Jump to topic:

In Which Daytona Drops Out

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 7:21:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello Debate.org. As you see from the title of this thread, the nature of it should be very clear, and the title serves as this OP's TL;DR. This is a matter relating to the next DDO Election, which will take place this June.

I was the first to announce that they were running for president, and subsequently, got the ball rolling on the topic. However, being the first also puts you under a microscope of scrutiny, and it is obvious to me that I was ill-prepared for the scrutiny that I would face. Not to say that only the first candidate gets scrutinized, it happens to them all, really.

Looking back on the platform that I have embraced as my own, I have realized that I don't really believe in this platform. What else could I offer as a president that the others couldn't? The answer, is simply, nothing. I have grown apathetic with the causes, and I am in a wave of indifference.

With the candidates in the field, and from the last poll's results, I realize that I stand no chance to win this presidency. I don't want to subject myself to the scrutiny that candidates face when I am simply trying for an already-lost cause.

I am confident, that through the candidates that have announced, and the candidates that are to announce their runnings in the future, I am sure that the community of DDO will have some worthy options for the presidency. But I have realized, that I don't really believe myself to be worthy of a vote for president, from what I've seen in this process, in the state I'm in right now.

Thus, it must be announced that I will not be running for the presidency of Debate.org, in this coming election. However, I am not closing all doors on a kind of career in the politics of DDO. I will not rule out being a running mate for another presidential candidate, if they so choose, or if I may run in another election for president.

I'd like to thank my supporters, those of you who believed in my cause the whole time, and I hope that this announcement is not a severe disappointment.

To the community, I will say this. I will still try and be a part of this community, in the best capacity that I can, and hopefully be a force for a positive change in the community. However, the presidency is not the way I will achieve this, at least, as of now, and what I know.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 7:46:00 PM
I hope this doesn't ruin any of the fanfictions in which I'm involved.

Any of them with me becoming the president now become 'AU', as they say in the Fanfiction community.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:45:24 PM
At 5/9/2014 7:21:04 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hello Debate.org. As you see from the title of this thread, the nature of it should be very clear, and the title serves as this OP's TL;DR. This is a matter relating to the next DDO Election, which will take place this June.

I was the first to announce that they were running for president, and subsequently, got the ball rolling on the topic. However, being the first also puts you under a microscope of scrutiny, and it is obvious to me that I was ill-prepared for the scrutiny that I would face. Not to say that only the first candidate gets scrutinized, it happens to them all, really.

Looking back on the platform that I have embraced as my own, I have realized that I don't really believe in this platform. What else could I offer as a president that the others couldn't? The answer, is simply, nothing. I have grown apathetic with the causes, and I am in a wave of indifference.

With the candidates in the field, and from the last poll's results, I realize that I stand no chance to win this presidency. I don't want to subject myself to the scrutiny that candidates face when I am simply trying for an already-lost cause.

I am confident, that through the candidates that have announced, and the candidates that are to announce their runnings in the future, I am sure that the community of DDO will have some worthy options for the presidency. But I have realized, that I don't really believe myself to be worthy of a vote for president, from what I've seen in this process, in the state I'm in right now.

Thus, it must be announced that I will not be running for the presidency of Debate.org, in this coming election. However, I am not closing all doors on a kind of career in the politics of DDO. I will not rule out being a running mate for another presidential candidate, if they so choose, or if I may run in another election for president.

I'd like to thank my supporters, those of you who believed in my cause the whole time, and I hope that this announcement is not a severe disappointment.

To the community, I will say this. I will still try and be a part of this community, in the best capacity that I can, and hopefully be a force for a positive change in the community. However, the presidency is not the way I will achieve this, at least, as of now, and what I know.

Well done, Daytona.

*fist bumps*
Tsar of DDO
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:47:01 PM
At 5/9/2014 8:45:24 PM, YYW wrote:

Well done, Daytona.

*fist bumps*

In what part are you proud of me?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:53:16 PM
At 5/9/2014 8:47:01 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Well done, Daytona.

*fist bumps*

See bold. It takes a lot for a man to admit that he was wrong, and to accept that there are others who are better options. That requires a rigorous level of honesty with oneself, and keen sense of self awareness. Don't think of this as a mistake. It's not. It was a learning experience, and a salutary exercise to that end -and I can't imagine that posting that was easy for you. But you did, and I'm proud of you for it.
Tsar of DDO
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 9:06:38 PM
At 5/9/2014 8:53:16 PM, YYW wrote:

Well done, Daytona.

*fist bumps*

See bold. It takes a lot for a man to admit that he was wrong, and to accept that there are others who are better options. That requires a rigorous level of honesty with oneself, and keen sense of self awareness. Don't think of this as a mistake. It's not. It was a learning experience, and a salutary exercise to that end -and I can't imagine that posting that was easy for you. But you did, and I'm proud of you for it.

Aw, thank you YYW. It wasn't easy for me, but it wasn't the hardest conclusion I've ever come to. I've been thinking about it for a while, when I realized that I was growing apathetic to the campaign, not caring at all about it.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 9:12:16 PM
At 5/9/2014 9:06:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 5/9/2014 8:53:16 PM, YYW wrote:

Well done, Daytona.

*fist bumps*

Aw, thank you YYW. It wasn't easy for me, but it wasn't the hardest conclusion I've ever come to.

*fist bumps*

I've been thinking about it for a while, when I realized that I was growing apathetic to the campaign, not caring at all about it.

Good man.
Tsar of DDO
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 9:45:06 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear that, daytonanerd.

With you dropping out of the race and with ProgressiveDem gone, I'm now placing by support behind WilliamsP!

I wish you well and hope you run again next year!
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 2:45:58 PM

Not all is lost, although you admit (inevitable) defeat you have gained respect from me, and YYW (probably). Although do yourself a solid next time you feel like campaigning and hold off until announcing your run, as it appears somewhat obvious, you've been campaigning so long it doesn't even bring you joy anymore and you've given up on your cause. ("Looking back on the platform that I have embraced as my own, I have realized that I don't really believe in this platform. What else could I offer as a president that the others couldn't? The answer, is simply, nothing.")