members. It's a joke.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:04:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:55:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 12:32:28 PM, YYW wrote:
When BlackVoid did his thing with Thett that resembled the National Enquirer, that was fine. There was nothing incendiary about it. If this had had the same character as BlackVoid's, I wouldn't be so displeased right now. But, as a rule, there is a line with satire that's not to be crossed. This went far beyond that point.

A completely justified reaction.

I read this:

me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.

and immediately scrolled down to see how you would react to this.

This is only "gently poking fun" until you consider *why* zmike thinks the idea of catfishing a gay guy is going to be hilarious, and it's revealed in the above quotation. His choice of theme is quite telling about his own mental thought processes.

I don't think a neo-nazi creating a fake interview where he makes his subject a racist would be very funny, so I don't think an anti-gay Christian making a character who is a gay baiter is very funny either.


Your analogy does not hold in comparing me to a Neo-Nazi. Neo-Nazis encourage violence towards peoples of certain races. I do not encourage violence towards homosexuals at all, nor have I ever. In fact, I am bisexual.

Also, catfishing someone isn't very funny either, honestly [see, e.g. Megan Meier: http://www.nytimes.com...]. "Megan Meier died believing that somewhere in this world lived a boy named Josh Evans who hated her. He was 16, owned a pet snake, and she thought he was the cutest boyfriend she ever had."

Seriously read it... One of the most powerful articles I've ever read.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:13:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 12:55:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 12:32:28 PM, YYW wrote:
When BlackVoid did his thing with Thett that resembled the National Enquirer, that was fine. There was nothing incendiary about it. If this had had the same character as BlackVoid's, I wouldn't be so displeased right now. But, as a rule, there is a line with satire that's not to be crossed. This went far beyond that point.

A completely justified reaction.

I read this:

me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.

and immediately scrolled down to see how you would react to this.

This is only "gently poking fun" until you consider *why* zmike thinks the idea of catfishing a gay guy is going to be hilarious, and it's revealed in the above quotation. His choice of theme is quite telling about his own mental thought processes.

In his defence he did one for Wylted, and bsh consented to this after having seen Wylted's one on a similar theme ASAIK. Moreover I don't see how how this is going to be perceived as harmful to anyone except the ones looking to be offended. I don't condone lots of things, so what?

I don't think a neo-nazi creating a fake interview where he makes his subject a racist would be very funny, so I don't think an anti-gay Christian making a character who is a gay baiter is very funny either.

Perhaps you and YYW are being overly sensitive because of the subject, rather the intent. Would zmike have received the same reaction if he said 'I don't condone high heel use' or 'I don't condone driving'? I doubt it, even if he did hold the anti-position.

Also, catfishing someone isn't very funny either, honestly [see, e.g. Megan Meier: http://www.nytimes.com...]. "Megan Meier died believing that somewhere in this world lived a boy named Josh Evans who hated her. He was 16, owned a pet snake, and she thought he was the cutest boyfriend she ever had."

Seriously read it... One of the most powerful articles I've ever read.

Interesting article that is Completely irrelevant to what you are objecting to.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:20:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:03:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

full permission

I don't think the fake interview is all that mean-spirited towards bsh1. It's mean spirited towards YYW. Permission is irrelevant. If I got your permission to quote you in a newspaper article, then quoted you out of context and made you seem like a complete dick, you'd be mad. Permission is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for being "in the right."

as long as the intent isn't malicious

I don't think GCL intended to be malicious when she said a doctor who performs an abortion is doing the same thing as Hitler murdering Jews. But it was offensive. Intent is irrelevant. Offensiveness is judged based on how a targeted individual or group is likely to react [see, e.g., the TTAB decision on whether "Washington Redskins" is offense; the court judged offensiveness from the perspective of Native Americans].

the anology to Neo-Nazis is bad because Neo-Nazis endorse violence

This is a laughable response. The way an anology works is you compare two things on a specific metric. That doesn't mean that they are the same in every metric. [e.g. "my friend is like a Goldien Retriever, he's very loyal." Absurd response: "no he's not, Golden Retrievers walk on 4 legs and he walks on two!!"]. The Neo-Nazi analogy was showing that the choice of fake dialogue reveals something about the speaker.

bisexual

I'm sorry, I guess I made a bad assumption based on (1) you saying you think homosexuality is wrong and (2) your viewpoints on abortion. It wasn't a terrible assumption, but I apologize for being wrong.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:22:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just to voice my own opinion more clearly:

There were parts of this I found rather funny. For example:

me: Okay, so, in your opinion, how often should a person have sex with their gf or wife?
B: Maybe an hour, hour or two each day, depending on how active you wish to be.
me: I think I'd get pretty tired from that.
B: Sure. Because not everyone has been active much yet

I also found this amusing:

me: Okay, let's wind this down. What's your favorite food?
B: I am a big fan of Pickles
me: Me too! And when you make a pbj sandwhich to go with your pickles, do you put lots of pb on or just a little?
B: I'm on the Liberal side! Go Liberals!!!!!! Woot!!!
me: What do you say before sex?
B: So, hotstuff, I guess we should start considering how we're going to put your stamina to the test.
me: What do you say after sex?
B: That was awesome.
me: Since you're such an extremist, what do you think we should do with people who disagree with you?
B: Their pain can relatively easily be eliminated.
me: That's pretty harsh. Quotes you live by?
B: Either you're scum laughing at something foolish I did, or I am missing the joke

Then, there were also parts that I found offensive (in varying degrees). For example:

me: How do you think that will make YYW feel though?
B: he has had plenty of time to object to this move, but hasn't. It's been 2 months
me: Probably because he's heartbroken.
B: LMFAO - funniest thing I've read in ages.
me: That's horribly mean! I mean, I don't condone homosexual activity, but I don't think you should be such a jerk about it..
B: Lol...okay, so you can also make me laugh.
me: Well I guess there's some good in that at least, lol. So what's you opinion of YYW then? Do you feel bad about just playing with him?
B: I normally consider myself pretty openminded/non-confrontational, but he is one of maybe only 5 people I have ever met who I truly despise.

This was also offensive to me:

me: Right. I'm surprised at this. You seemed like a nice guy, who I disagreed with, but a nice guy nonetheless. Or so I was told...
B: Don't listen to people, they're trolling you, lol...
me: Apparently. People won't like you when they hear this though, you know..
B: Everyone should just agree to disagree, before any further animus is engendered.
me: What's your views on gays then?
B: It's one thing to be close friends with another guy, it's another thing to make out with them.
me: That's true. Let's move on.

Ultimately:

I think Mike made this with good intentions, but that they way portions of it came across were unacceptable. I must say that I chose to focus more on the amusing parts than on the offensive ones, since I didn't want to, as I put it, engender animus. But as these points have already be voiced, I feel as if there is little point in me holding back. There were definitely some segments of this that should not have been written.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:25:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:20:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:03:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

full permission

I don't think the fake interview is all that mean-spirited towards bsh1. It's mean spirited towards YYW. Permission is irrelevant. If I got your permission to quote you in a newspaper article, then quoted you out of context and made you seem like a complete dick, you'd be mad. Permission is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for being "in the right."


Well Bsh asked me to mis-interview him. I think he has the final say over his own content, and it is my understanding he would prefer this thread to be removed, so I think it should be removed. NOT due to the satirical humor, but due to the fact that the words quoted are Bsh's, and he should have the rights over them.

as long as the intent isn't malicious

I don't think GCL intended to be malicious when she said a doctor who performs an abortion is doing the same thing as Hitler murdering Jews. But it was offensive. Intent is irrelevant. Offensiveness is judged based on how a targeted individual or group is likely to react [see, e.g., the TTAB decision on whether "Washington Redskins" is offense; the court judged offensiveness from the perspective of Native Americans].


Offensiveness is not a sufficient condition for whether or not something should be removed. It's the content in itself which ought to be examined. If I state that I think child molestors should be executed, and someone takes offense at that, then that's their problem.

the anology to Neo-Nazis is bad because Neo-Nazis endorse violence

This is a laughable response. The way an anology works is you compare two things on a specific metric. That doesn't mean that they are the same in every metric. [e.g. "my friend is like a Goldien Retriever, he's very loyal." Absurd response: "no he's not, Golden Retrievers walk on 4 legs and he walks on two!!"]. The Neo-Nazi analogy was showing that the choice of fake dialogue reveals something about the speaker.


I understand that. However, the reason the analogy doesn't hold is because they are dissimilar in significant ways. Namely the way that Neo-Nazis promote violence against certain races. I don't. So you shouldn't compare the two, since there's automatically an association of hatefulness and violence associated with Neo-Nazis, which isn't present in me.

It's like a reverse euphemism.

bisexual

I'm sorry, I guess I made a bad assumption based on (1) you saying you think homosexuality is wrong and (2) your viewpoints on abortion. It wasn't a terrible assumption, but I apologize for being wrong.

Subconscious desires and actions are two completely different things.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:30:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:13:05 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

consent of bsh

Addressed this above.

intent

Are you saying that if I'm just a really dumb and naive person who really thinks I'm just joking, it's okay to go around calling black people N***** or gay people fa*g*ts? You just read the article. Do you think what Lori Drew did was okay if her intent was just to "defend her daughter." She caused a little girl to commit suicide. Intent is irrelevant here, *especially* since zmike didn't consider YYW's feelings and didn't get *his* consent to be the butt of most of these jokes. If you do really sh**ty things -- with neutral intent -- you're still doing really sh**ty things. Intent isn't much of a defense.

Interesting article that is Completely irrelevant to what you are objecting to.

Catfishing is pretending to be someone else on the internet and trying to get someone else to fall in love with you. The Lori Drew case involved doing it for a mean intent. The *entire* zmike fake interview is about bsh catfishing YYW because he secretly hates him. The article was linked under the premise: "catfishing someone isn't very funny." It's actually one of the most f*cked up things you can do. So a whole interview that's all about that isn't very funny, honestly.

you and YYW . . . overly sensitive

Careful with this one. This seems to be the go-to response for people who are in the wrong. Blaming the victim. A lot of very not nice people love to use this as a defense. I'm not sure you want to be associated with that. You can't just go around dismissing people's feelings.

I don't consider YYW to be an overly sensitive person. Dude has thick skin. The fact that he is bothered by this should tell you something.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:35:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:30:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Are you saying that if I'm just a really dumb and naive person who really thinks I'm just joking, it's okay to go around calling black people N***** or gay people fa*g*ts? You just read the article. Do you think what Lori Drew did was okay if her intent was just to "defend her daughter." She caused a little girl to commit suicide. Intent is irrelevant here, *especially* since zmike didn't consider YYW's feelings and didn't get *his* consent to be the butt of most of these jokes. If you do really sh**ty things -- with neutral intent -- you're still doing really sh**ty things. Intent isn't much of a defense.

Interesting article that is Completely irrelevant to what you are objecting to.

Catfishing is pretending to be someone else on the internet and trying to get someone else to fall in love with you. The Lori Drew case involved doing it for a mean intent. The *entire* zmike fake interview is about bsh catfishing YYW because he secretly hates him. The article was linked under the premise: "catfishing someone isn't very funny." It's actually one of the most f*cked up things you can do. So a whole interview that's all about that isn't very funny, honestly.

you and YYW . . . overly sensitive

Careful with this one. This seems to be the go-to response for people who are in the wrong. Blaming the victim. A lot of very not nice people love to use this as a defense. I'm not sure you want to be associated with that. You can't just go around dismissing people's feelings.

I don't consider YYW to be an overly sensitive person. Dude has thick skin. The fact that he is bothered by this should tell you something.



I concur with all of the bolded portions.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:37:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:25:01 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Well Bsh asked me to mis-interview him. I think he has the final say over his own content.

lol, you keep treating this like it's a real verbatim CNN-type interview. It's mostly just your own content, which is pretty offensive to gay people and YYW. There are *two ways* this could be offensive: (1) you could have used bsh1's words without his permission to offend *him*, (2) you could have chosen a theme, ordered the quotes in such a way, and had *yourself* say things that were offensive. It's the latter.

Offensiveness is not a sufficient condition for whether or not something should be removed.

I never said this should be removed; my original premise was just that it was offensive, which you seem to agree with. Red herring.

It's the content in itself which ought to be examined. If I state that I think child molestors should be executed, and someone takes offense at that, then that's their problem.

That's political speech. It falls under the 1st Amendment's protection. Mere jokes aren't protected expression. So you lose on "content." You're not expressing an unpopular political opinion.

Subconscious desires and actions are two completely different things.

wow, the most homophobic type of Christian. A self-hating one. You hate them even more for "giving in to their immoral urges."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:39:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:30:19 PM, Fanath wrote:
It was pretty entertaining.

Fix'd
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Fanath
Posts: 830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:44:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:39:46 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:30:19 PM, Fanath wrote:
It was pretty entertaining.

Fix'd

Lol thx. I'm ashamed of my big fingers.
Dude... Stop...
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:48:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:44:31 PM, Fanath wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:39:46 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:30:19 PM, Fanath wrote:
It was pretty entertaining.

Fix'd

Lol thx. I'm ashamed of my big fingers.

Lol I honestly laughed when I saw the mistake. Then I read it outloud and it was better :P so I helped you out.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Fanath
Posts: 830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:57:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:20:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:03:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

full permission

Permission is irrelevant. If I got your permission to quote you in a newspaper article, then quoted you out of context and made you seem like a complete dick, you'd be mad. Permission is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for being "in the right."

He asked to be misquoted. He had even seen previous interview where someone was misquoted and requested that it happened to him...
Dude... Stop...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:57:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:37:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:25:01 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Well Bsh asked me to mis-interview him. I think he has the final say over his own content.

lol, you keep treating this like it's a real verbatim CNN-type interview. It's mostly just your own content, which is pretty offensive to gay people and YYW. There are *two ways* this could be offensive: (1) you could have used bsh1's words without his permission to offend *him*, (2) you could have chosen a theme, ordered the quotes in such a way, and had *yourself* say things that were offensive. It's the latter.


What did I say that was offensive? Or do you mean the implied meanings which were given to bsh's quotes by taking them out of context?

Offensiveness is not a sufficient condition for whether or not something should be removed.

I never said this should be removed; my original premise was just that it was offensive, which you seem to agree with. Red herring.


I assumed you wanted them removed and thought they were inappropriate, since you seemed to agree with YYW. My apologies.

It's the content in itself which ought to be examined. If I state that I think child molestors should be executed, and someone takes offense at that, then that's their problem.

That's political speech. It falls under the 1st Amendment's protection. Mere jokes aren't protected expression. So you lose on "content." You're not expressing an unpopular political opinion.


I'm not sure what this has to do with the 1st Amendment, lol. That seems like an irrelevant thesis on your part. I'm saying that the statement "Whatever is offensive ought to be censored" is absurd, because it very well might be the case that the person is being irrational.

Subconscious desires and actions are two completely different things.

wow, the most homophobic type of Christian. A self-hating one. You hate them even more for "giving in to their immoral urges."

Huh? I'm confused. Subconscious desires aren't immoral per se... lol.

About you comparing me to a Neo-Nazi...

When you compared me to a Neo-Nazi, you didn't mean in the sense that I was encouraging violence against certain people. Unfortunately, this is typically associated with the word "Neo-Nazi." So when people read that you have succesfully compared me to a Neo-Nazi, they're going to equivocate and think that you've compared me to a full-fledged Neo-Nazi, which encourages violence.

So if you can stamp the title "Neo-Nazi" on someone, it automatically makes them look bad even if you have not defended the comparison of all the qualities of Neo-Nazi.

Whether or not your intent was to brand me as a Neo-Nazi, in order to get people to think badly of me, is besides the point. Either way, you have compared me to a Neo-Nazi, and I have the right to be offended, even more than YYW has the right to be offended by this.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 1:58:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:57:15 PM, Fanath wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:20:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:03:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

full permission

Permission is irrelevant. If I got your permission to quote you in a newspaper article, then quoted you out of context and made you seem like a complete dick, you'd be mad. Permission is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for being "in the right."

He asked to be misquoted. He had even seen previous interview where someone was misquoted and requested that it happened to him...

It's dangerous to debate Bluesteel alone. Here: http://i.imgur.com...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:16:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:57:15 PM, Fanath wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:20:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/6/2014 1:03:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

full permission

Permission is irrelevant. If I got your permission to quote you in a newspaper article, then quoted you out of context and made you seem like a complete dick, you'd be mad. Permission is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for being "in the right."

He asked to be misquoted. He had even seen previous interview where someone was misquoted and requested that it happened to him...

The anology wasn't to show that misquoting is like misquoting. The anology was to show that *permission* to do something with your words isn't necessarily permission for *any possible use* of your words.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:19:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In this thread, I've been compared to a Neo-Nazi, accused of being a homophobic gay hating Christian (even though I'm bisexual), and incorrectly psychologically analyzed by bluesteel, lol. :P
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:24:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 2:16:48 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Serious question, do you play Mafia games? I don't think we've been in one so far, but that could be because I don't like Live Mafia games.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:25:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 1:57:26 PM, zmikecuber wrote:


I didn't say "zmike is a Neo-Nazi", I said that just like I wouldn't find it funny if a Neo-Nazi claimed -- in good fun -- to have a fake interview where a character is really racist, I *likewise* don't find it funny when an anti-gay Christian creates a fake character who gay baits another character by catfishing him.

There is a difference between drawing a comparison, and saying that you *are* a Neo-Nazi. The comparison did not invoke that Neo-Nazi's are violent, it merely invoked that they are racist. Most people hate Neo-Nazi's for their viewpoints, not because they are violent. In fact, I didn't think that it was the case that the specific organization advocated violence. They would be shut down if they did so in an official capacity. Maybe if your entire view of Neo-Nazis is from Ed Norton's character in American History X you'd think they were all violent. But many of them are *just* racists.

Just like not all Christians are abortion doctor murderers, even though many of them believe such killings are technically morally justified.

And you've been purposely evasive about your own viewpoints on homosexuality. If you think acting on your subconscious urges isn't a sin, then say so. You can't mock my position if you -- at the same time -- secretly hold that belief. Yes, not all subconscious urges are immoral. But Christians think homosexual quote unquote "urges" are immoral. You seem to hold that viewpoint. If you don't deny it, I'll assume that you do.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)