Jump to topic:

Fanfiction series competition?

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 4:58:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
We can assign like judges who would go over the series and select best storyline, stylistics, creativity and whatever other criteria that comes to mind. The results will be submitted forum-wise, and so it would just be an incentive for writers to compete and enhance their writing skills.

IMHO, the series doesn't need to be complete. Perhaps at least three or four episodes, so the judges have enough text to judge.

I'm too irresponsible to organize this, so if someone is... let us start signups or something. I'd be interested to join as contestant although I'm a non-native speaker.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 5:02:15 PM
At 5/6/2014 4:58:08 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
We can assign like judges who would go over the series and select best storyline, stylistics, creativity and whatever other criteria that comes to mind. The results will be submitted forum-wise, and so it would just be an incentive for writers to compete and enhance their writing skills.

IMHO, the series doesn't need to be complete. Perhaps at least three or four episodes, so the judges have enough text to judge.

I'm too irresponsible to organize this, so if someone is... let us start signups or something. I'd be interested to join as contestant although I'm a non-native speaker.

this is actually a kickazz idea

props
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:10:09 PM
Sounds cool.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:27:31 PM
I like the idea, but I think the writers need to stay out of it. Otherwise I'd be happy to organize and everything, but I think it should be independent of us.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:32:37 PM
At 5/6/2014 6:27:31 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like the idea, but I think the writers need to stay out of it. Otherwise I'd be happy to organize and everything, but I think it should be independent of us.

Yeah, I agree. I'm hoping Daytona, Bsh1, TUF or someone is willing to volunteer to organize the whole thing.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:34:37 PM
At 5/6/2014 6:32:37 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I'm hoping Daytona, Bsh1, TUF or someone is willing to volunteer to organize the whole thing.

Those are good nominations. I see bsh1 and TUF as particularly good at organization, and Daytona is good too. Although, Daytona is posting the DDO House of Cards and I think writing the rest, so bsh1 or TUF would be a better idea.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:39:35 PM
At 5/6/2014 6:34:37 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Those are good nominations. I see bsh1 and TUF as particularly good at organization, and Daytona is good too. Although, Daytona is posting the DDO House of Cards and I think writing the rest, so bsh1 or TUF would be a better idea.

Bsh1 agreed to do so next week. :)
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 6:42:14 PM
At 5/6/2014 6:39:35 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/6/2014 6:34:37 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Bsh1 agreed to do so next week. :)

Yay!

So I guess we can have him host the polls. A question he actually brought up (I made a thread similar to this one entitled DDOscars) is whether there should be like a committee of people to vote. I personally think that's a good idea.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 9:00:44 PM
I rather you not judge my story once i start writing it i like criticism but something about criticism from the viewers over a judge just fits in my head better. so go ahead do it but leave me out of it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:16:27 AM
At 5/6/2014 9:00:44 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I rather you not judge my story once i start writing it i like criticism but something about criticism from the viewers over a judge just fits in my head better. so go ahead do it but leave me out of it

Yes, I understand that. They will only judge stories submitted to be judged.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:40:26 AM
At 5/6/2014 9:28:33 PM, Romanii wrote:
Lol I'm following all the stories, but I can't be a judge because I love them all too much to choose one...

agreed
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.