Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Necroposting

Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 8:04:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is Necroposting officially against the rules? How many dead threads have you revived? Discuss.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 8:08:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2014 8:04:36 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Is Necroposting officially against the rules? How many dead threads have you revived? Discuss.

a few

Ask Zaradi
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 8:28:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2014 8:26:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but there is certainly an unspoken agreement that you shouldn't do it.

That's it? An unspoken agreement? This is wondrous news...
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 8:31:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2014 8:28:14 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:26:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but there is certainly an unspoken agreement that you shouldn't do it.

That's it? An unspoken agreement? This is wondrous news...

A lot of members find it to be particularly obnoxious... Necroposting often just for the sake of it is a decent way to bring about plenty of negative attention upon yourself.

If you do want to bump an old thread, do it for an actual reason by posting something relevant, or replying to one of the posts with something insightful.
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 6:53:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/12/2014 8:31:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:28:14 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:26:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but there is certainly an unspoken agreement that you shouldn't do it.

That's it? An unspoken agreement? This is wondrous news...

A lot of members find it to be particularly obnoxious... Necroposting often just for the sake of it is a decent way to bring about plenty of negative attention upon yourself.

If you do want to bump an old thread, do it for an actual reason by posting something relevant, or replying to one of the posts with something insightful.

Just in case any of you were wondering about Max's official stance on necroposting.
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:42:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/14/2015 6:53:16 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:31:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:28:14 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:26:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but there is certainly an unspoken agreement that you shouldn't do it.

That's it? An unspoken agreement? This is wondrous news...

A lot of members find it to be particularly obnoxious... Necroposting often just for the sake of it is a decent way to bring about plenty of negative attention upon yourself.

If you do want to bump an old thread, do it for an actual reason by posting something relevant, or replying to one of the posts with something insightful.

Just in case any of you were wondering about Max's official stance on necroposting.

I don't know why I find things like this so amusing.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 6:36:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/14/2015 10:42:37 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 2/14/2015 6:53:16 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:31:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:28:14 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:26:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but there is certainly an unspoken agreement that you shouldn't do it.

That's it? An unspoken agreement? This is wondrous news...

A lot of members find it to be particularly obnoxious... Necroposting often just for the sake of it is a decent way to bring about plenty of negative attention upon yourself.

If you do want to bump an old thread, do it for an actual reason by posting something relevant, or replying to one of the posts with something insightful.

Just in case any of you were wondering about Max's official stance on necroposting.

I don't know why I find things like this so amusing.

Umm... Because its freaking hilarious
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:33:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 11:03:21 AM, RevNge wrote:
Necropost

WTF, REV.

Y U HATE THE PPL OF DDO.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:33:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 12:33:05 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/11/2015 11:03:21 AM, RevNge wrote:
Necropost

WTF, REV.

Y U HATE THE PPL OF DDO.

+100 bunnies
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:34:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 12:33:25 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/11/2015 12:33:05 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/11/2015 11:03:21 AM, RevNge wrote:
Necropost

WTF, REV.

Y U HATE THE PPL OF DDO.

+100 bunnies

Lol.

Damnit.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Axonly
Posts: 2,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 9:16:34 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 5/12/2014 8:04:36 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Is Necroposting officially against the rules? How many dead threads have you revived? Discuss.

I hope it isn't.
"Hate begets hate"
Emilrose
Posts: 2,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 6:49:15 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 7/17/2016 9:16:34 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/12/2014 8:04:36 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Is Necroposting officially against the rules? How many dead threads have you revived? Discuss.

I hope it isn't.

Me too.
All the time your soul is craving and longing for something else. And in vain does the dreamer rummage about in his old dreams, raking them over as though they were a heap of cinders, looking in these cinders for some spark, however tiny, to fan it into a flame so as to warm his chilled blood by it and revive in it all that he held so dear before, all that touched his heart, that made his blood course through his veins, that drew tears from his eyes, and that so splendidly deceived him!