Star Debate Season 1 E2 p5: Guerrilla Zoo

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 9:50:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 4: http://www.debate.org...

"I want this idiot's head brought on a silver platter with a side of mashed potatoes!" Linkish yelled as he walked onto the bridge and took his post back.

Airmax just ignored him and kept thinking. So that rebel leader, Jifpop, was literally shutting down the Enforcer by spamming it. He didn't even know it was possible, but the Enforcer was downloading so much information that organizing and deleting stuff was literally draining power from everything. They didn't even have impulse power to their engines.

"No, make it latinum," Linkish said as he slammed his hand against his panel.

"How did he even do that?" Mike asked sounding a little frustrated for once. "Give a man a radio, and he"ll shut down your starship and start making demands. How does he even expect us to carry those out?"

That was the other part. Jifpop had demanded that they send down one of their medical officers. That was the reason their shuttle wasn"t shut down too. He wanted them to send down someone to teach them how to use the medical equipment they still had. He thought they"d use a different plan.

Blade had already discovered their connection relied on a tower a few kilometers away from the rebel base. The shuttles were armed with phasers. He wouldn"t usually do this, but he had to ask this of Mikal, "Mikal, I need you to do something for me. Beam Linkish onto your shuttle, and I want you two to go down to the surface and destroy a tower. Linkish will put in the coordinates when he"s onboard."

"Understood, sir," Mikal answered. "Won"t be but a minute."

Linkish stood up straight and was beamed off within the next few seconds. Airmax just sat down and stared at the screen, which had gone black now. He hoped Jifpop wouldn"t target them before they took out the tower. Airmax didn"t even know what he"d do with the rebels after they"d taken down the tower. Probably just report it starfleet and let them handle it when the other relief ships came. Hopefully they don"t all damn their race.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linkish sat down next to Mikal, and without a word they left the side of the Enforcer. "I have your coordinates," Linkish said as he typed furiously. "Let"s get down there as quickly as we can. I don"t want this guy to have pleasure in this for longer than necessary."

Mikal saw the coordinates appear on his screen and set his engines for full impulse. He aimed for the rebel base, because he knew he could divert his path and only lose 15 seconds in total time if he turned in time to shoot down the tower before the rebels saw what he was doing.

"I just hope they don"t start draining our power on the way," Mikal said looking over at Linkish for a second. "But if they do, I want you to fire at that tower as fast as you can at the tower and see if you can hit it. I"ll divert power to the phaser banks."

"What if you have to take them from the engines?" Linkish asked already making sure he was keeping the tower on the map.

"We go before the Enforcer does. They"re losing life support, and if their life support goes out that whole ship dies. We destroy that tower."

Linkish just nodded with a straight face as usual. "Phasers are locked on the area. I could shoot now if you want, but I can"t guarantee a hit. It"s not giving off a very strong signature."

"We"re not even in their lower atmosphere," Mikal said waving him down. "We can wait."

He reached his desired altitude and diverted the shuttle"s course. Only about a 40 seconds until they had a guaranteed shot at the tower. He pressed the throttle a few times to make sure they were at full power. Then he saw the power drop by 5%.

Jifpop figured him out.

"Linkish, fire," Mikal said quickly, shutting down the transporters first. He hit his comm badge and said, "Airmax, when you have power we need you to beam us out of here." The power was down by 20% by the time he finished that.

"I"ll have it on this next shot," Linkish said nervously. He was working with a confused screen. The numbers were shifting quickly, and Mikal wondered how he was even getting close to the tower. Linkish hit the button again, and it registered as a non-hit.

Mikal struggled to hold power in the phaser banks and engines, but it was getting difficult. "I can"t hold this thing up for more than ten more seconds," Mikal said. He was entirely serious too. In about ten more seconds he would have to cut power from the engines.

Linkish tapped furiously at the screen to get the coordinates right, and fired again. The phasers hit the tower directly, and Mikal could even see an explosion from the front window. They"d gotten it. Then power started coming back. He dropped to a quarter impulse power and just watched as the power went up. 37%. 43%. 50% 60%. 68%. 79%. 90%. 100%. The shuttle had cleared out Jifpop"s spam pretty easily.

Mikal pulled the shuttle back up and headed back to the Enforcer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike walked into sick bay and saw Classic lying on one of the beds. Comrade Otter was right next to him, putting an oxygen mask on him.. Comrade was the next most experienced medical officer on the ship, although his appearance didn"t really give that away. He actually looked something like an otter from earth, although his hands weren"t webbed. He also wasn"t soaking wet. His head was almost homosapien, but still pretty otter looking. Mike was always too distracted by such a different look that he never even bothered to ask what planet he was from.

"I"m not sure how he"s going to do," Comrade said looking at his tricorder. "I have him under pure oxygen because the hallucinogen is making it almost impossible for his blood to get healthy levels of oxygen to his brain."

"Shouldn"t his body be filtering it out?" Mike asked a little confused. His body had seemed to have taken care of it, and he was the one that released it.

"I"m not even sure if it should be," Comrade said tapping at his tricorder a little more. "It"s almost like it"s alive, like some sort of virus. It can"t just be broken down by the body."

"Does that mean it"s still in me?" Mike asked still confused. "I haven"t hallucinated since right after I killed the guy that released that stuff."

"Yes, I actually want you and the rest of the away team to come in here so I can do research on your body"s reaction to it. I"m hoping that I"ll find some way to help Classic. I can guarantee he"ll live, but I can"t guarantee the condition he"ll live in."

"I"ll have the away team come immediately."

Blade stepped into PM and looked around. He"d never been here before. It was low lit with a deep blue, except for the bar which had some brighter white lights around it. There were some windows with a beautiful view of the stars. He"d have to spend some more time here.

He walked over to the bartender and asked, "Could I get a synthahol please?"

"Sure thing," he replied. His name was bsh1 if he remembered right. He"d hear other officers talking about PM.

Bsh1 walked over to Blade but kept his gaze fixed somewhere. Else. Blade turned around and saw a table of people he didn"t recognize. Then he realized those were the crew they"d saved. He recognized their faces from the files he"d read on his personal tablet during a little spare time he had after Jifpop shut down the Enforcer.

"Do you know that man over there?" bsh1 asked as he put down the synthahol.

"Who are you talking about?" Blade asked hoping bsh1 realized here was more than one man sitting at the table.

"Directly across from us. He"s the only one facing the bar."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 9:51:40 PM
Blade squinted as he looked over and recalled that was the guy who went by the name YYW. "Yeah, that"s YYW," Blade responded pretty sure about the answer.

"He"s beautiful," bsh1 said under his breath. That wasn"t exactly what Blade had expected bsh1 to say, but since they"d just met, nothing was necessarily expected to begin with. Bsh1 straightened up and wiped down his table. His face was red.

Blade looked back and saw YYW was heading over to the bar. This was a good time to leave them alone for a little bit. Blade stood up and nodded to YYW then walked out with his synthahol.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 10:44:05 PM
At 5/13/2014 10:09:15 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
THEY ARE GETTING TOGETHER nac

Lol I mean I ship them harder than bedrock, so yeah XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 10:52:44 PM
At 5/13/2014 10:44:05 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

You might not like Once Upon a DDO soon then
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 10:53:50 PM
At 5/13/2014 10:52:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Don't you dare split us up. I will personally mod-kill you a thousand times.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 10:54:58 PM
At 5/13/2014 9:51:40 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

"He"s beautiful," bsh1 said under his breath.

This.

Oh...and the story...that was good too... ;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:01:31 PM

................... wat.............
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:02:08 PM
At 5/13/2014 10:54:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:

This.

Lol thanks, I made sure to put in that line because I felt like you would enjoy it XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:04:18 PM

This.

haha indeed it was
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:05:48 PM
At 5/13/2014 11:02:08 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

This.

Lol thanks, I made sure to put in that line because I felt like you would enjoy it XD

I did enjoy it :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:17:11 PM
At 5/13/2014 10:53:50 PM, bsh1 wrote:

DRAMA, BSH1! DRAMA!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:19:36 PM
At 5/13/2014 11:17:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

DRAMA, BSH1! DRAMA!

You're gonna drama your endarkened *bleep* into the *bleeping* graveyard if either of us dies. I hope you get the *bleeping* picture.

(for the record, this is meant to be lighthearted jest, in case anyone thinks I am serious...but still, YYW and I should NOT be split up.)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:40:41 PM
At 5/13/2014 11:05:48 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/13/2014 11:02:08 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

This.

I did enjoy it :)

Glad to hear it :) just wait till later episodes when it gets real haha
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 11:41:11 PM
At 5/13/2014 11:04:18 PM, YYW wrote:

This.

haha indeed it was

haha glad you liked it too :)
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 11:22:24 AM
At 5/14/2014 7:22:27 AM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Yay! I am alive!

Was I passed out in a back alley? Decorating my office?

Lol no, you just weren't in the story.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 11:29:25 AM

DRAMA, BSH1! DRAMA!

No! Kill of me or Zaradi! Don't kill off one of them!!! BYours ship forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 11:30:26 AM
At 5/14/2014 11:29:25 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

DRAMA, BSH1! DRAMA!

No! Kill of me or Zaradi! Don't kill off one of them!!! BYours ship forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that ship name haha when did that happen?
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 11:31:54 AM
At 5/14/2014 11:30:26 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

DRAMA, BSH1! DRAMA!

interview I did with them in the forums right now. I posted it this morning,
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 11:32:59 AM
At 5/14/2014 11:30:26 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

DRAMA, BSH1! DRAMA!

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY