Star Debate Season 1 E2 p4: Guerrilla Zoo

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:09:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 4: http://www.debate.org...

Mikal steered the shuttle around where the away team had beamed down. He scanned for human life forms and kept searching. "This is much worse than I thought it would be," Mikal said. There was dust blowing around, and people were crawling into boxes.

"It's terrible down here," Endark said putting a hand on one of the bars.

Mikal looked back at his panel and said, "I can't find them." He hit the panel in frustration and swore under his breath.

"Well, if you can't find them, they're probably not here," Wylted said reaching down and turning the shuttle around. Mikal would've stopped him if he had any better ideas.

He looked out the window and Wylted pointed at a massive grouping of what looked like disturbed sand, but Mikal hadn't thought of it as significant before. Endark said, "Oh, look at that. The rest of the sand isn't even blowing away, but there's a sand storm."

"So a very large group of people disrupted the sand," Mikal added, "and that's what's blowing around right now. That was a pretty big group of people."

"Exactly," Wylted said sitting down in the other seat. "Now, who might've caused that?"

Mikal didn't answer. He just started following the trail. Eventually it started to become grassy, and there were trees appearing periodically. A small river ran around the area. Probably the only water around this area besides the ocean, which was still quite a few kilometers away.

A drop of rain hit the window. Then another drop. Within seconds it was pouring. Mikal flipped on the switch to deflect the rain. That was all the deflectors on these shuttles could really do. Even then, it was only most of the rain that got deflected.

He looked back at his panel and saw a massive heat signature coming up. There were human life signs there too. "I found them!" Mikal yelled excitedly.

"Prepare to beam them up two at a time when you're ready," Endark said immediately.

Wylted sat down next to Mikal again and started readying the transporter. Then within keystrokes, two soaking wet Starfleet officers were on the shuttle. It was Oncoming and Linkish.

Linkish didn't take more than a few seconds to start giving orders. "There are other prisoners," he said to Wylted. "Beam them up too."

"Are they all human?" Wylted asked as he beamed up another two. It was Mike and Ragnar.

"I don't know, none of them were Jersal. Their skin wasn't dark enough. So they'll be DNA signatures that don't come by the thousands."

"I did a scan," Ragnar said, figuring out they were talking about the other prisoners. "They're all humans."

Wylted slid his fingers up the power again and two more people appeared. They were some of the other captives. Then another two. They all had stumbled around trying to find a place to sit. The Starfleet officers chose to stand.

Wylted kept bringing more people in and said, "Only two left then we gotta get out of here. We're losing power."

"How?" Mike asked stepping up.

"These shuttles are refits. They weren't originally designed to have transporters, and they definitely weren't designed to do this much work."

When the last people got beamed up, Mikal immediately started to go upwards into the atmosphere. Then he heard Classic Robert screaming.

"No! Get it away! Oh God, it's everywhere!" He yelled. Mikal shuddered and turned to see what it was.

"Keep flying Mikal," Ragnar said. "The creatures we were fighting had a hallucigenic gas in their bodies. Classic got stuck in the cave when one of them had their skin broken."

Ragnar pulled a hypospray from his pocket and injected Classic in the neck with it. Seconds later, Classic was sleeping. Ragnar must have already put an anesthetic in the hypospray.

Mikal got the shuttle out of the atmosphere and immediately hailed the Enforcer. "I need you guys to beam everyone except for me onto the Enforcer. Beam Doctor Robert and Ragnar straight to sick bay."

"We'll have Krieg work on it right now," Airmax replied simply.

Seconds later the passengers started getting beamed off the shuttle. In less than a minute he was alone. He'd asked for that partially because the shuttle was really crowded. He also wanted to lighten the amount of weight that the engines had to push. Getting them off must've gotten rid of about one thousand pounds.

He pulled the shuttle around to the back of the Enforcer and started pulling in. He set his engines to one fourth impulse power and moved forward. Then he heard a beeping. The Enforcer was hailing him. Then the connection cut out. Then he heard Airmax over his comm badge, "Mikal, we can't let you in at the moment. Our ship is losing power fast, and we can't afford to waste any energy on the cargo bay doors. Just stay close to the Enforcer, and we'll let you in when we can."

"Understood, sir," Mikal said tapping his comm badge to answer. "If it doesn't look like we're getting power any time soon, just let me know and I'll use the shuttle transporters to beam myself onto the Enforcer."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 8:50:15 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to post anything tomorrow.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:15:40 PM
bump
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:22:48 PM
I appeared again, so it's amazing.

I do like it, and I know it's Star Trek-esque, but I'd like a little more connection. I keep feeling slightly lost.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 6:50:31 PM
At 5/10/2014 11:22:48 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I do like it, and I know it's Star Trek-esque, but I'd like a little more connection. I keep feeling slightly lost.

What do you mean by connection? Do you mean you don't always understand what's going on, or am I just writing to absently?
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:10:24 PM
At 5/11/2014 6:50:31 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

What do you mean by connection? Do you mean you don't always understand what's going on, or am I just writing to absently?

I mean I feel like we're suddenly in an entirely new location/setting with little explanation as to how that happened. Your previous section ended with Mikal turning up his phaser and now suddenly he's driving a shuttle and characters who were not there before are now there, and others like Jifpop disappeared. I know Star Trek does that a lot, but it always makes me feel like I have whiplash.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:40:05 PM
At 5/11/2014 7:10:24 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I mean I feel like we're suddenly in an entirely new location/setting with little explanation as to how that happened. Your previous section ended with Mikal turning up his phaser and now suddenly he's driving a shuttle and characters who were not there before are now there, and others like Jifpop disappeared. I know Star Trek does that a lot, but it always makes me feel like I have whiplash.

It was Mike who turned up the phaser :P I'm pretty sure I didn't write Mikal, but I might've gotten it wrong because I was writing across sections sort of. Shuttle thing started in the scene previous to this scene.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:44:50 PM
At 5/11/2014 7:40:05 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

It was Mike who turned up the phaser :P I'm pretty sure I didn't write Mikal, but I might've gotten it wrong because I was writing across sections sort of. Shuttle thing started in the scene previous to this scene.

Sorry. I was working from memory. :-)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:46:57 PM
I need to catch up on these! I've missed the last two episodes... reading them now :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:48:01 PM
At 5/11/2014 7:44:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/11/2014 7:40:05 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Sorry. I was working from memory. :-)

Lol it's alright, and I'll try to expand on the setting and everything. It's a little rough because I try not to go over the 8,000 character limit, because I feel like it'll be rough for reading if I go way too long.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:48:28 PM
At 5/11/2014 7:46:57 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I need to catch up on these! I've missed the last two episodes... reading them now :)

Hopefully posting part 5 tonight. I might not have the chance though.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9