Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 11:16:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/11/2014 11:24:51 PM, Romanii wrote:
For those of you who forgot it's in the Misc section:

http://www.debate.org...

(airmax told me to leave these threads in the miscellaneous section, so allow me to clarify that I did not ask Romanii to do this.)

(But thanks bro)
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 11:17:37 AM
I didn't find this nearly as insightful as the original. And it's clear that he brought in his personal biases in several areas: for instance, genocide is RAMPANT in the Old Testament, so it's stunning that many Christians don't seem to know that. That, and it's even projection to call a comment denouncing discrimination against gay people as "stupid," never mind "an argument where the person claims to not want an argument."

Honestly, the logic was just so poor. I can't say I'll be watching the next one.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 12:14:56 PM
At 5/12/2014 11:17:37 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I didn't find this nearly as insightful as the original. And it's clear that he brought in his personal biases in several areas: for instance, genocide is RAMPANT in the Old Testament, so it's stunning that many Christians don't seem to know that. That, and it's even projection to call a comment denouncing discrimination against gay people as "stupid," never mind "an argument where the person claims to not want an argument."

Honestly, the logic was just so poor. I can't say I'll be watching the next one.

H8ers gonna h8.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 12:22:13 PM
At 5/12/2014 12:14:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

H8ers gonna h8.

Hey, when someone responds to an accurate claim that the Bible condones slavery, rape, and genocide, and his response is "it says thou shall not kill" (the footnote is "unless you're God"), I start to question how much effort he actually put into that piece.

The video overall was interesting, though, and I applaud his efforts at restarting what was become a prized DDO tradition.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 11:15:32 PM

You're cute when you're butthurt.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 7:45:41 AM
At 5/12/2014 11:15:32 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

I'm not butthurt. I even praised you later lol.

I actually found some material for you. I'll be pm'ing you later.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:57:27 AM
At 5/13/2014 7:45:41 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

I appreciate it. I understand that's mine's not the same deep political analysis bench's was; I don't want it to be. My goal is to entertain people and hopefully have them laugh at some of the things they said because they were either poorly-phrased or just sounded silly. Consider it an experiment to make generation 2 stand on its own in a way.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 1:16:16 PM
At 5/13/2014 11:57:27 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 5/13/2014 7:45:41 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

I appreciate it. I understand that's mine's not the same deep political analysis bench's was; I don't want it to be. My goal is to entertain people and hopefully have them laugh at some of the things they said because they were either poorly-phrased or just sounded silly. Consider it an experiment to make generation 2 stand on its own in a way.

I was definitely way too harsh, so my apologies for that. Clearly I still think the Bible -- at least the Old Testament -- is full of really spooky stuff, but that's beside the point.

Overall it was quite funny though, so best of luck to you as it proceeds -- oh, and the nonprophet material I sent you is comedy gold, so have fun with that haha.
~JohnMaynardKeynes