Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO Episode 8

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 12:14:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I felt like episode 7 http://www.debate.org... came out later than I would have liked. Plus, episode 9 might - might - be a little late as well. So I figured I could release episode 8 early. Enjoy, all!

10 weeks earlier

Thett and Royal lay in bed together.

The air in Thett's room was cool (not freezing), but Royal refused to pull the blanket any higher than her waist. She was the master of herself and would be beholden to no one and nothing in this world or any other.

Thett rolled over to face Royal. "You awake?"

"Yes," Royal answered.

Thett frowned. "Is everything alright?"

Royal's eyes met Thett's. "Of course."

Thett propped himself up on his elbow. The covers slid slightly downward, exposing his unrivaled abs. Royal resisted the urge to glance down.

"I've heard that before," Thett said. "Tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing," Royal insisted. "Really. Don't worry about it." She planted a kiss on his forehead. Then his chest. And then the covers slipped away entirely.

Present Day

Lannan kicked down the door to Daytona's home. His soldiers poured in through the opening. Lannan marched in behind them, listening to their cries of 'clear.'

"General Lannan, sir," one of the soldiers saluted. "He's not here."

"Find him," Lannan ordered. "All scum must be lynched. Daytona cannot be permitted to escape after what he did."

"Yes, sir!" The soldiers began filing out of the house.

"You and you!" Lannan called. The two indicated soldiers, Cermank and XLAV. turned. "I want you two to hide here and wait for Daytona. If he shows up, you know what to do."

"Yes, general," Cermank saluted. Lannan nodded, satisfied, and departed Daytona's home.

CP eyed Pitbull distrustfully as Pitbull led him into the throne room. It wasn't as grand as the one in the Kingdom of DDO. Rather than gold, everything looked to be constructed from polished silver. The throne itself had sapphires embedded throughout its back, which CP thought would be uncomfortable to sit against, but whatever.

"Kneel for King Larz," Pitbull ordered, slapping the flat of his sword blade against CP's back. CP considered fighting back but decided it wasn't worth it. He wanted the King's cooperation. He knelt.

Somewhere in the room, a pair of doors burst open, and Larz entered the room. CP noticed the shift in the air. Those with magic always exuded some strange tension into the atmosphere. Ore_Ele, Airmax, Larz - CP harbored a strong distaste for magic. Or perhaps hatred was a better word. He hated feeling vulnerable, and everyone without magic was vulnerable to it.

Larz waited until he had sat on the throne before turning to CP.

"What brings you into my realm?" He asked.

"I need," CP swallowed, "I need your help."

"My help? With what?"

"With overthrowing a dictatorship."

Linkish picked the lock on Zaradi's door and slipped silently into his home.

The lights were out everywhere, which meant Zaradi was either out or asleep. Either would be fine for Linkish. He crept throughout the house, taking care to make as little noise as possible. It wasn't that difficult. Zaradi was not one for lavish decorations - in fact, it could easily be described as Spartan.

Linkish crept to Zaradi's wine cabinet. From his bag, he produced a small vial. He only needed to add a few drops to each bottle. It wouldn't take long at all. Hopefully Zaradi wouldn't notice a difference. Uncorking the first bottle, Linkish set to work.

Fifteen minutes later, Linkish was just inserting the new cork into the last bottle when he heard keys in the door. Linkish closed the wine cabinet and stepped back, looking for somewhere to hide. Now he wished Zaradi was a little more lavish with his decorations. Hurriedly, he rushed into a small closet and closed the door just as he heard the front door open.

"Don't think you're going to change my mind, Zaradi," a voice said. Linkish recognized it as belonging to Bookworm.

"Change your mind?" Asked another voice. Wasn't that...Crypto? Linkish muttered a few choice words. He had not planned on spending his evening hiding in Zaradi's closet.

"Drinks, anyone?" Zaradi asked.

"Sure," Crypto and Bookworm chorused. There was a brief pause, and then Linkish heard the clink of the cabinet opening and a bottle being removed.

"That's odd," Zaradi muttered. "I thought I - well, maybe not." Someone set glasses down on the table, and Linkish listened to the wine slosh into them. He closed his eyes and tried to calm his heart. With any luck, he wouldn't have to hide in here for much longer.

Tylergraham led Romanii and SeventhProfessor into the throne room. He stood rigidly behind them. Romanii found it unsettling. He'd never seen Tylergraham so much as smile. Still, he forced himself not to turn around.

"Stay calm," SeventhProfessor whispered. "We're doing the right thing." Romanii just nodded. But that didn't stop him from fidgeting when Mikal swept into the room.

"Romanii! Seventh!" Mikal nodded to each of them. "How good to see you!"

"And you, President," Seventh nodded in return.

"What can I do for you? I'm rather busy managing poor TUF's affairs." SeventhProfessor glanced at Romanii. Romanii studied his shoes.

"We, ah, have reason to believe that, well, kbub..." SeventhProfessor trailed off. She took a deep breath before continuing. "We think kbub might have had something to do with the...assassination."

Mikal looked up. "Why's that?"

SeventhProfessor nudged Romanii. Romanii just looked away. He couldn't do it. SeventhProfessor groaned inwardly.

"She said Bubba was scaling the tower the night of the explosion."

Mikal's face was blank. He picked at his sleeve.

"Thank you for telling me," he said. "You may go."

"You won't hurt her, will you?" Romanii blurted out as Tylergraham seized his arm. Mikal turned back toward him.

"Don't concern yourself with kbub's fate. You and Seventh have made the right decision in coming to me. I'll handle the rest." Romanii looked as though he wanted to protest further, but Tylergraham dragged him out of the room. SeventhProfessor trailed after him. She cast an anxious glance back at Mikal, then coughed and exited the throne room.

Mikal stood there for a few moments, brain whirring with activity. Then he proceeded deeper into the palace. He had to find Ore_Ele. The kbub problem needed to be dealt with. Swiftly.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 12:34:34 PM
I'm betting linkish dies first. It's still too early to kill off the major revolutionary character.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:42:13 PM
At 5/9/2014 12:34:34 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I'm betting linkish dies first. It's still too early to kill off the major revolutionary character.

Oh god I bet we both die at the same time........
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:59:15 PM
Either both of us dies or neither of us dies, just because he's asking which one of us is going to die. That way he can be all like "HAH you're all wrong."
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:01:11 PM
At 5/9/2014 12:34:34 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

This story actually reminds me a lot of A Song of Ice and Fire, and the main character in that series died before the first book was over.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 10:40:04 PM
Good episode.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:17:51 PM
bump nac kfc
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:22:29 PM
Crypto, Bookworm and Zaradi are all gonna die...

)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 9:47:16 AM
Great episode.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~