Jump to topic:

I will not be running for president again

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 10:24:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would like to announce that I will not be running for president in this next upcoming election. I am sorry if this comes as a shock to any people, especially those who I know were already planning their support for me, or running with me. I figure making this announcement public just kills every bird with one stone.

If you are wondering why, there are actually several reasons.

I was already having stipulations about running; as my previous hesitance in announcing my candidacy might have indicated. I think as far as communication with Juggle goes, my duties have been fulfilled and continue to be carried out. But when I wanted to become president, I also wanted to be much more involved in the community building aspects as well. As you may have noticed, my activity and availability to do that has gone down as a factor of work, having a fiance, and my trying to maintain a life.

And while I certainly could continue giving you the time that I have been and would love to do it more, I feel like it isn't fair to the community. The community does deserve a president who can devote more time into the things they want.

But the main reason I cannot run again, is because I am going to be returning to school, in which I will barely have any time for this. And with Bladerunner060 announcing his candidacy, I feel even more confident in my retraction from this race that I will be leaving this site in undoubtedly, good hands.

I would still love to help out whoever get's elected as the new president in whatever way I can. But my creative side is burning, I have been here for a long time, and I as of lately feel satisfied by learning new things, by creating and building things; advancing in life. I will be putting most of my available time into DDOfans and other personal projects.

I have enjoyed being president very much, and I am thankful that I had the opportunity to say I filled the role. Thank you to every one who has helped me in my presidency, in creating projects, or supporting me in anyway. I will enjoy my last month with you as president, and say that I am honestly excited to see what's coming next!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 10:32:52 PM
At 5/7/2014 10:24:45 PM, TUF wrote:
I would like to announce that I will not be running for president in this next upcoming election. I am sorry if this comes as a shock to any people, especially those who I know were already planning their support for me, or running with me. I figure making this announcement public just kills every bird with one stone.

If you are wondering why, there are actually several reasons.

I was already having stipulations about running; as my previous hesitance in announcing my candidacy might have indicated. I think as far as communication with Juggle goes, my duties have been fulfilled and continue to be carried out. But when I wanted to become president, I also wanted to be much more involved in the community building aspects as well. As you may have noticed, my activity and availability to do that has gone down as a factor of work, having a fiance, and my trying to maintain a life.

And while I certainly could continue giving you the time that I have been and would love to do it more, I feel like it isn't fair to the community. The community does deserve a president who can devote more time into the things they want.

But the main reason I cannot run again, is because I am going to be returning to school, in which I will barely have any time for this. And with Bladerunner060 announcing his candidacy, I feel even more confident in my retraction from this race that I will be leaving this site in undoubtedly, good hands.

I would still love to help out whoever get's elected as the new president in whatever way I can. But my creative side is burning, I have been here for a long time, and I as of lately feel satisfied by learning new things, by creating and building things; advancing in life. I will be putting most of my available time into DDOfans and other personal projects.

I have enjoyed being president very much, and I am thankful that I had the opportunity to say I filled the role. Thank you to every one who has helped me in my presidency, in creating projects, or supporting me in anyway. I will enjoy my last month with you as president, and say that I am honestly excited to see what's coming next!

Wow. Idk what to say...
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 10:33:23 PM
Wow...x2
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 11:08:56 PM
I very much enjoyed working with you TUF, and it's understandable why you feel you shouldn't run again. While it comes as a surprise and is disappointing, it sounds like you are making the right decision for yourself and the site.

You have done a great job and I wish you all the best.
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 11:20:26 PM
At 5/7/2014 11:08:56 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I very much enjoyed working with you TUF, and it's understandable why you feel you shouldn't run again. While it comes as a surprise and is disappointing, it sounds like you are making the right decision for yourself and the site.

You have done a great job and I wish you all the best.

Thankyou Airmax, it means a lot. I enjoyed working with you as well, and I hope I can continue doing so in the future in whatever way I can.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 11:34:00 PM
You did good with the time you had.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 4:33:14 AM
Wow. I really was expecting you to run. In both polls, you were up with big margins, TUF. Now, it looks like it is a 2 pony race between me and Blade.

Thanks for the hard work, TUF.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 4:40:12 AM
Thanks for the dedication, Tuf. It would've been a grueling race had you decided to run haha -- for anyone else, that is. I hope things work out for you.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 4:44:38 AM
I am shocked.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:35:32 AM
At 5/8/2014 4:44:38 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I am shocked.

+1
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:51:24 AM
At 5/8/2014 4:33:14 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
Wow. I really was expecting you to run. In both polls, you were up with big margins, TUF. Now, it looks like it is a 2 pony race between me and Blade.

Thanks good luck in the election mate. Now I hope my lack of excitement in that message makes sense lol.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:52:07 AM
At 5/8/2014 4:40:12 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Thanks for the dedication, Tuf. It would've been a grueling race had you decided to run haha -- for anyone else, that is. I hope things work out for you.

Thanks mate good luck! Let me know of you need anything.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 12:23:43 PM
At 5/8/2014 7:51:24 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/8/2014 4:33:14 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

Thanks good luck in the election mate. Now I hope my lack of excitement in that message makes sense lol.

Haha, yeah it does.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 8:52:33 PM
Good luck at school!
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 9:23:05 PM
After reading this, I'm voting jifpop, or bubba the clown.

Just playing. but really I hope someone is running who isn't going to be a douche. but I guess that would pretty much be everyone except you. I really liked your town halls, it was awesome that you held tournaments, and I especially liked that you hosted live mafia games. Hopefully whoever is running will carry the team tournaments proposal to victory.

I believe that you will continue to be a supporter of that even without being called president, and that your voice will continue to be a strong advocate for the betterment of the DDO community no matter what position you are in.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 5:19:40 PM
Aww I was really looking forward to running a smear campaign... Already collected a bit of data for a 1 minute video.

But other than that, good.
0x5f3759df
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 8:15:09 PM
Skeerd
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 8:39:38 PM
At 5/13/2014 9:23:05 PM, Josh_b wrote:

Just playing. but really I hope someone is running who isn't going to be a douche. but I guess that would pretty much be everyone except you. I really liked your town halls, it was awesome that you held tournaments, and I especially liked that you hosted live mafia games. Hopefully whoever is running will carry the team tournaments proposal to victory.

I believe that you will continue to be a supporter of that even without being called president, and that your voice will continue to be a strong advocate for the betterment of the DDO community no matter what position you are in.

If you're interested in learning about the other candidates, here they are:

Bladerunner060/Bsh1
Kbub/Whiteflame
Larz/(?)

If you have any question about Blade and I's campaign, I'd be happy to answer them. so would Blade. Just shoot one of us a PM :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 11:43:51 PM
At 5/14/2014 5:19:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
Aww I was really looking forward to running a smear campaign... Already collected a bit of data for a 1 minute video.

But other than that, good.

I am guessing it had something to do with the tournament results?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 12:16:27 AM
At 5/15/2014 12:11:13 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Mod powers is the only thing that really matters. Who really cares who is president?

#Forrealztho

Why can't we all be Grant-ed mod powers?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 12:19:25 AM
At 5/15/2014 12:16:27 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/15/2014 12:11:13 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Mod powers is the only thing that really matters. Who really cares who is president?

#Forrealztho

Why can't we all be Grant-ed mod powers?

I see what you did there... I just don't know why.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 1:09:50 AM
At 5/14/2014 8:39:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bladerunner060/Bsh1
Kbub/Whiteflame
Larz/(?)

If you have any question about Blade and I's campaign, I'd be happy to answer them. so would Blade. Just shoot one of us a PM :)

I'd rather a public forum, or to bombard your AMAA
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 1:11:22 AM
At 5/15/2014 1:09:50 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 5/14/2014 8:39:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bladerunner060/Bsh1
Kbub/Whiteflame
Larz/(?)

I'd rather a public forum, or to bombard your AMAA

Lol...just ask me here then...Warning: I'll be offline in 5/10 minutes, but if I don't respond tonight, I will certainly do so tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics