Jif Pop: In Defence of Myself

Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:44:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Defense of Jifpop09

Welcome everybody, I wish to tell you all of my story. The one I never got to tell, for simple yet peculiar reasons. Airmax, had come to me with a list of 4 special complaints. Complaints about my conduct on this site. He badgered me for a little while, requesting I defend myself. I waited a while, thinking and devising my response, until I recieved a PM from Airmax. It said I have one hour to defend my actions to him, or I will be perma-banned. That hour never came though, as Airmax closed my account not ten minutes after writing that PM. I feel I still owe DDO my defense though, so lets begin with the four charges brought against me, in my final hours of DDO"

1. I called a conspiracist a fool. I added my signature -_- next to it.

2. I sent out a mass PM (One, but the PM glitch copied it 6 times).

3. One of my polls had a picture of a English women in a swimsuit.

4. Personal Attack Forums

With these charges listed on the table, let me put a reasonable explanation, of why I thought these things were ok to do. I will also explain, why if warned, I would of stopped doing these things.

My conduct violations -_-

You see, I don"t like fighing with other people, but sometimes I"m rather blinded by a need to show correct facts and data, in the face of people who seem to be nut jobs in my opinion. When you know someones blatantly wrong, you just want to call them a fool. Of course, when calling someone a fool is against the site TOS, it is probably not a good idea. Well, here"s my reasoning for why I thought it was ok.

People on this site, DO IT ALL THE TIME. No joke, they really do. This site is a literal drama farm. People get off on insulting people all the time. A good example is Monty1, who has been allegedly reported by at least 9 members from my understanding. I personally clicked the report button over 50 times on this guy. A few more examples are Zaradi, Zarrote and Imabench. I have seen them all insult me, and others on this site, and they just get a slap on the wrist.. So, I have to ask, why the double standard Airmax?

Airmax has a personal grudge against me

I"m sure he will probably deny this, but there is no hiding the fact that I wasn"t his favorite person on this site. I have called out his effectiveness as a moderator more than a dozen times. Usually met with a long response over PM or forum post demanding a public apology. Now, you might be thinking in your head, Airmax is a good guy, he would never do something like that out of pure spite.

You're absolutely right. But can we agree it might of swayed his hand? None of us like having our reputation and integrity brought into question. I was doing that, and it's become obvious to me why Airmax would resort to a ban , and not the 1000 more evident problems on this site. You guys may not believe me here, but a person can usually tell beyond a doubt when they"re on someone's bad side, and I definitely wasn"t on Airmax"s good one.

My Mass PM

I really don"t see Airmax"s concern over this one. I have to deal with mass PM"s at least twice a week. I developed a brilliant method for stopping them, that has kept my sanity. I go to the corner of the message, and press "stop threads". That"s not the point though.

The important thing, is that I did something wrong, and I didn"t have a chance to learn from my mistakes. Isn"t that the point of moderation? To make sure the action doesn"t happen again, before taking it to the next level? I wish I only had such a chance, but it seems Airmax did not give me time to change course.

English Woman in a Swimsuit

Now, I will make a full confession here. I did put a picture of a woman in a swimsuit, but I never really saw this as a huge problem, for several reasons"

(1) I do not see the damaging harm of having a woman in a bikini as a poll title.

(2) I figured most people are mature enough to see a woman in a bikini.

(3) It was the first result when searching "Is this flag controversial" in the image bar,

I have been warned about this before though, but my problem with this being used as an offense against me, is because it hadn"t happened in a hell of a long time. I believe the last time I did this was 1-2 months a go. I am hoping for a bit of amnesty here.

The Attack Threads

I don"t even know why Airmax used this one as a reason for my banishment :/. I haven"t made an attack thread in 2 weeks, and I don"t even think the word "attack" fits. Actually, I didn"t even mention a specific name in my last thread, as I believed it would be ok if I simply pointed out bad conduct as long as people weren"t being called out.

Apparently I was advised by Airmax that this wasn"t ok either. Anyways, why did he even list this as a reason for my banishment? I considered this a reformation on my part.

Conclusion

Thanks everyone! I don't know how long this ban will be, but I felt really upset that I got kicked off this site, before the time limit to defend my actions expired. Hopefully you will all show some trust and pity, that I will come back to DDO a different person. Once again, thanks to all of you for making my time on this site so enjoyable :D

PS: I did not write this. This was posted on the behalf of Jif Pop.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:48:44 PM
Well, this should be interesting.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:51:54 PM
At 5/17/2014 8:51:02 PM, XLAV wrote:
How did Jif sent this to you?

He has an alt, doesn't he?

Probably DDOfans.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:53:12 PM
At 5/17/2014 8:51:54 PM, TN05 wrote:

Probably DDOfans.

Can you send me a link of this 'DDOfans' please?
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:53:44 PM
At 5/17/2014 8:53:12 PM, XLAV wrote:

Probably DDOfans.

Can you send me a link of this 'DDOfans' please?

http://www.ddofans.org...

Launch party chat is tonight!
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:54:25 PM

Probably DDOfans.

We have a secret cult. He secretly controls this website.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:16:58 PM
Yeah....I can't, or rather won't, believe jifpop's story.
I can link to a thread that shows that he clearly doesn't know how to listen, or chooses not to, so I am not too keen on believing his hearsay.
My work here is, finally, done.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:29:35 PM
Jif, sorry for not hearing you out.
I would like to think we resolved our differences before your account was closed.
I would still like to know your real age.
And I am sorry for not being open minded with your culture.
-Annie
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:31:55 PM
At 5/17/2014 8:54:25 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

Probably DDOfans.

I knew it. Jifpop is the leader of the DDO Elite. The DDO Revolutionary Party, DDO Jihad Party, and DDO Pirate Party were just fronts to increase the power of the DDO Elite. I guess that means *Censored by the DDO Elite* and that Jifpop is really *Censored by the DDO Elite*
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:39:09 PM
At 5/17/2014 9:31:55 PM, Subutai wrote:

Probably DDOfans.

I knew it. Jifpop is the leader of the DDO Elite. The DDO Revolutionary Party, DDO Jihad Party, and DDO Pirate Party were just fronts to increase the power of the DDO Elite. I guess that means *Censored by the DDO Elite* and that Jifpop is really *Censored by the DDO Elite*

Jifpop is *censored by the DDo Illuminati*
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:39:13 PM

Probably DDOfans.

Which means this whole thing is just a ploy to allow the DDO elite to *censored by the DDO Elite*!
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:40:20 PM
At 5/17/2014 9:39:09 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

Probably DDOfans.

Jifpop must have created the DDO Illuminati to *Censored by the DDO Elite*
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:41:32 PM
At 5/17/2014 9:40:20 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 5/17/2014 9:39:09 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

Probably DDOfans.

Jifpop must have created the DDO Illuminati to *Censored by the DDO Elite*

Or maybe Airmax is the leader of the *censored by the DDo Elite* in an attempt to reduce the power of the *censored by DDo Illuminati*
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 3:52:07 AM

Now, I will make a full confession here. I did put a picture of a woman in a swimsuit, but I never really saw this as a huge problem, for several reasons"

He prob banned you because it was an English girl

Americans are so much hotter

http://i.minus.com...
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 4:13:37 AM
At 5/18/2014 3:52:07 AM, Mikal wrote:

daaaaaaaaaayyyyyum
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 5:36:34 AM
At 5/18/2014 4:13:37 AM, Defro wrote:

daaaaaaaaaayyyyyum

English people are good looking too.....I'll see what jiffy has to say about this.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:40:45 AM
Ya know, how hard is it really to not get banned from a website. It's like trying to blame someone else for their own self inflicted wound. If you get banned you have no one else to blame but yourself.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Krazzy_Player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:53:07 AM
This site and its idiotic mods don't have any other job but BAN BAN BAN. Now wait and watch will I be ban ban banned again.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:57:59 AM
At 5/18/2014 8:40:45 AM, sadolite wrote:
Ya know, how hard is it really to not get banned from a website. It's like trying to blame someone else for their own self inflicted wound. If you get banned you have no one else to blame but yourself.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:26:16 AM
At 5/18/2014 8:53:07 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
This site and its idiotic mods don't have any other job but BAN BAN BAN. Now wait and watch will I be ban ban banned again.

Gawd, you sound like a 6 year old.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:40:57 AM

Haven't you posted stuff way worse than women in swim suits...?
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:51:39 AM
I find this way out of date, what's done is done. Stop fussing over it.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 4:51:29 PM
At 5/18/2014 9:42:25 AM, Romanii wrote:
@Airmax

Can you confirm that list of complaints?

I've already explained this in detail in several places. That list ignores the context, and there are at least a dozen problems with what is written above otherwise. I could spend at least an hour replying to all those issues but I don't see the point. Jif was given many warnings and he decided to ignore them. When I brought up the issues of just that specific day, he decided to ignore me entirely. His judgement there was terrible, and it reflects his behavior/judgement in general.
Debate.org Moderator
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 5:53:22 PM
At 5/18/2014 4:51:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/18/2014 9:42:25 AM, Romanii wrote:
@Airmax

Can you confirm that list of complaints?

I've already explained this in detail in several places. That list ignores the context, and there are at least a dozen problems with what is written above otherwise. I could spend at least an hour replying to all those issues but I don't see the point. Jif was given many warnings and he decided to ignore them. When I brought up the issues of just that specific day, he decided to ignore me entirely. His judgement there was terrible, and it reflects his behavior/judgement in general.

re: romanii, etc asking for more details

I never reported him, but jif was a complete douchenozzle to me. I would post in his econ topics just asking questions and he would call me an idiot troll with terrible logic. *me*. Think of me what you will, but I have a high ELO, did competitive debate, and have a freaking BA in economics. Jif was being a pretty bad troll, so it doesn't surprise me *at all* that he got in trouble for doing the same thing to other people. I took the high road in not reporting him, but he obviously did the same behavior to other people.

His defense is pretty pathetic, if you break it down. He basically says, "yeah, I did all those bad things. I called someone an idiot, but he was! I personally attacked people, but [in my mind] I don't think I had done it for two weeks," etc. The two obvious problems with this are (1) all this does is provide *context* to the bad behavior [like a murder suspect talking about their bad childhood leading to drugs and an f***ed up life] -- it provides context but doesn't make these any less of TOS violations and (2) jifpop is purposely ignoring other personal attacks that in his weird worldview he didn't view as "personal attack" threads. You don't have to make a thread called "______ user SUCKKSSSSS" for it to be obviously targeted at one person. Jif made multiple threads that were obviously impliedly calling out one of his specific debate opponents or someone who said something to him in the forums in another thread.

Lastly, jif harps on how he didn't get "the full hour," from the last PM, but he had HOURS and HOURS before that to respond, instead of making a mass PM to complain about airmax, rather than just dealing with the accusations. BUT IT WOULDN'T HAVE MATTERED. Even if jif had responded, if he had responded in the way he did *above* on the OP -- to simply deny everything, say it was all justified, and *really* promise to change -- he would have been banned anyway.

I say all this not knowing the full situation. Airmax didn't walk me through everything jifpop had done. But it's pretty obvious.

I'm sorry that those of you who liked him were deprived of a friend. It's easy to forgive his behavior when (1) you didn't see it and (2) he was never sh**ty to you. But he was sh**ty to a lot of other people. You have to remember that. He's not some knight in shining armor. The accusation that airmax had it out for him is ridiculous. Jif was just a douche would was trying to masquerade as a very serious scholar. But instead of engaging with people (like me), he resorted to trolling when he didn't want to answer.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 6:02:09 PM
Jif has mommy issues. If you challenge what he believes or make him feel irrelevant in anyway, he develops different levels of butthurt. This was blatantly obvious when he popped in DDO fans before the perma ban
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 6:02:30 PM
*not really promise to change

A better apology would have been: I'm sorry, I'll stop being such a douche. I thought it was fun at the time, but I realize now that it harms the community.

inb4 he said something to the effect of "he would get better." Yeah, but that's not a real promise to change; it's like if you have a 2 hour argument with a significant other about how it's THEIR fault, then claim at the end that you'll change your behavior (the thing *they* were complaining about). It's not as believable when you *still* entirely blame the other person. You're saying the words, but they are devoid of meaning.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)