Dropping out of the presidential race

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 10:50:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello DDO!

Thank you so much for all your support during my campaign. Unfortunately, after discussing the situation with Whiteflame, we both realized that we will not have the time resources necessary to effectively represent the members of Debate.org. Therefore, we feel we must remove ourselves from this campaign.

We have received a lot of support, so thank you all so much! Although I am not able to run this term, it is quite possible that we will be able to do so during a different term. Lastly, I want to thank all of those running for president, particularly bladerunner, who has a very competitive plan for the future of DDO. It's been fun!

Thanks most of all to Whiteflame. I'm sure we would have been an awesome team. Thank you so much for all of your support and patience.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:02:00 PM
At 5/17/2014 10:50:52 PM, kbub wrote:
Hello DDO!

Thank you so much for all your support during my campaign. Unfortunately, after discussing the situation with Whiteflame, we both realized that we will not have the time resources necessary to effectively represent the members of Debate.org. Therefore, we feel we must remove ourselves from this campaign.

We have received a lot of support, so thank you all so much! Although I am not able to run this term, it is quite possible that we will be able to do so during a different term. Lastly, I want to thank all of those running for president, particularly bladerunner, who has a very competitive plan for the future of DDO. It's been fun!

Thanks most of all to Whiteflame. I'm sure we would have been an awesome team. Thank you so much for all of your support and patience.

I did appreciate the opportunity to run as a pair, and I agree with you. I think we would have made a great team, but of course, real life priorities come first. I know that in my PhD program, I would have had tremendous difficulties functioning as president of this site if I had decided to run for the position.

In the absence of our ticket, I would like to announce that I am formally supporting bladerunner's bid for the presidency, and I would be happy to discuss the possibility of playing some active role in his administration should it become a reality.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:22:43 PM
Well, for the record, while anyone who wants to be part of my administration if I win can be part, as I've said, that's PARTICULARLY true for you two!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:48:05 AM
Whelp, that pretty much confirms bladerunner as our next president...

Good luck for the next time you decide to run, kbub!
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 11:31:20 AM
At 5/18/2014 9:48:05 AM, Romanii wrote:
Whelp, that pretty much confirms bladerunner as our next president...

Good luck for the next time you decide to run, kbub!

Thanks a lot Ramanii!