Attack on DDO EPISODE FOUR

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:12:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
YYW wasn"t having a great morning.

To start with, he didn"t get much sleep. Multiple times during the night he found himself waking up, and ended up just patrolling around the perimeter of the house to make sure that they were still safe before falling back asleep. On top of that, they were short on blankets for everyone by one person, and the night was a chilly one. And then the morning discovery was just the icing on the cake. He had to tell Mikal about it at least for right now. The rest of the group would figure out later.

YYW walked back into the house, the hunting rifle slung over his shoulder. The group had set up a massive pallet of towels and blankets in the main living room, and were all sleeping there in relative comfort. YYW smiled softly at the site, taking it in, knowing full well that it wouldn"t be like this for long, before finding his brother and nudging him in the side with his foot a few times. "Mikal. Mikal, wake up." YYW watched as Mikal"s eyes opened slowly, coming from unconsciousness to consciousness. Mikal looked up at his brother, a look of confusion on his face. "YYW? What"s going on?"

"Come on, get up," YYW said, giving him one last gentle nudge on the side. "That a**hole Daytona and his friend left and took some of our supplies with them. We have to get moving."

That woke Mikal up. He looked shocked, but he got up slowly. "What"s the plan, then? Where can we go?" Mikal asked, standing up slowly and running a few fingers through his hair. That was an answer that YYW didn"t exactly have at the moment, but he didn"t let it show. "We can"t stay here, that"s for sure. Get people up and get the supplies we have left packed up into the truck and take it out into the woods. If Daytona told them where to find this place, we probably don"t have too much time left."

Mikal"s face seemed to light up, as if an idea had come to him. "Hey, remember back about ten years ago when Dad took us both out here last?" Mikal asked suddenly, excitement evident in his voice. "Yeah? What brought this up randomly?" YYW asked curiously. Mikal was practically bouncing up and down, apparently very pleased with himself. "Then you remember when you had that one buck in your sight, and was about to shoot before it got scared off by that loud drilling noise? And we only figured out what made that noise about a week later when we heard they were drilling out some small coal shaft, but it ended up folding because it ran out of budget?" Mikal continued, and the realization was starting to set in to YYW: there was a place they could go and be relatively safe and unknown. "You remember where Dad said the old shaft was?" YYW asked, and got an energetic nod in response. "Okay, take someone with you and be careful. Stash the truck there and then come back." YYW said, handing the pistol to Mikal. Mikal looked down at the gun, seeming to consider it and what it meant, before looking back up to YYW and taking the weapon with a nod.

"Good, now get going. We probably don"t have too much time left."

-----

YYW was right; they didn"t have much time left. It wasn"t long after Mikal returned that the first signs of a vehicle convoy were incoming.

The group retreated a ways away from the house, hiding down behind a ditch that was sheltered by a bushy tree-line, out of sight. YYW eyed the newcomers through the scope on the hunting rifle with a slight scowl: armored Humvees with mounted machine guns, soldiers armed to the teeth with guns and grenades, and a generally grim sight for people looking to resist.

A few more people got out of the Humvees; one officer-looking soldier and a few different individuals that were not in uniform. The officer began talking to a younger-looking person, and YYW let out a low curse. "It"s that a**hole Daytona." He muttered to himself. Even though he knew that was the most probable reason they would be here, it was still wasn"t good. The officer turned to one of the soldiers, shouting commands and making big gestures, and the soldier opened the door to one of the last Humvees, taking two other individuals out, as well as a megaphone. The solider handed it to the first individual, who looked at it for a second before flipping it on.

"Boys? It"s Mayor FREEDO."

There were a few gasps of surprise from around YYW, as ClassicRobert and Thett looked at each other. "Thett, that"s your dad!" Robert whispered quickly. Thett stayed silent.

"Now I know things have been really hectic lately, but there"s nothing to be afraid of. Major Jifpop, here, is the acting prefect of this district." FREEDO continued, gesturing over to the officer. "Major Jifpop has given me his word that if you come out and come back to us that he won"t harm you in any way." FREEDO finished, pausing to look around. None of them moved. "Boys? Can you hear me?" FREEDO asked, and received no response from the group. "Thett? Son? Are you out there?" FREEDO gave one last attempt, but no one in the group did anything. FREEDO flipped off the megaphone, handing it back to the soldier.

Thett squirmed a little in his spot, unsure of how to respond to that. "Guys, shouldn"t we do what he says?" Thett asked nervously, getting a glare from Mikal. "Just stay where you are. Don"t move." YYW said simply.

The soldier looked back to Jifpop and, after receiving a nod from his commanding officer, handed it to the second individual. This individual looked far more familiar to YYW.

"Mikal, they have dad."

Mikal cursed, but stayed still. Airmax eyed the megaphone, looking back to Jifpop before turning it on. "Mikal? YYW? If you"re out there, listen up!" Airmax started, clearing his throat a little, looking to be mulling over multiple things in his head before bringing the megaphone back up to his mouth. "Times are changing quickly. A lot of people are having to make really difficult choices. I"ve had to make mine, and right now you have yours in front of you." Airmax started, taking a deep breath, looking to be trying to calm his nerves. "I want you to do what I would do. I want you to go to war and beat this bastard or die trying!" Airmax finished, pointing a shaky finger back toward Jifpop before flipping off the megaphone, letting it fall down to his side. Jifpop shook his head slightly from side to side, a look of slight annoyance on his face as he walked forward now, standing next to Airmax, who kept staring forward, not even glancing Jifpop"s way.

Jifpop stared straight ahead and unholstered his pistol. He pointed the pistol at Airmax"s head, still looking forward, and pulled the trigger.

"No!" Mikal said softly, starting to jump up to run forward to do something, to do anything, but got pulled right back down by his brother, who had rolled over from his spot to keep him from doing anything stupid. YYW held his brother tightly, one arm wrapping around his entire body to restrain him, his other hand clasping over Mikal"s mouth to keep him from crying out. "Shhhh! Shhhh!" YYW whispered fiercely into Mikal"s ears, his own body quaking from his own tears, and it was everything he could do to just try to keep his thoughts in order. Jifpop gave a call to his troops, and the hunting lodge was set ablaze, and the convoy rolled out, leaving the body and a burning house behind.

--- (cont.) ---
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:14:15 PM
--- (cont.) ---

"Push! Push hard!"

On top of having to watch his dad get shot in front of his eyes and not being able to do anything, on top of watching the website he served and loved be invaded by some outside force, on top of having an uncertain future and not sure about whether or not he would live through the day, their truck of supplies got stuck in a soft spot in the ground and wouldn"t move anymore. Which meant that if they wanted to get their supplies and the truck back to their new hideout, they had to get their hands dirty.

The sound of rotor blades overhead forced them all to stay silent, as the entire group moved away from the truck. YYW looked up to the sky, unslinging the hunting rifle from his shoulder and holding it at the ready. The sounds of helicopters overhead was becoming a normal occurrence, as the last efforts to round up stragglers were getting underway. It was the fourth time they had to stop and get out of the open in an attempt to hide themselves from discovery.

There was a soft curse from somewhere behind YYW. "Guys, what are we even doing here? We don"t even know if our family is safe." ClassicRobert asked, a clear tone of frustration in his voice. "They probably have them. There"s no point in looking for them." Mikal pointed out, but Robert just shook his head. "You don"t know that. I can"t do this. I need to go look for my parents." Robert said, starting to walk off. "Wait! Robert!" Bsh called out, stopping him. The look on Bsh"s face was one of a guilty confession. "I..uh"saw your parents before I found Airmax. I"I didn"t know how to tell you but"there"s no point in going to look for them." Bsh told him carefully, watching Robert"s face drop down lower and lower to one of absolute shock and depression. It was quiet for a while, no one sure how to break the silence, before Robert just nodded slowly, trying to accept the fact that his parents were gone. "So then what do we do?" Robert asked, possibly a metaphorical question, but one that YYW took seriously.

The only thing that YYW could think about right now was his father"s dying words. "I want you to go to war and beat this bastard, or die trying." was what his father told him to do. Part of YYW understood why his father would do that, and why Airmax wanted him to do the same. It made a lot of sense, in a very weird way. They had the potential to make a difference, if they really tried and were smart about it. Not that it would be easy trying to fight a more advanced, more disciplined, better trained, better equipped military as a rag-tag group of high-schoolers with just one average soldier trying to lead them. But over the course of a second after Robert asked his question, YYW ran all of that through his head and came to his conclusion:

"I"m gonna fight." He stated simply, thinking it over one last time before nodding. "I"m gonna fight. This is easier for me to do because I"m used to it. The rest of you, however, will have a much tougher choice." He continued, looking around at the group who, now, were giving him their full, undivided attention. "I"m not gonna try to sell this life to you; it"s too awful, too ugly for that. But when you"re standing in your own backyard, fighting for your home and your family and your future, it all hurts a little less, and makes a little more sense. To them, this is just some place they"re supposed to take over; it means nothing to them. But to us? This is our home."

YYW took a break from his monologue, looking around at the group, trying to figure out some kind of reaction to his idea of fighting. No one looked as if they disagreed. A few were even nodding slowly, in agreement with YYW. "But"how do we fight them? We"re just a group of random strangers up against an equipped military. There"s no way we can take them in a fight." Zmikecuber asked, and a few people nodded in agreement. It was a valid point, but not a point without response.

"You"re right. There"s no way that we can fight them in a straight-up fight. But just like the Mujahedeen and even the Minute Men, even the tiniest flea can drive a big dog crazy. They"re a long way from home right now, and I would bet that they don"t want to be here just as much as we don"t want them here. So we have to make it too difficult, too costly, too painful, for them to stay."

YYW looked at the group in front of him, at the various different peoples that he was about to go to war with. He thought about how each was going to hold up, and if any of them would make it to the end. He gave them a confident nod, gesturing his head back to the truck. "Then let"s get to work."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:16:33 PM
you posted!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:44:51 PM
At 5/10/2014 4:16:33 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
you posted!

Of course. I promised every saturday I would update, so I did.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 7:23:57 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:44:51 PM, Zaradi wrote:
you posted!

If you don't post, we should have a punishment for you lol...
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 7:24:51 PM
At 5/10/2014 7:23:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
you posted!

plsno
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 7:27:23 PM
At 5/10/2014 7:24:51 PM, Zaradi wrote:
you posted!

plsno

Aww. ;P you should have to die. .. Jk.. Dye your hair pink (Cue screaming girls, "No! Not the hair!!!")
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 9:18:31 PM
RIP Max :(
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:16:01 PM
bump nac
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 1:20:57 PM
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 1:48:11 PM
At 5/11/2014 1:20:57 PM, Mikal wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 1:54:17 PM
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

-.- I THINK I MADE THE PUNISHMENT VERY CLEAR
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 1:56:52 PM
At 5/11/2014 1:48:11 PM, Zaradi wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

http://wifflegif.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 1:59:38 PM
At 5/11/2014 1:56:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

I THOUGHT U BROKE YOUR HAND -.-
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:02:01 PM
At 5/11/2014 1:59:38 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

i can type with one hand and move a mouse lol
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:03:43 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:02:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

-.- If you didn't post ^^^, I would be happy about that...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:10:56 PM
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:11:40 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:02:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

*If you didn't post that above, I'd be happy about that
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:13:21 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:10:56 PM, Zaradi wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:16:05 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:13:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:17:06 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:16:05 PM, Zaradi wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.

-.- SMH.

I thought you liked redheads :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:18:59 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:17:06 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.

-.- SMH.

Redheads have nice a**es too.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:22:15 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:18:59 PM, Zaradi wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.

-.- SMH.

I have no words...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:24:05 PM
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.

-.- SMH.

http://i.gifeye.com...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:32:05 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:24:05 PM, Mikal wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.

-.- SMH.

http://i.gifeye.com...

403'd.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:32:45 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:22:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
you posted!

plsno

she wants to spank u nac

>.>

'Dat a**.

-.- Not impressed.

You don't have to be.

'Dat a**.

-.- SMH.

I have no words...

You just gave me four.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:38:34 PM
Mine will hopefully be out soon :D
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me