Jump to topic:

The Celestial Egg - Rross [Part 1 of 2] [Ep2]

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 2:00:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Previous episode: http://www.debate.org...

The purple supernova stretched her twenty arms like a maiden yawning after a good night sleep, while the celestial eggs of 00122112 stood there silently like beads held together by an invisible string.

In one of the celestial eggs, two voices disrupted the predominant silence as one walked in circles around the room while the other slowly followed. "Where the hell is she?" shouted Voice 1, while Voice 2 trudged behind him trying to calm him down.

It was a Saturday. She spent most of her Saturdays traveling across the coastline to meet her parents. Her consciousness wandered off to many places beyond the Australian coastline, and returned whenever the pictorial pattern of flatlands and valleys was interrupted with something that caught her attention such as a stretch of Norfolk Island Pines pointing their green fingers towards the sky.

There was a spatter of rain which smudged her reflection on the window and another spatter that landed like a moist kiss somewhere on her arms. A man recognized her and called "Rross?" She turned around abruptly and saw a familiar face of an ex-colleague, but met his excitement with a hurried "hello" and turned around facing the bus driver.

It wasn't long ago when she spent her whole morning with a slow-motion camera observing a wandering bee burying some nectar under her heavily-fluttering wings. But those days changed. "A scientist is happy to be proven wrong" turned out to be another false ideal. She was looked down upon for questioning the works of remarkable names, but that was one of the curses of academic life which she had already deduced from her paperback copy of Rupert Sheldrake's "A New Science", and the biography of Shimon Malin and other scientists.

The bus abruptly stopped. It was kilometers away from her stop, so she turned around to see what had happened, but heavy hands grabbed her neck and pulled her head downwards. She looked upwards gasping for a breath, while her ex-colleague tightened his choke for a few seconds until her vision blurred and she finally surrendered to death..

The two voices were getting impatient. Voice 2 glided aimlessly in the middle of the room, while Voice 1 stood in the room's center with a look of exhaustion on his face. "It was just a moment of time" Voice 2 said confidently, while Voice 1 glared at him impatiently. The inter-galatico beeper went off. Both voices grinned and retreated to their hidden chamber. "It's going to be fun" whispered Voice 2, thinking that the latter's impatience was killing the thrill of the hunt.

The only light that reached the inner chamber was now coming from a circular window that stood alone against a looming expanse of nothingness gathered around a distant supernova, which seemed as if it was extending silver and purple feathers above the celestial eggs like a swan stretching her wings. Light orbs emerged and danced around the room's floor awaiting the next iridescent explosion of another traveler, illuminating dark corners and revealing patches and drawings on the nearby walls.

Rross stood silently. Her clothes were all messed up and her eyes were fixed on the metallic ground that appeared beneath her. She went a few steps backwards and touched the rusted metal of what must have been an old spaceship, shocked by how she viewed her surroundings with a 360-degrees vision.

"Miss Rross, don't be afraid" said a calm voice which frightened her to death.

"Who are you" she asked frightfully. "Where am I?"

Rross couldn't remember her final moments. The last thing she saw was a rush of white lines that covered her with a freezing sensation, and then a transient blast of warmth which brought her to this chamber.

Voice1 cleared his throat, "You have to make a wish for your second life and you have few minutes to do so, otherwise you would disintegrate into electrical charges"

Voice 2 continued "We are only here to help you and we've been doing that for something like 259..."

"260 eternities" Voice1 interrupted.

Rross couldn't understand how eternities could measure time, but she didn't seem to have the time to struggle with such abstract concepts. It was possible that Wittgenstein's beetle was in-play where where two individuals could avoid miscommunication while having different inner variables and references, especially individuals from different galaxies, but this seemed like an utter miscommunication.

"I.. uhm."

Rross struggled to talk. Voice 2 spoke confidently with a sense of pride, "Miss Rross, you're short on time. Some people prefer to disintegrate. It is up to you."

Seconds passed and Rross still stood there confused. It was unfair to make such a decision on such a short notice. "Have you been in such a situation?" asked Rross, wondering whether her time was already over.

Voice 1 politely replied, "Miss Rross. Forget about us. What do you want for yourself?"

It seemed that she possibly was in a state of analysis paralysis, where she was evaluating the pros and cons of her decision indefinitely with a limited sample of evidence. Being cautious in such moments was not that logical, she thought to herself. Her bodily form has actually changed into a form of consciousness that is able to cognitively visualize a radius of the world without any eyes, and that seemed real as the pancakes she had this morning.

"I..." Rross started to speak and then stopped. Her voice came out motherly and wounded, revealing more than she expected to reveal. "I... want to live my second life without interacting with others. Sociability has been my main source of misery.... and... and possibly the reason for my death."

Voices 1 and 2 shared an awkward moment of silence, but then Voice 1 cleared his throat and whispered, "Granted. Miss Rross", and then the walls expanded and decompressed giving the impression that the celestial egg was about to hatch but changed its mind mid-through.

Rross was absorbed by the walls and the voices stood there smiling weirdly at each other. Voice 2 ruined the moment with a look of confusion and asked, "What is their earthly day in eternities?". Voice 1 sighed disappointed, "You should know that by now, Shibboleth. Now let's head out."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:24:42 AM
You write really well.

As a bookworm, I literally couldn't stop reading once I started... and then this part ended!

I am a little confused about the two voices and what they are doing but it's intriguing and I am definitely going to keep reading!

Keep it up!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 9:06:30 AM
At 5/7/2014 6:24:42 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
You write really well.

As a bookworm, I literally couldn't stop reading once I started... and then this part ended!

I am a little confused about the two voices and what they are doing but it's intriguing and I am definitely going to keep reading!

Keep it up!

You think everyone writes really well. I don't feel any special.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 9:24:32 AM
At 5/8/2014 9:06:30 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
You write really well.

Keep it up!

Lol. I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings by being a harsh critic.

As someone who enjoys writing also, my teacher last year told me that I am one of the worst writers she's ever seen. She failed me in an exam, that I worked assiduously on and made fun of me in front of the class. I know how it feels to have your work be treated like crap.

Therefore, I don't want anyone to feel that way. Writing is an escape from this world for me, and one of the few times I feel like I can actually do something. I wouldn't want to put down anyone who feels the same.

--

However, I will admit: You are one of my favourite writers right now on the site. Your writing seems a bit superior to some of the writers.

Yet, writing is supposed to be fun and what the writer wants it to be. As a result, I don't want to put down anyone by telling them that.

So yeah... to sum up what I just rambled on about: your writing is "special" but I am a sugar-coater.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 10:09:50 AM
At 5/8/2014 9:24:32 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
You write really well.

Keep it up!

As someone who enjoys writing also, my teacher last year told me that I am one of the worst writers she's ever seen. She failed me in an exam, that I worked assiduously on and made fun of me in front of the class. I know how it feels to have your work be treated like crap.

Therefore, I don't want anyone to feel that way. Writing is an escape from this world for me, and one of the few times I feel like I can actually do something. I wouldn't want to put down anyone who feels the same.

--

However, I will admit: You are one of my favourite writers right now on the site. Your writing seems a bit superior to some of the writers.

Yet, writing is supposed to be fun and what the writer wants it to be. As a result, I don't want to put down anyone by telling them that.

So yeah... to sum up what I just rambled on about: your writing is "special" but I am a sugar-coater.

Teachers can be morons. Once I wrote a short story about my adventures with an Apache tribe.. It was my turn to read it to the class, so I stood up and began. When I reached the part where I actually named the tribe "Apache," one girl laughed her a55 off and said something like "apaches are helicopters. Hahahaa." The teacher thought I was making fun of him by "treating helicopters as humans" so he gave me an F and told me to sit down, but I remained standing and explained to him that the brand of helicopters was actually named after the tribe. He just nodded his head mockingly and told me it wasn't funny anymore.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 10:17:20 AM
At 5/8/2014 10:09:50 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
You write really well.

Keep it up!

--

Teachers can be morons. Once I wrote a short story about my adventures with an Apache tribe.. It was my turn to read it to the class, so I stood up and began. When I reached the part where I actually named the tribe "Apache," one girl laughed her a55 off and said something like "apaches are helicopters. Hahahaa." The teacher thought I was making fun of him by "treating helicopters as humans" so he gave me an F and told me to sit down, but I remained standing and explained to him that the brand of helicopters was actually named after the tribe. He just nodded his head mockingly and told me it wasn't funny anymore.

The sad part was my story was about a patient, who was in a coma. It was about one of my friends actually, who had passed away not even a month earlier.

The teacher told me that my story was illogical because I wrote that my friend woke up from the coma instead of dying, that I should have stated that she passed away and was watching over me. She laughed at me and asked in front of the class, "Annie, do you really believe things like that happen in real life? That [friend's name] would have actually waken up?"

As I tell a lot of people on DDO, I am not good in front of crowds or being the centre of attention, so she pointed it out in class. The class was looking at me. I tried to inform her it is possible for a coma patient to wake up and she told me to stop living in a "dream world." The class laughed at me.

I sucked it up and waited till I got home and then burst into tears in the bathroom.

-
Let it be noted that the same ENGLISH teacher can't spell because she said that when you have a baby, you lose brain cells and intelligence.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 10:39:04 AM
At 5/8/2014 10:17:20 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/8/2014 10:09:50 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
You write really well.

Keep it up!

--

The sad part was my story was about a patient, who was in a coma. It was about one of my friends actually, who had passed away not even a month earlier.

The teacher told me that my story was illogical because I wrote that my friend woke up from the coma instead of dying, that I should have stated that she passed away and was watching over me. She laughed at me and asked in front of the class, "Annie, do you really believe things like that happen in real life? That [friend's name] would have actually woken up?"

As I tell a lot of people on DDO, I am not good in front of crowds or being the centre of attention, yet she pointed it out in front of the class. The class was looking at me. I tried to inform her it is possible for a coma patient to wake up and she told me to stop living in a "dream world." The class laughed at me.

I sucked it up and waited till I got home and then burst into tears in the bathroom.

-
Let it be noted that the same ENGLISH teacher can't spell because she said that when you have a baby, you lose brain cells and intelligence.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 3:09:07 PM
At 5/6/2014 2:00:55 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Previous episode: http://www.debate.org...

The purple supernova stretched her twenty arms like a maiden yawning after a good night sleep, while the celestial eggs of 00122112 stood there silently like beads held together by an invisible string.

In one of the celestial eggs, two voices disrupted the predominant silence as one walked in circles around the room while the other slowly followed. "Where the hell is she?" shouted Voice 1, while Voice 2 trudged behind him trying to calm him down.

It was a Saturday. She spent most of her Saturdays traveling across the coastline to meet her parents. Her consciousness wandered off to many places beyond the Australian coastline, and returned whenever the pictorial pattern of flatlands and valleys was interrupted with something that caught her attention such as a stretch of Norfolk Island Pines pointing their green fingers towards the sky.

There was a spatter of rain which smudged her reflection on the window and another spatter that landed like a moist kiss somewhere on her arms. A man recognized her and called "Rross?" She turned around abruptly and saw a familiar face of an ex-colleague, but met his excitement with a hurried "hello" and turned around facing the bus driver.

It wasn't long ago when she spent her whole morning with a slow-motion camera observing a wandering bee burying some nectar under her heavily-fluttering wings. But those days changed. "A scientist is happy to be proven wrong" turned out to be another false ideal. She was looked down upon for questioning the works of remarkable names, but that was one of the curses of academic life which she had already deduced from her paperback copy of Rupert Sheldrake's "A New Science", and the biography of Shimon Malin and other scientists.

The bus abruptly stopped. It was kilometers away from her stop, so she turned around to see what had happened, but heavy hands grabbed her neck and pulled her head downwards. She looked upwards gasping for a breath, while her ex-colleague tightened his choke for a few seconds until her vision blurred and she finally surrendered to death..

The two voices were getting impatient. Voice 2 glided aimlessly in the middle of the room, while Voice 1 stood in the room's center with a look of exhaustion on his face. "It was just a moment of time" Voice 2 said confidently, while Voice 1 glared at him impatiently. The inter-galatico beeper went off. Both voices grinned and retreated to their hidden chamber. "It's going to be fun" whispered Voice 2, thinking that the latter's impatience was killing the thrill of the hunt.

The only light that reached the inner chamber was now coming from a circular window that stood alone against a looming expanse of nothingness gathered around a distant supernova, which seemed as if it was extending silver and purple feathers above the celestial eggs like a swan stretching her wings. Light orbs emerged and danced around the room's floor awaiting the next iridescent explosion of another traveler, illuminating dark corners and revealing patches and drawings on the nearby walls.

Rross stood silently. Her clothes were all messed up and her eyes were fixed on the metallic ground that appeared beneath her. She went a few steps backwards and touched the rusted metal of what must have been an old spaceship, shocked by how she viewed her surroundings with a 360-degrees vision.

"Miss Rross, don't be afraid" said a calm voice which frightened her to death.

"Who are you" she asked frightfully. "Where am I?"

Rross couldn't remember her final moments. The last thing she saw was a rush of white lines that covered her with a freezing sensation, and then a transient blast of warmth which brought her to this chamber.

Voice1 cleared his throat, "You have to make a wish for your second life and you have few minutes to do so, otherwise you would disintegrate into electrical charges"

Voice 2 continued "We are only here to help you and we've been doing that for something like 259..."

"260 eternities" Voice1 interrupted.

Rross couldn't understand how eternities could measure time, but she didn't seem to have the time to struggle with such abstract concepts. It was possible that Wittgenstein's beetle was in-play where where two individuals could avoid miscommunication while having different inner variables and references, especially individuals from different galaxies, but this seemed like an utter miscommunication.

"I.. uhm."

Rross struggled to talk. Voice 2 spoke confidently with a sense of pride, "Miss Rross, you're short on time. Some people prefer to disintegrate. It is up to you."

Seconds passed and Rross still stood there confused. It was unfair to make such a decision on such a short notice. "Have you been in such a situation?" asked Rross, wondering whether her time was already over.

Voice 1 politely replied, "Miss Rross. Forget about us. What do you want for yourself?"

It seemed that she possibly was in a state of analysis paralysis, where she was evaluating the pros and cons of her decision indefinitely with a limited sample of evidence. Being cautious in such moments was not that logical, she thought to herself. Her bodily form has actually changed into a form of consciousness that is able to cognitively visualize a radius of the world without any eyes, and that seemed real as the pancakes she had this morning.

"I..." Rross started to speak and then stopped. Her voice came out motherly and wounded, revealing more than she expected to reveal. "I... want to live my second life without interacting with others. Sociability has been my main source of misery.... and... and possibly the reason for my death."

Voices 1 and 2 shared an awkward moment of silence, but then Voice 1 cleared his throat and whispered, "Granted. Miss Rross", and then the walls expanded and decompressed giving the impression that the celestial egg was about to hatch but changed its mind mid-through.

Rross was absorbed by the walls and the voices stood there smiling weirdly at each other. Voice 2 ruined the moment with a look of confusion and asked, "What is their earthly day in eternities?". Voice 1 sighed disappointed, "You should know that by now, Shibboleth. Now let's head out."

I think this is cool. One of the few DDO writing things I've actually read every episode of so far. Can't wait for the next...!
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 2:25:18 PM
Wonderful. Seriously, I love it. Moving on to read part 2/2 right now.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...