Jump to topic:

So Long, DDO

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 5:56:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I trust that no one will see this or care about what I have to say -- I'm used to it by now -- but, for some God forsaken reason, I'm going to drone on nevertheless.

I won't go into too much detail with this post.

I'm withdrawing my name from the election and permanently leaving DDO. By the time you read this, actually, I'll have already deactivated.

There are a lot of reasons, actually, and I'm not going to go into all of them. I don't appreciate people questioning my integrity with no evidence whatsoever, nor do I enjoy signing onto DDO expecting a flame war. Quite honestly, this isn't fun for me anymore, which is really the only reason that anyone would come to this site in the first place. It's difficult traversing uncharted waters as an outsider. Think about it. And it doesn't really help that my best DDO friend was just banned when I'm sure there are plenty of people who have committed much, much worse offenses -- actually, there are.

So, before I go, a few positive acknowledgments:

Everyone on the pirate party: You've all been great buddies and I truly appreciate your unwavering support even when things seemed hopeless.

Daytona: I'm sorry that I can't follow through with this election. Have fun running against the next ordained leader -- no, that's attacking the DDO hierarchy, not the guy whom I don't even know.

And, well, that's it.

Peace
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 6:50:10 PM
Farewell
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:35:51 PM
At 5/8/2014 5:56:07 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I don't appreciate people questioning my integrity with no evidence whatsoever, nor do I enjoy signing onto DDO expecting a flame war.

Amen to that.

Quite honestly, this isn't fun for me anymore, which is really the only reason that anyone would come to this site in the first place.

Here here.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:55:34 PM
I trust that no one will see this or care about what I have to say -- I'm used to it by now -- but, for some God forsaken reason, I'm going to drone on nevertheless.

I'm withdrawing my name from the election and permanently leaving DDO. By the time you read this, actually, I'll have already deactivated.

There are a lot of reasons, actually, and I'm not going to go into all of them. I don't appreciate people questioning my integrity with no evidence whatsoever, nor do I enjoy signing onto DDO expecting a flame war. Quite honestly, this isn't fun for me anymore, which is really the only reason that anyone would come to this site in the first place. It's difficult traversing uncharted waters as an outsider. Think about it. And it doesn't really help that my best DDO friend was just banned when I'm sure there are plenty of people who have committed much, much worse offenses -- actually, there are.

Everyone on the pirate party: You've all been great buddies and I truly appreciate your unwavering support even when things seemed hopeless.

Daytona: I'm sorry that I can't follow through with this election. Have fun running against the next ordained leader -- no, that's attacking the DDO hierarchy, not the guy whom I don't even know.

And, well, that's it.

Peace

Holy crap.

But B-BUT....

;(
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 7:56:10 PM
You will be missed.

*hug*
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:27:42 PM
Adding you onto the list of people who were actually serious about leaving :'(
-imabench
-OtakuJordan
-TheHitchslap
-progressivedem22
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:29:54 PM
At 5/8/2014 8:27:42 PM, Romanii wrote:
-imabench
-OtakuJordan
-TheHitchslap
-progressivedem22

I don't know if she counts but DauntlessWarrior... she wasn't that DDO famous...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:30:47 PM
At 5/8/2014 8:29:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
-imabench
-OtakuJordan
-TheHitchslap
-progressivedem22

I don't know if she counts but DauntlessWarrior... she wasn't that DDO famous...

Lol I've never even heard of her...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:31:07 PM
And it doesn't really help that my best DDO friend was just banned when I'm sure there are plenty of people who have committed much, much worse offenses -- actually, there are.

Umm... who's he referring to? Jif?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 8:31:30 PM
At 5/8/2014 8:30:47 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/8/2014 8:29:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
-imabench
-OtakuJordan
-TheHitchslap
-progressivedem22

Lol I've never even heard of her...

My bff in real life...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 9:04:23 PM

And, well, that's it.

Peace

Aww :( he sounds sad...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 9:26:39 PM
-imabench
-OtakuJordan
-TheHitchslap
-progressivedem22

(Crys)
Dude... Stop...
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 9:27:29 PM
At 5/8/2014 8:31:07 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
And it doesn't really help that my best DDO friend was just banned when I'm sure there are plenty of people who have committed much, much worse offenses -- actually, there are.

I think so. Nice selfie.
Dude... Stop...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 9:33:21 PM

And, well, that's it.

Peace

You should have just withdrawn.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 10:30:37 PM
At 5/8/2014 9:27:29 PM, Fanath wrote:
At 5/8/2014 8:31:07 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I think so. Nice selfie.
Thanks. Ima hottie, not so?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 10:53:58 PM
At 5/8/2014 9:04:23 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

And, well, that's it.

Peace

Aww :( he sounds sad...

I know, that's the worst part :/
He left because he felt unwelcome :'(
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 11:01:04 PM
WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING?????????????????

Also, WHY DID HE DISBAND THE PIRATES???????? I THOUGHT WE HAD PLANS TO RIP OUT OTHER PEOPLE'S THROATS AND STEAL STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sobs*
I may or may not be a cat
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 11:05:10 PM
Too bad that you're departing. I'm definitely going to miss you, Progressivedem. This site has seen to many great personalities go. I do hope you change your mind soon.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 11:10:34 PM
I actually pretty pissed off by this

Dude was a great friend of mine. If I find out who was trolling him or annoyed him, I will make it my life goal on DDO to annoy the piss out of you until you decide to jizz into your mouth and choke on it
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 1:36:02 AM
My two Keynesian economist brothers Jifpop and ProgressiveDem have left. I will lead the war against the libertarians!
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:07:19 AM

Literally crying right now. Come back....
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:45:21 AM
At 5/9/2014 1:36:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
My two Keynesian economist brothers Jifpop and ProgressiveDem have left. I will lead the war against the libertarians!

well jif didn't leave per say. he was forcefully removed
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:19:48 AM
At 5/8/2014 11:10:34 PM, Mikal wrote:

Dude was a great friend of mine. If I find out who was trolling him or annoyed him, I will make it my life goal on DDO to annoy the piss out of you until you decide to jizz into your mouth and choke on it

Lemme know if you find out, I'll help.

Progressive was actually really cool and one of the few people who I haven't seen in a flame war.

When I saw this, I remembered, "OH BLOODY CRAP! I STILL HAVE TO POST HIS INTERVIEW!" And then I got sad because he's not going to see it...

I hope he comes back.

TO THE PERSON WHO WAS TROUBLING HIM:
-The video at the side is for you

-Sleep with one eye open
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:20:42 AM
At 5/9/2014 2:45:21 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/9/2014 1:36:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

well jif didn't leave per say. he was forcefully removed

temporarily
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:20:59 AM
At 5/9/2014 2:07:19 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Literally crying right now. Come back....

ikr!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 6:27:58 AM
At 5/9/2014 6:19:48 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/8/2014 11:10:34 PM, Mikal wrote:

Lemme know if you find out, I'll help.

Progressive was actually really cool and one of the few people who I haven't seen in a flame war.

When I saw this, I remembered, "OH BLOODY CRAP! I STILL HAVE TO POST HIS INTERVIEW!" And then I got sad because he's not going to see it...

I hope he comes back.

TO THE PERSON WHO WAS TROUBLING HIM:
-The video at the side is for you

-Sleep with one eye open

Makes me wonder if it was me....
My work here is, finally, done.