Jump to topic:

The Celestial Egg - Rross [Part 2 of 2] [Ep3]

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 2:27:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Previous episode: http://www.debate.org...

The sun stretched threads of light across the seemingly desolate playground, extending her warmth to two metallic slides that slowly moved as if they were ridden by invisible ghosts, while snot-ragged tissues slowly tumbled and scattered beneath the slides.

In the midst of the playground stood an invisible, ghostly figure that seemed to have been suspended obliquely above the ground, undisturbed by loud voices that occasionally escaped the classrooms like children wanting to get out.

Rross' eyes were wide open. She could see a massive building and a grayish ground that seemed to be slightly skewed downwards, but she couldn't shift her gaze or even blink. She tried to move her hands and legs, but she couldn't.

----

Two figures glided into 2012101's meteor belt with some droplets of liquid methane stuck to their warm bodies, reflecting the iridescent colors of the surrounding meteors, which were moving slowly leaving bright trails behind them.

"What are we supposed to do?" Asked Voice 1.

Voice 1's mind was busy re-gathering a recent radio-broadcast on how solar flares had hit the distant region of 20122122, turning it to an ideal place for a summer vacation. He had not spent time alone ever since he was appointed as the head-receiver by the IAMC.

"Hello there?" shouted Voice 2 angrily.

"Yes, maybe" said Voice 1, hoping this would answer Voice 2's question.

Voice 2 sighed and repeated. "I asked you, what are we supposed to do?"

"The celestial readings on the 10212210 explained that she was suspended and immobilized by physical laws while her breathing functions were left intact." Voice 1 handed Voice 2 a paper with the coordinates and continued, "We should stop her from breathing, but in a creative way... " Voice 1 stopped, wondering why they hadn't planned that out.

Voice 2 smiled. "I guess we'll think of something when we get there."

Voice 1 sighed. "You always say that. You should learn to avoid the planning fallacy. Instead of being very optimistic about getting things done later on, you need to be pessimistic and exaggerate your workload until you are through with it."

Voice 2 looked away angrily. Spending too much time with Voice 1 was even worse than his previous marriage that ended up in divorce.
-----

Rross' eyes were still open. A yellow-jacket passed through her without noticing her presence, giving her the feeling that she was an immobilized phantom. From the side of her eyes, she could even see distant faces looking casually from the windows without noticing a middle-aged woman floating in the playground, and it seemed as if they were making direct eye-contact with her.

----

The two Voices flew to the school's building hidden under their invisio-max cloaks, stretching out the radius of their cognitive vision. Their bodies were rapidly gathering heat as they cut through the air like two soaring warplanes. "There she is" whispered Voice 2, and they both glided towards her.

----

Rross finally witnessed her vision moving as if she was lifted across the playground. She wondered whether she was the one moving herself through the laws of physics. It could be like one of those Out of Body experiences, she thought to herself. Someone on TV claimed to have performed a surgical operation on himself, but he never explained how he actually had the ability to move in that particular experience.

"Put here in the garbage bin," chuckled Voice 1. "That will fill up soon."

Rross heard the voice frightfully and it dawned to her that she was being carried by the Voices. She tried to scream although she knew nothing would come out. Voice 1 laughed from a distance and Voice 2 used his cognitive wave-push to carefully bend her knees and throw her in the garbage bin, head facing downwards. Rross could still breath but she knew that this situation could easily change.

The bell rang. Up we go" said Voice 1 in a cheerful tone, while children ran out of the classrooms and into the playground like an army of Mongols attacking a fallen fortress.

The janitor walked behind the students with what seemed to be a heavy plastic bag and a look of disinterest on his wrinkled face. His blue outfit was turning black because of all the filth stuck to his clothes, giving the impression that he also wore this outfit when he worked in the garage. He approached the bin and gently dumped the bag. The two Voices looked at each other, watching him walking back to the school's building. Moments later, the janitor came back again with a smaller plastic bag. He stood next to the bin, spat inside as he cleared his throat and dropped the second plastic bag, leaving only a tiny opening for Rross. At this point , she screamed loudly through her cognitive voice, trying to stop the janitor from placing another one. A little girl hopped towards the janitor greeting him shyly, and threw a broken lunch-box in the bin and hurried back to her friends, blocking the only opening Rross could breath from.

The Voices smiled as they looked down upon the playground, seemingly annoyed by the burning sun scorching their backs. "It's time for us to go" said Voice 2. Voice 1 nodded, letting out a sigh of pleasure as they took off.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:54:34 PM
At 5/10/2014 4:48:34 PM, rross wrote:
lol. ;D

Not taking that mafia loss well?

Lol. No. I like to be NK-ed early when I'm town, because I prefer to play scum.

I thought of this episode while I was writing the previous one.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:45:12 PM
At 5/10/2014 2:30:04 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Just to modify the Sig.

Your Sig is modified as soon as you hit review; it's not necessary to post unless you want to.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:54:16 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:45:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Just to modify the Sig.

Your Sig is modified as soon as you hit review; it's not necessary to post unless you want to.

Tip for the day. Thanks.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:57:08 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:25:02 PM, rross wrote:
So how come Zaradi gets to be a sweet, ripe, juicy mango and I get to be a trash bin? What's the message here?

You were not a trash-bin.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:03:21 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:58:57 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
You probably missed the part where you were thrown in the trash-bin.

Yes I see now. I get trapped in a little plastic bag with janitor's spit.

Lol. Here we go. It's just like the olden days of the vendetta after you lost in that Hezbollah debate.

You really don't like losing, do you. :)
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:04:33 PM
At 5/10/2014 6:03:21 PM, rross wrote:

Yes I see now. I get trapped in a little plastic bag with janitor's spit.

Lol. Here we go. It's just like the olden days of the vendetta after you lost in that Hezbollah debate.

I seriously don't give a damn about the Mafia game. Lol. But yes, I get really worked up when I lose in debates.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:09:57 PM
At 5/10/2014 6:04:33 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I seriously don't give a damn about the Mafia game. Lol. But yes, I get really worked up when I lose in debates.

I see. I thought there was a connection because you posted this just a few minutes after the endgame, and then put a link on the mafia thread so I'd be sure to see it.

But you know, I really wasn't trying to play you as badly as it seemed. Xlav thought Angel was vig, that's all.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:17:15 PM
I mean - c'mon. It's a MAFIA game.

Not everything I said was a lie. But most of it was, obv.

Yeah. It was my first time as mafia so I might have overplayed a bit.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:18:31 PM
At 5/10/2014 6:09:57 PM, rross wrote:
At 5/10/2014 6:04:33 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I see. I thought there was a connection because you posted this just a few minutes after the endgame, and then put a link on the mafia thread so I'd be sure to see it.

But you know, I really wasn't trying to play you as badly as it seemed. Xlav thought Angel was vig, that's all.

It's rather odd that you would even apologize for being scum in that game, I actually enjoy those games more when you're in them, regardless of your affiliation, and I've been scum for many times, but I guess you're just doing that because you're too respectful and highly-mannered. I assure you, though, I would never take it personally that you tried to play me." It's just one of the many forum games I've played and you were supposed to do that.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 9:08:44 PM
At 5/10/2014 6:22:04 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/10/2014 6:19:00 PM, rross wrote:
You would have done the same though. You would have done worse.

Yeah. Lol.

If it's not about the game, then why are you being such an @sshole?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 9:15:45 PM

Why was she by the way?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:14:05 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:57:08 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/10/2014 5:25:02 PM, rross wrote:
So how come Zaradi gets to be a sweet, ripe, juicy mango and I get to be a trash bin? What's the message here?

You were not a trash-bin.

bump
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 4:24:53 AM
At 5/10/2014 9:15:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Why was she by the way?

An immobilized phantom that was invisible to everyone but could only breath.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 6:01:12 AM

Why was she by the way?

Because they wanted to stop her from breathing and the bin would fill up quickly. I thought that was clear.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:49:06 AM
At 5/11/2014 6:01:12 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Why was she by the way?

Because they wanted to stop her from breathing and the bin would fill up quickly. I thought that was clear.

Oh... okay...b-but why did they want to kill her?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 8:00:12 AM
At 5/11/2014 7:49:06 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Why was she by the way?

It's too early to give the story out.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 11:16:10 AM
At 5/11/2014 8:00:12 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/11/2014 7:49:06 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Why was she by the way?

It's too early to give the story out.

*pouts*

Okay.. fine :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 6:56:03 PM

Why was she by the way?

lol :)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 2:33:41 PM
Just to modify the Sig.

I never knew that! I'm also interested in knowing how people use bold, underscore, or italics when responding to comments in the forums. It's not via Ctrl + B, I, or U. Could you inform me on how to do that?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 2:47:45 PM
At 5/10/2014 2:27:07 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Wow, just wow. Alright, where do I begin?

1) I would say the expressive language you use to create the environment is of extreme quality. There is always room for improvement, but so far I've been visualizing everything with quite some ease.

2) The slow rising of the curtains over the mystery that is voice 1 & 2, and even their own personal relationship, is magnificent. I find myself desiring to know more about these two beings. Their origin, history, position in what seems to be some advanced order of beings in the universe. It's fascinating.

3) The intimate analysis of thought, and break-down of the perceptive reality is also great. Introducing popular theories into the story, using detailed language to reveal the restrictions of perception based on the senses. It's very enjoyable.

Now personal comments: Have you ever considered writing? Are you familiar with Franz Kafka? If you are unfamiliar with his work I would highly recommend you explore some of his short stories including 'The Trial' and 'Metamorphosis' - both should be easy to find in free pdf form via Google search. From what I've read so far, I believe there is a cult following just waiting to be had in terms of fandom over your writing. Perhaps I am speaking prematurely due to my own preferences for somewhat similar literature to this when it comes to short-story fiction but I personally would pick up a collection of your short stories should you ever decide to publish someday.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 3:28:39 PM
At 5/13/2014 2:33:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Just to modify the Sig.

I never knew that! I'm also interested in knowing how people use bold, underscore, or italics when responding to comments in the forums. It's not via Ctrl + B, I, or U. Could you inform me on how to do that?

See the little B, I, and U at the bottom right when you're replying to a comment. Hilight text, and hit the one you want.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 3:33:44 PM
At 5/13/2014 3:28:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/13/2014 2:33:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Just to modify the Sig.

See the little B, I, and U at the bottom right when you're replying to a comment. Hilight text, and hit the one you want.

O lord... okay I see it now -_- I am a little embarrassed for not seeing this sooner but thank you nonetheless!