Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

****OFFICIAL DDOfans Launch Party****

TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 7:11:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DDOfans is finally here! I am so sorry for the wait! DDOfans.com was started 4 years ago by Jblake, KRFournier, and PoeJoe. It has long since expired, but I have revived it under http://www.ddofans.org....

This project was started to give the community an evironment that is entirely dedicated to them! That's right, DDOfans has a live chat feature, a blog, and a resource section featuring all your favorite fan fiction and DDO TV series.

We have spent a very long time putting this together for you, and we plan to keep it updated as per member request.

If you would like to post any fan fiction submissions, TV show submissions, competitions, or tournaments to the "Other" section, please send the link to me so I can do that for you. Also I will be advertising debates on the front page per user request! Just send me a PM with the link to the debate, and an image you want advertised with it and I will throw it up for you.

Bsh1 is currently the head Mod over there and will be monitoring the chat system.

I just want to give a special shout out to everyone who made this possible:

Larztheloser, for help in creating the blog, profiles, and logins.
Bsh1, YYW, zaradi, Bluesteel, for beta testing for me.

The website administration will be handed over to the next elected DDO president for handling of any DDO projects and announcement.

***Future Updates***

DDOfans mobile App for IOS and Android: Will be releasing as soon as I have some spare cash to spend on the liscences.

Video Chat: Will be released within the next few days

Screen sharing: Will be released within the next few days

More profile customization features IE profile song and background images: Will be released in the coming weeks.

_____________________________

There are currently a couple bugs with the chat that will be fixed soon. You cannot invite members to a public chat right now. Additionally the "whose online" tab won't display any users. These bugs will be fixed in the next couple of days. Until then, you can see members in a public chatroom, and to private chat just click on their name. I have already appointed some chat mods, so please watch your conduct.

Thankyou so much to everyone in advance for checking out the website. I hope you love it!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
softball_32
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 7:43:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 7:41:46 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I signed up

hey xXCryptoXx can u plez talk to me in a pm i need to talk to u about something
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:08:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 7:11:40 PM, TUF wrote:
DDOfans is finally here! I am so sorry for the wait! DDOfans.com was started 4 years ago by Jblake, KRFournier, and PoeJoe. It has long since expired, but I have revived it under http://www.ddofans.org....

This project was started to give the community an evironment that is entirely dedicated to them! That's right, DDOfans has a live chat feature, a blog, and a resource section featuring all your favorite fan fiction and DDO TV series.

We have spent a very long time putting this together for you, and we plan to keep it updated as per member request.

If you would like to post any fan fiction submissions, TV show submissions, competitions, or tournaments to the "Other" section, please send the link to me so I can do that for you. Also I will be advertising debates on the front page per user request! Just send me a PM with the link to the debate, and an image you want advertised with it and I will throw it up for you.

Bsh1 is currently the head Mod over there and will be monitoring the chat system.

I just want to give a special shout out to everyone who made this possible:

Larztheloser, for help in creating the blog, profiles, and logins.
Bsh1, YYW, zaradi, Bluesteel, for beta testing for me.

The website administration will be handed over to the next elected DDO president for handling of any DDO projects and announcement.

***Future Updates***

DDOfans mobile App for IOS and Android: Will be releasing as soon as I have some spare cash to spend on the liscences.

Video Chat: Will be released within the next few days

Screen sharing: Will be released within the next few days

More profile customization features IE profile song and background images: Will be released in the coming weeks.

_____________________________

There are currently a couple bugs with the chat that will be fixed soon. You cannot invite members to a public chat right now. Additionally the "whose online" tab won't display any users. These bugs will be fixed in the next couple of days. Until then, you can see members in a public chatroom, and to private chat just click on their name. I have already appointed some chat mods, so please watch your conduct.

Thankyou so much to everyone in advance for checking out the website. I hope you love it!

I have a fan fiction of my own, though it's probably lame.
http://www.debate.org...
I'm not finished with it yet, but when I am, can you put it in there with the other DDO fan fiction?
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:54:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 8:08:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
I have a fan fiction of my own, though it's probably lame.
http://www.debate.org...
I'm not finished with it yet, but when I am, can you put it in there with the other DDO fan fiction?

Will do!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:21:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 8:08:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
I have a fan fiction of my own, though it's probably lame.
http://www.debate.org...
I'm not finished with it yet, but when I am, can you put it in there with the other DDO fan fiction?

http://www.ddofans.org...

You are in! Sorry for the wait.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:37:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just as a note to guests: if you follow the link directly, you'll show up as a guest. You need to go to the chat directly from DDOfans to show up as your username.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:39:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I signed up, and got a UID. Right now its telling me no users are online which, while plausible, I figured I'd ask whether anyone else IS online.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:41:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:37:44 PM, TN05 wrote:
Just as a note to guests: if you follow the link directly, you'll show up as a guest. You need to go to the chat directly from DDOfans to show up as your username.

How do I get to it from DDOfans?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:42:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:41:34 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:37:44 PM, TN05 wrote:
Just as a note to guests: if you follow the link directly, you'll show up as a guest. You need to go to the chat directly from DDOfans to show up as your username.

How do I get to it from DDOfans?

You won't see it on a phone, but there is a tab at the bottom with chat info. I haven't found a way for this to work if you are using a phone though.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:43:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:42:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:41:34 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:37:44 PM, TN05 wrote:
Just as a note to guests: if you follow the link directly, you'll show up as a guest. You need to go to the chat directly from DDOfans to show up as your username.

How do I get to it from DDOfans?

You won't see it on a phone, but there is a tab at the bottom with chat info. I haven't found a way for this to work if you are using a phone though.

I'm not on a phone. I'm just a noob lol.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 10:20:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:39:33 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I signed up, and got a UID. Right now its telling me no users are online which, while plausible, I figured I'd ask whether anyone else IS online.

like the OP said, the online user thing will be fixed soon
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 10:22:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 9:42:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:41:34 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:37:44 PM, TN05 wrote:
Just as a note to guests: if you follow the link directly, you'll show up as a guest. You need to go to the chat directly from DDOfans to show up as your username.

How do I get to it from DDOfans?

You won't see it on a phone, but there is a tab at the bottom with chat info. I haven't found a way for this to work if you are using a phone though.

The app will be released within a week or so
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 10:43:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How do I use the chat?
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:29:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 10:30:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
love this btw

There are so many people here right now! Come join us!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:29:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 10:43:47 PM, jh1234l wrote:
How do I use the chat?

There is a bar on the bottom of the page. Create an account, and your username will pop up. Enjoy :)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:29:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 10:47:05 PM, YYW wrote:
Imabench is on DDO fans, guys.

OMG!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:32:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 11:29:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/17/2014 10:30:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
love this btw

There are so many people here right now! Come join us!

no one will tell me how to edit my damn name
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:42:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 11:32:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/17/2014 11:29:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/17/2014 10:30:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
love this btw

There are so many people here right now! Come join us!

no one will tell me how to edit my damn name

I did but it kept getting drowned out. just go to the home page, register an account, refresh the page and you will be mikal in the chat
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:50:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 11:42:36 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/17/2014 11:32:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/17/2014 11:29:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/17/2014 10:30:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
love this btw

There are so many people here right now! Come join us!

no one will tell me how to edit my damn name

I did but it kept getting drowned out. just go to the home page, register an account, refresh the page and you will be mikal in the chat

I got banned because someone thought I was the penis guy
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:52:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 11:50:31 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/17/2014 11:42:36 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/17/2014 11:32:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/17/2014 11:29:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/17/2014 10:30:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
love this btw

There are so many people here right now! Come join us!

no one will tell me how to edit my damn name

I did but it kept getting drowned out. just go to the home page, register an account, refresh the page and you will be mikal in the chat

I got banned because someone thought I was the penis guy

I'll unban you. I removed guest chat so now it should be easier to tell who is who. If someone is lying about their user name, I obviously have their IP's and account details and can just remove them.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:54:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/17/2014 11:52:55 PM, Mikal wrote:
I give up lol, now I can't access it at all

it won't let me log in either
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)