Jump to topic:

Attack on DDO EPISODE THREE

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 5:21:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The ride through the woods was a high-speed, bumpy adrenaline ride, especially for the trio of teenagers sitting in the back of Mikal"s truck. Mikal took a look back at them, making sure that all of ClassicRobert, Thett3 and Wylted were still in the back. Seeing that they were all still there, bouncing around, as well as Daytona and the other car tailing them still, Mikal turned back around to the front, letting out a big sigh and considering the day that they had had so far. Soldiers dropping out of the sky, invading his home in the forums; none of it made any kind of sense. The last time Mikal heard of any kind of conflict was in the history forums, but that was years ago. Who ever thought that it would happen on his front door step?

"Yo, Mikal, we"re here."

His brother parking the car brought his attention back to the real world, and Mikal climbed out of the car. Daytona and the other car parked behind them. Another kid climbed out of Daytona"s car, and Mikal recognized the kid as Progressivedem, Daytona"s vice-president. The two were inseparable, one always piggy-backing off of the other"s ideas. Daytona gave YYW a curious look before going over to talk to Wylted and ClassicRobert.

YYW rubbed his head, trying to keep up with everything that was going on while trying to think of what the next move was to do. There was no way they were going to be able to fight against the invading forces with their current ability, hell he wasn"t even sure if any of the people with him right now wanted to fight, so their only choice as of now was to just try to survive. He looked over at his brother, standing there, looking at everyone with a state of confusion and shock written over his face. YYW walked over to his brother, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, Mikal. Try and get people inside. I"ll go see who the other people were."

Mikal looked up at him, nodded after a few seconds before walking over to his friends, leaving YYW to look at the third car. A man climbed out of the driver"s seat, a middle-aged looking guy. A couple climbed out of the back, both young looking. The girl ran over to the other guy, hugging him tightly as they whispered amongst themselves, most likely trying to reassure one another. The man looked back at the couple, and then back at YYW with a nod, and it was only then that YYW recognized him as EndarkenedRationalist. He was the janitor at the highschool he and Mikal went to, and an overall solid guy. Endarkened walked closer to YYW, out of earshot of the couple he drove. "They"re zmikecuber and Esocialbookworm. They"re from out of town, visiting her parents before they were gonna get married in a month. They just watched her parents get killed."

YYW just shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. Whoever these people were, if they were killing civilians then one thing was abundantly clear: these people were serious. "We"ll worry about that later. Just get everyone inside for now. The sooner we"re out of the open, the better."

YYW turned around and came face-to-face with Mikal and Thett3, which made him sigh. "YYW? What are we going to do? We can"t get any kind of phone service and we don"t know where our parents are. My parents are still out there." Thett asked, and looked like he could keep going on before YYW stopped him. "Which is why it"s gonna be your job to get us some kind of way to figure out what"s going on. Get a radio working, get the TV on; just get us some kind of information to work with here. I"ll get the generator running so you have some power to work with." YYW instructed calmly, already walking toward the house.

"But YYW, what am I supposed to do?" Mikal asked, following him as ClassicRobert left to go grab Thett and get to work. "You need to make sure everyone else is staying busy, then less we"re thinking about the crap going on outside the better for now. Search the house for anything we can use. Search our trailer for anything we can use. Anything we can use bring back to the living room in the house." YYW instructed again, getting a reassured nod from Mikal.

-----

Daytona and Progressive were rummaging through the trailer behind the house, Classic and Thett searching through some of the boxes next to them, talking about how they can get some kind of satellite connection to make the TVs work. Mikal had just went back to the house, taking an old hunting rifle he found in the trailer as well as all the ammo for it he could find. "Daytona, this is stupid. Shouldn"t we be trying to look for our parents and make sure they"re safe?" Progressive whispered to him, mindlessly rummaging around in a few of the drawers. Daytona didn"t respond, opening one of the cabinets and pulling out a few blankets and a bag of jerky, setting it aside to bring back before shutting it and moving to a different set of drawers. "I mean, should we even be trying to fight? You really think they would kill us if we just surrendered peacefully?" Progressive continued softly, eyeing Classic and Thett carefully as they walked out of the trailer, a bunch of different electrical equipment and what looked like a small, portable satellite dish in their hands.

Daytona just shrugged, opening a drawer and clearing away a few papers before pulling out what looked like a lockbox. "I"m not sure. We don"t have to decide anything for right now. We can figure things out later. We have supplies and relative safety here, and we always have the choice to leave if we want to. We"ll just play it safe and play it for us right now." Daytona spoke, opening up the lockbox and emptying out the contents of it to find a few papers and a pistol. Daytona arched his eyebrow at the pistol, picking it up and examining it before looking back at Progressive. "Just you and me; we look out for each other and take care of each other. Just like it"s always been." He said, tucking the pistol into his waistband and sliding his shirt and jacket over it to conceal it.

-----

"How is it now!?" Robert called from the doorway, holding up his jury-rigged satellite dish up as high as he could, slowly rotating it from side to site to try and find the best position to get a signal.

"Still static! Try moving it a little mo"wait! Go back!" Thett called, watching as an image briefly flickered onto the screen before disappearing. A few moments later the image came back. "Hold it there!" Thett called, running over with a roll of duct tape to help hold it in that spot. Thett had made sure it was tuned to the local news station, which was in the middle of a broadcast at the moment:

""and we"re encouraging everyone to remain in their homes at this point. Do not be traveling outside, either alone or in groups. Accidents are more likely to happen when people are moving around. We"d like to take this time to--."

The broadcast didn"t get the time to before YYW slammed his fist on the power button, shutting the TV off with a frustrated expression written on his face. "Hey, why"d you do that? We were watching that!" Mikal asked. "Because what they"re saying is bullsh*t!" YYW snapped back, his frustration evident from his voice. He looked like he wanted to continue, to explain how at this point the media was likely being controlled by whoever invaded and they just wanted to try and control the public to suppress any kind of dissent, but he thought better of it; there wasn"t any point in making them more scared and frightened than they already were. He just shook his head and walked out to the front porch, intending to keep watch.

--- (cont.) ---
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 5:24:32 AM
--- (cont.) ---

Mikal watched his brother walk out of the house, trying to wrap his head around the entire situation, as conversation started buzzing all around him.

"Bullsh*t? What does he mean by that?" Bookworm asked.

"I don"t think they"d intentionally try to lie to us." Classis said carefully.

"It means we"re screwed!" Daytona shouted out, which silenced the conversation at that point. No one wanted to think about what would happen if he was right. Mikal rubbed his head in frustration, walking outside onto the porch to talk to his brother. He couldn"t stay in there any longer, or it would drive him insane.

YYW sat on the front porch, the hunting rifle sitting in his lap, mulling over the situation when the soft pad of footsteps behind him alerted him to someone walking up behind him. YYW glanced back, seeing his brother, looked back out toward the one path leading to their hideaway. "How are things inside?" YYW asked, curious to know the rest of the group"s mental state. "They"re shocked, but I don"t think anyone"s really freaking out." Mikal replied calmly, sitting down beside him. "How"d this even happen? Don"t we have, like, defenses for this kind of thing?" Mikal asked, assuming his brother would know how something like this could happen. But YYW shrugged, shaking his head. "I don"t know." This only left more questions for Mikal that needed answering. "You think this is like this everywhere?" Mikal asked, which only got a dumbfounded look from his brother in response. "I"m pretty sure they wouldn"t invade DDO just for the forum section." Mused YYW, chuckling a little before a flicker of light from in front of him attracted his attention. It was a faint beam of light, now two beams of light, which were steadily increasing in strength. Which could only mean one thing:

"There"s a car coming." YYW concluded, getting up quickly and loading the rifle before turning to Mikal. "Go back inside and kill the lights, get everyone hidden and keep them quiet." He instructed quickly, already walking toward the road. "What are you going to do then?" Mikal called back, walking after him. YYW chuckled sourly. "I"m gonna draw their attention and hope like hell they take the bait." Mikal looked at his brother with a look of disbelief. "You can"t go out there alone! I"m coming with you!" YYW turned back around, grabbing Mikal"s collar and pulling him in close. "No, you"re not. I need you to be a team player here. Your job is to get them to shut up and to kill the lights, and I need you to do it. Don"t worry about me." YYW said quickly and forcefully, letting his brother go again and staring him down, making sure that his brother would actually do what he wanted, before turning and sprinting off into the woods, parallel to the path leading in.

As YYW ran, the lights kept getting brighter and brighter, and the sound of an engine was becoming more and more audible. There definitely was someone coming. YYW leapt over a piece of brush, keeping his feet moving as he went up a ways before camping out behind a tree, aiming his rifle forward and glancing back to see if Mikal had done his job. The lights were still on. "Damnit Mikal, come on." YYW muttered to himself, looking forward again for a few seconds before glancing back again. The lights were still on. "Come on"" he muttered absent-mindedly, looking forward again. He was starting to shift in place, nervous about if his brother would come through. He took one last glance back. The lights were still"

The lights shut off. YYW let out a sigh of relief as the sound of the engine was coming closer and closer. He tightened his grip on his rifle, aiming down the sight at the road, preparing for the incoming car. The headlights were starting to come into view now. They were the headlights"

Of a convertible with its top down, a single guy in the driver"s seat. No bad guys were coming. YYW let out a relieved sigh, walking out into the path with his hand out to get the guy to stop so they could talk.

BANG!

It was only part due to his training as a soldier to have fast reflexes, and a lot due to sheer luck, that the shot fired in that direction whizzed past YYW"s head, hitting nothing but the dirt ground past the car. A few shouts came from behind him, and general commotion could be heard. YYW turned around quickly to see Mikal chasing down Daytona, knocking a hand that held a pistol downwards. "I swear to god"" YYW muttered to himself, looking back and motioning for the car to follow him down as he jogged back toward the house and the group.

"What the hell were you thinking!? You nearly took my head off!" YYW shouted at Daytona, who looked confused and befuddled that the people who were coming weren"t soldiers. "I"I thought they got past you!" Daytona said, but YYW wasn"t buying it. He gestured to the pistol Daytona was holding, beckoning it closer. "Just give me the gun." YYW said, stepping closer. Daytona laughed a little and shook his head. "I"m not giving you d*ck. Who put you in charge?" YYW let out a frustrated sigh, holding his hands up passively and walking toward Daytona. "Okay, alright. Let"s just talk about this"" YYW said softly, walking closer and closer to Daytona. When he was close enough, YYW leapt at Daytona, one hand grabbing the gun in his hand and the other hand going straight to Daytona"s chest, giving him a hard shove and sending him to the ground hard. Daytona sat there for a bit before getting up and dusting himself off. He gave YYW a poisonous look before walking back towards the house.

YYW let out a frustrated sigh, pointing back toward the house. "Everyone get back inside." He called out, watching everyone start to move before looking to the car and not quite believing his eyes as bsh1 stepped out of the convertible. Bsh smiled softly, walking over to YYW. "Bsh? How did you find this place?" YYW asked. Bsh1 rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I ran into your dad before things got too intense. He told me to find you here."

YYW shrugged and gestured back toward the house. "Well we got supplies and we"re fairly out of the way here. You should come inside and get some sleep. God only knows that tomorrow"s gonna be worse."
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 5:30:45 AM
I know it's not Saturday, but I was feeling like writing so I decided to just crank this one out and go for it. I will still be updating this Saturday, so happy end-of-finals for those of you lucky bastards who have them all done right now.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:08:27 AM
Good episode.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:00:58 AM
I don't see what Niqash means. I think it was really good and well written.

It was definitely interesting... I suspect Daytona (no offense) is a bad guy!

--

Lol. Was your idea to get Mike and me to get married because of his forum post with my mis-interview?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:03:32 AM
"How is it now!?" Robert called from the doorway, holding up his jury-rigged satellite dish up as high as he could, slowly rotating it from side to site to try and find the best position to get a signal.

"Still static! Try moving it a little mo"wait! Go back!" Thett called, watching as an image briefly flickered onto the screen before disappearing. A few moments later the image came back. "Hold it there!" Thett called, running over with a roll of duct tape to help hold it in that spot. Thett had made sure it was tuned to the local news station, which was in the middle of a broadcast at the moment:

""and we"re encouraging everyone to remain in their homes at this point. Do not be traveling outside, either alone or in groups. Accidents are more likely to happen when people are moving around. We"d like to take this time to--."

The broadcast didn"t get the time to before YYW slammed his fist on the power button, shutting the TV off with a frustrated expression written on his face. "Hey, why"d you do that? We were watching that!" Mikal asked. "Because what they"re saying is bullsh*t!" YYW snapped back, his frustration evident from his voice. He looked like he wanted to continue, to explain how at this point the media was likely being controlled by whoever invaded and they just wanted to try and control the public to suppress any kind of dissent, but he thought better of it; there wasn"t any point in making them more scared and frightened than they already were. He just shook his head and walked out to the front porch, intending to keep watch.

*shakes head*
The media never has the right story in these situations. They're either blackmailed, over-run, stupid or trying to ensure that the citizens are ignor- I mean, calm.

And when they try to make you calm, that's when all Hell usually breaks loose.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:07:48 AM
At 5/8/2014 8:00:58 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

--

Lol. Was your idea to get Mike and me to get married because of his forum post with my mis-interview?

Nah. Just looked for two people of opposite sex who were close to one another. Could've done Maikuru/Tulle, but neither of them signed up and I didn't want to force too many people to sign up. YOu did, so I threw mike under the bus.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:08:50 AM
At 5/8/2014 8:07:48 AM, Zaradi wrote:

--

Nah. Just looked for two people of opposite sex who were close to one another. Could've done Maikuru/Tulle, but neither of them signed up and I didn't want to force too many people to sign up. YOu did, so I threw mike under the bus.

Lol. Kay. Haha.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:29:40 AM

I haven't even commented on this particular episode.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:33:09 AM
At 5/8/2014 8:29:40 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I meant before. You said something about his writing being too robotic or something like that. I don't see it.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:35:10 AM
At 5/8/2014 8:33:09 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I meant before. You said something about his writing being too robotic or something like that. I don't see it.

What makes you think everything I said on Episode 1 applies to Episode 2 and 3?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:41:48 AM
At 5/8/2014 8:35:10 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/8/2014 8:33:09 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

What makes you think everything I said on Episode 1 applies to Episode 2 and 3?

My bad. Sorry about that. I guess it is possible for your opinion to change as the story progresses.

I definitely don't see this episode being "robotic" though. :)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 2:32:27 PM
I appeared so the episode is 1000x more awesome.

Seriously, though, it was really good. I needed this. Now back to studying for finals. You can help me, Zaradi; Nietzsche's on mine. :-)
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 1:24:27 AM
hes just jealous that he has not been included in the story, so he whines and crys about how bad everyones story is. I personally like this fanfic its exciting.

--

"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 1:27:38 AM
At 5/9/2014 1:24:27 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
hes just jealous that he has not been included in the story, so he whines and crys about how bad everyones story is. I personally like this fanfic its exciting.

Oh you think it's exciting now? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

--

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:08:30 AM
At 5/9/2014 1:27:38 AM, Zaradi wrote:

I'm waiting :p

--

"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:15:06 AM
At 5/9/2014 5:08:30 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Saturday is when the next episode comes out :P
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:09:06 AM
At 5/9/2014 5:15:06 AM, Zaradi wrote:

So ... far... awayyyy... :(
JK.

Yay! You write fast.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:13:02 AM
At 5/9/2014 6:09:06 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/9/2014 5:15:06 AM, Zaradi wrote:

So ... far... awayyyy... :(
JK.

Yay! You write fast.

Well, I did promise it, so I must deliver. I already have it halfway done, but getting the rest done today will be interesting because I'm moving out from my dorm today xD so it maaaaay be posted kinda late in the day on Saturday. Just depends on how move-out goes.