bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:26:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
>Prologue: http://www.debate.org...

[Scene 1]

Ore_Ele woke up in pitch blackness. His back felt incredibly sore for some reason. He tried to stand up -- to stretch the kinks out of aching spine -- but he couldn't move. What was going on? He slid his hand forward and immediately felt a wooden wall. He tried to roll over, but there wasn't enough space. Confused and groggy, he tried to remember the last thing he had been doing. He remembered saddling his horse (named "Princess Sparkles") and gearing up for a hunt. But had he actually gone hunting? He didn't remember killing anything, and he always killed *something* whenever he went out. He was a very skilled hunter... Why hadn't he brought back a fat boar or a succulent wild pheasant? Ahhh, he remembered now. As he had been about to spur Princess Sparkles towards the forest, Air's page had run up and informed him that Air had called an impromptu council meeting. Ore had rushed over to the Council Hall, eager not to displease the King. Air was sitting in his usual imposing wooden chair at the head of the dark maple table, yet Ore realized that something was strange -- there were no other advisers there. Air had said, "don"t worry, they're just running a little late. Let's have a drink while we wait." Air walked to the bar and poured them both a drink, with his back turned. And that was the last thing Ore remembered.

Ore shook his head a few times to clear it. He could faintly hear the sounds of hoofs "clip clopping" on stone. After what seemed like an eternity in the pitch blackness, the noises suddenly stopped. Ore heard someone fiddling with a lock and chains right next to his head, then the top of his wooden prison was lifted off, and he could see the glorious moonlit night. Ore knew that he was in a bad situation, but anything was better than the insufferable and timeless darkness.

Air walked into Ore"s field of vision. "Air, thank god, it"s so good to see you. What's happening to me?" Ore asked, in bewilderment. "Ahhh, Ore you were always so naive," Air said gloatingly. "I decided to have you killed, but then I thought more about it and realized that it would be soooo much more satisfying to slit your throat myself."

"What are you talking about??" cried Ore. "We"re brothers!!! I am the second son of the House Max, a noble-born man of the King"s Guard. You can't do this to me..."

"Au contraire brother, I can do anything I want," sneered Air Max. "And you're right, you are Father's second son, which is why I have to kill you. I can"t have someone who is heir to the throne a mere sword"s length from my backside at all times. That's an untenable situation."

"I would never do anything to hurt you," pleaded Ore. "You're my brother, I love you."

"Pathetic.." Air stated with derision. "You were always father's favorite. But you were always so weak and naive. I"m not afraid that you will decide to betray me brother. You are too cowardly to suddenly decide on your own to take the Throne. But that's the problem. Your mind is too weak. You could be too easily swayed by another, like those rebellious Steel's in the North. I cannot trust a man who claims to have no ambitions of his own.... Ima, hand me that knife."

"Yes m'lord," Ima Bench stated.

"Waaaaait," Ore wailed. "I'll do anything. Just send me away. Don't kill me."

"Hmmm..." thought Air, already seeing an opportunity. His devious mind worked quickly. "I could marry you off to Danielle in the East. That way our family could lock down another of the Six Kingdoms."

"Danielle??? Nooooo." Ore was horrified. "She"s a man-eater. She"s already on her fifth husband. They say she doesn't even like men!!!! If they do anything to annoy her, she cuts their heads clean off."

"Well, I guess you better not do anything to annoy her." Air slammed the lid of the casket back over Ore's head and locked it tight. "Ima, drive him to the Kingdom of Whey. I"ll make the arrangements with Danielle's entourage while you're on the road."

"Yes m'lord," Ima said, as he slid into the driver's seat.

[Scene 2]

Roy saw another peon begin to climb from his perch atop the enormous wall. He knew these beings were technically human, but they just looked like little ants in the distance once they began their ascent. The Wall towered one hundred feet above the countryside, and it was Roy's job -- as the patriarch of the House Latham -- to keep the hordes at bay. South of the Wall was a dangerous area, and Roy couldn't let these wild things overrun the Six Kingdoms!

As the ant-like creature climbed higher, Roy could begin to make out its features. Its leathered hands, beady little eyes, and greedy mouth... Roy pulled out his crossbow and let loose a bolt. It struck the insect-man right in the stomach and he plummeted 50 feet to the ground below. Roy let out a satisfied smile.

"Fatherrr," chided Kbub. "Is this really necessary? We could learn to co-exist with the Ones South of the Wall. They just want a chance at a better life."

"No mine daughter," said Roy. "Seven hundred years ago, the Great King Leonidis tasked our family with guarding the Wall. It is our duty to protect the Kingdom. If the Wall falls, the entire Kingdom will be lost. The Royal Treasury could never support all of the Southern Ones. That's why I sent your brother -- CP -- out on patrol. Every few hundred years the Southies gather in great hordes and attack the Wall in overwhelming numbers. We must be prepared."

"But isn't that dangerous?" asked Kbub. "The Southerners hate us Lathams for everything we've done to them. If they catch CP, won't they kill him??"

"Of course," said Roy, non-reassuringly. "But that is the life of a Latham. It is not an easy life. But it is a life to be proud of."

As the sun was setting, an ominous shadow fell across Roy's face, as he gazed into the distance. The truth was that he *was* worried for CP. But it had already been 195 years since the last Great Rebellion... Roy could feel a storm brewing. And he had to be prepared.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:28:12 PM
[Scene 3]

Esocial lay breathlessly in the underbrush, covered in leaves. She would wait here quietly until her prey came to her! She knew that she had constructed her camouflage perfectly. No one would see her! Out of the corner of her eye, she could see her prey approaching. She counted the steps. 10".9".8". She steadied her breathing as she was taught and channeled her chi energy into her legs. Her prey had quickened its pace. She had to go noww! She leapt from her hiding place, and jumped onto its back, pulling her knife from its sheath and placing it at her target"s throat -- as she had been taught.

"Veeerry good," said Nonentity, the Nameless Assassin. She pushed Esocial back to the ground with a huge smile on her face. "You have been learning quite well my young apprentice."

Esocial beamed with pride. It had been difficult training with such an elite group of assassins, and her journey to reach this point had been a slow process. When she had first arrived -- sent here by Lord Steel -- she had been a clumsy oaf. During the balancing exercises -- when the trainees had to stand on one leg and balance two rocks on their heads -- she had failed miserably. But Esocial had been determined, staying up at night and practicing with only one rock, until she had mastered the technique. Then practicing with two rocks, and finally even three rocks so she could surprise her masters with her progress!! Esocial was nothing if not determined.

But she still often found that she missed her mother and father. Their love was forbidden, which is why Lord Steel had sent her away. Her existence was shameful to the family. While Mikal and Rina were extremely skilled warriors, they were still brother and sister. There was a limit to how much leeway Lord Steel would grant them. He had never managed to actually keep them apart, just to spirit away the unfortunate products of their passion. Esocial often felt unwanted, which is why she tried so hard to fit in here. She was determined to become a master assassin!! To strike with absolute silence before her prey even knew what had happened. For that was a mark of a Nameless Assassin -- blend in, look just like any other person" strike " then disappear.

Esocial dreamed of the day when she could stride into her grandfather"s Great Hall, toting the severed heads of all of his enemies. Then he would have to acknowledge her existence!

[End of Episode 1]
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:39:25 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:37:00 PM, Mikal wrote:
Moooore

lol, it wouldn't be GOT without incest and wanting more as soon as the episode finishes :P
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:44:58 PM
At 5/10/2014 5:39:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Moooore

lol, it wouldn't be GOT without incest and wanting more as soon as the episode finishes :P

yeah rina sighed at that part
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:01:06 PM
This is Mikal's thought process:

"Yes! Rina's in this! We can date and have sex!"
"Wait...she's my sister in this. WTF!?!?!?! THATS SO AWKWARD."
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:36:48 PM
At 5/10/2014 6:25:25 PM, Fanath wrote:
How long does it take you to write these?

Hour -- hour and a half...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:15:27 PM
At 5/10/2014 6:01:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
This is Mikal's thought process:

"Yes! Rina's in this! We can date and have sex!"
"Wait...she's my sister in this. WTF!?!?!?! THATS SO AWKWARD."

lol

bump
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:28:31 PM
Moooore

uhhh with Mikal and Rina....... alone, right?
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 12:04:36 AM
At 5/10/2014 11:28:31 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Moooore

unrelated question: what's your sister's name? :P
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:50:26 AM
At 5/11/2014 12:04:36 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/10/2014 11:28:31 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Moooore

unrelated question: what's your sister's name? :P

Lol. Maria. :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 11:43:47 PM
This is a brilliantly written story I am going to have to follow this story closely!
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.