Jump to topic:

Star Debate Season 1 E2 p3: Guerrilla Zoo

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:47:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Read here: part three was actually supposed to be a lot longer than this, but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel with characters remaining. So I decided to make the next one part 4. If you want me to post it today, I can. Otherwise I'll probably post it tomorrow morning or night. Just let me know.

Anyway, here's part 2: http://www.debate.org...

Mike watched Jifpop looking over the shoulder of Classic as he used the tricorder. The rebels seemed to be watching intently, trying to understand what was going on. One of them had asked to try it, but Classic said it would be best to wait a little longer.

A quick look around had already confirmed there were other captives. Seven of them in the corner. They were in torn up uniforms Mike recognized to be from earth. They were most likely from independent cargo carriers. Either way, he wanted to find a way to get them out of there.

Mike turned and looked at the exits. They must've been close to shore, because there was a torrent raining down outside. The coasts were the only place on this planet that really got any water. The sky was pitch black too. He could barely see a foot outside the cave, and he wondered how the guards did. Or if they did.

Then he heard a scream.

Or a screech. It took him off guard enough that he couldn't determine its nature easily. It came from outside, and that's all he knew. The rebels seemed to recognize it immediately though. They all turned their heads to the entrances with looks of horror.

They started pulling out their weapons and Mike went to the pile to get their phasers.

"Don't use those!" Jifpop yelled, but Mike wasn't good at listening to captors. He trusted that they would be too afraid of whatever was outside to stop him and started grabbing some phasers. Jifpop yelled again saying, "No, idiot! Take some of our guns! You can't fight them with those things. They don't shoot fast enough."

Mike was almost too confused to do anything, but he walked back over to the rebels, and they supplied everyone with guns. This must be a massive enemy if they're willing to arm their captives.

There were some glowing eyes in the dark, then a lanky humanoid figure appeared from the darkness. One of the rebels shot it immediately. The blasts were burning it's skin immediately.

"Don't break their skin!" Jifpop yelled.

Mike couldn't understand why they couldn't break their skin, but he didn't see anything he could break their skin with so he didn't ask.

There was a low growl then the horde rushed them. Everyone started firing, and the creatures started falling down. Were they people? He couldn't tell. They seemed awfully savage, but that didn't make them less than people. That just made them savage people.

He shot one and realized eventually this place would be filled with those things. He didn't want to die here. He signaled to Linkish, Ragnar and Oncoming and said, "Linkish, take Oncoming to one entrance. Ragnar, come with me to the other. We need to do everything we can to keep them out of here!"

Without a word they ran where they were told to be and started firing. It didn't look like the pack of them would ever end. Mike realized he would probably run out of amo and checked for something he could use as a backup. He pocketed one of the phasers. At a second glance he noticed a sharp piece of metal. He picked it up and put it to his right.

He fired as fast as he could making sure that each bullet made a different target. Bodies were piling up outside of the cave. It was the most gruesome thing Mike had seen during his time in Starfleet. It would've made his stomach turn if those things acted anymore like people than they did.

He pulled the trigger again and nothing happened. He was out of ammo.

He pulled out his phaser and set it to the highest stun setting he could. He was hitting them as fast as he could, and they were falling over on contact. Ragnar called out to him, "I'm out! Throw me a phaser!"

Mike reached down and threw him a phaser. As he did so, he heard the scream of one of the rebel guards who were also guarding the door. He turned around and saw one of the creatures charging him.

He reached for the metal and considered it. He didn't really see a problem with breaking their skin. To him it just sounded like a weird moral requirement that shouldn't even apply in this kind of a raid. He reached across and slit its throat.

"Everyone out!" He heard Jifpop yell. "Get out of here!"

People started charging into the hoarde and trying to fight off the creatures. Linkish was doing a particularly good job. He didn't even seem to be bothered. The only thing Mike was worried about concerning him was that he would break his gun while using it as a blunt object.

Oncoming somehow still had ammo and was shooting everything that Linkish was missing. Then he noticed Oncoming had grabbed some clips. He had three hanging from his belt. He wanted to call for one, but he did have the metal and the phaser. He decided to just trust himself instead.

Then he looked back in front of himself, and he could hardly believe his eyes. The sky was blood red, and the rain almost seemed like blood. The creatures were starting to laugh and had weird patterns drawn on their face. Some of them screamed and fire came out of their mouths. It was like fighting an army of demons.

He felt a tug on his shoulder and saw Jifpop standing there. It was hard to see him, but he could make it out through the rain. The rain. It wasn't red. The sky wasn't red. Everything looked normal. "They have a hallucigenic gas in their body! If you break their skin, it releases!" Jifpop yelled through the sound of rain and fighting.

Mike shot a creature that had come up behind Jifpop and asked, "Where are your other men? You looked like you had about a thousand of them a while ago."

"They're still coming out of the cave," he said looking back. "Don't worry about your own men. We're not outnumbered."

"What are they?"

Jifpop and Mike continued shooting as Jifpop explained, "They're a primitive form of life. They have the mind of an animal, but they have an intelligent form of communication, which is the only reason we don't consider them total beasts. They're vicious though. They don't care about other life. As long as their stomachs are full."

"Well, let's hope they don't get the best of us," Mike answered as he turned up his phaser.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 2:50:58 PM
Awesome I seem to be a badas$ :p I love these!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 3:44:26 PM
At 5/9/2014 2:50:58 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Awesome I seem to be a badas$ :p I love these!

Lol I was going for that, and thanks!
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:57:34 PM
This is getting really good. I looked but i couldnt find anything on it. Did we ever find out what happened to the bastards that killed philo?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 11:50:44 PM
At 5/9/2014 5:57:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
This is getting really good. I looked but i couldnt find anything on it. Did we ever find out what happened to the bastards that killed philo?

Oh it was just supposed to be implied that they were taken to be tried in a Federation court. Because it ends with them being arrested and Airmax ordering they be taken to the nearest Starfleet station :P I'm doing endings the same way Star Trek does them. Although, to effectively look for stuff, I have all of the previous parts and episodes linked in my posts. So from here you could keep going back till you get to episode 1 part 1
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 11:54:09 PM
At 5/9/2014 5:29:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Action packed battle sequences are always fantastic! Well done!

Thanks :) I was hoping I got all the fighting right and everything. Battle sequences are like my weakest point of writing in my opinion.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9